Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Are the writers hinting at a possible Sam & Drew re-do???

Collapse

Ad Below Title

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • madluv4ya
    Senior Board Member
    • Jun 2011

Are the writers hinting at a possible Sam & Drew re-do???

The writers are putting distance between Sam and Dante. Drew hints at still having feelings for Sam during his conversation with Britt.
    I mean what do we think?
    Do we even want a re-do?
    What would their smash name be?
  • Skbond
    Board Regular
    • Feb 2012

I sure hope not. She dumped Drew when Jason came back. Drew should be with Britt

Comment

• cole'sgal
      cole'sgal commented
      Editing a comment
      Drew should be with anyone other than dullsville Sam.

• kat401
      kat401 commented
      Editing a comment
      She didn't dump Drew when Jason came back. She stuck with Drew and pretended he was the real Jason, even though she knew he wasn't. She stayed with him and would have continued staying with him only when he found out that she still had feelings for the real Jason, he dumped her.
  • DayRose
    Aspiring soap scribe
    • Oct 2020

There is definitely a Drew and Sam pairing coming up. It would be great if Lulu would wake up so Dante and Lulu can get back together.

Comment

• littleliz
      I Let My Evil Twin Post For Me
      • Nov 2016

Great Lulu comes back for Dante. I can't warm up to the actor playing Drew. Forget his name
      but used to watch him on all my children. I liked him then. He just doesn't fit in like Billy M. did
      as Drew. I'm trying to give him a chance. I do think I would like Drew with Sam though. Today
      he and Britt were good together. IDK

Comment

• lukeslove
        Aspiring soap scribe
        • Dec 2008

I love Cameron Mathison on GH and I love him on Hallmark which he has several movies coming up on that channel. I'm not sure I want another Sam redo. I find Sam rather dull these days and honestly I see no chemi with Drew. I guess instead of bringing another actress on for this Drew, they will just stick him with his old stand by Sam. I guess Dante will get kicked to the curb. He deserves better.

Comment

• 1sbkmcfan
          Aspiring soap scribe
          • Aug 2006

Although I loved original Drew with Sam I don't get the same vibe now. Although today's writer really seemed to be pushing heavily toward that today.

Comment

• piano0105
            piano0105 commented
            Editing a comment
            I don't care for CM in the role of Drew at all. I think he'd be a better match with Britt but not by much. I don't see any chemistry with him no matter who they pair him with but definitely not with Sam. Dante deserves better treatment.
        • believeinme246
          Aspiring soap scribe
          • Jan 2015

I don't think that they're hinting. I think they're straight out screaming it. I loved DreAM, but if Jason were alive, I don't know whether they would be getting back together. I actually don't mind if they do because I think that Lulu, a legacy character from a legacy family, will be back at some point, but I know that Drew will be shelved again down the road.

Besides, didn't Sam previously decide that she was bored with Aurora and now she wants that life back?

She doesn't want danger with Drew
          She's fine with mobbed up Jason
          She doesn't mind Jason being mobbed up but breaks up because the children were disappointed that he would be called away by Sonny or Carly and not be at their school plays
          She still kept up the PI stuff and not the Aurora stuff
          Now she like that life again?

Dang, Woman, make up your mind! Drew's feelings are not a yoyo.

Comment

• DeeCanada
            DeeCanada commented
            Editing a comment
            DREAM...I love it..
        • samfanhere
          Aspiring soap scribe
          • Jan 2008

Originally posted by believeinme246 View Post
          I don't think that they're hinting. I think they're straight out screaming it. I loved DreAM, but if Jason were alive, I don't know whether they would be getting back together. I actually don't mind if they do because I think that Lulu, a legacy character from a legacy family, will be back at some point, but I know that Drew will be shelved again down the road.

Besides, didn't Sam previously decide that she was bored with Aurora and now she wants that life back?

She doesn't want danger with Drew
          She's fine with mobbed up Jason
          She doesn't mind Jason being mobbed up but breaks up because the children were disappointed that he would be called away by Sonny or Carly and not be at their school plays
          She still kept up the PI stuff and not the Aurora stuff
          Now she like that life again?

Dang, Woman, make up your mind! Drew's feelings are not a yoyo.
          You mean Dang writers Sam is the bad guy when it comes to relationship she gets all the dislike.

Comment

• believeinme246
            believeinme246 commented
            Editing a comment
            Yes perhaps. I actually like Sam. I thought that she was terribly in need of therapy when she was found herself deeply, intimately in love with two men. She absolutely froze. I don't think she's ever recovered. I really wanted that journey.

I don't see Sam being the bad guy. I see her someone who is confused, and her being one who changes with every man she dates, as so many women do. That doesn't make her bad. However at the same time, Drew doesn't deserve the on and off, especially because I suspect Jason will return at some point and although divorced, she will swing back to him.

• Eve S Dropper
            Eve S Dropper commented
            Editing a comment
            The men in the equation (Jason and Drew) were consistent as to how they felt and what they wanted. Jason was all "I love you but I love Sonny and Carly and being a mobster more, if you can deal with it cool let's get some Noodle Buddah". Drew, regardless of the multiple identities was "I love you and our family, and I will create a way for us to have a new, safe life and build something for us and the kids." Sam is the one who vacillated back and forth, unable to decide what she really wanted. First she was all strapping her hands cross Jason's engine, wild and tough and unafraid. Then she is kicking Sonny into pits to protect Drew and their safe future and playing little miss corporate at Aurora. Then suddenly that was boring and so not her and she is a PI again.
            I don't dislike Sam either, although recently her judgey / snarky face is wearing me out. But I agree she needs to figure out once and for all who she is and what she wants, and not bounce back and forth between men, careers, and attitudes.
        • speedychatter
          Contract Poster
          • May 2010

I am not going to lie, I prefer Billy and the writing when he played Drew and feel CM is being written and portrayed as a different character. I also don’t get why so many characters and even a portion of fans think Drew is entitled to his ex wife? He divorced her long before he was presumed dead and Sam is just supposed to dump her boyfriend and go back to Drew. Also this whole conflicting feelings is just absurd. Sam would never had been with Drew if she didn’t think he was Jason. She did not miss Drew and wasn’t making anything alright for him and Scout when they were divorced and she did not miss him when he was presumed dead. Now I am supposed to buy they had some deep connection and Sam still has lingering feels for him. I could see a story like this being believable if Lulu awoke from her coma and Dante was torn because they were in love with each other and together for years and we’re always the other first choice, but dream. Nah! Not buying it.
          Last edited by speedychatter; February 3, 2022, 06:07 PM.

Comment

• Wanda Wolek
            Contract Poster
            • May 2013

I think the writers are setting up a triangle of Dante/Sam/Drew. As much as I don't like triangles, this one is somewhat fair. It could go either way. Both are good, decent men who would treat Sam well. Unfortunately, I don't see a lot of chemistry between KeMo and CM. That may be because CM is playing Drew as someone a little uncertain of his life now that he is back home. He's feeling his way as he goes along. Just no to Lulu coming back. I have no use for that character. I know she's legacy but I didn't like her last stint on the show.

I'd have to see more scenes of Drew and Britt before I would say yeah or nay, but I do like the acting chemistry between KT's Britt and RH's Austin. I know the writers are working toward pairing Austin and Maxie, but maybe in the future they might think about Britt and Austin.

Comment

• lovejomar
              Contract Poster
              • Apr 2013

I wouldn’t mind a Sam and Drew reunion. I really liked them together before. I like the chemistry between Britt and Drew. I know I just don’t want Drew with Carly… please no.

Comment

• lovejomar
                Contract Poster
                • Apr 2013

I don’t think there will be a return of Sam and Jason even if they ever bring back SB. They have gone past that relationship a long time before Jason left. There did not seem to be any love between them and Sam left because of the danger to her children and seem to care more about Dante that Jason even when Jason was said to have been killed. I like the character Sam better when she is not with Jason. I really liked her with Drew before and I like her with Dante so for me it is a win either way.

Comment

• OLTLBoomer
                  Aspiring soap scribe
                  • Mar 2010

IMHO - the writing has been on the wall of a Drew/ Sam / Dante triangle since it was announced that CM was cast as Drew Cain.

Drew stepped aside for Jason when it was obvious she stillloved her husband returned from the dead. Kim was chasing Drew (for a child) but he was not interested.
                  So - it could (operative word) be inferred that Drew has lingering feelings for Sam when he left to return the money to Afghanistan.
                  Dante has moved on from Lulu - that is obvious.
                  Sam is moving on from Jason et al, and Jason's death. She thought Drew was dead, but did what she could to "save" him. And today, Sam is caught in a web of old feelings and new feelings.

so - let it play out.

Comment

• Karissa
                    Scriptwriter
                    • Jul 2004

I don’t mind Carly and Drew

Comment

• clamcat
                      Executive Poster
                      • Sep 2005

They’re trying out Drew with every eligible and semi-eligible woman in Port Charles. Drew and Sam. Drew and Britt. Drew and Carly. Even a sprinkle of Drew and Maxie. I think he has the most chemistry with Britt.

Comment

• KateQ22003
                        KateQ22003 commented
                        Editing a comment
                        So far his best chemistry has been with Elizabeth.

• madluv4ya
                        madluv4ya commented
                        Editing a comment
                        KateQ22003, everyone has chemistry with Elizabeth. She's just beautiful ?

Google Matched Content

Collapse

Bottom of Page

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X