Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Today Nina was the version of herself I can like.

Collapse

Ad Below Title

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Today Nina was the version of herself I can like.

I still think she is a self-involved basket case generally. But when she is with Sasha she is her best self. I loved her supporting Sasha and Gladys today. I wish that Nina was who she was in other situations.

I agree. She is at her best with Sasha!

Comment

She wants to be someone's mother/helper/caretaker...this will come in to play with Willow after the dust settles!

Comment

I hope Sasha and Nina stay this close once she finds out about Willow! I have a feeling Sasha is going to play a huge role in getting Nina and willow forming a relationship
        Last edited by soapfan6; September 28, 2022, 06:56 AM.

Comment

• tabbycat46
          tabbycat46 commented
          Editing a comment
          I'd prefer it if Nina/Sasha stay away from Willow because there is too much bad history between them.

I like this Nina too! I would love if Nina adopted Sasha and legally became her mother.

Comment

I have loved their relationship from the start, minus the months of Nina's reaction after uncovering the betrayal - and she was totally just with that reaction.

She, to me, has become Sasha's real mother even without the blood relationship, and I would love to see her adopt Sasha just as Monica did Drew, so that she'd always have someone there for her, and allowed as next of kin.

Comment

This version of Nina is soooo sweet. If she coud be like this with some people and save her other side for the business world I could take it

Comment

Agree. This is the way CW played Nina when she was first on the show. Then they hooked her up with Sonny and turned her into an even worse version of her original self. On the whole, despite what she did to Sonny's family, I will always like Nina better than Carly.

Comment

All it does for me is prove that Nina shines in relationships where the other person is completely dependent on her. She can't stand it when they have other people in their lives that they can count on as well. The benefit for her when it comes to Sasha, is that Sasha is mostly on her own. I always compare Nina with Sasha....with Nina and Charlotte and it always ends up the same for me.

Comment

• Shellyinphx
                  Shellyinphx commented
                  Editing a comment
                  All of this. Yes it's great that she's being so supportive but for me it's not enough to remove the horror show

• KateQ22003
                  KateQ22003 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Great observation. Nina loves people being dependent on her and being able to call all the shots. Every time I look at her I see what she did to Sonny and his family. Horror show indeed.

• AMichelle
                  AMichelle commented
                  Editing a comment
                  kate@22003 Agree. Same here, every time I see her, I automatically remember what she did and then got away with it. Her romance or whatever she and Sonny have together just reminds me of all the ugliness both did to get to this point and it's repulsive.

interesting thecourt99, that is a very inciteful observation. I never saw it that way, but I can see what you're saying. Honestly while I cannot get behind some of her actions, something about her wants me to root for her. I have empathy for her. Someone like Nelle or Victor or even Esme, to me they are better as villains. I do not want to see a redemption story but Nina and the way she is with Sasha makes me want her to be better. I will say GH and CW has drawn up a very complicated layered character with her!
                Last edited by JCmojoe81; September 28, 2022, 10:01 AM. Reason: added thought
                JC
                SOC Moderator
                soapcentral.com
                Questions? Email me: JCmojoe81

Comment

• SonniOrSolita
                  SonniOrSolita commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Yes. Complicated villains who aren't all bad but have good qualities too are always the most interesting. Nina is such an emotionally damaged character, thanks to her mother, that many of us can still find sympathy for her in her never-ending quest to be loved and to prove she can be a better mother to someone than her own was to her. CW has been great, even when the writing hasn't helped her much.

I too love Nina when she's with Sasha. I love their relationship and hate that they didn't end up making Sasha her daughter.

Comment

I love Nina all the time. But her relationship with Sasha is very special. Both have a mutual admiration and love of each other. She truly is a wonderful mother and grandmother.

Comment

Originally posted by thecourt99 View Post
                    All it does for me is prove that Nina shines in relationships where the other person is completely dependent on her. She can't stand it when they have other people in their lives that they can count on as well. The benefit for her when it comes to Sasha, is that Sasha is mostly on her own. I always compare Nina with Sasha....with Nina and Charlotte and it always ends up the same for me.
                    YES YES YES YES.

Gladys mostly means well, but she's not an entirely reliable person and she's dealing with her own grief. So Sasha is really dependent on Nina and Nina is just lapping it up.

Added benefit: Sonny wants to be there for Sasha, and Nina and Sonny can work together on this. It's more bonding with Sonny.

Nina shines in two kinds of relationships:

1) Where the person is dependent on her, or can be made to be dependent on her, like Nina trying to keep Lulu away from Charlotte so that Charlotte will be dependent on Nina and Valentin. Nina's relationship with "Mike" was like this -- he had no interests other than the Tan-O, Phyllis and Lenny and HER.

2) People who adore her and praise her no matter what she does/egg her on to do what she really wants to do. Phyllis and Lenny treated Nina like she was the fairy princess come to grace their lives in Nixon Falls. Even afterPhyllis learned that Nina had been lying to her form months and almost got Phyllis burned alive, Phyllis was only allowed to criticize Nina once -- when she told Nina that she had violated Sonny. But Phyllis backed off that pretty quickly and became a Sonny/Nina supporter. Liesl and Ava have been egging Nina on to go after Sonny.

None of Nina's friends ever questioned her actions, with the sometimes exception of Britt. Maxie has been friendly with Michael for decades, but she never, ever said anything like: "Nina, maybe you should try apologizing. I don't understand why you didn't tell Michael his dad was alive, maybe he doesn't understand either. If you want to see Michael's kid, you need to make an effort."

Since she was exposed as an imposter, Sasha has been humble and meek and grateful. She's been all "Nina, you are so wonderful to love me in spite of everything I did, you are so wonderful, you are the best."

What if Sasha ever said, "Nina, why did you let your lawyer falsely accuse Michael of violent toward women? I lived with him for months, I know that's a lie. I know Michael and Willow, they are my friends. Why couldn't you admit that you were wrong to lie about Sonny, apologize and then try to work with them?"

But Sasha never, ever questions Nina.

That's not a mother-daughter relationship. It's certainly not an equal friendship, either. It's Sasha worships Nina, Nina feels good because Sasha praises her constantly and depends on her.

There's nothing healthy there.

Comment

• thecourt99
                      thecourt99 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Exactly. A relationship without truth is not healthy...it's not even a relationship.

• Shellyinphx
                      Shellyinphx commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I agree that Sasha worships nina and that's why nina gives her so much time

• AMichelle
                      AMichelle commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Wow, you said exactly the way it was/is. This is how I see this fake and unhealthy attitude of Nina and those around her who suppose to care about her. I would add one more person to this, Liesl, she pushed and helped Nina get Sonny and then warned Nina about the history of Sonny and Carly getting back together. I don't understand why she would do that believing that Nina might get hurt; otherwise, she wouldn't have mentioned that at all - this tells me that she does believe that Nina will get hurt. Liesl is just a very malicious person and will come to regret doing that because once Sonny and Carly becomes friends, which they will, Nina will not be able to handle that. Another person I'm starting to dislike is Sasha because she loved Michael once and they are close friends now and yet she encouraged Nina to go to court to get visitation rights when she knew how Michael felt about it and should have stayed out of it. Your right about her, she never once was straight with Nina about what Nina did to Michael and his family. Forget about Maxie, she has always been a dimwit - I think she's a waste of airtime.

Originally posted by Karol View Post
                    She wants to be someone's mother/helper/caretaker...this will come in to play with Willow after the dust settles!
                    Totally agree - and the rational is that she IS a control freak.

She is OCD about those she loves; this has been known about her since the days of Silas Clay and she first wheeled in to the canvas. It has its good aspects, and its bad aspects.
                    She smothered Silas.
                    She stalked Silas.
                    She smothered Sasha to the point that Sasha in her guilt (and remember - this was only supposed to be for a week or so according to Valentin) told the truth of the set up / Fraud and through herself under NIna's bus to protect Val.
                    She attempted to smother Wylie to a point.
                    She defied Michael's parenting request.
                    She tries to control any situation she is in: from attempting to purchase Charlies to give to Phyllis (Sonny did that) to buying the MC half to give back to Carly (Seriously?), to attempting to win over Harmony with kindness and sympathy to form a class action visitation suit, then turning on her in a heartbeat and bad mouthing Willow in front of her (Harmony had her own issues - do not confuse the two), to what she did to Willow as a teacher, and as a person (blabbermouth in front of SHank), Nina likes to be in control.

But when things go south - she did not mean to do that.

She cares when it is convenient for her - and that is just who Nina Reeves Clay is.

Comment

• FleurdiLisa
                      FleurdiLisa commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I agree with all of this 100%. She needs to be needed. Even going back to Silas, didn't he depend on her financially to get them both through college/med school?

Originally posted by believeinme246 View Post
                    I have loved their relationship from the start, minus the months of Nina's reaction after uncovering the betrayal - and she was totally just with that reaction.

She, to me, has become Sasha's real mother even without the blood relationship, and I would love to see her adopt Sasha just as Monica did Drew, so that she'd always have someone there for her, and allowed as next of kin.
                    Sasha/Nina have one of the best relationships on the show.

Comment

Google Matched Content

Collapse

Bottom of Page

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X