Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Why is Ryan in a minimum security facility in the first place?

Collapse

Ad Below Title

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • njsoaplover
    Board Regular
    • Feb 2014

Why is Ryan in a minimum security facility in the first place?

If he's in prison it should be max security, or with his dangerous history and his convictions, if it was ruled he was mentally impaired, at the very least he should be where Heather is.
  • littleliz
    I Let My Evil Twin Post For Me
    • Nov 2016

OMG I've been saying that for months and no one responds. This whole thing is has not even one second
    of believability. Everyone should be so sick of Ryan. Now he is back with a daughter. I will not watch this.
    This isn't Dark Shadows. Ryan has run his course. The doctors must not be good at all if he can fool them.
    A padded cell too good for him and they can put Kevin next to him.

Comment

• littleliz
      littleliz commented
      Editing a comment
      So agree maybe she will do him in finally.

• GHWATCH
      GHWATCH commented
      Editing a comment
      Dark shadows?

• rkm137
      rkm137 commented
      Editing a comment
      Awww, man. Now I miss Dark Shadows.

... And Port Charles and it's nut bag Vampires and Angels story arch. Not Barnabas Collins and Angelique, but fun.
  • griffin12
    Recurring Poster
    • Feb 2017

He is in a minimum security because the doctors are idiots. He has fooled them all into thinking he is harmless. God forbid they should actually do some checking and how he has been able to fool the doctors before and escape from captivity.

Comment

• OLTLBoomer
      OLTLBoomer commented
      Editing a comment
      this ^^^^^. They moved him to minumum security due to the locked in syndrome. Kevin is suspicious, but so far has picked up on nothing. Ryan is that good at hiding/ reacting to the outside.
  • franron
    Aspiring soap scribe
    • Oct 2005

Ryan has to be somewhere that the rest of the cast also has reason to be.

Need some prisoners? Alexis, and Spencer, can be that. They will have visitors. They can all look at Ryan, across the room, sitting in his chair, so that the viewers won't forget about him.

Harmony needs something to do. Keep Ryan current, on the show, by making her his caretaker.

Hey, non-student Esme can get a coveted, school internship, and have reason to be there, too.

Comment

• GHWATCH
      GHWATCH commented
      Editing a comment
      It’s so stupid and ridiculous? they could have easily had Esme secretly visit him in a traditional prison.there was no reason for this dumb minimum security prison that looks like the mental ward Nina and Franco were in.
  • njsoaplover
    Board Regular
    • Feb 2014

Originally posted by griffin12 View Post
    He is in a minimum security because the doctors are idiots. He has fooled them all into thinking he is harmless. God forbid they should actually do some checking and how he has been able to fool the doctors before and escape from captivity.
    Even if that were true and those idiot doctors are incompetent, he still belongs in a long term permanent max security facility.

Comment

• griffin12
      griffin12 commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes definitely.
  • OLTL'69
    Aspiring soap scribe
    • Apr 2011

I just put a comment in the WTF thread how MANY of us were saying it was so wrong. And partly I don't care if he was really locked in because besides safety he deserved a "rough sentence" in a cell all alone most of the day.

Comment

• FLPeaches
      Contract Poster
      • Jul 2016

Originally posted by littleliz View Post
      OMG I've been saying that for months and no one responds. This whole thing is has not even one second
      of believability. Everyone should be so sick of Ryan. Now he is back with a daughter. I will not watch this.
      This isn't Dark Shadows. Ryan has run his course. The doctors must not be good at all if he can fool them.
      A padded cell too good for him and they can put Kevin next to him.
      I am completely sick of the character, too .... Please let him die - I don't even care how -
      and let Kevin keep Ryan's brain in another jar on his desk...

Book-ends

Comment

• DayRose
        Aspiring soap scribe
        • Oct 2020

I'm sick of Ryan! I hope by the end of the story Ava kills him!

Comment

• pattybk
          pattybk commented
          Editing a comment
          I sigh in disbelief every time he shows up. The acting may be great in this double role, but the character is truly repulsive. Wish the writers would move on already. And Esme, daughter or not really his daughter, is just as sadistic. We don't need these extremes to like a soap.
      • sesca
        Executive Poster
        • Mar 2011

If he was where he should be the story would be over because he wouldn't have access to anyone and everyone in PC.

I do hope that when this storyline is over Ryan is gone. His ability to get away with things has become beyond annoying.

Comment

• shoresense
          Contract Poster
          • Oct 2011

It’s been completely ridiculous that Ryan is in this facility. And what a shock. Esme is secretly working with Ryan and he has been faking Locked in Syndrome. Like we all didn’t see this coming.
          As far as Ryan’s being Esme’s father that could change.

Comment

• barneysms
            Aspiring soap scribe
            • May 2006

Everyone including Kevin that really know Ryan and what he's capable of have asked that question, but the powers that be in NY state corrections believe that Ryan has locked in syndrome.

Comment

• franron
              franron commented
              Editing a comment
              Whatever that is... Is he able to chew his food, spoon fed? Or, does he require nurse kind of people to move him around, keep up his hygiene, roll him over in bed, etc... To me, it doesn't seem like they would supply that kind of care in a minimum security prison, where one goes to be 'grounded', for awhile.

• OLTL'69
              OLTL'69 commented
              Editing a comment
              Yes I was just thinking that they are more likely to have those services in the type of prison where one gets sent to for life

• Laura Luke
              Laura Luke commented
              Editing a comment
              He should be in the same prison as Hannible Lecter
          • Jackaled
            Aspiring soap scribe
            • Nov 2007

First off if Ryan was really "locked in" and they bring him to the visitor room wouldn;t he have round the clock care. not just wheel him there then leave him alone?

Even locked in he is dangerous?

Why is anyone and everyone allowed in to Spring Ridge to visit anyways.

Plus with all the awful things Ryan has done isnt; leaving him alone in the visitor room a danger to Ryan in his supposed defenseless state..Anyone could do him in very easily right there...

IT is just silly so is Spring Ridge a min security prison.. if so why is a mentally dangerous person there in the first place. Wouldn;t Ryan be a facility for the criminally Insane..not just hanging out in the visitors room of the local min security place where anyone from town can drop in at a moments notice..

Comment

• CarnyQueen
              I Let My Evil Twin Post For Me
              • Mar 2006

I suppose the official line is that Ryan is in a minimum-security facility prison because he was deemed to be so physically incapacitated that he isn't a threat, and it would be difficult to care for him in a maximum-security prison.

The real reason is all plot point.

GH never does anything remotely realistic when it comes to the criminal-justice system, so why would they start with Ryan?

My most recent WTF? was Spencer texting Trina from Spring Ridge. Inmate aren't allowed to keep cellphones and communicate with whomever they want at any time. So unless he has a contraband phone, which could get him in serious trouble if he is caught, this is ridiculous.

Comment

• franron
                franron commented
                Editing a comment
                The part that I don't get is... Victor somehow got Spencer out to go visit his mom's grave. Was that unauthorized, no paper as an official pass? He dived into the bushes at the graveyard when Jordan strolled by, like he sneaked out and couldn't afford to get busted. Did he have a driver, or, is the cemetery right across the street from everywhere, Spring Ridge included? No regular head counts to account for where their prisoners are at, in that prison?
            • varnish7
              Board Regular
              • Mar 2004

Kevin said at the start of the locked in storyline that they were temporarily moving Ryan to a minimum security prison until they could figure out how to handle his care long term. I guess it would make some sense that it would take awhile to find a nursing home willing to take Ryan.

Personally, I'm annoyed they went the "Ryan's been faking it the whole time" route. How? Ryan didn't know he was going to be stabbed. So, he woke up from a coma and instantly put this plan into effect? Not to mention, Ryan was examined by trained doctors . It's not like they said "Ryan do you have locked in syndrome? Blink once for "yes". In fact, Kevin flat out told Ava, Nikolas, and Laura that Ryan's tests showed that he had damage to his pons, which would account for his paralysis. The only explanation I can think of is that Ryan was genuinely out of it when he first woke up. However, he quickly regained his senses, realized that everyone thought he was a turnip, and decided to use it to his advantage. He then secretly contacted Esme, who came to GH to fake the medical tests for him.

I would have mentioned the sheer discipline it would take for Ryan to remain completely still for over a year. However, Spring Ridge has apparently chosen not to install security cameras in the prisoners' cells, so Ryan had plenty of opportunities to do a few stretching exercises before continuing the charade.

Comment

• wfreshie2130
                wfreshie2130 commented
                Editing a comment
                YES!!!!! why n security security cameras ? should be a hidden one in his room because of ryans history to make sure he isn't faking
            • DayRose
              Aspiring soap scribe
              • Oct 2020

Why is Ryan in a minimum security prison? That's the million dollar question. It's just plain stupid!

Comment

Google Matched Content

Collapse

Bottom of Page

Collapse
              Working...
              X