• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JohnSmithSensei
    Newcomer
    • Jan 2023

I'm glad Esme is fighting for her baby

Regardless of Esme's rotten past pre-amnesia I don't feel comfortable with Ace being raised in the Cassadine orbit. It was unsettling how possessive Spencer and especially Victor was with Ace today, how they were practically anointed him as the next Cassadine heir. Even Laura and Diane seemed a bit leery about it. And Spencer seemed a little scary with that eerily calm manipulating he was doing to Esme later, reminded me of when he was blackmailing his father. It was a good thing Elizabeth got out out of there.
  • Anna74
    Contract Poster
    • Mar 2014

Yeah I am, too. I usually like Spencer but his plan to snatch Esme’s baby isn’t sitting right. And Esme is much less a cartoon villain now that she’s fighting for her baby.

Comment

• KateQ22003
      Executive Poster
      • Dec 2008

That baby doesn't deserve to be raised in jail, especially when Laura is willing to help. Full stop.

Comment

• Carablue
        Carablue commented
        Editing a comment
        But the baby does deserve to bond with his Mother. Something tells me there'll be little or no jail time for Esme.

• CarnyQueen
        CarnyQueen commented
        Editing a comment
        I'm also anticipating that there will be little or more probably no jail time for Esme. Six months in a jail that has special facilities for new mothers wouldn't hurt baby Ace, who would be able to bond with his mother while she had parenting classes etc. Even if she does serve time, Esme would want to reclaim her baby when she got out of jail, and since she wouldn't be stripped of her parental rights, she would get her child back.

• Eve S Dropper
        Eve S Dropper commented
        Editing a comment
        Given the number of people in PC who blame all their problems on their mother abandoning them, I think it would be better to allow Esme to keep her baby. I doubt that they put mothers with babies in cages with toilets sticking out of wall and scary WWF cellmates. Assuming Esme is in a facility with proper set up to keep mother and child together, let her bond with her baby and all these supposedly loving relatives can come visit regularly to forge relationships, and make arrangements for when Esme gets out of jail. But I think Spencer's self centered quest to take the baby away will take precedence over what is really best for the tyke in the long run.
    • PigPen
      Board Regular
      • Sep 2022

Spencer is already a younger Victor in the making.

Comment

• CarnyQueen
        CarnyQueen commented
        Editing a comment
        I think that's accurate! He's certainly just as entitled as his Great-great-uncle Victor.
    • december rose
      I Let My Evil Twin Post For Me
      • Feb 2016

Originally posted by KateQ22003 View Post
      That baby doesn't deserve to be raised in jail, especially when Laura is willing to help. Full stop.
      Laura seems to be going along with the plan that Spencer is entitled to raise the baby.

Spencer is not entitled to anything. He is the older brother and a felon himself.

He is no better than Esme, He supported her plans and brought her to PC.

Comment

• regalbeagle
        regalbeagle commented
        Editing a comment
        I don't think Spencer is a felon. His crime was probably a lesser charge than that.

• CarnyQueen
        CarnyQueen commented
        Editing a comment
        I think Spencer is a felon. I don't remember the exact charges he faced in the harassment/stalking/terrorizing of Ava, but given the fact that he was given a custodial sentence even after he cut a deal makes me think that they were felony charges. He is also guilty of escape, which in NYS if it involves escaping from a correctional facility is a felony.
    • SPFF
      Board Regular
      • May 2022

It's her meal ticket why wouldn't she

Comment

• MeTyme
        Senior Board Member
        • Jan 2020

It's her baby. She carried him for 9 months and gave birth to him. From everything we have seen she seems to genuinely love Ace and want to be his mom. Ace is best off with her no matter where she is. That's why they allow the infants there for 18months so the baby can bond with mom and be breast fed if that's the choice.

Comment

• CarnyQueen
          • Mar 2006

Originally posted by december rose View Post

Laura seems to be going along with the plan that Spencer is entitled to raise the baby.

Spencer is not entitled to anything. He is the older brother and a felon himself.

He is no better than Esme, He supported her plans and brought her to PC.
          I'm kind of shocked that Laura is being so passive in this, and I'm getting a little tired of her indulging Spencer.

Even if Esme is going to prison, and for some reason can't keep Ace with her, she wouldn't be going to prison forever.

And when she got out, say in a year or two, she would want her child. And since she wouldn't have lost her parental rights, .she would get her child.

Comment

• SPFF
            Board Regular
            • May 2022

Do you all really think Esme became pregnant accidentally? Oh this was a planned baby and Esme had ZERO mothering instincts then. So I wonder why pre amnesia Esme allowed herself to get knocked up. If you're going to embrace a character at least know who you are embracing. I love Carly but I don't pretend she is not who she is

Comment

• RoslynFae
              RoslynFae commented
              Editing a comment
              Oh so by this logic Nik also planned this pregnancy by not wrapping it up? Lol yes obviously. Whether or not Esme planned it is the least of the issues here at this point.

• Eve S Dropper
              Eve S Dropper commented
              Editing a comment
              Oh I think she got pregnant as part of a plan, and I'm still doubtful about whether Nik is the father. But we saw signs of Esme beginning to care about the baby when she was locked up. And now that she (maybe) has no memory of her evil past, but she certainly remembers giving birth to that baby, she wants to keep and protect him. I think she deserves that chance, with very close and careful supervision. At a minimum she deserves to be the parent more so than the maybe-brother / co-conspirator / ex-convict Spencer.
          • CarnyQueen
            • Mar 2006

Originally posted by SPFF View Post
            Do you all really think Esme became pregnant accidentally? Oh this was a planned baby and Esme had ZERO mothering instincts then. So I wonder why pre amnesia Esme allowed herself to get knocked up. If you're going to embrace a character at least know who you are embracing. I love Carly but I don't pretend she is not who she is
            Oh, I think Esme has been a warped, malicious, spiteful young woman. Yes, she probably got pregnant on purpose, or considered it a great stroke of luck as she followed orders to break up Nikolas and Ava.

But no matter why she got pregnant, Ace is still her child.

She does have some feeling for her baby. Even before the amnesia, we saw her talking to her baby bump while she was imprisoned in the North Tower.

We know that Ryan planted Esme in the boarding school to get to Spencer, but we don't really know how old Esme was when her adoptive parents died or how old she was when she and Maggie traced Ryan and Esme began to fall under his sway.

Esme's being under Ryan's influence doesn't excuse her crimes, but it does help explain them. We can guess that Ryan manipulated Esme is some pretty disturbing ways -- her sexualized conversations with "daddy" were gross, and at one point she questioned Felicia about whether Ryan had really committed the serial killings. Who knows what he told her or what she let herself believe.

Esme's rejection of Ryan and Heather is a good sign that she hasn't completely embraced evil. She might never be a good person, but a lot of crappy people have children and are allowed to raise them, including Sonny, Ava, Valentin and the list goes on and on.

Comment

Google Matched Content

Collapse

Bottom of Page

Collapse
            Working...
            X