• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • awoltl4
    Senior Board Member
    • Aug 2011

I’m sick of Carly and her whining about Nina and Sonny! [Merged]

Carly has told so many people about the ONS of Nina and Sonny. I won’t be surprised when she starts telling the bar workers at MC, the mail man, the milk man, her doctor and etc... Her scenes are the same thing every day in that she is telling someone else about Nina and Sonny. I just want to yell at the tv shut up Carly!! She is getting on my last nerve. Carly has cheated on Sonny numerous times herself but you didn’t see Sonny broadcasting it across PC!!
  • LadyScorpio2
    Board Regular
    • Jul 2016

Same here. I get that Carly is mad; I would be too, but she is getting on my last nerve and I just FF through her scenes. I have no desire to listen to her screech or whine about her life in every episode. Does she realize that her telling everyone she crosses paths with that Sonny slept with Nina might wind up hurting their children in the long run?

Comment

• perky7kc
      Scriptwriter
      • Apr 2006

ITA They even needed to bring on poor Felix because they were running out of people for her to tell. Speaking of telling people, do the writers really want us to believe that Sam and Britt care about Carly’s problems. This is the woman who kept Jason from them and at her beck and call. GMAB

Comment

• couplingchick
        couplingchick commented
        Editing a comment
        Carly never kept Jason from them … Jason just always put Carly first.. but that’s on him. Britt knew Carly and Jason were a packaged deal technically from the start and that their history goes back years and isn’t just some fling like she had with Jason recently so I can’t have sympathy for Britt honestly and what she may or may not of lost lol.

• lala214
        lala214 commented
        Editing a comment
        Right??!! That is why I will never buy into Sam and Carly being friends. They are not friends. If Sam thinks Carly is her friend, she's a fool! If Sam died, Carly wouldn't give two craps!! Those two are NOT friends!
    • AMK
      Board Regular
      • Jan 2018

I'm so tired of seeing Nina gloat to her family and friend Ava about getting one on Carly - A group of people who rejoice at seeing Nina going after a married man and not tell her she's wrong for doing that. Carly, on the other hand, doesn't go around volunteering her business to everyone, her family and friends are the ones asking and pushing for her to tell them because they love and care about her and want to support her. This problem isn't all about Sonny cheating, this is about him lying and manipulating his wife, betraying his son, and defending the woman responsible for the start of all this. Carly was about to give Sonny another chance, but Sonny couldn't wait to find out why she didn't show up, I mean, he could have thought she had an accident, he just decided to sleep with a woman who helped him destroy his marriage instead. If the bar workers, mail man, milk man, her doctor, etc., want to know what happened, it's because they care about Carly and want to support her, unlike Nina, her family and friends don't care enough to tell her the truth and guide her right. This just shows how much Carly is loved and cared for by many people, where Nina only has a hand full to misguide her, the only real friend she had was Jax; he told her the truth and advised to stay away from Sonny - So, really, she only has one real and one sick friend, Jax and Sonny - that says a lot about her.
      Last edited by AMK; February 16, 2022, 08:24 PM.

Comment

• McShirls
        McShirls commented
        Editing a comment
        What an excellent post. I concur wholeheartedly.

• DVX
        DVX commented
        Editing a comment
        My problem with the story is it doesn't track. Carly and Sonny have been lying, cheating and manipulating each other for decades. The read I'm getting on Carly is that she's just mad that her love (Jason) is gone and Nina isn't. To be clear, I don't think that is what the writers are intending! But Carly is not acting like Carly. So my brain keeps going there... that she is long over Sonny.

• Fightcrab
        Fightcrab commented
        Editing a comment
        Sonny did not want to find his family under excuses that he had amnesia or they did not look for him. He saved the whole town from crooks, was capable of looking into other people's backgrounds, but not his own. Its his fault that his marriage is suffering.
    • RoccoG1996
      Recurring Poster
      • May 2019

I completely agree, She wallow’s around in self pity wanting revenge against Nina, when in fact get revenge on Sonny. She is really getting on my last nerves acting as if she is entitled because Sonny sleep with another woman. Get over it take Sonny to the cleaners and move on.

Comment

• RoccoG1996
        Recurring Poster
        • May 2019

Originally posted by AMK View Post
        I'm so tired of seeing Nina gloat to her family and friend Ava about getting one on Carly - A group of people who rejoice at seeing Nina going after a married man and not tell her she's wrong for doing that. Carly, on the other hand, doesn't go around volunteering her business to everyone, her family and friends are the ones asking and pushing for her to tell them because they love and care about her and want to support her. This problem isn't all about Sonny cheating, this is about him lying and manipulating his wife, betraying his son, and defending the woman responsible for the start of all this. Carly was about to give Sonny another chance, but Sonny couldn't wait to find out why she didn't show up, I mean, he could have thought she had an accident, he just decided to sleep with a woman who helped him destroy his marriage instead. If the bar workers, mail man, milk man, her doctor, etc., wants to know what happened, it's because they care about Carly and want to support her, unlike Nina, her family and friends don't care enough to tell her the truth and guide her right. This just shows how much Carly is loved and cared for by many people, where Nina only has a hand full to misguide her, the only real friend she had was Jax; he told her the truth and advised to stay away from Sonny - So, really, she only has/had one friend, and that says a lot about her.
        I am not gloating over Nina sleeping with a married man, I just don’t like Carly so if she suffers a little bit I’m all for it.,

Comment

• Shellyinphx
          Look! Up in the sky! It's a Super Moderator!
          • Mar 2004

I don't think she's told nearly enough people, I actually appreciate that she's being honest about it.

Also I don't think Carly has cheated multiple times. The last time she slept with jax night have counted but I don't run her and Sonny were actually together then. She's not the chronic cheater who can't wait an hour before jumping on the closet person
          Shelly, Moderator
          soapcentral.com

Email Me

How sad it is that we give up on people who are just like us.- Mr. Rogers.

Comment

• Shellyinphx
            Shellyinphx commented
            Editing a comment
            I can blame Nina all i want. I think she's pathetic for being okay with the scraps Sonny is sending her way. That has nothing to do with Sonny being a chronic cheater. I don't think it makes carly look anywhere near as foolish as Nina. Sonny has never outright said he wants Nina yet she follows him like a puppy anyways

• Lisa58
            Lisa58 commented
            Editing a comment
            I agree. Carly isn't running around telling people. People are asking, plain and simple. Sonny couldn't take knowing that Carly wasn't coming to meet him even after Carly had told him time after time that she needs time and space to figure things out. Sonny just hears what he wants to hear and thinks what he wants to think...he really doesn't listen and hear what the other person says and his thoughts are not changed just because somebody is telling them that they cannot abide by what he wants "right at this minute in time". So Sonny just does the "pity party" and jumps in bed with the one person that was the worse person for him to jump into bed with just because Carly didn't show up.

As far as who is blabbing about what all has happened....Carly is only talking about it to people who know what is going on and also know that something is wrong....Sonny....I just lying his butt off about the night.

• Fightcrab
            Fightcrab commented
            Editing a comment
            @perky7kc
            Agree. Sonny is a cheater and he did not want to find his family in NF. He loved being free man and no stress.
        • SAMLEXIS FAN
          Aspiring soap scribe
          • Mar 2008

So am I. Carly is so annoying. And that's one of the reasons I find her annoying. Carly can cheat on Sonny & that's okay. But Sonny cheats on Carly, she acts like it's the end of the world. LOL!

Comment

• Shellyinphx
            Shellyinphx commented
            Editing a comment
            Also it was pointed out that sleeping with jax wasn't cheating because their marriage was over.

• Lisa58
            Lisa58 commented
            Editing a comment
            It's Sonny not Carly who is the serial cheater....

• Carablue
            Carablue commented
            Editing a comment
            I don't believe Carly has ever actually cheated on Sonny. The only time that comes close was the time with Jax, but she & Sonny were living in separate houses and she did wait longer than 45 minutes!
        • Sioban
          Scriptwriter
          • Aug 2009

I’m sick of Carly whining. I’m sick of Sonny whining. I’m sick of Michael whining. I’m sick of the Corinthos cult period. They are just a bunch of entitled bullies who dump on everyone around them, and then get all twee when someone looks at them askance.

OMG Carly, give your whining a rest! No one cares if Sonny was unfaithful to you for the millionth time! Think about what you did to YOUR MOTHER and how you blew up YOUR MOTHER’S life, and then say, wow, maybe I need to take a step back and look at my own behavior. And MY MOTHER forgave me! Nina owes me nothing, and fell in love (YUCK) with the scum that is Sonny, and this isn’t about revenge anymore but about (YUCK!) attraction to someone inappropriate. Maybe I, Carly, who can’t do any self reflection on the pain and suffering I’ve caused countless people, should just wipe the slate clean and let’s all move on.

Carly do that? Nah. She is too entitled and too selfish and too self centered. And for some reason she and Sonny need to be on our screens non stop despite the fact that they are both boring and mind numbing.

Comment

• believeinme246
            believeinme246 commented
            Editing a comment
            Sioban, I'm right there with you. Carly is such a loathsome character and has been for years. I don't care to hear her whining because I don't care for her to be central to this show. There are so many characters who I do care about and right now, pressing on my mind is how Maxie is surviving with Peter. So boo hoo. Something happened to you that you did to someone else. You were going to marry a man who you believed at one time had your son raped and he had to face that man day in and day out. So I don't like you. Go away.

• Lisa58
            Lisa58 commented
            Editing a comment
            There is such a thing as "not living in the past. Keep bringing up what Carly did to her mother decades ago is really reaching for excuses that really don't apply here. Carly and Sonny are grown mature adults now. They are old enough to be parents of the age of Carly when she 1st his PC. I would hope that people would agree that you can't keep hammering a person with things that happened well over 20+ years ago. That would be pathetic. In the here and now....Carly has really nothing to expain, whereas Sonny has a lot of explaining to do. His anemic behavior towards Nina is really questionable. If somebody betrayed him like that and hurt his family like Nina did...he would have been out for blood. He wouldn't be "protecting" them.
            I like both characters and have since day 1. So I have little to no complaints about them. I think of Carly as a strong, holds barred woman who lets you know where she stands whether you like it or not and is fearless when it comes to protecting those that she loves. I know that rubs a lot of people the wrong way.....a lot of people like the more passive characters..subtle...whatever. I like Carly's strength and street smarts. I love Josslyn....She is so much like Carly...she even looks like Carly. People that don't like the strong, outspoken, ambitious, self assured women obviously wouldn't like Carly and/or Joss.

• AnotherSonnyKid
            AnotherSonnyKid commented
            Editing a comment
            Lisa58 but people love to bring up what Carly did over 20 years ago. Not only that funny how when its brought up it is all Carly's fault for blowing up her mothers marriage yet when Nina is brought up its Sonny's fault for cheating on his wife which I actually do agree with it takes two to tango but why does that not seem to apply to Carly and Tony?

Also mother and daughter are different. You cant say look Carly's mom forgave her so why cant she forgive Nina and move on. Nina is nothing to Carly, sadly they share a grandson according to a necklace dna test but that is it. Also lets not pretend Carly was some middle aged woman doing that to her mom either, she was young and dumb not that it excuses it all but I am sure it played a factor. Nina is grown arse 40 something year old woman acting like a love struck teen at the moment all for a murdering mobster.
            Last edited by AnotherSonnyKid; February 18, 2022, 02:40 PM.
        • lala214
          Senior Board Member
          • Apr 2018

It's awful. She has literally been on every single day for the past three months complaining about the same thing. It's ridiculous. I know I'm in the minority but I can't stand it. GH favors the Corinthos clan way too much for my liking!

Comment

• perky7kc
            perky7kc commented
            Editing a comment
            You are not alone, sick of her on my screen saying the same thing.

• lala214
            lala214 commented
            Editing a comment
            KateQ22003 - Yes! I'm tired of ALL of them. I esp hate Carly, but all of them annoy me! This story needs to be shelved for two straight weeks! Give those who love it a chance to miss it, and those of us who hate it a much deserved break! lol

I'm glad it's not just me perky7kc ! Carly is beyond annoying, insufferable, hypocritical, and just obnoxious. CW's Nina is not as annoying to me.
            Last edited by lala214; February 17, 2022, 11:43 AM.

• SandyMcG0525
            SandyMcG0525 commented
            Editing a comment
            Carly is the lead female character, this is normal for female lead characters, guess you never watch the Erica Kane show or as some called it All My Children????
        • Lulubee
          Board Regular
          • May 2021

She has every right to be angry and heartbroken and feeling betrayed.

Comment

• Sioban
            Sioban commented
            Editing a comment
            Why? She doesn’t allow others to feel that way when she dumps all over them. And this behavior of Sonny’s is nothing new. Why is it suddenly surprising to her?

• lala214
            lala214 commented
            Editing a comment
            Fine. We don't need to see it EVERY SINGLE DAY!

• Lulubee
            Lulubee commented
            Editing a comment
            Because her husband cheated on her….

We see Carson a lot because they are one of the longest running characters and one of daytimes most popular supercouple. People are invested in this storyline one way or the other.
        • crazyaunt
          Board Regular
          • Oct 2017

I'm tired of her having a pity party every day. It's like she sees someone that she hasn't told her sad sad story to and bamm here we go again we get another Carly pity party.

Comment

• JackieChan
            Board Regular
            • Mar 2021

Correction: Carly has not cheated on Sonny “numerous” times. I’d argue they only time she truly “cheated” was when she kissed Alcazar. And Sonny told the whole town she was a whore and took her kids from her. That’s was absolutely broadcasting her “infidelity” .

Sleeping with Jax was not cheating because Sonny explicitly told Carly their marriage was over. That is significantly different than Carly’s request for space.

Comment

• Shellyinphx
              Shellyinphx commented
              Editing a comment
              Thank you. I was starting to think I remembered wrong
          • Emerald Greens
            Aspiring soap scribe
            • Feb 2006

Originally posted by LadyScorpio2 View Post
            Same here. I get that Carly is mad; I would be too, but she is getting on my last nerve and I just FF through her scenes. I have no desire to listen to her screech or whine about her life in every episode. Does she realize that her telling everyone she crosses paths with that Sonny slept with Nina might wind up hurting their children in the long run?
            Yes! I have been trying to watch her but it’s a drag and less frustrating to just ff. I understand she’s not happy about but you would think she was the most wronged woman in history. Tedious. I am thinking they split Sonny and Carly up in part to show them more. They can only do so much with a happy couple.

Comment

• ScrubsFan#1
              Scriptwriter
              • Sep 2012

I'm sick and tired of watching the script being flipped - and having Nina act like she is the VICTIM in this whole nightmare.

Carly doesn't even KNOW the whole truth yet. That Sonny was off his meds - and had a severe manic episode.

And he is STILL not right in the head yet.

I'm even more sick and tired of these writers have Sonny's whole family being SO UNAWARE.

They have been dealing with his illness for YEARS.

Now they can't even SEE IT when it's staring them right in the face.

This is just the most frustrating SL that GH has had since...........well ........the Wiley nightmare.

Comment

Google Matched Content

Collapse

Bottom of Page

Collapse
              Working...
              X