Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse

CLOUDFARE Security Message

Over the past few days you may have received a "Checking if the site connection is secure" message when accessing the site. This is perfectly normal and not cause for alarm.

This message indicates that the server is confirming that the SSL (the "s" that you see in the https before web addresses) security is, in fact, secure. This is not some sort of advertisement and it is not some sort of nefarious hacking.

Cloudfare, which is a provide of web hosting and security, has recently added this layer of security on the Soap Central message boards platform as an added layer of security.

The message may occur any time that your browser makes a new connection to the boards. The message may also stop appearing at any time as the process is further integrated into the boards.
See more
See less

Thank you, Diane, for asking Sonny the question he's been ignoring since he returned

Collapse

Ad Below Title

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rkm137
    Aspiring soap scribe
    • Dec 2009

Thank you, Diane, for asking Sonny the question he's been ignoring since he returned

Sonny said "We've moved on" in response to Diane's question about whether his entire family were her victims. No Sonny "You've moved on." And then she straight up asked him if he family felt the same. It's been a little over 7 months since he returned to town. He hasn't even been back as long as he was grieved. That Sonny keeps ignoring what his family went through is utterly baffling to watch.
  • december rose
    I Let My Evil Twin Post For Me
    • Feb 2016

I think Diane did a good job today asking Sonny questions. She made him answer. She didn't let him bully her or intimidate her. And she made the point that his family hurt and he ignored it.

The best point was at the end when she said something like why should we trust your judgment now,

Good tv today.

Comment

• regalbeagle
      Contract Poster
      • Dec 2018

How is Diane doing this and expecting to keep Sonny as a client?

How is it not a conflict of interest for her to be doing this?

Comment

• rkm137
        rkm137 commented
        Editing a comment
        heddalee I don't want to get in a long winded or tortured discussion of Professional Responsibility and Legal Ethics, but I'm curious why you think so.

• heddalee
        heddalee commented
        Editing a comment
        You can't interrogate the people you represent in other matters. No court would allow it; Diane would be required to bring in another attorney to do it. For Diane to do it would run the risk that she would inadvertently do a poor job of questioning Sonny, and thus hurt Michael's case, because of their existing relationship. It's not even her professional responsibility that comes first here - it's a judge's, whose job it is to see to a fair hearing for all involved.
        Last edited by heddalee; May 26, 2022, 10:49 PM. Reason: I like editing

• eileenregina
        eileenregina commented
        Editing a comment
        heddalee - Thank you. I thought the same thing but since I know nothing about how the legal system works in these situations I wasn't sure if it was allowed.
    • tollyfan35
      Senior Board Member
      • May 2018

i love the fact that she pointed out that his family was more of victim of what nina did then he was

Comment

• catster
        catster commented
        Editing a comment
        Me too. Finally. I have hated how his family has not mattered at all.
    • believeinme246
      Aspiring soap scribe
      • Jan 2015

I was frustrated that Scott didn't cross examine after. When Diane brought up Franco being a suspected serial killer, I'd have loved for Scott to bring out that Michael's mother was engaged to Franco, who would have become his stepfather, leading the court to believe that the C family believed Franco's violence to be in the past. When Diane asked whether Nina didn't tell Sonny about his family, Scott should have uncovered that Nina kept asking if he wanted to know them and he kept saying no, so she believed she was honoring his wishes.

He really wasn't doing his job today.

Comment

• believeinme246
        believeinme246 commented
        Editing a comment
        Agreed, yet, if it Diane was trying to demonstrate that Nina getting close to Franco was a reason not to see Wiley, Scott should have pointed out the double standard that the other grandmother was engaged to marry him, and so the reason to keep one grandmother away is a lot more than the proximity to Franco.

• rkm137
        rkm137 commented
        Editing a comment
        believeinme246 I thought she was trying to show that Scott has a bias himself.

• chebbo
        chebbo commented
        Editing a comment
        There were a lot of things wrong with the writing in this court scene. You, OP, are correct. And Sonny needed to be clearer that Nina had gone to the mental institution over Avery. She worked hard to come back to a place or normalcy.

I hope Scott can call other people to the stand. Carly has lies currently that affect Nina and who she thinks of as her family.

And for heaven's sake he needs to point out that the Corinthos are a mob family, including Carly. And she is allowed to see Wiley.
    • SAMLEXIS FAN
      Aspiring soap scribe
      • Mar 2008

Diane sounds ridiculous. I'm surprised she didn't blame Nina for Sonny getting amnesia too. LOL! Sonny chose to leave his family to go gunning after Julian which led to the bridge collapse & memory loss...nothing to do with Nina. It took a beam to fall on his head for him to remember everything. So Nina telling him all about himself & his family...as "Mike," he most likely wouldn't have been interested in hearing anything about it. And Nina didn't hold him hostage. He had plenty of time to do the research prior to Nina showing up to Nixon Falls & afterwards to find out about his past...he chose not to & I'm glad he confirmed it in court.

Comment

• SAMLEXIS FAN
        SAMLEXIS FAN commented
        Editing a comment
        OLTLBoomer If Julian would have refused to cooperate with Sonny, would do you think Sonny would have done?

• OLTLBoomer
        OLTLBoomer commented
        Editing a comment
        He would not shoot Julian - Sonny needed him. Pre NF, Sonny had a code, and this is one of those times the Code would have kicked in. He would have drug him back to PC, IMHO.

• SAMLEXIS FAN
        SAMLEXIS FAN commented
        Editing a comment
        OLTLBoomer Sonny couldn't have forced Julian to go with him against his will. That's why he was prepared to shoot him if he refused to cooperate.
    • tollyfan35
      Senior Board Member
      • May 2018

sonny admission didn't help nina at all because nina knew for fact that sonny had grieving family that missed him she did more then lie to sonny she made sure that trina couldn't see sonny and bring him home because didn't care about his kids getting their dad back she only care about what she wanted at the time sonny admission makes nina look worse it comes across as her taking advantage of a man with amnesia instead of helping him

Comment

• Retiredmom
        Board Regular
        • May 2021

Originally posted by SAMLEXIS FAN View Post
        Diane sounds ridiculous. I'm surprised she didn't blame Nina for Sonny getting amnesia too. LOL! Sonny chose to leave his family to go gunning after Julian which led to the bridge collapse & memory loss...nothing to do with Nina. It took a beam to fall on his head for him to remember everything. So Nina telling him all about himself & his family...as "Mike," he most likely wouldn't have been interested in hearing anything about it. And Nina didn't hold him hostage. He had plenty of time to do the research prior to Nina showing up to Nixon Falls & afterwards to find out about his past...he chose not to & I'm glad he confirmed it in court.
        So. Y never made a choice. You can o my make a choice when you have all the facts. Donny also said after being asked by Dianne if Nina had told him hr had a wife.. children and grandchildren back home the wind off his back would have e knocked Nina out. There is no way around this Sonny would have gone home after only a couple months missing.

Comment

• OLTL'69
          OLTL'69 commented
          Editing a comment
          You can make the choice to look for the facts. He did not look NOT CLEARING NINA But he just pouted that no one was looking for him . Just because they did not find him.

• Shellyinphx
          Shellyinphx commented
          Editing a comment
          They told us on the show that he did a basic search and came up empty. He also asked nina and she lied
      • ValentinFan02
        Board Regular
        • May 2020

Originally posted by SAMLEXIS FAN View Post
        No kidding and Sonny was hard after Julian in no small part because Carly demanded he and Jason get revenge against Julian for him helping Brad.

Comment

• heddalee
          Senior Board Member
          • Feb 2009

Off-topic:

Sonny: "What Nina did was unforgivable."

Scott: "Have you forgiven her?"

Sonny: "Yes."

Comment

• believeinme246
            believeinme246 commented
            Editing a comment
            My daughter and I burst into laughter over that one.

• CarnyQueen
            CarnyQueen commented
            Editing a comment
            Actually it was brilliant on the writers' part. It showed that Sonny admits that Nina's actions were reprehensible. Diane very skillfully pointed out that HE had forgiven Nina, but that didn't mean his family had. And it also showed that Sonny isn't thinking very clearly because's he contradicting himself under friendly questioning.

• heddalee
            heddalee commented
            Editing a comment
            Agree with CarnyQueen - Sonny put himself in a situation where in order to succeed, he'd have to parse his words very carefully. And he's just not that kind of intelligent.
        • ValentinFan02
          Board Regular
          • May 2020

This should be the end of the Sonny/Diane relationship. She's proven she can't be trusted after years of being close with Sonny and him basically being her top client.

This is absolutely a conflict of interest and it's against the rules of the bar for Diane to do this to Sonny.

"Similarly, a directly adverse conflict may arise when a lawyer is required to cross-examine a client who appears as a witness in a lawsuit involving another client."

That is precisely what Diane did here and she was legally and ethically required to recuse herself once Sonny was called to the stand.

Comment

• december rose
            december rose commented
            Editing a comment
            Why didn't Scott object?

• rkm137
            rkm137 commented
            Editing a comment
            I went ahead and looked it up. It isn't a conflict of interest issue. It's a duty of loyalty issue (at least in my state) Even though Sonny was a non-party witness, a lawyer should not undertake to examine a client, even in a non-related matter, where it could lead to harm or embarrass them.

The issue, of course on a soap, is that there are only ever a maximum of 3 lawyers on a soap at a time.

december rose As to you last question, assuming it's an issue in PC, the reason Scott doesn't object is two fold. 1) The writing has NO concept of legal objections. For instance, Scott DID object to Diane asking Nina a leading question. Leading questions are permitted on cross-examination. And 2) the realities of the show (see limited counsel referenced above).
        • CincyLady
          Aspiring soap scribe
          • Sep 2005

IMO - Sonny's children should be so happy he is alive. Why should they care about his personal life - they all have different mothers anyway. The writers are making his children's love for their father all about Carly. No thank you.

Comment

• Manninglover87
            Manninglover87 commented
            Editing a comment
            They should care because by being with Nina, he is telling them that he doesn’t give a crap about the pain they endured. They should care because he acts like they don’t have a legitimate reason to hate this woman. I think if he just validated the fact that Nina caused them unspeakable pain and that they have the right to hate her for it, they wouldn’t be so angry. But, of course, it’s Sonny. He doesn’t care about anyone but himself.

• thecourt99
            thecourt99 commented
            Editing a comment
            I don't see it that way. This isn't just about his personal life. He is choosing to date and forgive the woman that victimized them all. But he's not making an effort to understand that they were also victimized by her, and they haven't forgiven her. He feels that if he's over it, they shouldn't complain. Sonny is the one ignoring the feelings of his family..and then defending Nina to his family. They are happy that he's alive. He doesn't seem to be happy that they won't just forget what Nina did to them.
        • mamafenocchi
          Executive Poster
          • Aug 2009

Originally posted by CincyLady View Post
          IMO - Sonny's children should be so happy he is alive. Why should they care about his personal life - they all have different mothers anyway. The writers are making his children's love for their father all about Carly. No thank you.
          The problem is WHO is choosing in his personal al life...the woman who withheld vital info about him being alive. The woman who victimized his family and allowed his wife children and family to mourn and grieve for him. The problem is NOT that Sonny and Carly aren't together, the problem is WHO Sonny is with now and how he doesn't seem to care how his family suffered when they thought he was dead because of Nina's lies and manipulations. There are no Children, wives, Etc, on this planet that would be okay with this scenario...ever

Comment

• Carerra
            Senior Board Member
            • Nov 2018

Nina is no more of a danger to Wiley than His parents or Carly. This child will be damaged emotionally because he is surrounded by lying , dysfunctional people. Carly Will play God and keep the stepford wife's paternity a secret, that's real healthy. Michael will plot to bring Sonny down at all cost....mature and healthy Willow will continue to be spineless and not have an original thought in her step ford brain. It would serve Michael right if they had 2 sons and history repeated itself.... AJ and Jason all over again This is more about revenge than keeping Wiley safe. Willow has never really dealt with the death of her child, she replaced him with Wiley....that was healthy. She forgave a women who killed and pimped her. Michael you can forgive Sonny for murdering your father and Your mommy for going along with it, but you can't forgive him for loving another women. You were sooooo distraught over losing Sonny now he's back and You want to punish him. If you want to keep Wiley safe let Brooklyn and Chase raise him. Because you and Willow are a hot f'ing!
            Hypocritical dysfunctional mess!!!!!

​​​​​

Comment

• Remarco
              Board Regular
              • Feb 2015

Carly is doing the same thing about withholding information about Willow's birth ( as she did with Nelle). I have no sympathy for Carly and family. They are all proiteers of a life of crime, just because you are not charged and found guilty does not mean you are free from 'sin'.

Comment

Google Matched Content

Collapse

Bottom of Page

Collapse
              Working...
              X
              😀
              🥰
              🤢
              😎
              😡