• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Cocopuff@20
    Day Player
    • Mar 2023

How do we feel about cody

I'm not sure how I feel about him, I'm trying to figure out what's his purpose other than being macs son
  • EHolland
    Board Regular
    • Jan 2022

I just flat out do not like him at all. Haven’t from the beginning and it hasn’t changed. But I would love for them to stick him with BLQ just to get her away From sweet Chase!

Comment

• MeTyme
      MeTyme commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes! Free Chase from Brook Lynn. What is her purpose other than to bungle up Chase's life. At least if she could sing it would be nice to have her singing with Ned at the Q's or in the nurses ball. Her only purpose is to ruin Chase as a character. He seems so juvenile since she's been around him.

• Pamcho
      Pamcho commented
      Editing a comment
      It would be great if they paired Cody & BLQ, 2 characters I don't like and save
      Chase for Sasha. But we can't have nice things.
  • MrsValentine
    Aspiring soap scribe
    • Sep 2009

I like Cody.

I’m looking forward to seeing him develop a father/son partnership in Mac. Cody imo is basically a good person with shades of grey. We know that he has a conscious and heart, and that he doesn’t believe he deserves a father like Mac because of his (C) past misdeeds. He doesn’t feel worthy of happiness imo.

I think Cody’s purpose is to grow as a person from the grifter type guy who risked his chances with Britt and Mac for money (necklace), into a man who is learning that there is more to life than riches . I think what will give him more purpose are the relationships he is building with everyone from Mama Q, Leo, Brooklyn, Sasha, and deepening his friendship with Dante. But of course, bonding with Mac, Felicia and Maxi will really give him the grounding he longs for and a wonderful family of his own.

I’m rooting for Cody.

Comment

• Wanda Wolek
      Wanda Wolek commented
      Editing a comment
      I agree with so much of this post. The only thing I would change is that Cody is learning there are more riches in life than money. Friends and family are more important than cash.

• taramartin
      taramartin commented
      Editing a comment
      Good post. I think we will become more invested in Cody. I don't like how it was implied that Mac needed a biological child though - he is the best father on GH. Blood doesn't make a family. They still could've brought Cody on as his son without that unnecessary dialog.

• MrsValentine
      MrsValentine commented
      Editing a comment
      We share the same sentiment. I love the way you phrased it. Thank you.
  • Emerald Greens
    Aspiring soap scribe
    • Feb 2006

Originally posted by MrsValentine View Post
    I like Cody.

I’m looking forward to seeing him develop a father/son partnership in Mac. Cody imo is basically a good person with shades of grey. We know that he has a conscious and heart, and that he doesn’t believe he deserves a father like Mac because of his (C) past misdeeds. He doesn’t feel worthy of happiness imo.

I think Cody’s purpose is to grow as a person from the grifter type guy who risked his chances with Britt and Mac for money (necklace), into a man who is learning that there is more to life than riches . I think what will give him more purpose are the relationships he is building with everyone from Mama Q, Leo, Brooklyn, Sasha, and deepening his friendship with Dante. But of course, bonding with Mac, Felicia and Maxi will really give him the grounding he longs for and a wonderful family of his own.

I’m rooting for Cody.
    That's how I feel about Cody.He doesn't feel worthy but unlike many charcters he's hard on himself. I think Felcia senses something there she's not dismissing the idea that he isn't family. I think she and maybe Dante will keep pushing until the truth comes out maybe Maxie too. He feels like he messed up too much but really compared to who? Most of them are messed up that's a soap.

Comment

• MrsValentine
      MrsValentine commented
      Editing a comment
      Exactly, Well said.
  • CarnyQueen
    I Let My Evil Twin Post For Me
    • Mar 2006

I am finding Cody much more tolerable these days. I loathed him when he first came on and was supposedly bantering with Britt -- their conversations really consisted of him being a pushy jerk and telling her, "You say you don't like me but of course you are attracted to me, you are just a nag for pushing me away." I was so disgusted with this 1950s trope.

But they have toned him down and improved his grooming since Britt left. I always liked that Mac loved being dad to three girls and didn't care that they weren't his biological daughters, but I guess I can deal with another generation of Scorpio men.

And while I do love to see the vets (like Felicia, Mac, Robert, Laura, Kevin), I also feel like the 50-something leads (Sonny, Carly, Nina) tend to eat up the show. We need romances and friendships for the early 30s-40s crowd too.

Comment

• Wanda Wolek
      Wanda Wolek commented
      Editing a comment
      The writing was horrid for Cody and Britt. KT had and easy chemistry with everyone, but it disappeared when the writers tried to force Cody and Britt into a "can't stand him, but now I love him" soap trope scenario. It was like watching someone trying to ram a square peg into a round hole. If the writing hadn't been so heavy-handed, I think the natural chemistry between the two actors would have shown up.

• Emerald Greens
      Emerald Greens commented
      Editing a comment
      Pretty accurated they need to do more with other characters and not just three or four of them.
  • Cocopuff@20
    Day Player
    • Mar 2023

Thank you guys I love all your post on the subject 💗

Comment

• MeTyme
      Senior Board Member
      • Jan 2020

I like him. He seems like he is evolving from the money hungry guy he came on as.

Comment

• Quinoa
        Contract Poster
        • Feb 2012

I'm warming up to him. I think he and Britt were a mismatch. I could barely even watch him before.

Comment

• Lulubee
          Board Regular
          • May 2021

I liked the idea of him and had hopes for him and Britt, but I don’t see much of a personality even now so I’m over it. He can stay or leave because I like Mac having a son and Maxie a brother but they should not give him too much screen time if he will remain this bland.

Comment

• littleliz
            I Let My Evil Twin Post For Me
            • Nov 2016

When he first came on I was excited cause I saw him on another soap but the writers have just
            let him hang out and not given him any good storylines. Too bad Britt died but do think he and
            Sasha would be good. I am hoping Lulu comes back and then she might pair with him. Dante
            would have a major fit.

Comment

• DayRose
              Aspiring soap scribe
              • Oct 2020

Cody is less annoying now to me. I like his interactions with Sasha.

Comment

• ToS
                Board Regular
                • Jun 2013

I hate that he exists because the actor is Frank's friend from OLTL and texted him looking for a job, and I hate that they rewrote Mac's history to make Cody his son. But I like in general what they've been writing for him lately and he's been more tolerable.

Comment

• CarnyQueen
                  CarnyQueen commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I don't have any problem with actors networking to try to get a job. That happens in lots of professions. Daytime dramas seem like a pretty small world where all the producers know actors from various shows. It seems GH wanted a new love interest for Britt, and decided to add some family for Mac, and this guy fit the bill. And even though KT left, they now need a love interest for Sasha.

• Pamcho
                  Pamcho commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Andrienne Leon has a beautiful voice and is very pretty. I guess they wanted Brooklyn to be more of a bad girl so they hired AS.

• ToS
                  ToS commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Yep. Amanda worked for Frank for years at OLTL. They remained good friends. He approached her and gave her the job, then they worked to turn BLQ into a Tracy 2.0 who can no longer sing, with mixed results. I like Amanda in the role, but most of the time it seems like she's playing a completely different character with the same name.
              • MayaCanada
                Soap Addict
                • Jun 2007

He lied to his father, for money purposes. He is a character with no integrity and Mac should in no way be tied to that kind of character. He will be hard to redeem for me.

Comment

• Pamcho
                  Pamcho commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I can't stand his shifty eyes.
              • believeinme246
                Aspiring soap scribe
                • Jan 2015

I wasn't a fan of Cody early on, and I really didn't see him as a couple with Britt. I could have seen him more of a little brother than a couple. However, I really like him with Maxie, even if it's brother sister and I'm interested in exploring him with Sasha. I love him and his horse tails and I like him with Mac and Felicia. He's also easy on the eyes - since he cleaned up.

Comment

• Phrynie
                  Board Regular
                  • May 2017

I like Cody, he is building relationships with family ( even if they don't know yet) as well as other people.
                  I could see him with Sasha, I think they could be good together.
                  I am not looking forward to whatever it was that happened with him and Dante when they were teens. I hope the writers drop that.

Comment

Google Matched Content

Collapse

Bottom of Page

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X