Ad Below Title

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GH’s shift in focusing on the women of Port Charles

Over the last few months, I’ve noticed that this show is now primarily about the women and their stories versus being driven by the male character.

I think it is all for the better. Laura, Anna, Felicia, Maxie, Ava Joss, Trina, Carly among others are now firmly is the spotlight now just supporting male driven stories.

Im liking this a lot!

I like it too and I’m glad the mob is practically none existent at this point

Comment

• Kristabell
      Kristabell commented
      Editing a comment
      It's there it just isn't the primary focus! I do know Ms Wu should be back very soon!

• earlygher
      earlygher commented
      Editing a comment
      Even the mob story is refreshing with a kick### woman around!!!

I thought about this when Felicia saved Maxi.

Comment

It is a nice shift in focus - and is ot necessarily new: I remember when Sam was newly widowed, still fiesty, and saved Silas Clay's butt several times.....
      My only complaint is regarding Felicia going on a mission again.
      This was her problem when her daughters were growing up, but, yes, Felicia saved Maxie from Peter.
      Mac is on the mend - having survived a gunshot wound and long hospitalization and yet Felicia is on the road again! Just like before? Reverting to previous type? Is Maxie supposed to go - well gee, there goes Gramma again, just like aways.....

My guess is that the records that Anna is looking for are either gone, or someone in the office will notify Victor (he seems to have plants everywhere) and so Felicia's diversion plan will fail.

Just my two cents - I love to see strong women on the show, but Felicia is reverting to what casued problems between her and Maxie to begin with....

Comment

• Carablue
        Carablue commented
        Editing a comment
        Maxie is a grown woman, and her Mother doesn't need to conform the stereotypical grandmother and always be available to babysit etc. Felicia is neither old nor retired. I think it's terrific she & Anna are going on a Girls Own Adventure together.

Loving the increased focus on the women. We're finally seeing the vets (Anna, Felicia, Laura, and even Ava) written as the strong, independent women we love (sure hope these are the ones to take Victor down). Maxie stood up to Peter. Liz is finally getting a storyline. We even learned Epiphany wanted to be a Doctor and saw her away from the nurses' station and on a "date" with Marshall. Britt and Liesl are beginning to take charge. So refreshing that they are not all damsels in distress waiting for super Jason in his cape!

Comment

Even Jordan came back to town, ready to step back into her job title, rendering Mac to be the cooing Grandpa, if we get to see that at all. Social security ladies Anna, and soon to be, Felicia, get to go overseas, leaving antique Robert, and, takes too long to get well, Mac, back at the house...

Comment

• AMHardulak
          AMHardulak commented
          Editing a comment
          ^^I am just grateful to have these amazing Vets on my screen!

As a strong professional woman, I most enjoy seeing strong professional women on this show. The damsel in distress with Jason saving Sam, Sonny and Jason saving Carly and everyone else never worked for me. When the woman banded together to collude about Ryan's kidney to save Jordan, that was a great moment for me. When Peter went down due to Maxie, Felicia, and Anna, that was a great moment to me.

I really hope that this keeps up. I hated the years when our faves were dumbed down so that Jason could ultimately save the day or so Carson could win in a disagreement. I never cared for that formula.

Comment

Originally posted by OLTLBoomer View Post
          It is a nice shift in focus - and is ot necessarily new: I remember when Sam was newly widowed, still fiesty, and saved Silas Clay's butt several times.....
          This was her problem when her daughters were growing up, but, yes, Felicia saved Maxie from Peter.
          Mac is on the mend - having survived a gunshot wound and long hospitalization and yet Felicia is on the road again! Just like before? Reverting to previous type? Is Maxie supposed to go - well gee, there goes Gramma again, just like aways.....

My guess is that the records that Anna is looking for are either gone, or someone in the office will notify Victor (he seems to have plants everywhere) and so Felicia's diversion plan will fail.

Just my two cents - I love to see strong women on the show, but Felicia is reverting to what casued problems between her and Maxie to begin with....
          Felicia's daughter is a grown woman with children and a potential boyfriend. Her daughter has a life of her own. She doesn't need her mother to be joined at her hip. Other characters on the show do not live in the same city as their adult children, so why can't Felicia have a life? Her daughter is grown with family of her own. Maxie does not even life in the same town as her own daughter. It's not norma/healthy for Maxie, who is a grown woman with children of her own and a love interest, to want her mother joined at her hip. That would make her weak, dependent, immature and clingy. But that is not Maxie. Maxie is a strong and independent woman, just like her mother.
          Last edited by Ginuwine; March 10, 2022, 04:17 PM.

Comment

• CarnyQueen
            CarnyQueen commented
            Editing a comment
            I totally agree that Felicia gets to live her own life and do whatever she wants. Maxie is indeed a grown woman. But Maxie does now live in the same town as Georgie. Spinelli and Ellie moved back to the Port Charles area so that Ellie could take a job in Queens Point, before Spinelli and Ellie split. Even if Spinelli has a house in Queens Point, it's still close enough to Port Charles that he is regularly able to watch James while he has Georgie,

But what's wrong with that? Robin probably says the same about Ana, Robert and Mac. They are not in the same town with Robin and they go off on missions. Most people with parents who are Policemen, Doctors, Nurses, Detectives, Airline Stewardess, Truck Drivers, FBI Agents, Military people probably say the same thing. Are those people not allowed to work or hve a life because they have adult children with their own lives? Laura is not with Lucky or Lulu. Laura goes off on missions. Tracy is not with Ned or Dillion. Bobbie is not with Lucas or Carly. Alexis and Sonny are not with Kristina or Molly. Most people do not live with their adult children. Carly does not live with Michael.
          Last edited by Ginuwine; March 10, 2022, 04:25 PM.

Comment

It's nice to see strong women on the show, like, Felicia, Laura, Ana, and Maxie. Bravo GH!

Comment

But Felicia has been doing nothing but babysitting Maxie's kids for 10 years, if anything, I can see Maxie going - well, gee, Gramma has been babysitting for me consistently for 10 years straight. So it's nice to see her getting out of the house and having a life of her own. And I agree.

Comment

IMO it’s been like this since Sonny’s presumed death and Carly stepping in to take over the business. She, Laura, Ava, and others teamed up to take Cyrus down.

Comment

Dear Ginuwine: Your points of adult children to the characters are well taken. However, your arguments are not what I mentioned.
                  Felicia is reverting to her time as an operative and leaving her family when they need her. That was the basis of the fall out between Felicia and Maxie for a long time and it was addressed plenty in the PA Story line. Yes, Felicia saved Maxie. Her actions did pay off and no one was hurt in the process.
                  But - Mac is now home recovering from a gunshot wound. He was worried sick about her the entire time she was gone, because it has been a long time since she was an operative (which he pointed out). Mac wants her at home with him - and what is wrong with that? My husband ( and probably most husbands) would pitch a fit if they were home from a GSW with a prolonged hospitalization and their wife wants to go off on a trip that she literally has no business making, becuase she is no longer an operative. This is not a life of her own, as you call it. Victor is not to be trifled with as we all have seen - a hit on Laura, that she foiled? Luke is dead along with collateral deaths? The Ice Princess missing? and Felicia was not deputized by the PCPD, or the WSB to do this.

I am looking at what I see unfolding on the screen. There is nothing wrong with strong women.
                  My opinion - I have a problem with Felicia wanting to run off at a moments notice to go "play" spy, which what she is doing - being the diversion for Anna's sleuthing, when her husband has just survived a near death experieince and wants her home.
                  This behavior is what that caused problems for Felicia early on and she is reverting to type again.

Comment

Dear Ginuwine: Your points of adult children to the characters are well taken. However, your arguments are not what I mentioned.
                    Felicia is reverting to her time as an operative and leaving her family when they need her. That was the basis of the fall out between Felicia and Maxie for a long time and it was addressed plenty in the PA Story line. Yes, Felicia saved Maxie. Her actions did pay off and no one was hurt in the process.
                    But - Mac is now home recovering from a gunshot wound. He was worried sick about her the entire time she was gone, because it has been a long time since she was an operative (which he pointed out). Mac wants her at home with him - and what is wrong with that?
                    Nothing's wrong with that. But he wanted Felicia at home because he was worried about her, but he changed his mind and decided that Felicia can handle herself. Plus, Ana will be there with her. Mac will be fine. He has his big brother there to keep him company. Mac knows that Felicia is doing this for her family. And he seems pretty proud of her.

My husband ( and probably most husbands) would pitch a fit if they were home from a GSW with a prolonged hospitalization and their wife wants to go off on a trip that she literally has no business making, becuase she is no longer an operative. This is not a life of her own, as you call it. Victor is not to be trifled with as we all have seen - a hit on Laura, that she foiled? Luke is dead along with collateral deaths? The Ice Princess missing? and Felicia was not deputized by the PCPD, or the WSB to do this.
                    Felicia is a detective and she is use to dangerous situations, just like Mac is use to dangerous situations. But Felicia is doing this to avenge her family and I see nothing wrong with that. And, apparently, Mac sees nothing wrong with it. In fact, he understands.

I am looking at what I see unfolding on the screen. There is nothing wrong with strong women.
                    My opinion - I have a problem with Felicia wanting to run off at a moments notice to go "play" spy, which what she is doing - being the diversion for Anna's sleuthing, when her husband has just survived a near death experieince and wants her home.
                    This behavior is what that caused problems for Felicia early on and she is reverting to type again.
                    Again, Felicia is a detective and her husband is fine with it and understands. He knows he has a strong and independent woman and that's what I want to see. I don't want to see Felicia sitting around babysitting. This is a soap and I want to see her living her life just like others on the show are allowed to do.
                    Last edited by Ginuwine; March 10, 2022, 06:18 PM.

Comment

I'm excited about Felicia and Anna's upcoming adventure! I wish Laura could go with them!

Comment

Google Matched Content

Collapse

Bottom of Page

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X