• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Truthwriter
    Recurring Poster
    • Jan 2016

Kudos to the casting department with their casting of Esme

Kudos to whoever cast this young lady as Esme. Not only is she knocking it out the ballpark, she is about to make me a fan of the character and she is the best young actress on gh. #newstandard!
  • Anna74
    Contract Poster
    • Mar 2014

She’s great, and very pretty, too. This young lady has a bright career ahead of her. I’m starting to like Esme as well.

Comment

• Clementine15
      Scriptwriter
      • May 2015

lt's hard to believe she is the same nasty selfish manipulative mean young woman who first showed up in PC. Great acting!

Comment

• rocktheboat
        Board Regular
        • Jun 2015

Agreed! She is fantastic - she was good as "bad" Esme and is even better as "good" Esme

Comment

• NolaAnn
          NolaAnn commented
          Editing a comment
          Exactly! That's the sign of a very good actor, to be able to make you switch from hating her to actually liking her. She's s keeper!
      • RitaMarshall
        Recurring Poster
        • Feb 2017

Originally posted by Truthwriter View Post
        Kudos to whoever cast this young lady as Esme. Not only is she knocking it out the ballpark, she is about to make me a fan of the character and she is the best young actress on gh. #newstandard!

All the casting credit goes to Mark Teschner. He's been casting the show for the past 33 years.

Comment

• crosbpa
          Board Regular
          • Jun 2007

She was great as the conniving bad girl and now she's totally believable as a good girl whether it be a scam or not.

Comment

• WalnutGirl
            WalnutGirl commented
            Editing a comment
            Remember when Hayden was recovering from being shot in the head, she faked her amnesia. Not sure Esme is faking it, but I wouldn't trust her as far as I could throw her. Even a snake sheds their skin.

However I respect the performer for wishing to obtain an AA. Smart gal to have a back up plan. I read that in SOD.
        • DayRose
          Aspiring soap scribe
          • Oct 2020

Great acting but I don't like the character yet.

Comment

• Bobaloo
            Board Regular
            • Apr 2020

Agreed - AP is just fantastic as Esme!

GH has an especially exceptional young adult cast right now. The actors/actresses that play Esme, Spencer, Joss, Trina, Dex, and Cam have all been absolutely outstanding through the last couple of years with a lot of heavy storylines. I've felt varying things about each of their characters as they made different choices and took actions based on their stories, but I don't think they've ever bored me. They are so impressive!
            Last edited by Bobaloo; February 22, 2023, 04:26 PM.

Comment

• ReginaGlacies
              Board Regular
              • Jul 2011

I can’t believe I’ve gone from completely despising Esme to enjoying the “new” character she’s playing and rooting for her to deal with all this craziness. Total credit to the actress!

Comment

• Divergent
                Day Player
                • Jan 2023

Originally posted by Truthwriter View Post
                i agree she deserves an emmy GH is really lucky to have her

Comment

• regalbeagle
                  Contract Poster
                  • Dec 2018

Avery Pohl's doing a great job in the role. I'm so glad we're getting a chance to see her play something other than an over-the-top villain.

Comment

• GHWATCH
                    Senior Board Member
                    • Sep 2009

I thought I would never like her but I do. Laura was so kind to her. Wonder if Spencer is going to have a change of heart about custody.

Comment

• Divergent
                      Day Player
                      • Jan 2023

Originally posted by GHWATCH View Post
                      I thought I would never like her but I do. Laura was so kind to her. Wonder if Spencer is going to have a change of heart about custody.
                      Spencer is an idiot in fact he and Trina bore me ,he is a vindictive young man and has no business with esmes baby.
                      Hopfully laura can put him in his place

Comment

• NolaAnn
                        NolaAnn commented
                        Editing a comment
                        I agree with you on Spencer and Trina. They bore me too and I have no tolerance for how they treat their parents. Spencer can take his fathers money but then plot to take his baby. And Trina has more love towards Ava then her own mother. I've come to dislike them both.

• Divergent
                        Divergent commented
                        Editing a comment
                        NolaAnn I don't particularly appreciate how Trina treats her mom either. I think early on the show, GH wanted to give Ava a mother/daughter relationship, something she has been missing with kiki , Avery is too young to have meaningful scenes.So they wrote in this connection she had with trina. Trinas mother made mistakes but if only Trina knew all the horrible things Ava had done as well. And if she does know and doesn't care and continues to bash her mom for keeping a secret, then trina needs a reality check.
                    • divamagenta
                      Senior Board Member
                      • Nov 2014

I never thought I'd ever feel sorry for Esme...but today I truly did. Between her believable fear and desperation during childbirth, and her horror over discovering who her parents were, I wanted to hug her. Laura was amazing with her, the warm and caring mother figure Heather could never be. Kudos to the actress.

Comment

• varnish7
                        varnish7 commented
                        Editing a comment
                        I agree about Laura being the mother figure that Heather could never be. The same could be said of Kevin. When Esme and Ryan were in the woods, she was completely terrified of him and refused to accept his help. With Kevin, she was perfectly willing to allow him to do something as intimate as delivering her baby.
                    • emsnana
                      I Let My Evil Twin Post For Me
                      • Dec 2011

I hate bad Esme but I am loving this Esme...she is now my favorite ..I am now hating Spencer and Trina and am wanting them to leave the poor girl alone and never liked Joss and now hate Joss so I don't care what Esme has done to her

Comment

Google Matched Content

Collapse

Bottom of Page

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X