• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rkm137
    Aspiring soap scribe
    • Dec 2009

Harmony's explanation about the birth certificate

What do you guys think? On the one hand, I that is a pretty elaborate lie for Harmony to engage in with her only friend, especially as that friendship is still somewhat fragile. On the other hand, where the story in Harmony's version of events? A vital records story with no relationship entanglements would hardly be soapy.

I'm still leaning toward a black market adoption and, with that, her being Nina's.
    Last edited by rkm137; February 2, 2022, 04:58 PM.
  • DayRose
    Aspiring soap scribe
    • Oct 2020

I have never had experience with a cult but her excuse makes sense. I don't believe her though. Nina really needs another daughter so that's where this is going. I hate that Willow is going to be horrible and nasty Nina's daughter.

Comment

• OLTLBoomer
      Aspiring soap scribe
      • Mar 2010

At this point, with the dialogue given: the more obvious question is - who is Willow's father?
      Harmony says she was living in a commune and obtained a fake BC for her child.
      So who IS her biological father?
      We know from what has played out on the canvas that Harmony was married and that she had something to do with her husband's death on the order from SHank. Willow was around 17-18 at this time. Willow thinks ofr that man as her father.

From today, obivously he was not, as Harmony speaks of failing her daughter.
      So who is the baby daddy? I am reading into today's dailogue that the husband was not the father. and Harmony is conceerned with her daughter's reaciton to that truth.

Comment

• bopeonarope
        bopeonarope commented
        Editing a comment
        I keep remembering how many times lately Martin has talked about all his ex wives.

• Kristabell
        Kristabell commented
        Editing a comment
        If she's Nina's her father is Silas Clay! If she's Harmony's then her father is who knows ? ? ???
    • louisesnell96
      Board Regular
      • Mar 2020

I didn’t believe her story I think Harmony is lying through her teeth I think it was an illegal adoption and she doesn’t want it coming out.

Comment

• eileenregina
        Soap Addict
        • Jun 2011

As usual, the previews were better than the show. It made it seem Harmony had done something really nefarious only to have it turn out to be what was pretty obvious.

Comment

• xoregonian
          Aspiring soap scribe
          • Feb 2014

Well, if Harmony is asking for Alexis' help in obtaining a new birth certificate for Willow, then she better not be lying to her one-and-only-bff. That will end that friendship PDQ.

But we all know where this is heading...

Comment

• heddalee
            Contract Poster
            • Feb 2009

Originally posted by OLTLBoomer View Post
            At this point, with the dialogue given: the more obvious question is - who is Willow's father?
            Harmony says she was living in a commune and obtained a fake BC for her child.
            So who IS her biological father?
            We know from what has played out on the canvas that Harmony was married and that she had something to do with her husband's death on the order from SHank. Willow was around 17-18 at this time. Willow thinks ofr that man as her father.

From today, obivously he was not, as Harmony speaks of failing her daughter.
            So who is the baby daddy? I am reading into today's dailogue that the husband was not the father. and Harmony is conceerned with her daughter's reaciton to that truth.

It has to be Marshall. That's why he came back, to claim Wilford as his own daughter.

Comment

• SunsetFan2011
              SunsetFan2011 commented
              Editing a comment
              Who is Wilford?

• heddalee
              heddalee commented
              Editing a comment
              I meant Wilhelmina, Michael's concubine.
          • jodyb22
            Soap Addict
            • Sep 2009

I tend to believe Harmony and I would rather see a story where Willow finally confronts everything about her past than another story about Nina and the daughter she didn't get to raise. We've seen that story. We saw it when she overcompensated and showered Sasha with maternal affection (and now they practically do have a surrogate mother/daughter relationship), we saw it when cried over Nelle's grave and lamented on all those missed years and we've seen it through her attempts to bond with Wiley. To make us suffer through a wash-rinse-repeat where she would now attempt to bond and overcompensate with Willow is just too repetitive. It's time for a fresh story.

If Harmony's telling the truth, then this is a fresh story. First of all Willow resembles Harmony so I tend to believe she's her mother. But who's her real father? But more importantly, I want to see Willow and Harmony finally come to terms with the lives they led and the choices Harmony made for her daughter. Willow pushed her pain from her DOD days down deep and has never really dealt with them. She was brainwashed, she was raped, she gave a child up for adoption, that child died and except for one emotional meltdown in Chase's arms, she never really dealt with it. She should have PTSD. She should have anxiety and be dealing with emotional trauma and maybe the writers will finally have that wall she built up come down and have her deal with her traumatic life experiences.

That's a much more interesting and fresh tale to tell then yet another young adult finds out their true parentage tale. Come on GH, surprise us, give us something fresh!.

Comment

• OLTLBoomer
              OLTLBoomer commented
              Editing a comment
              Excellent! From you to the writers!
              No more Nina propping!!
          • LadyScorpio2
            Board Regular
            • Jul 2016

While her story makes sense given Harmony's background, I don't believe it. If nothing else, if the explanation was that simple then we wouldn't be having this storyline. Willow would certainly understand, at least intellectually, the story of the commune although it would likely have brought up a host of issues for Willow. I still think that there is more to this story; otherwise, why have this story.

Comment

• wfreshie2130
              Executive Poster
              • Aug 2016

I agree the look on Harmonys face when she came in to talk to Alexis was a look of something much more serious

Comment

• heddalee
                Contract Poster
                • Feb 2009

You know, something similar happened in my family. My grandmother, as a teen, gave birth at home, and passed the baby over to her sister to raise. No one was supposed to know. Her sister forged a birth certificate for the baby boy, and it worked, until it didn't. When he attempted to enlist, the military said "nope. fake." For reasons I'm not clear on, he never spoke to either of them after that - neither his aunt/mother or his mother/aunt.

Comment

• OLTL'69
                  OLTL'69 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  My mom (b 1926) did not get a real birth certificate until she got social security She was able to do a lot more without it than you could now. She was born at home without a doctor. (One came later because his testimony was used finally). There were two different birth years possible I did wonder if her oldest sister really was the mother. It took a lot for her to get it. I THINK that she finally changed her year to match what the doctor said
                  When my dad got a copy of his we found that his parents reversed the first and second name
              • Muljudy
                Recurring Poster
                • Apr 2021

I believe Harmony. What I think the mystery will be is who is Willow's father. I just don't want Nina in this storyline so please do not make Nina her mother.

Comment

• Carablue
                  Board Regular
                  • Feb 2012

I think there is more to the story. I don't believe it is that simple.

Comment

• DayRose
                    Aspiring soap scribe
                    • Oct 2020

Originally posted by jodyb22 View Post
                    I tend to believe Harmony and I would rather see a story where Willow finally confronts everything about her past than another story about Nina and the daughter she didn't get to raise. We've seen that story. We saw it when she overcompensated and showered Sasha with maternal affection (and now they practically do have a surrogate mother/daughter relationship), we saw it when cried over Nelle's grave and lamented on all those missed years and we've seen it through her attempts to bond with Wiley. To make us suffer through a wash-rinse-repeat where she would now attempt to bond and overcompensate with Willow is just too repetitive. It's time for a fresh story.

If Harmony's telling the truth, then this is a fresh story. First of all Willow resembles Harmony so I tend to believe she's her mother. But who's her real father? But more importantly, I want to see Willow and Harmony finally come to terms with the lives they led and the choices Harmony made for her daughter. Willow pushed her pain from her DOD days down deep and has never really dealt with them. She was brainwashed, she was raped, she gave a child up for adoption, that child died and except for one emotional meltdown in Chase's arms, she never really dealt with it. She should have PTSD. She should have anxiety and be dealing with emotional trauma and maybe the writers will finally have that wall she built up come down and have her deal with her traumatic life experiences.

That's a much more interesting and fresh tale to tell then yet another young adult finds out their true parentage tale. Come on GH, surprise us, give us something fresh!.
                    I agree! Your idea is a much better story!

Comment

• CarnyQueen
                      CarnyQueen commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I agree with DayRose -- we have already seen two stories about Nina lamenting the long-lost daughter she didn't get to raise, and I don't really need to see it again. And it would be really interesting if Willow got to confront her past and all the horrors that she suffered. But I'd be afraid that such a story would inevitably end with Willow forgiving Harmony. I think Harmony has been such a toxic parent and has made Willow suffer so much that Willow deserves to be allowed to be angry, or at least deserves to realize that sometimes you're better off without a destructive parent.
                  • CarnyQueen
                    I Let My Evil Twin Post For Me
                    • Mar 2006

Well, of course Harmony isn't giving Alexis the whole story.

Willow already knows that Harmony was in a commune and spent decades moving around the country, chasing after one guru after another.

If Harmony said, "Willow, your dad Douglas and I were living in a commune when you were born, and we all distrusted the state, so we never registered your birth and I had a birth certificate forged," then Willow would be upset, but not terribly surprised.

And Willow would call Diane, who would set about getting the necessary paperwork in order. Diane is already very experienced in filing the paperwork when someone comes back from the dead, so establishing that someone was born should be a piece of cake. And more than 25 years after the birth certificate was forged, Harmony wouldn't be facing any new charges for that.

Harmony either illegally adopted Willow or outright kidnapped her.

Comment

Google Matched Content

Collapse

Bottom of Page

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X