• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • AMichelle
    Board Regular
    • May 2022

I hope Sonny isn’t buying into Nina’s bull

I couldn’t believe what I was hearing; she actually asked Sonny about Diane as if she really cared – Nina is vindictive and Diane made her and Sonny look pretty bad in court. I guess she’s stalking Michael now, since she mentioned where Michael was and excitedly asked Sonny how things went with him and Michael which you can clearly see he didn’t want to discuss Michael with her, so he changed the subject to Sasha and Gladys. I think Sonny is starting to figure Nina out a little because he use to discuss everything with her when she was his clutch and now he’s not doing that.

Nina seems pretty happy since Carly is not around because she thinks she can now win over those who don’t like what she did to Sonny and his family; it seems like it’s working.

I hope something exciting and wonderful regarding business will happen for Carly in Jacksonville when she gets more involved with the graveyard situation and might end up in the newspaper that will get to PC.
  • DVX
    Senior Board Member
    • Aug 2006

Nobody on the entire show is more vindictive than Sonny himself. That is why so many on show and off are scratching their heads about his quick forgive for Nina. Right now though, Nina is just doing what a GF would do.

I'm rolling my eyes at the Carly story. Not because of Carly. I love Carly. But it feels like it's turning into a slightly less boring version of Nixon Falls. As in shut off from PC. It will be ok if it results in her new career somehow and also does not take the better part of a year.

Comment

• Eve S Dropper
      Eve S Dropper commented
      Editing a comment
      I think I just figured out why I don't like the Drew surprising Carly in Florida, then sleeping on the couch in her room story / scenes. It reminds me of a Hallmark movie! I think that is why I can't see any hint of OG Drew in CM. The writing for him has taken the turn where it is just sappy sweet and does not feel like GH. Drew and Carly winning some battle against Souther Drawl Lady in Jacksonville is not riveting drama for me. Although I do like the idea of Carly being honest with herself about her past and how poorly she treated the adoptive mother who really did love her. Examining her motives and her attitudes is a good thing, but I also don't want her turning into Suzie Sunshine, LOL.

• BlindLiberty
      BlindLiberty commented
      Editing a comment
      CashierJudy I wouldn't mind them having little small stories that have a low impact on the characters. For me not everything has to tie together but when that story is told over a period of once every two months we see one character and that plotline - not only have I forgotten what it was about I don't give a damn about it either.

• BlindLiberty
      BlindLiberty commented
      Editing a comment
      Eve S Dropper I can understand the Hallmark movie thing - at this point CM has been at least in a hundred of those movies basically playing himself. So I get it - it's hard to see him outside of that. Plus the poor man is so tall he has to scrunch down to be in camera with his cast mates. It reminds of Jax (IR) literally hunched over in scenes with MB. ? So CM does look awkward with a lot of people with the exception of Carly and Jordan he can't look a woman in the eyes. lol

I'm with you on the Carly story. I don't want her becoming June Cleaver. Some of Carly's best traits are that she's not the conventional woman. She can be loud or vengeful, she will absolutely not let things drop and can on occasion make absolute spectacle of herself and everyone else to get what she wants. But very rarely do we have women written or allowed to be imperfect. She has some wonderful traits - she also has some bad ones. That's called having dimensions and personality! On this show where they rarely have character growth or let characters just be messy without making them psychotic or one-note angels, we should be happy the show let's them have more than one layer!

Why on a soap does anyone need their favorite to be "right" or "in the right". Or make good decisions! For heaven's sake it's entertainment If they were functional characters it wouldn't be half as fun to watch.
      Last edited by BlindLiberty; October 1, 2022, 01:12 PM.
  • Ribbonette
    Contract Poster
    • Sep 2015

Nah, I don't see anything wrong with it. Just because you don't like someone doesn't mean that you want them to be physically hurt or killed. As for Michael, she loves Sonny so regardless of how she feels about Michael, she wants them to be okay together. I draw from my own experience when one of my stepkids treated me horribly but I still rooted for my husband to have a good relationship with them. It's complicated but it happens.

I don't see Nina as evil - just selfish (like Sonny, like Carly) but not any better or worse than either of them.

Comment

• parker joe
      I Let My Evil Twin Post For Me
      • Feb 2005

So, Sonny can "express concern" about Ava and her being in a "toxic" marriage to Nik....but Nina can't care if Diane lives or dies without it being "bull"? Uhm...okay.

Comment

• Manninglover87
        Manninglover87 commented
        Editing a comment
        There is a major difference. Sonny has a child with Ava, who is directly impacted by who Ava chooses to be with. That’s why he cares. If Avery didn’t exist, he wouldn’t give a crap about Ava being treated badly, nor would he pretend to.
    • Emerald Greens
      Aspiring soap scribe
      • Feb 2006

Originally posted by Ribbonette View Post
      Nah, I don't see anything wrong with it. Just because you don't like someone doesn't mean that you want them to be physically hurt or killed. As for Michael, she loves Sonny so regardless of how she feels about Michael, she wants them to be okay together. I draw from my own experience when one of my stepkids treated me horribly but I still rooted for my husband to have a good relationship with them. It's complicated but it happens.

I don't see Nina as evil - just selfish (like Sonny, like Carly) but not any better or worse than either of them.
      Exactly ! It’s not like Sonny is some kind of paragon of virtue. If anyone still thinks that they must of missed this week and Carly isn’t one either.
      I doubt Nina wishes and ill will towards Dianne. I was so relieved when Ava went home with Nina instead of Nik. I also enjoyed Nina’s scene with Valentin and Anna.
      I never really cared about Sonny being away in Nixon Falls it never bothered me and after what happened this week it am fine with it.

Comment

• Emerald Greens
        Aspiring soap scribe
        • Feb 2006

Originally posted by parker joe View Post
        So, Sonny can "express concern" about Ava and her being in a "toxic" marriage to Nik....but Nina can't care if Diane lives or dies without it being "bull"? Uhm...okay.
        Good point! Yes I didn’t see anything wrong with Nina having concern .

Comment

• parker joe
          parker joe commented
          Editing a comment
          Neither did I. And considering the general lack of "loved ones" to show Diane any concern, (I mean, even Ava had a waiting room of people and Joss of all people), I thought it was nice of Nina, considering their history.

• AMichelle
          AMichelle commented
          Editing a comment
          Ava is the mother of one of Sonny's kids so, of course, he will be concerned about her. At one time, I couldn't believe Sonny would be concern about Ava after what she did to Morgan and Connie, but now I believe it's about Avery. Nina, on the other hand, is a very vindictive person and Diane made both Nina and Sonny look so bad in court that Nina ended up losing visitation rights for her grandson, Wiley. There's no way I will ever believe that Nina is genuinely concerned about Diane. Next, she asked about Michael, who doesn't want her around Wiley, Sorry, but she is just trying to please Sonny because she's noticing some changes in him, like how he doesn't feel comfortable talking to her anymore about everything like he once did; when she mentioned Michael's whereabouts and then ask about him, you can clearly see he didn't like it and changed the subject to Sasha and Gladys. Things are slowly changing between them and Nina is afraid of that and this is why she is faking her concerns about those she truly has no reasons to even like.
      • CarnyQueen
        I Let My Evil Twin Post For Me
        • Mar 2006

I don't think Nina personally cares about Diane, but she might feel concern as any person would for someone they sort-of know being the victim of a horrific attack. Plus, it's not unreasonable for someone to inquire after a person their significant other cares about -- even if that someone doesn't like the person herself.

I did think Nina was trying to get info on Michael's visit. It's noteworthy that she got the info from Frank that Michael had been to the restaurant. I think the last thing Nina wants is for Sonny and Michael to reconcile, but of course she won't say that to Sonny.

On the other hand, Sonny doesn't want to talk about the visit because he doesn't want to be truthful and say, "No, Nina, Michael wasn't making a move toward a reconciliation, he was there because he correctly suspected I would harm one of my minions and the visit was inconvenient because I was actually torturing the minion in the walk-in fridge."

Comment

• Shellyinphx
          Look! Up in the sky! It's a Super Moderator!
          • Mar 2004

The problem for me is it doesn't come off as believable. I've never been shown Nina truly caring about someone else when it doesn't benefit her on some way. I don't think she cares about Diane, she certainly doesn't care about Michael in any way unless she can use it against him. She's not evil but she's never been even remotely a good person. But neither is Sonny, the deserve each other
          Shelly, Moderator
          soapcentral.com

Email Me

How sad it is that we give up on people who are just like us.- Mr. Rogers.

Comment

• AMichelle
            AMichelle commented
            Editing a comment
            I totally agree. I know that Sonny is no angel, but he was Nina's victim. Nina was willing to get Peter Killed for knowing the truth about Sonny so in comparison to Diane, Nina lost visitation rights to her own grandson because Diane made her look real bad in court and that is worse than Peter knowing about Sonny. I just don't believe Nina is genuine about being concerned about Diane and Michael.

• Shellyinphx
            Shellyinphx commented
            Editing a comment
            She was also willing to let Peter go after her nephew so that she could keep her secret, married boyfriend
        • BlindLiberty
          Day Player
          • Feb 2022

What has me scratching my head is how both Sonny and Nina have this pity party over the status of their relationship. What I mean by that is - Nina said "our cheering section is small" and they have "little support". Sonny keeps saying "it doesn't bother me!"

Yet it obviously does or the night that Diane was attacked Sonny wouldn't have gotten in her face about what happened on the witness stand at Wiley's Petition Hearing. A situation of his own making. Sonny wouldn't be screaming in Michael's face about loyalty and honor and demanding Michael love him with unwavering obedience. He wouldn't be screaming at Carly that she's forcing or twisting Michael and Joss to hate Sonny.

Nina rewriting that they as a couple are some kind of pariah in town is absurd. Besides Michael, Carly and Joss who has said one thing against them as a couple? Who hasn't supported them or said it wasn't their business? Even Olivia or Sam have kept out of it. Olivia's remarks to Nina were about the Metro Court not Carly.

I feel gaslighted by the writers because what I have seen on screen and what Nina and Sonny keep saying what has happened on screen are two different things. Sonny and Nina need to be seen as heroes in *everyone's* story not just their own. It's bizarre and feels so out of place.
          Last edited by BlindLiberty; October 1, 2022, 12:36 PM.

Comment

• BlindLiberty
            BlindLiberty commented
            Editing a comment
            AMichelle I don't know about rebound. Carly and Bobbie discussed that and neither one felt that she was on the rebound. I'm hoping that Drew will get the same treatment as Sonny (being a leading man) and get a story where he comes into his own being more - IDK not aggressive but assertive with Sonny, Victor and others.

I do think Carly is lonely but she wanted to stay away from Drew until she figured all this out. I think she's frightened of being in a relationship again - giving all yhat power to another person...it's big for her. I've read a lot of romance novels so I think I know where they are generally going with this story. Just keep in mind that Sonny and Nina must always win...it's like a writers rule now.

• AMichelle
            AMichelle commented
            Editing a comment
            BlindLiberty I agree about Drew; he needs to be more than just a nice guy because Carly is head strong and tough and he will need to be close to her level. At first, I didn’t like how Drew just showed up at her hotel room, but since he’s able to help her with the cemetery thing, then I’m ok with it now.

If Sonny and Nina keeps winning, this show will never be as good as it use to be and possibly more viewers will stop watching. I don’t know if this is true, but someone told me that it doesn’t matter if the ratings drop because most shows don’t rely on it to make money; there’s commercials and other things connected to the channel or show that brings in the money. If this is true, then I understand why the writers don’t care about what they write and how the viewers feel about it either, so we can take it or leave it.

• BlindLiberty
            BlindLiberty commented
            Editing a comment
            AMichelle yeah if this were real life I would tell Carly to run but all romantic leads do crazy stuff like show up uninvited etc. It's crazy but a trope of the genre. ?‍♀️

IDK how these shows measure success or ratings anymore. Since Disney bought ABC I'm not exactly sure what their criteria are for deciding on how big the budget should be for GH. I never thought the writers paid much attention to the fans anyway. Esp. Not now since Disney bought them.
        • 1sbkmcfan
          Aspiring soap scribe
          • Aug 2006

I didn't find Nina asking about Diane to be out of order for anyone inquiring about a loved ones friend. However, it will take a long time, if ever, before anything Nina says or does will not be looked upon as an ulterior motive. Right now, from where I sit, Nina did seem genuine in asking Sonny how his friend is just like she seems genuine in her concern for Ava, and also Sasha as she has been even after what Sasha and Valentine did. What I have not seen for months is Nina obsessing over Wiley, thank goodness. She seems to have accepted the fact that she has been cut out of his life. Hopefully that subject will not be brought up again and for goodness sake, let her never find out Willow is her daughter. I have not found one post anywhere that wishes for them to have a mother/daughter relationship and I hope it will be one of those storylines that gets dropped like so many others seem to have gotten dropped.

Comment

• AMichelle
            AMichelle commented
            Editing a comment
            It's true that it will take a long time before anything Nina says or does will not be looked upon as an ulterior motive, but that will depend on Nina changing for the better which I doubt is happening now or will happen soon. Nina was just trying to please Sonny by asking about Diane, who is not Sasha or Ava or even Valentin which are Nina's friends. I believe the only relationship between Nina and Diane is one of great dislike and with good reasons too, on both sides.

There are many post outside of this one that wishes for Nina and Willow to have a mother/daughter relationship, just like you, I hope this topic drops.

• c83gilles
            c83gilles commented
            Editing a comment
            I want Nina to have a relationship with Willow. ??‍♀️

• DayRose
            DayRose commented
            Editing a comment
            I don't want Nina to have a relationship with Willow.
        • kat401
          Contract Poster
          • Aug 2005

Of course Sonny buys Nina's bull. Sonny is blind to Nina's shortcomings and he's already betrayed his friends and family to support her, why would he see now what's been clear to the audience for ages?

Comment

• JJ1
            Soap Addict
            • Mar 2009

Originally posted by AMichelle View Post
            I couldn’t believe what I was hearing; she actually asked Sonny about Diane as if she really cared – Nina is vindictive and Diane made her and Sonny look pretty bad in court. I guess she’s stalking Michael now, since she mentioned where Michael was and excitedly asked Sonny how things went with him and Michael which you can clearly see he didn’t want to discuss Michael with her, so he changed the subject to Sasha and Gladys. I think Sonny is starting to figure Nina out a little because he use to discuss everything with her when she was his clutch and now he’s not doing that.

Nina seems pretty happy since Carly is not around because she thinks she can now win over those who don’t like what she did to Sonny and his family; it seems like it’s working.

I hope something exciting and wonderful regarding business will happen for Carly in Jacksonville when she gets more involved with the graveyard situation and might end up in the newspaper that will get to PC.
            Just why exactly can't Nina care about people? She loves Charlotte, Sasha even after she hurt her, Maxie, Britt, her Aunt for starters. She's helping Ava, Sasha, and Gladys. Nina was robbed of her babies by a cruel mother. She slept with Sonny and didn't tell his family he was alive....not a criminal offense, I guess, .... she isn't in jail. She just wants to see her grandchild...she deserves supervised visits. Carly could have had her mobster back, she moved on.

Comment

• ScrubsFan#1
              ScrubsFan#1 commented
              Editing a comment
              And I will add that Nina lost visitation with Wiley due to her OWN ignorance and stupidity - by undermining Willow and Michael as Wiley's parents - and not having any respect at all for the decisions that they made.

• AMichelle
              AMichelle commented
              Editing a comment
              ScrubsFan#1 That is correct. Nina lost visitation rights because of herself and no one else. Carly is not Wiley's mother and didn't make any decision to keep Nina away from Wiley, Michael and Willow did that. All the time Nina argued with Carly about Wiley was just a waste because she should had been talking to Wiley's parents about Wiley instead.

• Shellyinphx
              Shellyinphx commented
              Editing a comment
              Nina turned it into a war, yes carly made stupid choices but unlike nina every single thing she did wasn't designed to hurt Carly and her children
          • daisyrey
            Recurring Poster
            • Apr 2005

I cant stand the way Nina has actually been written into carlys life. Its like the writers scratched carlys name out and penciled over it ninas name. The only thing carly has now is the house and her kids. Mostly any character interaction carly use to have is now ninas. Watch when they're on nina is in a bright colored dress vibrant carly in a flowy drab colored attire. Ava and carly had formed a better relationship. Now shes besties with her daughters kidnapper but sonny doesnt care about that either. She has the metro court etc. Its terrible how lw has been replaced shes in maybe every 8 to 10 episodes. Nina at least 2x a week.

Comment

• AMichelle
              AMichelle commented
              Editing a comment
              I totally agree. I like how you put it, "Its like the writers scratched carlys name out and penciled over it ninas name." It seems like Nina is stepping into Carly's life and worming her way around the community while Carly's away; like someone else said here, that's weird and pretty creepy.
          • Adriane
            Aspiring soap scribe
            • Feb 2011

Originally posted by Ribbonette View Post

I agree. Nina is no better or worse than most people in town. I think Carly is going to learn from her visit to Florida that she is far from perfect and really has no right to judge other people so harshly.

Comment

• Shellyinphx
              Shellyinphx commented
              Editing a comment
              Carly has never believed she was perfect

• AMichelle
              AMichelle commented
              Editing a comment
              Nina is definitely worse than many people in town. The list of names of those she hurt is very long, starting with what she did to Ava, then more recently, what she did to Sonny, Carly, Michael, Willow, Willey, Avery, Donna, Kristina, Dante, Diane, Jax, Jason, and others who had to deal with Cyrus and anyone who wanted to take over Sonny's territory because they all thought he was dead. After Jax told Nina about this, she still didn't want anyone to know Sonny was alive; she just didn't care as long as she got what she wanted to keep. I believe she's not finished with Carly yet because she's too obsessed with Carly's life and doubts Sonny's feelings for Carly.

Google Matched Content

Collapse

Bottom of Page

Collapse
          Working...
          X