• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dremoon
    Day Player
    • Jan 2016

What if Drew turns them in for insider trading

Hear me out on this. What if Drew turns himself and Carly in for insider trading but sets it up so they get out of it but Nina gets blamed? That, in my opinion, is a much better story Nina or Ava getting revenge on Carly so they are hated once again.
  • Wanda Wolek
    Contract Poster
    • May 2013

That would not be a Drew thing to do. A Carly thing, maybe, but not Drew. Drew is a decent man. He wouldn't turn himself in for insider trading because that would mean Carly would be charged to. And to do it just so Nina would get the blame? That's convoluted logic. People who are already mad at Nina would just be madder at her, but Carly and Drew would be facing consequences for insider trading.

Did you mean Ned?

Comment

• dremoon
      dremoon commented
      Editing a comment
      No, I meant Drew. he sets it up so they get out of the charges so they can finally go public with their relationship but because everyone would just assume that that’s a Nina thing to do, she automatically gets the blame. Eventually it would come out that she didn’t do it and exonerate her in people’s eyes.
  • DayRose
    Aspiring soap scribe
    • Oct 2020

I don't think that would happen.

Comment

• 1sbkmcfan
      Aspiring soap scribe
      • Aug 2006

I doubt Drew would turn himself, Carly and Michael in. I could, however, see Carly doing it to one-up Nina if she thought Nina would do it. Carly would have to beat her to the punch.😀 it could be entertaining if Nina has no plans to do it but Carly thought she was and turned herself in first that would be hilarious. There needs to be a bit of humor inserted into this drawn out Carly vs Nina saga.
      Last edited by 1sbkmcfan; March 11, 2023, 10:20 AM.

Comment

• Soapaholic26
        Senior Board Member
        • Jan 2017

I feel like Nina is going to tip off the SEC but Ned is going to get blamed for it.

Comment

• MrsValentine
          MrsValentine commented
          Editing a comment
          That is an interesting idea. It could also happen the other way around too.

• Wanda Wolek
          Wanda Wolek commented
          Editing a comment
          I'd rather it were the other way around. Ned tips off the SEC and Nina gets the blame. I'd like to see the egg on everyone's faces when they learned the truth after berating Nina for weeks.
      • Eve S Dropper
        Board Regular
        • Dec 2020

Actually, while I disagree that Drew would do it to blame Nina (not in his personality), he and Carly and Michael probably would be smart to contact a lawyer now and come forward like Liz did. Say something like last summer I heard that this merger was in the works and I wanted to invest to support my son. Drew and Michael advised against it but I was excited and invested heavily. The deal fell through and I lost millions. What charges am I facing and what kind of a deal can I make? I suspect that because it is not a case where the insider made millions while other investors lost millions, the answer might be to go pick trash in the park with Cam...and Nina can cry to Ava that Carly got away with something else.

Comment

• MrsValentine
          MrsValentine commented
          Editing a comment
          Yes, they should seek legal advice. So many times common sense is nonexistent with the characters on this show lol.

• CarnyQueen
          CarnyQueen commented
          Editing a comment
          Carly should absolutely consult a lawyer, and it's ridiculous that she hasn't done so. The lawyer might very well suggest she come forward and the worst she would get would be a fine.

Google Matched Content

Collapse

Bottom of Page

Collapse
      Working...
      X