Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Michael, Michael Micheal this is why you would never make a good mob boss

you don;t think Sonny will find it strange your concern for Dex

Please Please Please let this be the end of this storyline and let Michael have some comeuppance!!!!

Comment

• AMichelle
      AMichelle commented
      Editing a comment
      Rogue I agree 100%. Sonny is responsible for hurting Michael and the rest of his family. Sonny raised Michael to believe in and live by a code of family moral principles which lead Michael to looked up to Sonny all his life. Sonny not only lied and betrayed his family's trust, he continued this behavior by further interfering with Michael's family and defending the person who hurt them all. This is so wrong on so many levels that it's heartbreaking. Just imagine that someone who love and raised you with strong family values turns against you for a person who deliberately hurt you and your family - this would tear me up and I would want that person to hurt as badly as they hurt me. I'm with Michael on this because Sonny has no remorse or regrets about allowing Nina to get away with what she did to him and his family and now that he's with her, it's like an open door for her to continue to hurt them because he's there to protect her no matter what and she knows it.

• Shellyinphx
      Shellyinphx commented
      Editing a comment
      Michael is treating Sonny the way he was trained to treat people who betray them and Sonny siding with nina in the custody of Wiley was betrayal according to everything Sonny has taught Michael

• Maxum
      Maxum commented
      Editing a comment
      How is Sonny so devoid of self-awareness. Seriously. Sonny had a meltdown over how Diane cross-examined him on the stand and bringing up his past history. HELLO???!! Yet how he treated his own son: testifying against him, encouraging Nina to go for the jugular and then dismissing how Scott lied about Michael on the stand (against abusing women, no less!), that is no big deal for Sonny. He can't understand why Michael is upset with him. Oh.My.God.

I have watched yet not sure I want to but this is actually making Michael’s case for him and bringing Sonny down.
    Did Michael get Dex out of Sonny’s clutches?

It may make it easier for Dex to choose Michael over Sonny.

Comment

I wish Michael had just called Dante and had Sonny caught beating and preparing to carve up Dex.
      Time for Sonny to get caught with his pants down..
      The feud between Michael and Sonny is of no interest to me.
      But i'd love to see Sonny caught committing criminal activity. It's time for Sonny to go.

Comment

• DayRose
        DayRose commented
        Editing a comment
        I couldn't agree more!

• sesca
        sesca commented
        Editing a comment
        Dante would just tell him to stop and let Dex go and that would be the end. Crooked Danted has covered up Sonny's crimes multiple times.

• CarnyQueen
        CarnyQueen commented
        Editing a comment
        I would love to Sonny shipped off to Pentonville, But I don't think Dante, even if he caught Sonny in the act, would arrest Sonny. I think Sesca's right. Also, Dante as a cop couldn't just go storming in the walk-in freezer/backroom unless there were exigent circumstances. There would be no grounds for a search warrant. Michael is the only one who can save Dex. Of all Sonny's kids, he is the one who best understands how Sonny's mind works.

Originally posted by Emerald Greens View Post
      Sonny
      Did Michael get Dex out of Sonny’s clutches?
      No he did not but he did peak Sonny interest as to why Michael is so concerned for Dex welfare.
      Sonny said as much...

Comment

Seems like it shows that Michael actually is a decent human who doesn't want Dex beaten....and Sonny could care less. In fact he was enjoying the torture.
        I couldn't stand Michael.....until today.

Comment

• channyfan
          channyfan commented
          Editing a comment
          yanksip he probably doesnt want his scheam to go bust but whats the worst that could happen if it did? I see no one beside maybe Dante and Krissy getting slightly pissed that Nichael would try to take Sonny down but really no one would care that much or l'ash out ar Mickey for doing it.

Sonny will be mad, big whoopsy. I definitely think Michael's concern is Dex's safety for basic decency. He might be hired help but Michael wouldnt wish death on someone working for him. Unlike Sonny, obviously

• Shellyinphx
          Shellyinphx commented
          Editing a comment
          Yes he hired Dex to do something incredibly dangerous. But he didn't threaten him to do it, Dex infiltrated a mob because the price was right. Michael didn't force that

• Francophile
          Francophile commented
          Editing a comment
          Weighing in on the Sonny vs. Michael debate…Sonny is written as a more interesting and layered soap character, but, of course, he is a ruthless mobster. Michael can be good and he can be bad, but mostly he is petulant, dull and judgmental. JMHO.

Actually, MIchael is making a valid point - Sonny taking care of business without doing his due diliginece.

Sonny has made mistakes that he ordinarily would not make since his return from NF:
        ~ Sonny believed Esme regarding Nik leaving with Avery. He has never shown that Esme played him.
        ~ Sonny tried and failed to strong arm Emse regarding the video - while he was on target, his methods were a failure and played into Emse's victimhood.
        ~ Sonny thinks everything is about him, and that he is the target.
        ~ Sonny is not seeing people for who they are and have been (ahem, NIna, Mrs. Wu).
        ~ Sonny has a savior complex lately - trying to save Carly from herself, Nina - constactly stepping in to speak to the MC employees.
        ~ Sonny is scared - he is afraid, and so he is lashing out at the easiest target - Dex.

I am hopeful that MIchael will be able to reach that side of Sonny that thinks and reasons without blowing Dex's cover. Of course, Dex should leave Sonny's employ after this type of treament, and Michael could be within reason to hire Dex as a guard for himself and his family, or Joss.
        Sonny will become even more insufferable if he learns that Dex is a plant by MIchael.

Comment

• lala214
          lala214 commented
          Editing a comment
          Why? Why do you want this plot to continue?

I'm sincerely asking. I guess you enjoy it. It's boring to me. And what's the end goal - so Michael ruins Sonny and then what? I don't know. This plot just doesn't offer anything for me.

• OLTLBoomer
          OLTLBoomer commented
          Editing a comment
          Yes - I am enjoying this storyline. I realize from your posts that you do not. To each their own.
          Michael knew what he was asking of Dex was dangerous - MIchael knows who his father is.

I have no idea of the end of this. All I know is that Sonny post NF is insufferable, just the way he was 30 years ago. Sonny is now making poor decisions. Sonny thinks that he is large and in charge and Selina Wu is creeping in. Perhaps there is more to this story and I want to see it play out.

• lala214
          lala214 commented
          Editing a comment
          Well, I'm glad you enjoy it

It's nice to enjoy something on this show! LOL!

Right?!?! Michael is an idiot. He's an idiot for not considering that what he hired Dex to do was dangerous. Forget Sonny - Dex could be shot and killed by one of Sonny's enemies. And if Sonny ever suspected Dex was lying to him or tricking him, Sonny would have him murdered. Michael should know this. None of this should be a surprise. If he was afraid of Dex being hurt or seriously injured, he never shoudl have hired him for his stupid revenge.

I sincerely hope the truth comes out b/c I'm more than over this revenge plot. It's lame and needs to be done.

Comment

• lala214
          lala214 commented
          Editing a comment
          Maxum - I really do not like Michael. LOL! I'm sure that is obvious but I have no desire to see him take Sonny down a few pegs when I think he needs to be brought down several himself. Haha!

For me, these "Michael hates Sonny" plots just never work. I'm not quite sure why. A large reason could be b/c the writers never let Michael move past his anger w/Sonny. He tends to become obsesed w/taking Sonny down, and it just comes off more bratty than anything else. It also doesn't help that this is a repeat story w/much weaker reasons for the anger. I'm sorry but killing bio dad against my wishes and falling in love while having amnesia are just so far apart. It's hard to understand why Michael cares so much. His mom doesn't even care anymore! They need to write better plots for Michael in general.

When it comes to this particular plot - I just Michael incredibly naive. He asked Dex to infiltrate the mob and to get close to Sonny. Did he not think that might involve Dex killing/seriously injuring someone and getting arrested or Dex, himself, being seriously injured/killed?! Why wouldn't it? That's my issue w/Michael. It just seems silly to have him running all around trying to save Dex (and blow his cover) when he should have anticipated something like this occurring. If he doesn't want to get Dex hurt or have Dex hurt anyone else, then he shouldn't have even started this plan - whatever it is.

• Maxum
          Maxum commented
          Editing a comment
          Truthfully, Michael NEVER is allowed to get mad at Sonny by the writers. If you look at EVERYTHING that has happened to Michael at Sonny's hands or because of Sonny, Michael should be in 24/7 therapy. Instead, the writers write him as a very forgiving, sweet guy who loves his dad and everything is okay. So when you say the writers never let Michael move past his anger for Sonny, that's really not true. The opposite is true. It is VERY rare for Michael to get angry with Sonny. It has only ever happened twice, and the first time was over killing AJ, and Michael did eventually (as always) forgive Sonny. I think this time is different because this time Sonny targeted Michael's child. I think Michael could sort of forgive Sonny if it was just about something done to him, but this is something that was done to his mother, his sisters, and him - and THEN Nina came after Michael's son, and Sonny took Nina's side. Sorry, I'm completely on Michael's side here although I have zero doubt that Sonny will come out on top as he always does with no repercussions.

Regarding Dex, there is no way Michael could have foreseen a serial killer out there, but I get your greater point. I think it actually puts Michael in a better light that he wants to protect Dex, his employee, where Sonny is fine with killing him.

We're going to have to agree to disagree on this one. Lol.

• lala214
          lala214 commented
          Editing a comment
          Maxum - Haha! Yes, we can definitely agree to disagree

Michael should have more anger at his mother for allowing Sonny in their lives, but they rarely let him go off on her the way they do w/Sonny. Carly is trash, and Michael should call her out on it too.

Why would Michael ever want to be a mob boss? He doesn’t. YES Sonny IS the criminal and he’s in the act of a crime right now. No he’s not physically doing the dirty deed that’s far beneath him but he ordered it and he’s observing it. Michael isn’t Sonny and doesn’t want to be Sonny. He’s a mini thug!

Comment

I don't think we have had any indication that Michael wants to be a mob boss now, only that he wants to ruin Sonny. Michael did want to be a mob boss when he was a kid, but that was years ago.

However, we know that Michael could be an effective mob boss because we saw him step up when Sonny was shot. Morgan was flailing around, trying to issue orders to Sonny's men, and they weren't listening to him. Michael came in and they immediately looked to him for leadership. Michael attended the meeting of the five families and ensured they wouldn't attack while Sonny was incapacitated.

Before that, Michael beat Sonny at his own game. He used Sonny's own playbook to take get custody of Avery. Sonny admitted at the time that he didn't see Michael coming, and Michael outsmarted and outmaneuvered him.

Even now, Michael knows how Sonny works and instantly figured out that Sonny was holding and torturing Dex. I don't have a crystal ball, but I'm betting that on Monday Michael ends up saving Dex.

Comment

• Maxum
            Maxum commented
            Editing a comment
            Michael would also be better, imo, because he's not as emotional as Sonny. Sonny is all emotion and ego, and as a result, easy to manipulate - as Michael is proving.

To be honest, I HATE seeing this side of Michael.

Comment

• Maxum
            Maxum commented
            Editing a comment
            I actually like it - not necessarily the feuding with his father, but I am SO happy to see Michael not making excuses or being the dutiful son. I always hated how easy he could forgive no matter what, that's not normal. I like seeing this darker side, and frankly, with his upbringing, it makes more sense to me than him being this nice, sweet, forgiving, nothing-ever-gets-to-him character. Chad must be thrilled.

• AMHardulak
            AMHardulak commented
            Editing a comment
            ^^I get what you are saying, Maxum. It's just that I would think there is something in between Michael's former love and respect for his father and his present compulsion to completely ruin him. If I were Willow, I would take Wiley and run for the hills

Ultimately I hope that Dex is undercover and turns them both in, Sonny for what he does, and Michael for having hidden that knowledge all those years, and helping out at times too.

The story that I really want to see is Sonny doing to Michael what he did to his father and the light going on in Michael's eyes before he's shot with his hands up pleading for his life, and then the hook getting Sonny. But that's too much to hope for.

Comment

• CarnyQueen
            CarnyQueen commented
            Editing a comment
            Michael can't be prosecuted for knowing that Sonny is a criminal, which is something the entire town knows. Michael hasn't been aiding Sonny in his crimes.

• Shellyinphx
            Shellyinphx commented
            Editing a comment
            I don't think Michael should be executed and having your hands up and still being shot is being executed for doing what every single person in town has done for 30 years and that includes every single police officer and the mayor herself

• Francophile
            Francophile commented
            Editing a comment
            I nominate you for Head Writer. How I would love that story!!

...and that's a good thing. No one's goal in life should be to become a competent leader of a crime syndicate.

EOT

Comment

Originally posted by Jackaled View Post
            you don;t think Sonny will find it strange your concern for Dex
            Eh - Michael got someone inside Sonny's organization as a witness to numerous crimes. I say that's not bad for a corporate guy. Sonny never figured out the link between Dex and Michael? That's sad on Sonny's part, not Michael's.

Comment

I don't fget why sonny thinks dex is the hooker, I get all 3 victims connected to sonny...but the attack on diane, it means he would be disguised,, hooked diane then stashed the hook and clothes ON THE PREMISES, called 911 starts to save Diane, he had no way of knowing anyone else would show up....it was a very tight time window,,,,,,the hook should be on the premises and I am sure it was searched and not found

Comment

Google Matched Content

Collapse

Bottom of Page

Collapse
              Working...
              X