Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Wow!!! Bravo writers on todays standout episode (Thursday 2/16)'!!!!

Collapse

Ad Below Title

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • lisav
    Board Regular
    • May 2008

Wow!!! Bravo writers on todays standout episode (Thursday 2/16)'!!!!

Give credit where credit is due! We're all mad at the writers for the stupid stories, but today they did awesome!!!

Number 1
    How great that Ryan is standing at the door with both Felicia and Ava together?! How great that we know Austin is on the premises? How great that we still have hope that Nic has escaped and is not dead?

Number 2
    How great that they didn't do the predictable reveal during the wedding ceremony like we all expected? How great that Trina is the confrontor and Jordon not in the middle of it? How great that Portia doesn't even know who the father is so now we get more payoff waiting to find out the truth? How great that they took it private into a room instead of with the usual audience for reveals, and then it was awesome the fathers all confronting Spencer! I loved that!

Number 3
    As stupid as the Heather,Esme, Ryan story is, how great was it that Mac came upon them like that? That was exciting the look on Macs face!!! How great that Esme was truly terrified and we know for sure she has no memory?

Number 4
    And awesome we got right to Maggie Fitzgerald in a tantalizing way, instead of her making that train to London and having those two bumble for another month!!! It was so satisfying she gave up Ryan's name so quickly!

I personally got alot of satisfaction out of today's episode. What fun when stories actually move!!!!!!!
    Last edited by lisav; February 16, 2023, 10:03 PM.
  • dolly4359
    Contract Poster
    • Jan 2010

Originally posted by lisav View Post
    Give credit where credit is due! We're all mad at the writers for the stupid stories, but today they did awesome!!!

Number 1
    How great that Ryan is standing at the door with both Felicia and Ava together?! How great that we know Austin is on the premises? How great that we still have hope that Nic has escaped and is not dead?

Number 2
    How great that they didn't do the predictable reveal during the wedding ceremony like we all expected? How great that Trina is the confrontor and Jordon not in the middle of it? How great that Portia doesn't even know who the father is so now we get more payoff waiting to find out the truth? How great that they took it private into a room instead of with the usual audience for reveals, and then it was awesome the fathers all confronting Spencer! I loved that!

Number 3
    As stupid as the Heather,Esme, Ryan story is, how great was it that Mac came upon them like that? That was exciting the look on Macs face!!! How great that Esme was truly terrified and we know for sure she has no memory?

Number 4
    And awesome we got right to Maggie Fitzgerald in a tantalizing way, instead of her making that train to London and having those two bumble for another month!!! It was so satisfying she gave up Ryan's name so quickly!

I personally got alot of satisfaction out of today's episode. What fun when stories actually move!!!!!!!
    Loved it all, so glad they didn't kill Mac, love Esme's true terror, can't wait to find out how Maggie met the crazy couple. And just how is Ryan going to get Ava to cooperate? He wasn't expecting Felicia and where did he stash Heather, Esme and the car?

Comment

• lisav
      lisav commented
      Editing a comment
      Ohhhh right! Because he had to come over on "the launch"! Hmmmmmm good question!
  • PigPen
    Board Regular
    • Sep 2022

Definitely February sweeps going on.

Comment

• LittlePea
      Board Regular
      • Jul 2016

Well it’s been like we’ve been in hard labor for weeks and the baby finally popped out! But what a beautiful baby! It was the most satisfying episode in a long time, lots of promise for things to come

Comment

• CincyLady
        Aspiring soap scribe
        • Sep 2005

I could never give a "wow" to writers who would concoct such a stupid story with Ryan and Heather. So dumb. These two people apparently run the facility where they are - I assume it's not a prison - more like a health farm where patients can come and go at will. On the other hand it is supposed to be a prison because that's where Esme is. So this is the only way the writers could bring Esme in contact with her biological parents? Just don't bother. Truly FF material.

Comment

• Ribbonette
          Ribbonette commented
          Editing a comment
          I'm not a fan of the Ryan, Heather, Esme story either - especially now that Esme probably will never remember who she was. I hated Heather and Ryan "re-living" their time in the cabin, how they ended up together and acting like they were each other's loves of their lives. And all three of them in the same prison, mingling around each other? Oh puhleez.

• rocktheboat
          rocktheboat commented
          Editing a comment
          I agree, CincyLady-- it's difficult for me to give credit to the writers who dreamed up this lazy, unrealistic story--and so many others that we're being forced to endure. I didn't see anything "great" happening yesterday or any other day this year. The show's writers, and Valentini, need to GO

• lisav
          lisav commented
          Editing a comment
          Hey, well for me it's all "great" in the context of what we're dealing with. Yes all these drawn out and very unbelievable and ridiculous stories. THAT is a total given. ALL THAT SAID AND AGREED TO.... I was so happy for all the movement and little twists yesterday.

I'm a diehard viewer and stick with it no matter how dumb it gets. So with that in mind, already accepting the flaws which also irritate the he** out of me, I am thrilled and excited for a day like yesterday.

I'm going to be watching anyway, no matter what, so I applaud when it's a satisfying turn of events. Would I write these stories differently? YES. But I'm pretty dependent on GH for stress relief and am thankful when it' gains momentum and the story gets fun.
      • Q777S
        Soap Addict
        • Jan 2015

so many greats you have. the stories finally moved along nothing great about that more like about time.

Comment

• lisav
          lisav commented
          Editing a comment
          Yes, it was about time. I couldn't agree more. Probably why I was so overjoyed !!! Lol
      • CincyLady
        Aspiring soap scribe
        • Sep 2005

Originally posted by Q777S View Post
        so many greats you have. the stories finally moved along nothing great about that more like about time.
        I wish they still had the "Like" button - for this. I know they don't have it to encourage posters to write something but I hate to keep repeating other good posts.

Comment

• c83gilles
          Senior Board Member
          • Jan 2008

I appreciate your positivity !! I don’t like anything going on right now though - I think the only good thing is everything is finally moving on - so hopefully we can put these to rest and get some better stories. I’m just waiting (impatiently) to see if my Nik possibly survived, and I guess I’ll go from there.

Comment

• LBD12
            Scriptwriter
            • Jun 2013

It’s been a fantastic February sweeps. Everyone has brought their A game, which is perfect for the anniversary.

Just can we do something about popstar Chase and the forcing of Liz and Finn.

Comment

• Ribbonette
              Contract Poster
              • Sep 2015

I wouldn't go as far as to say "great" but it was good overall; I was entertained. I like that some of the stories are moving along and sooooo glad that the secret is out about Portia and Trina's potential parentage.

Comment

• clamcat
                Executive Poster
                • Sep 2005

It's a mixed bag for me.

The confrontation between Trina and Portia was good soapy drama. The setup could have been better (Trina and Spencer going to Aunt Stella's hotel room during the reception just didn't ring true) but I enjoyed the "Curtis could be your father" reveal scenes.

The rest I am just not feeling. Sam and Dante's trip to England makes no sense. I feel like they turned to page 65 of the sweeps manual to the chapter headed, "Send Cute Couple Out of Town to Find Out the Truth about Something." I'm surprised they didn't have them "on the run" but they just did that last week with Anna and Valentin.

The whole Heather, Ryan, Esme story is not fun preposterous. It's preposterous preposterous as in so lazily done that none of it holds together or holds my interest. Ryan as Esme's father was all the twist that was needed. Layering on Heather detracts because it makes it all a farce. Add on the so-called prison element and it's just unwatchable for me.

And now Ryan will presumably take Felicia and Ava. And poor Mac has been hit over the head for what seems like the 50th time this year. Wow. Felicia is a favorite of mine but this is drek.

Comment

• shoresense
                  Contract Poster
                  • Oct 2011

Things have been going in positive direction on GH since January. February is just as good. The writers have definitely stepped up their game and are given us the payoff we have been waiting for with some unexpected twists along the way. And the actors are giving it their all.

Loved the confrontation with Spencer and the men in Trina’s family. Spencer better treat Trina right in the future or there will be hell to pay.
                  Ryan showing up at Wyndemere with Felicia there was a great. I wasn’t expecting her to go there.
                  To my surprise, I’m actually feeling sorry for Esme. Never thought I would.

Who thinks Esme is gonna go into labor and Austin’s ends up delivering the baby?
                  Who thinks Nic might still be alive ?
                  Who thinks someone else is going to get killed ? Who kills who ?
                  Who thinks Curtis and Portia are not going to make it after the truth comes out?

I agree with you OP This is definitely a “ Wow” week Thank you writers
                  Last edited by shoresense; February 17, 2023, 01:32 PM.

Comment

• Clementine15
                    Clementine15 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    l am pretty sure Esme will pop due to all this stress! lf Austin is there, hope he remembers how to deliver a baby. He couldn't do diddly during the birth at the Q's, had to get Britt there on a motorcycle in the midst of a terrible snow storm. 0 well.
                    l am enjoying all this reveal stuff, stories getting some momentum, etc., even though l feel l should be outraged at the outright stupidity of most of it. lt has been suspenseful and entertaining!
                • 1sbkmcfan
                  Aspiring soap scribe
                  • Aug 2006

Great week. Enjoyed all those featured and the movement of storylines. Most every scene added to the storylines. Not a bunch of repetitions and filler scenes which was great. The characters mingling and interacting at the reception was great. Sometimes when they do gatherings characters do not mingle or even act like they know each other. Enjoyed the England scenes and the juxtaposing with the prison escape.

Comment

• eileenregina
                    Soap Addict
                    • Jun 2011

I truly enjoyed the show today since there was so much movement. For a moment I had a sinking feeling they were killing off Mac which would have been the last straw for me. I never expected Ryan to be at the door. I have to add that Felicia, though not a wedding guest, looked beautiful for her V-day dinner with her hubby. I also noticed that when Sonny remarked about the confrontation between Trina and Portia, Nina right away jumped in and compared it to her situation with Willow being worse, LOL! Of course it is Nina! Everything that happens to you is worse

Comment

• lisav
                      lisav commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Hahahaha I thought the exact same with that line from Nina. CMON writers, CW should have refused to say it. So. Over. The. Top!
                  • lisav
                    Board Regular
                    • May 2008

Clementine, what a great idea that Austin might have to deliver Esmes baby!!! That will be great. And I hope Nic has disappeared!

Finally this madness with Ryan and Heather may come to a close!

Comment

Google Matched Content

Collapse

Bottom of Page

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X