• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • notMary
    Day Player
    • Feb 2022

impression that Mac is covering for Ava [Merged]

Help me understand because I don't get how Mac stepping up to shoot Ryan as Ryan was approaching Ava. What is it that they did not report to Jordan? I did not hear anything really left out?
  • JohnSmithSensei
    Newcomer
    • Jan 2023

Ryan revealing that he through Esme was responsible for the gradual deterioration of Ava's life that lead to the eventual murder of Nicholas (assuming he's dead) might convince Ava she's less culpable for the incident when it eventually comes to light among Nicholas' other loved ones.

Comment

• CincyLady
      Aspiring soap scribe
      • Sep 2005

Ryan's manipulations causing Ava's marriage to implode don't justify "killing" Nicholas - or Ryan for that matter. (I'll accept Ava wounding Ryan really bad, though.) I'm just really certain that Nicholas isn't dead.

Comment

• rosamaira
        rosamaira commented
        Editing a comment
        IKR, show us the body, if you can. If Nik is dead he ought to be smelling!
    • Bella Scorpio
      Contract Poster
      • Feb 2013

This seems to be the way it will go, Ava will blame Nik's death on Ryan. I usually have a problem with people getting away with murder, but in this case (and since I love Ava), I guess I'm okay with it. Still hoping that real Nik isn't dead - that this was a fake Nik and real Nik will come home one day!

Comment

• Eve S Dropper
        Eve S Dropper commented
        Editing a comment
        This is my most fervent wish too. They go to fetch Nik's corpse and he's gone. In two years real Nik returns (with whoever plays him) and reveals everything from the time he went over the balcony was fake Nik cuz real Nik was wherever all the hostages on GH spend their time.
    • PigPen
      Board Regular
      • Sep 2022

First off, Ava only hit Nikolas over the head in an effort to stop him for going after her daughter. That's not murder with intent.

BUT ... Ava is guilty of hiding his body and trying to cover up the crime .. but ... if Nikolas is alive, Ava will get no more than a slap on the wrist for that part.

But who in Port Charles ever pays for crimes?

Actors without contracts, evidently.

Comment

• c83gilles
        c83gilles commented
        Editing a comment
        This is where the writing failed us - it seemed to me Nik was leaving the house. I never got the feeling that Avery was immediate danger - so in her anger at Nik’s words, not actions, hit him.

But I know others thought that he was turning to actually go retrieve her from the house. This has been an absolutely breakdown of writing.
    • NLHB
      Day Player
      • Jan 2012

I wonder if the police could assume that Ryan killed Nicolas instead of Ava. Unless they do an autopsy and determine about how long he has been dead they wouldn't know that the timeline wouldn't fit. They would just see Nicolas' body on an island full of crazies and Ava could put on a good show of Oh Nicolas my love! The rest could assume

Comment

• NLHB
        Day Player
        • Jan 2012

Sorry! Rest of my post

Nicolas was laying low on Spoon Island figuring out his next move when he ran into Ryan and Heather.

Comment

• Soapaholic26
          Senior Board Member
          • Jan 2017

I guess the only thing left out was that Ava tried to shoot him a second time, but the gun was out of bullets, or repeatedly misfired. I don't see how that matters though. If they admitted that Ava shot him once in the shoulder and he kept coming at her, Ava should be able to defend herself.

Comment

• OLTL'69
            OLTL'69 commented
            Editing a comment
            Yes then send the body to the crematorium

• rosamaira
            rosamaira commented
            Editing a comment
            Not yet OLTL'69. Doesn't Kevin want his brain to study like he did Fasion's?

• OLTL'69
            OLTL'69 commented
            Editing a comment
            I don't know if I would trust his brain (I know that sounds so stupid. )
        • OLTLBoomer
          Aspiring soap scribe
          • Mar 2010

Ava was going after him to kill him - premeditated murder. Jordan could have grounds to arrest and prosecute her.
          All Mac did was leave out that she stormed out looking for Ryan to kill him.
          Ava would have killed Ryan if the gun had not misfired.

Mac shooting Ryan was in self defense of himself and Ava. Only Mac, Felicia and Ava understand how lethal Ryan truly was. No one else - Kevin included would understand.

Comment

• believeinme246
            believeinme246 commented
            Editing a comment
            That growl he made before lunging at Ava was something fierce. Thank goodness Mac was there to save her.

• Emerald Greens
            Emerald Greens commented
            Editing a comment
            Yes I am glad Mac killed him. I don’t understand what the problem is if Ava had . I agree that growl was disturbing. Ryan was a menace. Good riddance to bad rubbish,
            Last edited by Emerald Greens; February 22, 2023, 10:56 PM.
        • emilydaze
          Senior Board Member
          • May 2018

I was actually very relieved that Ryan died before he could tell anyone that Ava confessed to killing Nikolas, (and SO happy Ryan is finally dead and gone anyway!)

But I think Ava should still be very nervous about what Austin may say if they find Nikolas' body. Even though he promised not to tell anyone what she did, I'm not sure she trusts him.

I'm still hoping Austin took away Nikolas while he was alive and saved his life so maybe they won't find a body. (Sort of like what happened to Peter, the case of the missing body.)

I love Ava but I think the guilt will eventually get to her (until Nikolas shows up again hopefully!) Actually she's seems to be holding up pretty well talking to both Laura and Spencer with little or no remorse or guilt.

Comment

• OLTLBoomer
            Aspiring soap scribe
            • Mar 2010

Too many what ifs at this point.

Nicholas has been dead (to us) for two days - he should be starting to smell.
            Austin knows.
            Ava knows.
            Does Mason know also - as he ia always where Austin is?

Comment

• Clementine15
              Clementine15 commented
              Editing a comment
              We know Mason went to the island, and no more has been heard of him. He must still be there and know everything that happened.

• FleurdiLisa
              FleurdiLisa commented
              Editing a comment
              I was hoping that Mason would have walked in on all of this and realized how in over his head he is in PC.
          • ZanneMarie
            Senior Board Member
            • Jul 2018

Mac was covering up when Ava shot Ryan in the shoulder. By saying it happened and the gun misfired so he shot to save her, no one would question that Ryan was going for her when she shot him in the shoulder. He did it so there would be no questions for Ava. I think that Mac, because of his own history with Ryan (which included Ryan terrorizing Felicia and showing up at a wedding with a bomb strapped to him), didn't feel like Ava should be questioned about when she shot him. He knows what Ryan did to Kiki but also, because he knows about Ryan's relationship with Esme, he knows Ryan used Esme to terrorize Ava and destroy her life like he did to Felicia years ago. I think Mac understands why Ava would have shot Ryan and killed him if she could. I think he feels Ava was justified and he didn't want the law getting in the way of it. I mean this is Ava with a gun. We all know that Ava wouldn't necessarily wait for Ryan to make the first move to shoot him. She already stuck a knife in him. LOL

Comment

• parker joe
              I Let My Evil Twin Post For Me
              • Feb 2005

Yeah, I don't think it's about either covering for the other. Mac heard Ryan taunting Ava, and Ava wasn't able to defend herself, either because the gun misfired or she was out of bullets. (Personally, I'm gonna guess Heather took out all but one bullet. I don't recall any other shots, and Mac's not going to run around like Barney Fife with only shot)

Comment

• notMary
                notMary commented
                Editing a comment
                Oh my. What a great thought. Heather taking out all the bullets. Did not even think about that angle. Good job.
            • franron
              Aspiring soap scribe
              • Oct 2005

Maybe, Mac is covering for himself... He may have been glad to come upon them, and he, himself has plenty of reason to want to shoot Ryan, rid the world of him, once and for all. Saving Ava gave him an excuse to carry that out....Conveniently, there are no other cops around. They always seem to go around, all by themselves, no organized manhunts looking for the escapee...
              Last edited by franron; February 22, 2023, 07:29 PM.

Comment

• SPFF
                Board Regular
                • May 2022

I think they both wanted the Ryan horror to be over. I think Mac could arrested Ryan and brought him in. But he wanted Ryan dead and so did Ava so I don't expect her to give Mac up. But here's the problem Mac faces when you don't give the correct story on how something went down they're going to find holes in your story. Things that dont add up. These two need to meet and get their story straight. But it's clear Mac did not need to kill Ryan to apprehend him

Comment

Google Matched Content

Collapse

Bottom of Page

Collapse
                Working...
                X