• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • xoregonian
    Aspiring soap scribe
    • Feb 2014

Willow got her new passport

So we all know it was obtained with a fake birth certificate.

Does this mean she will get caught on the way to Paris? Or will they make it to Paris, then she will be stuck there and can't come back to our country? What do you think?
  • Maxiegirl
    Aspiring soap scribe
    • Feb 2008

I understand if she got a passport then the authorities thought her fake birth certificate was legitimate. Why would the passport not be legitimate? Wouldn’t it have to be that someone who looks at the birth certificate in more detail would then flag the passport as not being legitimate? But who would do that unless they really looked into it. Of course this is a soap where Britt was able to see a doctor with a Canadian passport. I’ve never seen anyone do that. In Canada you have to show your provincial health card to see a doctor.

Comment

• alice1228303
      alice1228303 commented
      Editing a comment
      If the State Department issued a Passport the Birth Certificate passed muster.
      I think the Birth Certificate story was to bring out the fact that Harmony is not Willow's bio mother and nothing else.
      It was wrapped up way to quickly to after the information was shared with Aleixs.
      The rest of the story is about who is Willows bio mother
  • TVDfan
    Board Regular
    • Jun 2011

There was a greater chance of her being caught while requesting the passport. The passport by all means is legitimate …is the birth certificate that is fraudulent.

Any border patrol will go into the system and would see that Willow’s passport information checks out.

Comment

• Maxiegirl
      Maxiegirl commented
      Editing a comment
      Oh that’s probably what it was just to reveal it to the audience so we start speculating on who Willow’s real mother is. And drag the story out longer.

• OLTL'69
      OLTL'69 commented
      Editing a comment
      Agree if the B.C was good enough for the passport I don't see the problem using the passport. Generallly if you have your passport you don't need the BC as well. In the old days traveling to Canada you should have either brought a BC or. Passport for crossing. They did not stop everyone but if they did you wanted proof you were American .It is more complicated of course since 9/11 and COVID.

• eileenregina
      eileenregina commented
      Editing a comment
      Correct. If the fake birth certificate past inspection than a legitimate passport was given to her. I doubt they do a re-check of past birth certificates to make sure they are legitimate, LOL!
  • xoregonian
    Aspiring soap scribe
    • Feb 2014

Not a big deal. But certainly a plot point for something. They've made quite a deal out of it.

And there's Nina, wearing both halves of the half-heart necklaces on one chain.

Comment

• SAMLEXIS FAN
      Aspiring soap scribe
      • Mar 2008

I think Willow getting her new passport using a forged birth certificate means trouble is on the horizon....sooner or later.

Comment

• rkm137
        Aspiring soap scribe
        • Dec 2009

The passport is a legitimate passport. There would be no reason for anyone to check the underlying documents at this point. If Willow's birth and/or identity is eventually questioned, it won't be based on the passport or traveling with it. In fact, going forward, she wouldn't need her birth certificate again because you can get any services and/or other documentation based on the passport. I haven't had a copy of or even seen my birth certificate my entire adult life. I don't even know if my mom kept her copy. I remember ordering a certified copy to obtain my passport at the age of 9 and since then I have relied on passports.

The only person in real legal jeopardy is Harmony for an apparently illegal adoption and forging paperwork.

Comment

• xoregonian
          xoregonian commented
          Editing a comment
          There would be no reason to emphasize it so much on a soap if it didn't mean anything. We will have to wait and see.

• rkm137
          rkm137 commented
          Editing a comment
          xoregonian I don't think it means nothing. I just don't think using the passport is what will cause a problem. I think the fake BC was introduced to let us know Harmony isn't Willow's bio mom. But they are going to drag this out for a bit. So that was fake out No. 1. I expect at least two more near misses before something forces the truth.
      • OLTL'69
        Aspiring soap scribe
        • Apr 2011

I know this is mainly for the story of who is the real mother. But making a big BIG deal about a false one is funny on a show where it has always been so easy for people to make and use false papers.
        Willow would not be guilty of fraud she used the one her momgave her in good faith

Comment

• KateQ22003
          KateQ22003 commented
          Editing a comment
          This. Business Law 1 teaches you that one of the conditions of fraud that needs to be present is intent. Willow did not intend to defraud anyone; she is an unwilling, unknowing participant. Not sure how Willow being in trouble and going to jail keeps getting posted on here; it is completely fabricated based on nothing but wishful thinking.

• Laura Luke
          Laura Luke commented
          Editing a comment
          It's funny that most trips on the transporter don't require a passport at all . Just say where you want to go and Voila you are there just recently an abducted Maxi had no problem going to Switzerland
      • Ribbonette
        Contract Poster
        • Sep 2015

I like the idea of Willow getting stuck in Paris and Michael staying with her -- forever!

Comment

• Laura Luke
          Laura Luke commented
          Editing a comment
          This would be the best out come ever

• Maxiegirl
          Maxiegirl commented
          Editing a comment
          I wouldn’t mind if Michael and Willow relocated to Paris and had their HEA and just stayed there. They can take Wiley with them for all I care. I wouldn’t miss them in the slightest.

• sesca
          sesca commented
          Editing a comment
          I completely agree!!! Let them stay there permanently!
      • louisesnell96
        Board Regular
        • Mar 2020

I wonder if there is going to be a problem with Willow’s passport in the future.

Comment

• KateQ22003
          KateQ22003 commented
          Editing a comment
          I highly doubt it; the government approved her passport and that's all that would be in the system. It's not like when you use your passport they look at your birth certificate. The government has already said she's good to go.

• xoregonian
          xoregonian commented
          Editing a comment
          The soap government will probably lock her up in a jail in France. lol
      • DayRose
        Aspiring soap scribe
        • Oct 2020

She will have no trouble with her passport.

Comment

• OLTLBoomer
          OLTLBoomer commented
          Editing a comment
          Agree. The fake BC passed muster. The passport is real.

• DayRose
          DayRose commented
          Editing a comment
          Yep! ******************
      • believeinme246
        Aspiring soap scribe
        • Jan 2015

Willow won't have a problem with her passport, but if she wants to sign up for quick access at customs or TSA, so that she could get through the lines quickly, there are background checks that get done and those could expose something.

Comment

• believeinme246
          believeinme246 commented
          Editing a comment
          If they try for global entry, they must bring a birth certificate with them. We know that she got her passport, but not whether they are applying for global entry. They may still have problems. I can only speak for the US.

• rkm137
          rkm137 commented
          Editing a comment
          I've never heard of a system that requires a BC and a passport. Seems rather redundant. But I suppose it would be another opportunity for someone to notice an anomaly in the BC. I don't think Willow would have too much trouble with the background check, at least not as to her identity. She's apparently been living under this identity her entire life. So there would be records of schooling, her places of residence, drivers license, etc. and it would be complete. Background checks rarely even look into juvenile records.

ETA: I looked it up. The web site says a passport and "one other form of identification." The example given is a drivers license. Presumably, Willow has a drivers licenses since we've seen her in a car.
          Last edited by rkm137; March 16, 2022, 12:58 PM.

• OLTL'69
          OLTL'69 commented
          Editing a comment
          Yes when I looked up getting married in Niagara Falls both the NY and Ontario said two pieces of ID but that could include driver's license or State ID )or the Ontario equalavent for non drivers) plus a pass port or official BC
      • parker joe
        I Let My Evil Twin Post For Me
        • Feb 2005

I can't believe this stupid plot point. If Michael's contacts couldn't find a record of her birth, then you're telling me that when you present a birth certificate anywhere, there's absolutely NO verification done?

Comment

• OLTL'69
          OLTL'69 commented
          Editing a comment
          I don't think that they go all over the country to check every time someone gets married or a passport. People do use false documents we hear about it all the time on soaps Sonny had a guy to make papers for Dev. We have had lots of people using other names

If someone can make a believable fake B.C. I totally believe that it could work. Then once she gets a passport she won't need the BC that much
      • believeinme246
        Aspiring soap scribe
        • Jan 2015

Originally posted by parker joe View Post
        I can't believe this stupid plot point. If Michael's contacts couldn't find a record of her birth, then you're telling me that when you present a birth certificate anywhere, there's absolutely NO verification done?
        There absolutely is if they apply for the Global Entry program or recertification. You have to bring a copy of your birth certificate to apply and there are background checks that are done.

Comment

• KateQ22003
          KateQ22003 commented
          Editing a comment
          Not sure what the "global entry program" is, but nothing trumps a passport for identification. I have a passport, haven't used my birth certificate since marriage, and have never been asked for it in all my international travels.
          Last edited by KateQ22003; March 16, 2022, 02:17 PM.

• xoregonian
          xoregonian commented
          Editing a comment
          It's very difficult to apply real life laws and rules to soaps. They can just do whatever they want, make up any little thing.

I think the passport is going to lead to some sort of trouble, or like the other poster said, another tiny step to making Harmony fess up about not being her mother.

• believeinme246
          believeinme246 commented
          Editing a comment
          KateQ22003, look up US Customs and Border Protection. There are different programs that frequent travelers use in ADDITION to the minimum of their passport to make their experience easier. FBI checks happen behind the scenes. That is way beyond a passport and definitely trumps it, but it is supplemental, not instead of.
      • barneysms
        Aspiring soap scribe
        • May 2006

The time for anything to happen to Willow would of been when she used the fake birth certificate to get the passport. Not after she has if.

Comment

• DeeCanada
          Recurring Poster
          • Nov 2006

Excuse me, but if the forger is that great, I need his number. I'd like to shave 30 years off of my birth certificate...

Comment

Google Matched Content

Collapse

Bottom of Page

Collapse
          Working...
          X