This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wardrobe, Sets, Makeup, Hair, Music, Props etc Week Ending 9/30/2022

Wardrobe, Sets, Makeup, Hair, Music, Props etc Week Ending 9/30/2022. Happy Monday!
    JC
    SOC Moderator
    soapcentral.com
    Questions? Email me: JCmojoe81

I mute Carly because I can’t stand listening to her voice, but normally she dresses well. That dress today was the ugliest dress I have ever seen her wear. I’m sure it is high fashion and I just don’t realize it, but, well, yuck!

Comment

• Clementine15
      Clementine15 commented
      Editing a comment
      The dress was awful, but her hair was beautiful!! And that smile... WOW!

• Eve S Dropper
      Eve S Dropper commented
      Editing a comment
      Oh I so agree. She can rock a lot of outfits but that thing was hideous, unflattering, and not at all her normal style. By the way her hair must grow faster than anyone on earth. It did look very pretty but I kind of like it shorter, which is always so fleeting before it gets long again!

What is with all that horrid wallpaper today? I guess that was Brando and Sasha's condo with the leopard wallpaper. That used to be Dr. Kim Nero's place, right? What an odd decorating choice there.

Then you could certainly tell they were over-doing the Florida theme with that gaudy tropical wallpaper in Carly's room. I'd say they overdid it just a bit, wouldn't you? lol

Comment

Wow, look at that figure on Joss. She was super jiggly in that tight little pink shirt she had on. I can't even describe it. It was like a tube top with cap sleeves. She has really grown into a gorgeous young woman, that's for sure.

Comment

• Eve S Dropper
        Eve S Dropper commented
        Editing a comment
        I am a straight old lady but I must say she looked super hot in those jeans and tank top! That pink color was great on her, and the high waisted jeans fit great. Lots of young healthy cleavage on display too, lol.

Why do they dress Maxie in sweaters in the summer? Plus, that sweater is two-Sizes to big. It’s sloppy.

Comment

• OLTLBoomer
        OLTLBoomer commented
        Editing a comment
        I worry for the actress (KS) Maxie was a fashionista and the clothing choices now for the character are not positive - they are sloppy comfortable, and not in keeping with the persona.

• emsnana
        emsnana commented
        Editing a comment
        It is like the wardrobe people don't know how to dress larger built women

• Eve S Dropper
        Eve S Dropper commented
        Editing a comment
        OK so she can no longer wear the size 0 mini dresses from a decade ago,fine, most people can't by the time they have three kids. But why on earth can they not find fashionable, flattering, well fitting clothes for her? I'm quite sure they exist. Maxie should be dressed much better than she is. Even if they want to make her more casual they can find a sweater that looks like she bought it for herself vs stealing it off a much taller woman!

Not into make up like the folks on GH seem to be.

I was wondering, do the big kids just keep visiting the make-up counters, constantly buying new shades of eye shadow, to match their outfit for the day? I'm talking Trina, this time (Wed). Is matching eye makeup to outfits a thing?

Also, do the fashionably(?) bald dudes, have to lather up, shave their heads, every day, to maintain their look? One more bathroom chore to do before they leave the house for the day? I see that Curtis probably has to work on his goatee/beard, every day, to keep it tight, and, in shape.

Comment

• jackielynn
        jackielynn commented
        Editing a comment
        I like Trina’s wardrobe but that orange eyeshadow is too much.

• stormy5
        stormy5 commented
        Editing a comment
        I did not think the orange eye shadow was attractive either.

• Laura Luke
        Laura Luke commented
        Editing a comment
        I remember this #newtrend from rhe 80s matching eyeshadow with outfit

Wardrobe is really not trying with Maxie. Many plus size women are well dressed in clothes that look very good on them. Why have they decided Maxie can go from fashionista to the things she is dress in now?

Comment

• Eve S Dropper
        Eve S Dropper commented
        Editing a comment
        The do this to Laura too. As the mayor of PC she should be wearing sharp clothing like Diane. Stylish, professional, power-suits do exist in sizes other than single digits.

• stormy5
        stormy5 commented
        Editing a comment
        She is dressed horribly for someone who is supposed to be an executive in a cosmetics company. They don't even seem to bother styling her hair.

• EHolland
        EHolland commented
        Editing a comment
        It shouldn’t be “her choice” to dress this way. It’s her job and wardrobe should dress her accordingl to her profession. In what universe would a cosmetic/fashion magazine executive wear what she wears. No matter the size there are options and she should look the part. She even looks sloppy at home. Awful!

Those sweat pants that Drew had on to sleep in were awful.

Comment

• EHolland
        EHolland commented
        Editing a comment
        He had on sweatpants? I didn’t notice! Not what I was looking at!

I loved Trina's puffy sleeved blouse. She is dressed adorably! I don't understand the way Maxie is dressed and the way her hair is done. Someone who loves her needs to help her out.

Comment

• Clementine15
        Clementine15 commented
        Editing a comment
        That color is lovely on her! Coincidence, same color as Maxie's sweater but what a difference. And love her long loose hair

• Eve S Dropper
        Eve S Dropper commented
        Editing a comment
        I liked Trina's shirt and I prefer her hair like this as it looks less heavy on her petite frame. Not a fan of the eyeshadow but I understand it is the style.

Sam and the girls were on display yesterday. I have no problems with cleveage in apporpriate situations - perhaps a jacket (it is the end of September and here in the mid west we have had frost) would have been in order.

Comment

• xoregonian
        xoregonian commented
        Editing a comment
        Eve S Dropper Sam's jeans had to weigh more than she weighs herself. That had to be about five yards of heavyweight denim on her teeny tiny frame. And yes, that belt...

• franron
        franron commented
        Editing a comment
        Maybe, the belt and jeans are the counterweight to keep her from becoming top heavy, and, toppling over.

• Eve S Dropper
        Eve S Dropper commented
        Editing a comment
        xoregonian Hey if she survived wearing those cargo pantaloons or whatever those things were that she was wearing last year at the pool when Drew called, she can handle anything!

Please Wardrobe Dept. get that ridiculous hat off Marshall’s head! It’s awful second only to Maxie’s wardrobe!
      Last edited by EHolland; September 29, 2022, 06:32 PM.

Comment

• xoregonian
        xoregonian commented
        Editing a comment
        Ah, the pork pie hat. I'm all posted out about Marshall and his choice of head cover.

And is he supposed to be from Tupelo, MS with that accent he has? Boy does he sound like a southerner.

• EHolland
        EHolland commented
        Editing a comment
        I’m from the heart of Dixie and I can tell you Marshall has zero Southern accent. Don’t know what it is but not Southern. Martin does have one albeit kinda overly played but it’s Southern. Marshall seems to have a penchant for Jazz so maybe he’s going for that Louisiana region but it’s definitely not Tupelo, MS.

The hat is just ridiculous looking.

When was the last time they touched up Maxie’s roots? She just looks generally unkept these days!

Comment

• franron
        franron commented
        Editing a comment
        These days, do the others in PC say to themselves, something like, 'I always suspected that Maxie wasn't a true blond. She really needs to cut off that overgrown mess of blond ends, or, get back to dying her hair, and, maintain those roots...'.

• lovejomar
        lovejomar commented
        Editing a comment
        I agree. Maxie’s dark roots need to go back blonde immediately. I other characters here touch their hair, thinking of Sonny here where I like his grey at the sides and temples looks better than having mostly grey and washed out on screen. I think the show has in put on hair of the characters. They need to make sure that a character who has a role in fashion and makeup looks the part.
        Last edited by lovejomar; October 1, 2022, 11:43 PM.

• CarnyQueen
        CarnyQueen commented
        Editing a comment
        I think most viewers feel that the wardrobe department does Maxie no favors and doesn't seem to know what to do with a woman who is above a size 2. But I'm going to cut Maxie a break on her hair. Kirsten Storms has had so many health problems over the past several years, maybe there's a reason she doesn't want to bleach her hair right now. And in character terms, the mother of three young children who also works full-time might not be able to schedule a salon appointment. Almost no one in Port Charles has completely natural hair, so I doubt they have been wondering about whether Maxie is a natural blond.

Originally posted by Someday View Post
      When was the last time they touched up Maxie’s roots? She just looks generally unkept these days!
      I feel so badly for Maxie. I want to complain about her hair and wardrobe too. But I wonder what's up with her and these on-air choices lately? I hope she doesn't read all the comments about her. I've been chubby before and it's not like everyone doesn't notice the change.

Comment

• xoregonian
        xoregonian commented
        Editing a comment
        EHolland I kind of thought we were supposed to attribute Maxie's casual look right now because Brando just died and Sasha is devastated, so the Deception women were staying low key. I mean, Lucy's MIA and it's only been one day, hence the same clothes.

• EHolland
        EHolland commented
        Editing a comment
        Maybe it’s just me but she looks that way everyday. Not just because Brando died. Sasha and Gladys look well dressed for their situation. My thing is she’s a beautiful young woman why look like you climbed out of a paper bag. Weight doesn’t account for it. There are fabulous fashions now for every size. I feel for her.

• xoregonian
        xoregonian commented
        Editing a comment
        I do not disagree with you at all.

Kudos to the hair and makeup people for Spencer’s current prison look. He looks truly awful.

Comment

• Clementine15
        Clementine15 commented
        Editing a comment
        He does, but l kind of like his disheveled hair. Much of the time, it is a little too neat.

• believeinme246
        believeinme246 commented
        Editing a comment
        Clementine15, I think they're going for that 50s preppie look for day-to-day Spencer. I'm kind of liking this more disheveled look on him, too.

• Anna74
        Anna74 commented
        Editing a comment
        I also like him looking a bit disheveled.

I hate to keep harping on poor Maxie, but this is really bugging me. Why does she pull the sleeves of her awful sweaters over her hands? And if you were a buyer considering their cosmetic line and saw a top executive dressed like that, would you give the company an order?

Comment

• believeinme246
        believeinme246 commented
        Editing a comment
        I've ordered some pretty expensive tops online, and they are coming that way now. I think it's the new look.

• Old Boot
        Old Boot commented
        Editing a comment
        Thank you. That's too bad. Now we're all supposed to look like we're wearing out big sister's clothes.

Google Matched Content

Collapse

Bottom of Page

Collapse
    Working...
    X