Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Michael and Joss need to mind their own business!

Collapse

Ad Below Title

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Michael and Joss need to mind their own business!

I understand Carly is their mother and her whole marriage to Sonny has been wrecked. Nina is no saint but these people have no right to judge anyone. Michael went after his brother’s wife, pretended to be Chase’s best friend but secretly in love with Willow. Joss is just coming into her own so the jury is still out on her, but she’s Carly and Jax’s daughter so she’s bound to follow in their footsteps. I am not defending Nina although I go hard for her but none of them has any right to judge Sonny and Nina’s affair.

And I want go into Carly’s many affairs over the years, Karma in my opinion.

Their family is their business.

Comment

• Fightcrab
      Fightcrab commented
      Editing a comment
      @Bellajewels
      Yes, as an independent adult he might've been OK, but he is not independent. He depends on Sonny and Qs to protect his family from mobsters. He is an entitled jerk, throwing his weight around, but he is a nobody without their support. JMO

• farmgirl
      farmgirl commented
      Editing a comment
      I agree Tinker Tailor, they are talking about their parents, how could they not care and not have opinions. The scenes between Michael and Joss were my favorite of the episode!

• kristendny
      kristendny commented
      Editing a comment
      The difference is Kristina inserted herself into that situation, and she not only misinterpreted Carly's response, she went running to Sonny with the misinformation that resulted in his hookup with Nina. I don't blame Kristina for Sonny's childish, pathetic reaction, but I don't see it as the same as Sonny telling Michael or Carly telling Joss and them having normal reactions.

I agree, at this point it is between Sonny and Carly and their marriage.

Comment

• AMK
      AMK commented
      Editing a comment
      Sonny brought someone into their marriage and Sonny together with that person hurt Carly. If this was just between Sonny and Carly and about something other than another woman, then I would agree that the kids should stay out of it, but in this case, hell no! Nina and Sonny has been hurting Carly without giving a damn about how this would affect her kids.

They are all a bunch of drama queens and really turn me off. I always laugh at people going after the other woman or the other man, because in reality, if a man is to be true, the other could dance naked around them and although they might be physically aroused, they would be really turned off that the other person is acting so shamelessly. The only person to blame is the spouse who took the vows.

Part of me thinks that this is supposed to be a karma story for Carly who went after Bobbie's husband and even tried to pass off a baby as his (committing an atrocity against another man who was really the father). Yet Carly and Bobbie have since made peace.

As such, I find it very hard to get into this storyline because every single one of them is acting like a jerk in their own way. No exceptions.

Comment

• AnotherSonnyKid
      AnotherSonnyKid commented
      Editing a comment
      believeinme246 Well its just the truth and I see it across social media not just here, sorry if you see it as "knocking posters" but I simply call it as I see it. Character bias, we are honestly all most likely guilty of it at one point or another, we all have ones we like and ones we don't and will find excuses for ones we like while tearing down others we don't like for whatever reason.

As far as Nelle being a young Carly, Nelle was a straight up evil psychopath nothing like a young Carly, writers can write what they want but I remember young Carly. It goes beyond Nelle by the way whenever something bad happens to Carly its "karma for Carly!"I dont particularly care for Carly but I think karma has been much more harder on her than most.
      Last edited by AnotherSonnyKid; February 18, 2022, 01:49 PM.

• believeinme246
      believeinme246 commented
      Editing a comment
      @AnotherSonnyKid, Actually Nelle came on a lot like Carly. So much in fact that many of us thought she was going to be Carly's daughter, although unless you have a contrived twist like Eterna, how could a woman not know that she gave birth. She went after the husband, got him into bed, targeted the family. It was only after CL decided to leave that her character was changed to straight up sociopath. The original Nelle was complex.

• AnotherSonnyKid
      AnotherSonnyKid commented
      Editing a comment
      believeinme246 I dont care what people thought of her when she came on at end of the day she was nothing like a young Carly end of story. Another poorly executed SL, what's new?Some are hits and others are misses. Also so what if the actress decided to leave? What does that have to do with anything? They have recast how many people? If the writers truly wanted to invest in this character they could have. Im not going to base my perception of Nelle off of what she was suppose to be , I base it off how she was ultimately written. To me seems like the truth is Nelle was a straight up socio/psychopath since day one she just hide it at the start , she had to in order to launch her attack not "oh she just become one because the actress was leaving".

I actually enjoy villains by the way and Nelle lacked any complexity she was so one dimensional a common complaint people had about her.

Also just do you know when you put the , after my name like that for some reason I am not getting notification that you responded. Why I have no clue.
      Last edited by AnotherSonnyKid; February 18, 2022, 05:37 PM.

When has Sonny ever minded his own business? Or, Nina?

Michael and Joss have every right to express their feelings to Sonny, Carly and Nina. These people don’t live in a bubble. Nina’s lie affected the whole family because their grief was real. Sonny betraying Carly hurts their mother.

Comment

My mother had 2 divorces and they were both my business. Why can't a mother count on her grown adult children for support? Especially since Carly has done nothing wrong. A divorce is the whole families business. Not Avery or Donna of course.

Comment

It is absolutely their business since Nina is destroying their family. They get to have opinions and feelings about that. And this is about more than the recent sexual affair. It began with Nina lying to them and keeping Sonny from they while she started an affair with him. Remember her making sure Joss, Trina, and Jax stayed away from Sonny in NF? Remember when she visited Wiley while keeping Michael from his dad? It is their business.

Comment

• CashierJudy
          CashierJudy commented
          Editing a comment
          Yup. I stood up and cheered at Michael's dialog to Sonny today! Wow, he nailed it. Sonny deserved every word of it. What he did was inexcusable.

• lala214
          lala214 commented
          Editing a comment
          They are overgrown and should be worried about their own pathetic lives!

It is their business of course there is a limit to how much of the business is theirs. BUt Hey Sonny would have been glad to have Michael take HIS side.

Comment

• sstanley
          sstanley commented
          Editing a comment
          I agree with you. To an extent it's their business. Just because they're both adults they should be told the truth. Avery and Donna though? Not their business. They're to young to even begin to understand. But Michael and Joss... they do deserve to know why their Mother is hurting.

Way to go Michael!!! I loved it when he stood up to Sonny - it almost knocked him back into his old self. The Mike sap was temporarily stilted. It was a great scene. This effects the whole family and I for one am glad they are showing that part of divorce.

Comment

• believeinme246
          believeinme246 commented
          Editing a comment
          Michael is at his strongest and most interesting when he stands up to Sonny. He has fire!

• farmgirl
          farmgirl commented
          Editing a comment
          I agree, I absolutely love how Michael stood up to Sonny!!!!!!!!

Their lack of perfection doesn't mean that they cannot be hurt.

Also, their father is sleeping with the woman that allowed them to think that he was dead.

This impacts them as well.

Comment

• Wanda Wolek
          Wanda Wolek commented
          Editing a comment
          Sonny is only Joss's stepfather, which I know you know. But it's only Michael's father who was sleeping with the woman who allowed them to think Sonny was dead. Joss can love Sonny like a dad, but her father is Jax and always will be.

• thecourt99
          thecourt99 commented
          Editing a comment
          Yes, Joss loves Sonny like a father, and she is reacting as such. This impacts them.

• Eve S Dropper
          Eve S Dropper commented
          Editing a comment
          Joss hated Sonny when he had Jax deported when he was on the outs with Carly the last time around. I remember her as a young teen asking Carly would Carly ever want Joss to be with a man who treated her as horribly as Sonny treats Carly? Great scene, but Carly was in make up with Sonny mode and dragged Joss to live with him anyway. Joss eventually forgave Sonny and warmed up to him and then began to love him as a step-father. So yes, she has every reason now to be hurt and angry that he has returned to his old ways and once again hurt her mother and torn the family apart.

Originally posted by RoccoG1996
        I understand Carly is their mother and her whole marriage to Sonny has been wrecked. Nina is no saint but these people have no right to judge anyone. Michael went after his brother’s wife, pretended to be Chase’s best friend but secretly in love with Willow. Joss is just coming into her own so the jury is still out on her, but she’s Carly and Jax’s daughter so she’s bound to follow in their footsteps. I am not defending Nina although I go hard for her but none of them has any right to judge Sonny and Nina’s affair.

And I want go into Carly’s many affairs over the years, Karma in my opinion.
        If Sonny and Carly have shared what happened it became their business. And they have every right to judge them. If I found out one of my parents walked in on the other one in bed with someone else, especially one that has hurt my family, right or wrong I would sure as hell judge them.

Comment

I love when Michael protects his mother and yells at his dad. Love the dirty look Joss gave Sonny when she left hahahaha. If looks could kill! Hahaha yeah Sonny you would be So dead.

Comment

• Bellajewels
            Bellajewels commented
            Editing a comment
            CashierJudy you're absolutely correct. I think it's interesting, being a soap viewer, that more often than not it's the reality in a situation that draws us to the show. Complex emotions and reactions. Far more than unrealistic plots strewn together by dramatic moments. Despite the outlandish reason for the family crumbling what keeps me periodically tuning in is watching an accurate representation of a family shattering and how no one escapes it. The emotions are complicated and messy but whose emotions aren't. I like seeing that more than rival mobs in an endless dispute over coffee territory.

Yes, most definitely, I agree. Michael & Joss need to stay out of it. Michael has no room to talk since he was having sex with Willow behind Chase's back while they were married. And Joss aka Carly, Jr. is beyond annoying just like her mother.

Comment

Actually the older children being impacted by the infidelity and upcoming divorce is the first realistic part of this story. You are darned right kids are impacted by divorce and certainy by one of their parents being humiliated and hurt. That's reality. I'm glad that they showed it. And bravo to both Joss and Michael for dissing Sonny. He harmed their mom. Way to go kids!

Comment

• CashierJudy
              CashierJudy commented
              Editing a comment
              perky7kc But Carly isn't your mom. Age isn't an issue. Sonny is not Joss's father. Jax is. And so seeing her mother broken hearted, she naturally will sympathize with her mom. And I cannot STAND Carly. She is a screeching banchee! The particular person isn't the issue. It's the fact that grown kids ARE affected by divorce and the breakup of a family.

• Bellajewels
              Bellajewels commented
              Editing a comment
              CashierJudy so much respect for seeing the bigger issue beyond the character you dislike. It takes a lot to put aside your personal feelings and look at a situation objectively and I absolutely applaud your ability to see beyond your dislike for Carly and to recognize the simple human element to the story. Imagine if there are adults in here who have been similarly affected by infidelity in their parents marriage and reading over and over that they were in the wrong for being angry over it. It must be awful.

• CashierJudy
              CashierJudy commented
              Editing a comment
              Bellajewels thanks. She is my 2nd ot the least fave character on the show. LOL But I think as far-out as this story is, the realism is now shown in the way it effects the family. We are human and we react to seeing our mom hurt. We react to seeing our parents fight and split. We react. It's realism.
              Once in a while the GH writers get it right. I think this is one of those times.

Carly's kids are loyal to Carly. That's not such a surprise really. Ultimately it's between Sonny and Carly but I see no problem with Carly's kids voicing their support for Carly.

Comment

Google Matched Content

Collapse

Bottom of Page

Collapse
            Working...
            X