• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • flygirlnz
    Board Regular
    • Jan 2009

Trina needs a guy of her own

It is awful the way the show has had a beautiful young woman like Trina as a fifth wheel in this whole Spenser, Esme and gang storyline. Esme even poisoned her!!! I want to see a new gorgeous boyfriend for Trina ASAP!
  • DayRose
    Aspiring soap scribe
    • Oct 2020

Sadly I think Spencer is going to be for her down the road. Until then she'll be alone. I don't want Spencer for her but I think that's what's going to happen. Esme can't stay forever.

Comment

• Rogue_29
      Senior Board Member
      • Apr 2012

I'd really like to see a love interest for Trina. I think she might end up with Spencer eventually, but for now, pair her with someone new.

Comment

• xoregonian
        Aspiring soap scribe
        • Feb 2014

They've talked about Oscar twice now. I say bring back Oscar, or his twin brother (lots of twins in that family). Maybe the guy who played Oscar is available right now. Did his music career ever take off?

There needs to be another guy anyway. I know they're heading for a Trina/Spencer. But then what to do with Esme? I heard she's sticking around.

Comment

• sneekee1
          sneekee1 commented
          Editing a comment
          Not an Oscar twin. That would result in a love triangle between Oscar 2.0, Josh and Cam, leaving Trina out in the could once again. The man for Trina has to be new and hopefully not related to anyone on the current canvas. An intern at ELQ or a someone from Spencer boarding school past.

• xoregonian
          xoregonian commented
          Editing a comment
          Doesn't matter, they are totally going to put Trina with Spencer. Spencer seems so in love with her.

Now that Drew is back and they are talking about his dead son so much, I just expect a twin to show up. That would shake up Joss and Cam, and they always get the storylines.
      • MeTyme
        Senior Board Member
        • Jan 2020

Yes. I don’t want her with Spencer. They were ruined with all his lies.
        fresh start for Trina.

Comment

• thecourt99
          Aspiring soap scribe
          • Jun 2008

I see that Spencer is the goal for her, but I need for Spencer to grow himself first. Trina doesn't need a project. She needs a partner.

and while Spencer is making himself better, Trina needs to experience something of her own. I also hate the 5th wheel that they have for her. Yes, I know the actress is in school, but she's not the only one and they seem to make accommodations for the others.

Comment

• franron
            Aspiring soap scribe
            • Oct 2005

It's as though Trina is in school, goes to class, but doesn't know any other kids to hang out with. No hot guy in any of her art classes, who caught her eye. Kids with the same interests as her. Goes to study and have coffee with those kids. She dumps all her new college acquaintances to go hang with her childhood friends....

Comment

• BigCheddar2
              BigCheddar2 commented
              Editing a comment
              Trina's only other friend outside of Joss and Cam is her boss, Ava.

• Quinoa
              Quinoa commented
              Editing a comment
              They should explore that. Trina having a hard time socially and making friends.
          • Emerald Greens
            Aspiring soap scribe
            • Feb 2006

Originally posted by franron View Post
            It's as though Trina is in school, goes to class, but doesn't know any other kids to hang out with. No hot guy in any of her art classes, who caught her eye. Kids with the same interests as her. Goes to study and have coffee with those kids. She dumps all her new college acquaintances to go hang with her childhood friends....
            They could bring on an art dealer and he or she could have a son or nephew that Trina meets at the gallery .

Comment

• DayRose
              DayRose commented
              Editing a comment
              That's a great idea!

• Emerald Greens
              Emerald Greens commented
              Editing a comment
              I don’t know why they don’t do something like this for Trina . It’s hard for me to see Esme get a love interest if that’s what they want it to be and drive a lot if the action with the younger set . Trina has real interests that has nothing to do with manipulating people or getting money or a guy . I would at least like for Trina to have friends and a boyfriend outside that group.

• BigCheddar2
              BigCheddar2 commented
              Editing a comment
              To build on that - maybe the kid knows Spencer and Esme from boarding school and "met" Trina at Spencer's party. It would be interesting to hear from someone else who knew Esme from school
          • BigCheddar2
            Day Player
            • May 2021

Or fake that she has a life outside of just school and the gallery - something! Have her come home to Joss and Cam and complaining about a so-so date. Have her meet up with the gang after she just left her study group, or met them for coffee or something just before she's heading out on a date. I guess I just want it to feel like it's more her choosing to hang out with these two couples, not that it's the only game in town for her.

Comment

• 1sbkmcfan
              Aspiring soap scribe
              • Aug 2006

Trina needs a guy who does not have eyes for someone else and especially one who is actively involved and living with another woman. Cam, Oscar and Dev were all about Joss. Spencer is with Esme. A nice goal oriented young man for Trina would be nice.

Comment

• CarnyQueen
                I Let My Evil Twin Post For Me
                • Mar 2006

Trina and Spencer are obviously destined for each other, and evil Esme will do whatever she can to stop this romance/get revenge on Trina.

That's the story the writers are going with. Sydney Makayla is on recurring status to accommodate her college schedule, so the writers probably aren't going to waste time with making up potential dating partners who won't be shown onscreen and aren't viable because they are not part of the story the writers are pursuing.

All the teens have spent a lot of time being single. And all of them are limited to an extremely small circle that wouldn't be realistic in real life.

Joss and Oscar were in love, but he died after a terrible illness and she spent the next two years without a boyfriend. She did make a pass at Dev -- and he rejected her. Joss told Trina she was humiliated. (Yes, the writers later had Dev decide he wanted Joss and faking diary entries to chase off Cam, but that was dropped very quickly and Dev was killed off.)

We learned that Cam had a serious crush on Joss back when the teens were 15. It was nearly three years before he and Joss got together. The one girl he kissed in in interim -- Trina -- told him the kiss didn't do anything for her and he was in the friend zone.

If Trina feels a little bad right now because she doesn't have a boyfriend -- well, good for the writers for giving her an emotion all of us feel at some point.

She has tons of story lined up -- Spencer, Esme, and her paternity secret.

What I do want now is to hear some more of Trina's perspective on Spencer: We know that she was attracted to him and that she covered for him when he first came back to town, and we know that Esme made her feel like a fool for liking Spencer until Joss pointed out that it was clear that Spencer liked Joss too. Since then, we've had a lot of speeches where Trina tells Spencer to do the right thing, and that he's really a good guy. But now that he kissed her while still dating Esme, I want to know how Trina feels about that.

Comment

• sneekee1
                  sneekee1 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  The writer should have another young man interested. This will make Spencer jealous and it would be interesting to see how he reacts.
              • believeinme246
                Aspiring soap scribe
                • Jan 2015

It doesn't bother me that Trina isn't looking for a relationship because some young adults want to concentrate on their studies and keep it light, but she's in college and I would think that her friends would be fixing her up with others, and she'd at least have more male friends. It's not very realistic.

Comment

• Codsg21
                  Day Player
                  • Oct 2021

It's clear the writers are ultimately going to pair Trina with Spencer but I really dislike them together. She is smart, honest, gorgeous and has a plan for her life. He is a weasel that as currently written is brainless and spineless and nowhere near good enough for Trina.

Comment

• BettieCat
                    BettieCat commented
                    Editing a comment
                    They way they tend to write things, they will have Trina start something with Spencer, only to step aside the second Joss decides she wants him....and you know she will.
                • Laura Luke
                  Board Regular
                  • Feb 2019

Trina definitely needs a story of her own .She needs a nice young man who is worthy of her #notspence

Comment

• Pamcho
                    Contract Poster
                    • Feb 2012

Originally posted by flygirlnz View Post
                    It is awful the way the show has had a beautiful young woman like Trina as a fifth wheel in this whole Spenser, Esme and gang storyline. Esme even poisoned her!!! I want to see a new gorgeous boyfriend for Trina ASAP!
                    Me too! She can do better than waiting for Spineless Spencer to dump Esme. She is in college, she should be going to parties and have guys lined up to date her. It's time Trina expanded her circle of friends.

Comment

• Laura Luke
                      Laura Luke commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Yes Trina definitely needs new friends

Google Matched Content

Collapse

Bottom of Page

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X