• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • GH Fan 1991
    Senior Board Member
    • Jan 2021

Now that Portia's secret is out Curtis better go off on her

He better treat her even worse than he treated Jordan. An annulment of the marriage as well. If not this just confirms Curtis was full of crap when it came to divorcing Jordan. He was just looking for any excuse to end things with Jordan just so he could be with Portia.
  • Harley
    Aspiring soap scribe
    • Mar 2007

I think Curtis and Taggert both are going to be stunned. It they keep in character Curtis will probably take some time before deciding to annul the marriage or not..

Comment

• Maxum
      Maxum commented
      Editing a comment
      But didn't Jordan ALSO lie about paternity? I still think Jordan is worse because EVERYTIME Curtis asked her a question about anything, she lied. Portia had one lie - and yes, it's a DOOZY - but it's one lie. Jordan lied incessantly about everything, and I just never liked her. Now she blew up Portia's life becuase she wants Curtis, let's be honest about that.

All that being said, Curtis, Trina and Taggert deserved the truth. I just don't like Jordan. She's too hypocritical. Also, does Portia even know the truth? I thought that there is a POSSIBLITY that Curtis is the father.

• eileenregina
      eileenregina commented
      Editing a comment
      Maxum, most of what Jordan did not tell Curtis was none of his business. He is a private eye not a member of the PCPD and was not privvy to a lot of that information.

• Maxum
      Maxum commented
      Editing a comment
      eileen - they were married. Her lies included covering up a crime with Taggert. That certainly impacts Curtis and his life with her. Jordan lied CONSTANTLY with Curtis and/or made him feel like a good chunk of Jordan's life was off limits that had nothing to do with her PCPD responsibilities. As a viewer, I was getting tired of the lies and obfuscation from Jordan.

It bothers me that Jordan is the one OF ALL PEOPLE to be lecturing Portia about lying. Also, Portia doesn't know who the father of Trina is - it could still turn out to be Taggert. However, I won't excuse her for not finding out and letting this possible truth - that Curtis is Trina's father - not be resolved. I just can't watch Jordan with her judgmental expressions at Portia anymore.
  • ReginaGlacies
    Board Regular
    • Jul 2011

Screw Curtis. He is always loyal to everyone EXCEPT his romantic partner and he'll prove it tomorrow, I guarantee it.

I really wish Portia had just told earlier, but I guess we need our drama at the worst possible moment haha...

Comment

• emhersal
      emhersal commented
      Editing a comment
      Yup. Curtis can yell at Portia about her secret but here he is getting in bed with the mob (Ms Wu) potentially putting his family in danger.
  • GH Fan 1991
    Senior Board Member
    • Jan 2021

Originally posted by ReginaGlacies View Post
    Screw Curtis. He is always loyal to everyone EXCEPT his romantic partner and he'll prove it tomorrow, I guarantee it.

I really wish Portia had just told earlier, but I guess we need our drama at the worst possible moment haha...
    Curtis owes no loyalty to a woman lied to him for decades about possibly being a father. He asked her when she reappeared in his life if Trina could be his daughter and she lied to his face.

Comment

• jmpenn90
      Contract Poster
      • Jan 2009

I agree but doesn’t Curtis know when Trina’s birthday is? He should know this is a possibility if he can do basic math.

Comment

• Kristabell
        Kristabell commented
        Editing a comment
        He does and even asked her point blank...but she lied and said no he wasn't!

• emhersal
        emhersal commented
        Editing a comment
        Wasn't Curtis a drug addict when she got pregnant. Totally understandable why Portia wouldn't want to find out if he was the father.
    • ReginaGlacies
      Board Regular
      • Jul 2011

Originally posted by GH Fan 1991 View Post

Curtis owes no loyalty to a woman lied to him for decades about possibly being a father. He asked her when she reappeared in his life if Trina could be his daughter and she lied to his face.
      Maybe so, but my problem with Curtis is that it doesn't matter how long the lie is told or the mitigating circumstances or whatever. He dropped Jordan and he'll drop Portia too. He's so forgiving ...until you get too close. And then you'll be dead to him over peanuts. Portia's lie is very bad, there's no denying it. But I prefer Jordan and Portia over Curtis any day of the week and the last thing I want is for Taggert's daughter to be handed over to Curtis by the writers. Don't worry, I'm sure Curtis will be cold as ice to Portia when he knows what it's about.

Comment

• Maxiegirl
        Aspiring soap scribe
        • Feb 2008

I just hope Trina and Taggart stay close. I love them as father/daughter. I used to love Curtis but he's changed so much, I don't even recognize him.

Comment

• GH Fan 1991
          Senior Board Member
          • Jan 2021

Originally posted by ReginaGlacies View Post

Maybe so, but my problem with Curtis is that it doesn't matter how long the lie is told or the mitigating circumstances or whatever. He dropped Jordan and he'll drop Portia too. He's so forgiving ...until you get too close. And then you'll be dead to him over peanuts. Portia's lie is very bad, there's no denying it. But I prefer Jordan and Portia over Curtis any day of the week and the last thing I want is for Taggert's daughter to be handed over to Curtis by the writers. Don't worry, I'm sure Curtis will be cold as ice to Portia when he knows what it's about.
          And I for one hope he does drop Portia. He claims honesty from his partner is important to him. He told Drew he wouldn't have forgiven Carly if he was Drew. Time for him to practice what he preaches.

Comment

• CeciliaChase
            Board Regular
            • Jul 2021

But if he leaves Portia he may get it into his head to go back to Jordan, and Jordan deserves better. I actually still like Portia. Girl got herself into a crazy situation, handled it badly, and opps. I still love both Portia and Jordan. Curtis I actually still do like, but outside of his romantic relationships, because honestly I feel he's got the jackass factor. But in scenes with anyone else, I still like him.

Comment

• Ginuwine
              Executive Poster
              • Oct 2017

Originally posted by CeciliaChase View Post
              But if he leaves Portia he may get it into his head to go back to Jordan, and Jordan deserves better. I actually still like Portia. Girl got herself into a crazy situation, handled it badly, and opps. I still love both Portia and Jordan. Curtis I actually still do like, but outside of his romantic relationships, because honestly I feel he's got the jackass factor. But in scenes with anyone else, I still like him.
              I like Portia as well. Many characters on the show have done just as bad or worse than Portia and people still like them. I also like Curtis, too. If I stopped liking characters for doing bad things, hypocritical things, or less than honorable things, there would be no characters on the show for me to like or root for.

Comment

• CeciliaChase
                CeciliaChase commented
                Editing a comment
                Exactly! I feel like we all pick and choose whom we let things slide with. I know I do, and I am upfront about it!
            • Karissa
              Scriptwriter
              • Jul 2004

He was so quick to go off on Jordan and tell Drew about Carly. Let’s see how he will handle Portia. The only person he forgives quickly is Nina

Comment

• ReginaGlacies
                Board Regular
                • Jul 2011

Originally posted by Karissa View Post
                He was so quick to go off on Jordan and tell Drew about Carly. Let’s see how he will handle Portia. The only person he forgives quickly is Nina
                It does seem like his forgiveness is Nina's alone or at least not for his wives. That's why I think Portia is toast and there is absolutely no chance he is going to be fine with this. He didn't even want Drew to be friends with Carly! Drew had shut that down before Curtis started talking about how glad he was that Drew wasn't with Carly. He's going to be eating those words bitterly tomorrow.

I still love Portia, and while she was most certainly wrong, I sympathize with her logic. Flat-out lying to Curtis was wrong too. I don't see her getting out of this with her marriage intact.

Comment

Google Matched Content

Collapse

Bottom of Page

Collapse
                Working...
                X