Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Teens - Have people's opinions changed after today?

Collapse

Ad Below Title

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CarnyQueen
    commented on 's reply
    Joss is judgmental about Esme -- and her judgment is correct! Esme has been mean, nasty and snide since she first met Spencer's friends, and she deliberately humiliated Trina. Joss called her out, and Joss was right. Cam also told Spencer in no uncertain terms that Esme deliberately set out to humiliate Esme, and no one's complaining about his comment. Spencer seems to have got caught up in the moment when he kissed Trina, and he seems genuinely torn between the two young women. But yes, he's behaving badly to both Esme and Trina. He's got some thinking to do when he's in Spring Ridge.

• CarnyQueen
    commented on 's reply
    I think we're sort of circling around the same idea, and I'm sorry for sounding like I'm jumping on your post. I do think it's natural for Trina to feel a little left out when her two besties are dating, and you're right, she can't just erase that feeling. But I don't think Joss and Cam can do anything more to fix that. If they were making out in front of her, or canceling plans with her to be with each other, or if Joss was kicking Trina out of their shared dorm room so she could have sex with Cam, then I would say Cam and Joss were at fault. But they did nothing wrong by choosing to have sex in what they thought was the privacy of their bedroom while Trina was asleep in another room. (And Joss checked on her again later that same night.) I feel that if Trina feels bad because she doesn't have a boyfriend, then she needs to address that herself, either by telling herself to get over it or by going out and looking for someone. I agree that the writers are making Trina the Good Girl whose love will straighten out Spencer, and you're absolutely right, it's a tired trope that is very misogynistic.

• cruella369
    commented on 's reply
    Joss is as bad as Esme? When has Joss tried to hurt people? Joss talked to Trina before her and Cm got together and had a really good, honest conversation with Trina afterwards. Joss didn't act perfect with Cam or Trina - yeah, she was judgemental about Esme - but she was sticking up for her friend.

Spencer is wrong to act on his feelings for Trina without breaking up with Esme - absolutely. But this is a soap opera - very seldom is one relationship totally over before the next one starts (see Carly/Sonny/Nina, Willow/Chase/Michael, Sam/Dante/Drew, Britt/Jax/Jason, etc.).

I think Spencer and Trina got caught up in the moment - and Trina has been very honest with Spencer. He needs to value himself and stop relying on Esme to give him value.

• Jackaled
    replied
    My opinion of Joss has not changed. As
    bad as Esme is Joss is a mini Carly and a mini Robin at this point with her smug, judgemental
    tone...like she is so perfect.

And Spencer ....After today he deserves whatever Esme dishes out.. I don;t care what his issues maybe he is holding Trina hand , gazing at her and almost kiss her while still sleeping wiht Esme and not telling her...he did this before to Trina on the parapet that night when they almost kissed to Spencer unknown girlfried appeared out of nowhere.

If Esme hadn;t shown up that night how far was
    Spencer going to go with Trina. I don;t care how crazy Esme is.. Spencer is leading them both on. and I will lose some respect for Trina if she goes along with it.. She should tell Spencer to drop the girlfriend before they have any chance.
    But if she kisses him and all that knowing he is still involved with Esme then well. I won;t feel bad for Trina either..the first time she had no idea that Spencer had a girlfriend but now she does..

Leave a comment:

• Q777S
    replied
    i really don’t like the teen scene so my mind has not changed.

joss is carly 2.0 even if she was defending her friend.
    spencer is still an entitled brat
    cam has his moments
    and trina seems to have ditched her usual angry mode which is a welcome relief - but i’m sure the writers have something up their sleeve to make her angry again

i am relieved that the cabin getaway is over. the talk about it prior was longer, much much longer than the getaway itself. in a way , i’m pleased that it was really not much fun for pitiful spencer who has to spend 30 days behind bars. and he will probably get some of that time shaved off due to overcrowding or something.

Leave a comment:

• sonyab1974
    replied

"c83gilles commented just incredibly naive, over emotional, and inexperienced. "

Yup!!!

"I have two of my own. Both of them are incredibly book smart- but kind of lack when it comes to common sense."

Yeah they will get common sense when they go through experiences and learn from them.

"But the oldest is across the country at college now and he’s learning to adjust."

Oh how exciting, but yet scary.. Yeah he will learn to adjust.

"My two younger ones seem like they are completely opposite. It’s always half a dozen of one or six of the other."

😂😂😂

Leave a comment:

• c83gilles
    commented on 's reply
    Not sure if I’m misinterpreting what you are saying, so my apologies up front. Her outburst IMO wasn’t because of any feelings for Cam
    - it was more because she feels left out which is understandable. But that made it cam’s and joss’ responsibility to assuage her of those feelings - which to me didn’t mean for them to start getting down.

Everyone apologized in the morning - but the way the scene was left it seemed that they weren’t all completely comfortable over that. Trina spoke her truth. You can’t just bottle that back up. I liked the idea of her an Spencer at first but it’s gone on too long now. The longer that it goes the more Spencer is looking like he isn’t worthy enough for her.

I agree about Trina’s feelings for Spencer. I loved Spencer as a kid and I want to like him now - and I still like him now but have no reservations that he’s done some bad things and isn’t really growing form it. That being said though - Trina is just too good for him. I hate that old trope - bad guy meets good girl and becomes a better person. It’s so misogynistic to me. Women shouldn’t have to be a man’s therapist.

• sonyab1974
    replied

"Laura Luke commented All of that is valid but they already don't trust Esme so why wouldn't they think she tampered with the drinks . "

Yeah very good point!!!! I wonder if they will figure it all out later.. Probably not. Nobody knows that she locked the door when Gladys and Sasha were in the room at Ava's art gallery.

"My problem is it should have been used to show all of these issues that go on with college students and add a PSA it would have been a much better angle for the writers"

Ooooooo.. They should have done that!!! They have done the PSA's in the past. They should have done it this time.

Leave a comment:

• CarnyQueen
    replied
    Originally posted by c83gilles View Post
    No. It hasn’t. You could tell that Trina was trying to put on a brave face. She was still bothered and there was still an undercurrent of…something between all of them. I’m over this trio. I like two out of the three but am ready for them to do their own thing at this point. I like Trina with Ava but it still loops her back to Spencer who doesn’t deserve her. Frankly, none of the others deserve her.
    Sorry, but if Trina has any lingering resentment or upset toward Joss and Cam -- and I haven't seen any evidence that she does -- then she would be a dog in the manger.

Trina considered dating Cam and decided she wasn't into him. Months and months and months later, Cam and Joss started dating. Joss immediately asked Trina if she was okay with it and Trina wholeheartedly said yes, it was fine. Trina, in fact, had always known that Cam had a crush on Joss.

If Trina feels bad that her two best friends are dating and she doesn't have anyone, then it is time for her to look for someone. I don't think there's anything wrong with her being single, but if she really wants a boyfriend, she can go out and find one. She's intelligent, attractive and has a good personality, so it's not like there would be no one interested.

I think Trina's problem is that she is drawn to Spencer and 1) he has a girlfriend and 2) on some level she realizes that he's not really a completely upstanding guy. If he was, he wouldn't have stalked Ava, and he wouldn't have strung Trina along while not mentioning that he had a girlfriend.

But that's Trina's issue with Spencer (and Esme), not an issue with Joss and Cam.

Leave a comment:

• c83gilles
    commented on 's reply
    I wouldn’t say teens are dumb necessarily…just incredibly naive, over emotional, and inexperienced. I have two of my own. Both of them are incredibly book smart- but kind of lack when it comes to common sense. But the oldest is across the country at college now and he’s learning to adjust. My two younger ones seem like they are completely opposite. It’s always half a dozen of one or six of the other.

I’m kind of partial to cam and Trina though because they seem like really, really good kids. There is a realism when it comes to both. I loved kid Spencer. Would like to see if he grows after getting out of jail.

• Laura Luke
    commented on 's reply
    I wouldn't mind a Trina only story maybe while visiting her mom she meets TJ & developes a crush .She had a crush on teacher Dustin didn't she ?

• Laura Luke
    commented on 's reply
    I'm with you Spence isn't good enough for Trina at all

• c83gilles
    replied
    No. It hasn’t. You could tell that Trina was trying to put on a brave face. She was still bothered and there was still an undercurrent of…something between all of them. I’m over this trio. I like two out of the three but am ready for them to do their own thing at this point. I like Trina with Ava but it still loops her back to Spencer who doesn’t deserve her. Frankly, none of the others deserve her.

Leave a comment:

• Laura Luke
    commented on 's reply
    All of that is valid but they already don't trust Esme so why wouldn't they think she tampered with the drinks . My problem is it should have been used to show all of these issues that go on with college students and add a PSA it would have been a much better angle for the writers

• sonyab1974
    replied

"Laura Luke commented They've drank before at the party with Oscar"

Oh sure, but they are not heavy drinkers.

"plus Cam spent 2 yes on probation for buying pot."

Oh yes he sure did. He learned a really big lesson.

"Also you can't tell me any teen or even tween in this day & age doesn't know about drugs"

Yeah, but they thought it was the drinking that made Trina sick.

Leave a comment:

Google Matched Content

Collapse

Bottom of Page

Collapse
Working...
X