This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SPOILER! Things take a big turn

She's baaackkk!! Esme makes her return next week. Or "bobbing to the surface" as the site I saw put it. I haven't seen this posted in other threads, so I figured I would share. During today's episode I was wondering when she would return, since the actress signed a multi-year contract. The wording also makes it pretty clear in my opinion that Esme is very much alive.

Source: Soaps She Knows
    Last edited by Lizincinti; October 2, 2022, 10:52 AM. Reason: Link not permitted/clarified subject line

Ugh.....

I just hope she is the hooker so hopefully she will be gone once the story line ends.

Comment

• Ribbonette
      Ribbonette commented
      Editing a comment
      The guy that played Shiloh did that too and they cut his contract short.

• Forgiveness_Man
      Forgiveness_Man commented
      Editing a comment
      Signing a contract just means the actor can't just up and quit/leave whenever they want. They can be let go for storyline reasons. (I think it's every 13 weeks? Or at least that's how it used to be.)

• believeinme246
      believeinme246 commented
      Editing a comment
      Both Shiloh and Harmony were put onto contract before they were killed off. I suppose the writers didn't want another case where Anna's former partner and current romance was recast, but recast back the day he was killed off. I really liked both actors with her.

My problem with that is, they have painted her into such a corner, as they tend to do with all the new characters, and even if she might be pregnant with a cassadine spawn, and I’m not sure how far that will get her, especiallyif she’s the hook killer.

Comment

• tabbycat46
      tabbycat46 commented
      Editing a comment
      cali815. are you referring to RC and if so, I agree with you. As for Esme, being worse than Ben, I was referring to her background. If Esme turns out to Hook, then I want her and daddy gone, but I'm just concerned that she won't be. I really had mixed emotions about Ben's redemption, while I applauded his trying to turn his life around, I still resented it.
      Last edited by tabbycat46; October 3, 2022, 11:07 AM.

• Shellyinphx
      Shellyinphx commented
      Editing a comment
      Unless she actually is the hook killer she's not irredeemable just yet. It'll be hard but the actress is good enough to make me want to see more

• BettieCat
      BettieCat commented
      Editing a comment
      "Redemption" on a show where the morality is defined by a mobster and his moll...well, doesn't seem like it should take much.

What stuns me is that Soap Central spoilers didn't mention one thing about it when it's splattered all over the cover of soap mags. One SC spoiler said something about Ryan being shocked at something tending me to think he's the one Esme reveals herself to in secrecy.

Comment

• MimiDora
      MimiDora commented
      Editing a comment
      If Ryan is "shocked at something," it could also be that he somehow sees Nik's videotaped confession.

Unless the actress is leaving Esme is not the killer.

Comment

I don't think Esme will be the hook killer but she may be connected to it. I think that if it isn't Ryan, then maybe the nanny that raised her is behind it. Or her real mother that Ryan won't tell her about. I see Esme as a long term villain that will stick around and cause trouble for people for a while.

Comment

Esme isn't the killer because she's gonna turn out to be Felicia's daughter.

Comment

• OLTLfan4lyfe
          OLTLfan4lyfe commented
          Editing a comment
          Oh dear god no!

• dancingqueen12
          dancingqueen12 commented
          Editing a comment
          Are they still planning that 🙄. I haven't been able to watch since mid-August and I had hoped that ugly rumor would not pan out.

Originally posted by KristaZ View Post
        Ugh.....

I just hope she is the hooker so hopefully she will be gone once the story line ends.
        If she’s not the Hooker maybe she’ll be one of his victims…..too much to hope for I think though.

Comment

• lovejomar
          lovejomar commented
          Editing a comment
          I wish she would either be the the hook killer or a victim. Can’t stand the character.

Originally posted by AnnB627 View Post
        I hope you’re wrong!!!! That would be the worst thing ever and it would be a slap in the face to everyone who is familiar with the Felicia/Ryan story from over 30 years ago.

Comment

• cali815
          cali815 commented
          Editing a comment
          How would it be a slap in the face to the viewers familiar with the story? I am genuinely curious as I was only sporadically watching GH back then and don't remember much of that story.

• Soaper15
          Soaper15 commented
          Editing a comment
          Ryan was OBSESSED with Felicia back then and terrorized her. I don’t remember details (I’m sure the full story is online somewhere) but I remember how scary Ryan was and there is NO WAY Felicia would have had a baby with Ryan. There is no way Felicia would not have known she was pregnant. There would have to be a major rewriting of history if they made Felicia Esme’s mother.

• cali815
          cali815 commented
          Editing a comment
          OK. It's almost like making Anna Peter's mother. Rewriting the story where Anna actually had sex with Cesar and had a child and gave up the child. I wasn't very happy with that storyline and hated the idea that Anna had any kind of sexual history with Cesar -- a man who had tormented her for so many years. It sounds like Felicia having a child with Ryan -- under any circumstances -- would be just as distasteful for the people who watched Ryan's treatment of her in the past.

I highly doubt that since they are going to make Mac find out that he has a long son (Cody)... that they will also have Esme turn out to be Felicia's daughter...that's too big of a stretch even for a Soap...are we supposed to believe that Felicia just forgot she gave birth

Comment

Welp, her three year contract started in the summer of 2021 (actress confirmed it in a podcast), so at least it’s basically halfway through!

Comment

• CashierJudy
            CashierJudy commented
            Editing a comment
            And other posters here have said there are "out clauses" in GH contracts along certain points. So if you sign a three year contract, you might be cut sooner.

• Emerald Greens
            Emerald Greens commented
            Editing a comment
            Yes it happens all the time . Contracts aren’t a guarantee with out clauses.

I know I heard. YAY!!!!!! So happy she is back! Bobbing to the surface.

Comment

Well, we knew that Ryan had to resurface before Halloween, and what better way to do it. I hope that her return wraps up this serial killer storyline.

Comment

Originally posted by KristaZ View Post
              Ugh.....

Yes hopefully she is the hooker and will get killed in front of all of PC with the hook so that she'll never come back from the dead again

Comment

That would be 1000x better than her being crazy Nina's 🤪

Comment

Google Matched Content

Collapse

Bottom of Page

Collapse
                Working...
                X