Ad Below Title

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TJ is annoying me regarding Marshall

He talks as if Curtis doesn't have a reason to not trust his deadbeat father who mysteriously popped up recently after abandoning his family decades ago. Not only did Marshall neglect his family, but he refuses to reveal why. He just wants Curtis to forget about it,not ask questions, and accept him into his life. While I haven't been a fan of Curtis in recent months. I completely understand and agree with him when it comes to Marshall. TJ trying to shame Curtis into accepting Marshall is beyond ridiculous. If you want to have a relationship with Marshall that's your choice TJ. But Curtis has every reason not to trust him and question why he was gone for so long. It also annoys me that TJ calls Marshall "grandpa" when biologically he has no relations to him. And he has only known this man for a few months. He grew up with Stella and Curtis in his life. So it makes sense for him to still view them as family. Marshall not so much.
    Last edited by GH Fan 1991; May 14, 2022, 08:23 AM.

I think biology is irrelevant. The only grandfather I knew was my mother's stepfather. That was my grandpa. This is different, ofcourse. I just have to say biology ain't all that.

I think where TJ is coming from is not that Curtis had no reasons to question things. I think its more that Curtis gave TJ (a grown man!) zero agency or say in any of it. Curtis just decided he knew best. Maybe he does. We don't actually know yet. But Curtis reasoning was to protect TJ. I could see where maybe TJ would resent being treated like he is 5. Curtis should have looped TJ in, I think.

Comment

Originally posted by DVX View Post
      I think biology is irrelevant. The only grandfather I knew was my mother's stepfather. That was my grandpa. This is different, ofcourse. I just have to say biology ain't all that.

I think where TJ is coming from is not that Curtis had no reasons to question things. I think its more that Curtis gave TJ (a grown man!) zero agency or say in any of it. Curtis just decided he knew best. Maybe he does. We don't actually know yet. But Curtis reasoning was to protect TJ. I could see where maybe TJ would resent being treated like he is 5. Curtis should have looped TJ in, I think.
      Like I stated in my original post TJ barely knows this man. He's only known him for a few months. He can feel whatever way he wants about Marshall. But he has no right to tell Curtis how to feel or treat the man who neglected him,his brother,and mother all those years ago. TJ still considering Tommy Sr,Curtis, and Stella as family makes sense given the fact he grew up believing they were biologically related to him. He like Curtis thought Marshall was dead(long BEFORE TJ was born) for al these years. Again I'm Not not arguing that TJ doesn't have a right to get to know Marshall. But he also speaks as if Curtis should just forgive Marshall for his neglect and not question him as to why.

Comment

• sesca
        sesca commented
        Editing a comment
        You are 100% right. But if he respected Curtis' feelings about Marshall there would be no story.

TH should not be telling Curtis how he should b dealing with Marshall. TJ should understand Curtis is working through issues regarding his father the grandfather link is tenuous and TJ should give precdencee to Curtis on the issue allsaid, flush Marshall out of s\l

ppat he should be doing regarding mRshLk

Comment

GH Fan 1991 I completely agree with you! Curtis wasn't trying to thwart TJ's relationship with Marshall, he was trying to get to the bottom of whether he (Curtis) could trust Marshall. As far as I'm concerned, if Marshall had been serious about getting to know TJ as his grandson (regardless of TJ's actual biology) then Marshall should have taken that as a win and not ditched town because he couldn't patch things up with Curtis. Like Sonny and Nina, Marshall wants what he wants when and how he wants it. The fact that TJ knew little of Marshall 6 months ago makes his anger towards Curtis more ridiculous, especially given that Curtis has never embraced TJ as anything less than a nephew, and at times has treated TJ more like a son. Literally, if Curtis had not embraced TJ so strongly, the whole conversation would be moot because Marshall probably would not have individually sought TJ out.

Comment

This is one of those situations where im not mad and understand every party of the story. I completely understand curtis need to want to protect his family. Marshall being black and male especially during the era in which he grew up mental health was not seen as strong and brave and then being committed no less.... I can understand his anger and wanting privacy here. and i can now understand aunt stella telling curtis to leave it alone. I dont understand the whole TJ hasnt known him that long to care or the biological aspect because like i told an old friend of mine, it doesnt matter how long you know someone its about the bond you create with them. From what we saw TJ was fond of his grandfather and enjoyed having him around. Heck even trina started to create a relationship with him during their brief encounters.

Now with all that said, while i understand Marshall, he must not have thought this through. He had to have known Curtis would want answers, regardless of his situation and if he wasnt ready to give those answers he should not have came back. Its not like Curtis looked for him. He came to town and tried to have a place in his family. It doesnt work that way! Father or not, they dont know you man. Youre a stranger. This man is going to protect his family and its not like you just walked out. He thought you were dead man!!

Comment

Whenever TJ says "my grandpa" I think, "He's not your Grandpa TJ". I too find it very annoying that TJ can't shut up about losing his grandpa when the man who has no relation to him and was a lying deadbeat to his son.

Comment

• Eve S Dropper
              Eve S Dropper commented
              Editing a comment
              Seriously, it is ridiculous. It is not like this guy bounced little TJ on his knee on many a sweet Christmas morning in days of yore. He just showed up out of nowhere all full of secrets and evasions and he shares not one strand of DNA with TJ. If TJ wants to befriend a random old man with a clarinet who showed up in PC, fine that is his business. But call him Marshall. Every time TJ says "grandpa" I want to gag.

TJ is annoying all the time. The writers make the male characters weak, not leaders; even Sonny - his character is lacking the 'boss' atmosphere, as for Michael, he's always been a whiny butt . . and on and on.

Comment

• Eve S Dropper
              Eve S Dropper commented
              Editing a comment
              True. About the only guy who comes to my mind right now who is not a whiner and / or a wimp is Valentine. And possibly Finn.

I am also irritated by TJ’s use of the term “Grandpa” but for different reasons. TJ was a grown man when he first met Marshall. I find it a little odd that he started referring to him as “Grandpa” so quickly and easily. (And it seems like TJ is constantly using the term.) To me, there’s a warmth and familiarity to “Grandpa”’ that Marshall hasn’t earned. I understand that TJ has a big, inclusive heart. I also get that some would consider it disrespectful for TJ to refer to Marshall by his first name. Still, “Grandpa” would not fly off my lips as immediately and naturally as it did for TJ. It may be petty, but the more formal “Grandfather” seems fitting under the circumstances if simply calling him Marshall isn’t appropriate.

Comment

• Eve S Dropper
              Eve S Dropper commented
              Editing a comment
              Exactly, I made almost the same comment above. At least he's not calling him Pee-Paw, LOL.

• Wild Horses
              Wild Horses commented
              Editing a comment
              I feel the same way it is to over the top.

what actually doesn't make sense is that the two are not related in any way. Didn't Jordan cheat on Thomas with Shawn?

Comment

I think TJ and Curtis should have an honest adult conversation about their feelings regarding Marshall with the understanding that neither of them is wrong and both are entitled to their feelings.

As for TJ calling Marshall grandma, I don’t think that’s annoying. TJ was raised as an Ashford. Tommy was his father just as much or more as Sean. I think it’s natural that he would feel a connection to Marshall even though he was
              absent during his childhood. Aunt Stella and Curtis are his family and therefore Marshall is too. JMO

Comment

• MrsValentine
                MrsValentine commented
                Editing a comment
                GH Fan 1991
                Whether or not you or I think Marshall has or hasn’t earned the right to be called Grandma is irrelevant. TJ does. Personally, I don’t like Marshall and wish he’d stay gone but I know he’ll be back- unfortunately. Sometimes, biology, absence or lack of biology doesn’t matter. It’s up to the individuals. TJ wants to get to know Marshall. He considers Marshall just as family as he does the rest of his family. That’s completely TJ’s decision and prerogative. IMO

• GH Fan 1991
                GH Fan 1991 commented
                Editing a comment
                MrsValentine You keeping mistyping "grandpa" as "grandpa". Of course the writers are using TJ to make Marshall relevant. They have always used TJ as a prop for other characters and their storylines. It I'd what it is. But I stand behind everything I said. We can just agree to disagree.

• GH Fan 1991
                GH Fan 1991 commented
                Editing a comment
                MrsValentine I do however agree with your views of Marshall. Such a useless character I have no interest in.

Originally posted by MrsValentine View Post
              I think TJ and Curtis should have an honest adult conversation about their feelings regarding Marshall with the understanding that neither of them is wrong and both are entitled to their feelings.

As for TJ calling Marshall grandma, I don’t think that’s annoying. TJ was raised as an Ashford. Tommy was his father just as much or more as Sean. I think it’s natural that he would feel a connection to Marshall even though he was
              absent during his childhood. Aunt Stella and Curtis are his family and therefore Marshall is too. JMO
              Difference is BOTH Curtis and Stella were actually in his life growing up. Marshall hasn't earned the right to be call "grandpa" in my opinion.
              Last edited by GH Fan 1991; May 14, 2022, 03:49 PM.

Comment

He's not even TJ's bio grandfather. This has all been gone over in the other TJ thread. Silly storyline that Dr. TJ would be so involved in finding this deadbeat stranger.

Comment

For me, Marshall has been a failure as a character. I think Marshall's big secret was a huge disappointment. I just don't like him and don't care anything about him.

Comment

• FLPeaches
                    FLPeaches commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I am in complete agreement with this -
                    I've been trying...but I can't find much to like about the character, and I honestly don't care enough to try anymore...

• AnotherSonnyKid
                    AnotherSonnyKid commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I am a Marshal fan but I sure do hope there is more to his leaving his family than what we have been lead to believe. For all the build up it was a dud when Curtis got the records.

Gotta add that I find Marshall's s/l tiresome. Weeks and weeks of his evading Curtis' questions was not entertaining at all.

Comment

Google Matched Content

Collapse

Bottom of Page

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X