• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • lolabee
    Day Player
    • Jun 2022

How does one get to Spoon Island?

I am often confused by how everyone is able to just drop by Spoon Island. Like how many boats are available considering Ava took one there, Austin, Nicholas, Felicia, the happy family trio, maybe the Hook. Do the boats sit there waiting for the return trip, or would you have to call for one to return to the mainland? For example, is Nicholas's boat just sitting there waiting for his return? Why didn't Laura notice this? Who operates these boats? Do the Cassadines, now Ava, pay for all this transportation? Is there public transportation? Can anyone just go, or do you have to be invited or on a list of approved visitors? Are there security guards, cameras, etc.?

It all seems so impractical.
    Last edited by lolabee; February 18, 2023, 10:13 PM.
  • xoregonian
    Aspiring soap scribe
    • Feb 2014

The legit visitors take the hired launch.

Nefarious characters have their own boats. Ryan said today he had his own small boat.

Comment

• OLTL'69
      OLTL'69 commented
      Editing a comment
      I can believe some would have a boat. But Ryan!? Where has it been kept all these years? Well at least this has been a warm winter so ice isn't a problem
      Last edited by OLTL'69; February 18, 2023, 11:22 AM.
  • Laura Luke
    Board Regular
    • Feb 2019

I don't remember anyone swiming to or from Spoon Island πŸ˜… πŸ€”

Comment

• OLTL'69
      OLTL'69 commented
      Editing a comment
      Well I think some may have swum FROM the island when they fell off a turret etc but ended up elsewhere maybe not a planned trip
  • Remarco
    Board Regular
    • Feb 2015

Why does Spoon Island Mansion have no security and no announcing when visitor is taking the launch? This is the 'suspend real life' that is constant. Is Spoon island entirley private and just Wyndemere? It seems it might as well be a public hotel.

Comment

• heddalee
      Contract Poster
      • Feb 2009

There's a Sifl and Olly skit in which someone asks them how to get to llama school (he's a llama school bus driver). They don't know, so they make up an answer, and then sing it to the driver:

I think you take, uh...Las Palmas
      Take Las Palmas to Colorado
      Take Colorado down to Pico
      And that's how you get to Llama School!

You go to Pico
      You take Pico to Colorado
      Take Colorado to Las Palmas
      And that's how you get to Llama School!
      ​
      That's how I think about Spoon Island. Getting to the island is a Make Your Own Adventure - dream up some scenarios, and then take your pick. I like to think that the island isn't far from the shore. That more or less solves most of the details, and it spurs me to fantasize that I, too, could swim to Spoon Island.

Comment

• Eve S Dropper
        Board Regular
        • Dec 2020

I'm beginning to think that "the launch" is a catapult that literally launches your arse from the dock to the front door of Wyndemere. It is the only explanation for people getting from the dock to the castle in the same amount of time that it takes someone else to go between floors at GH

Comment

• seanny
          seanny commented
          Editing a comment
          Eve S Dropper - You got me ROTFLMAO!

• shoresense
          shoresense commented
          Editing a comment
          Eve S Dropper This had to be the funniest explanation of β€œThe Launch β€œ. I nearly spit out my morning coffee. πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

• shoresense
          shoresense commented
          Editing a comment
          The more I think about the more it makes sense. You never actually see a boat. No one ever refers to it as a boat. We just assumed all along the Launch was a boat that could make it across the Port Charles River ten
          times a day , at all hours of the day and night, at record speed, winter ice be damned. Yes a catapult! Makes so much more sense. Eve S Dropper You are a genius! Lol
          Last edited by shoresense; February 20, 2023, 08:22 AM.
      • Laura Luke
        Board Regular
        • Feb 2019

Honestly every time I go past this post I want to reply Practice 😀 😭 πŸ™„ ( how do you get to Carnegy Hall joke )

Comment

• Soapaholic26
          Senior Board Member
          • Jan 2017

Recently Ava admitted that there was a secret way to get to and from Spoon Island without taking the launch. I think it was back when Curtis and Marshall were trying to track down Oz, they saw him go to Spoon Island but never saw him leave. So they asked Ava if there was any other way and thats when she told then about the secret passage way.

Comment

• PigPen
            Board Regular
            • Sep 2022

Ryan told Ava & Felicia that the boat launch won't hold all 3 of them so one of them would have to stay.

Since when?

And how did Heather, Ryan and Esme arrive there together as well as all the others over the years?

Maybe Jordan and her policemen use police boats to get there but other than them, has every visitor that has ever came to Wyndemere just been no more than two?

Comment

• OLTL'69
              OLTL'69 commented
              Editing a comment
              I didn't hear Ryan say it but I read he said he had a boat? So he mananged to steal a small boat in NY in February? Was he including Heather and Esme as well? I don't get why they went there unless it was just for Ava
          • Phrynie
            Board Regular
            • May 2017

I think some just teleport, depending on how fast they need to get there .πŸ™„

Comment

• OLTL'69
              OLTL'69 commented
              Editing a comment
              teleport apparate there has to be something. BUT when there is a prison transport it is long curvy deserted road with cliffs on the side (a visitor can get there and back in a commercial break)

• Phrynie
              Phrynie commented
              Editing a comment
              Perhaps there's a hi speed mini train that runs underground from Windemere to the docks.
          • mish17
            Day Player
            • Oct 2021

Is Wyndemere the only home on Spoon Island? It seems odd to have a launch service just for one house. Also I Remember one of the characters saying the launch comes every 15 minutes. So I guess it takes 15 min to go back and forth? Are there that many people going back and forth all day? There is a bench where people sit and wait for it. Maybe there is a phone and they call when they are there and the launch is permanently docked at Wyndemere and then goes across to the PC docks to pick up people

Comment

• Lulubee
              Board Regular
              • May 2021

Over the river and through the woods

Comment

• Harley
                Aspiring soap scribe
                • Mar 2007

By boat , I remember years ago , there's a situation on spoon island and Jason took the Quartermain's boat. It was a ridiculous scene but he made it and saved the day πŸ˜† I suppose a helicopter could also land on the island .

Comment

Google Matched Content

Collapse

Bottom of Page

Collapse
                Working...
                X