Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Teens - Have people's opinions changed after today?

Collapse

Ad Below Title

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Teens - Have people's opinions changed after today?

All weekend I saw posts about how Joss was a mini-Carly and was very self righteous with Esme. How Joss and Cam were thoughtless to have sex. How Joss should have sat up with her best friend and obviously didn't care about Trina. I saw posts about how the teens shouldn't have been drinking and about how Spencer was awful because he didn't dump Esme.

I feel like ALL of those complaints were addressed today. Trina had one drink. Trina wouldn't answer the door. Trina was happy Joss told off Esme. Spencer spoke up for his friends.

Did people change their minds?

The complaints about Joss being a "mini-Carly" go back longer than last week. And no, I wouldn't take back anything I said about why I dislike the writing for the character.

Joss apologized for not considering Trina's feelings. That was more than I expected to get.

I am still surprised that Trina's self-described "blackout" after two sips didn't ring some kind of bell for either girl.

Comment

• AnotherSonnyKid
      AnotherSonnyKid commented
      Editing a comment
      Right? Especially for Trina, she is too smart for that. I hate when characters get dumbed down to push a story.

• MeTyme
      MeTyme commented
      Editing a comment
      When we first were introduced to Trina's character (different actress), she had a party in which there was teen drinking and as I recall Joss got caught and was lectured by Carly. So this isn't the first time they had alcohol which it seemed like at the cabin by Trina asking if one drink will make you feel that bad.

• parker joe
      parker joe commented
      Editing a comment
      MeTyme yep, that was when Trina was a bit of a trouble maker. I'm just surprised that neither Portia (a Dr) or Carly seem to have talked about being roofied with their college age daughters.

No change of mind here. They are all still valid observations.

Comment

No... not at all. The trio will inevitably change, especially once that sex tape is released. Also, Joss and Cam having sex changes the dynamics of their friendship with Trina permanently and vice versa. Right now, it doesn't look like anyone finds out that Trina was drugged with a CDS, but that could change.

What Esme did that weekend will eventually be revealed, but not before more damage is done.

JMO.

Comment

My opinion of Spencer has changed. I said this in another thread but I think besides Esme, he's also the villain in all of this. He's stringing both Esme and Trina along. He likes Trina but is blinded by loyalty, obligation and possibly fear to Esme. He's a weakling which is likely why Esme has been able to "lead him by his pants" among other ways!! I know the end game is Spencer/Trina but I don't want them together anymore. Trina deserves someone who doesn't play mind games with her. She deserves someone who can be direct about what and who they want. More importantly, she deserves someone who won't view her in a "mommy replacement" light. The only person Spencer needs to have a relationship with is a good therapist.

Esme is a still a hot mess! My opinion of her has somewhat in the sense that she's starting to go the route of Peter, Nelle, etc. I think the actress is good but the way she's written is too over-the-top. She reminds of one of those psycho chicks from a bad Lifetime movie!!!! We still have no backstory on her. Her actions make no sense and again are so over the top it defies good sense! I now just want her off my screen and for her to stop dominating this teen scene. That's my next issue. At least before Esme, there was more focus on each of the teens but now it's "The Esme Show" with Joss, Cam and Trina as the supporting cast.

Comment

• LFBHasGreatHair
          LFBHasGreatHair commented
          Editing a comment
          I assume Esme's story is, as she has said, she literally has no one else. No family. I think she was being genuinely honest a few weeks back when she made a statement against people who disrupt family. There is going to be something tragic there to either increase her villainy (hates Ava for Ryan reasons) or redeem her (THEY SHOULD MAKE HER HAYDEN'S DAUGHTER).

I don't know who "everybody" is, but nothing's changed for me. Joss is still a brat and Cam and Trina are both too good for her, but that has nothing to do with the booze or the sex. And as much as I don't like Josslyn, I cannot dispute that she's always been a good friend to Trina.

Comment

Well, I never thought Joss did anything wrong. The conversation was great and Joss and Trina communicated with each other well. I'm disappointed that no one figured out that Trina was drugged.

Comment

I for one am happy to see some changes - Esme has infused some much-needed drama into the otherwise far-too-squeaky-clean teen set.

Comment

Originally posted by DayRose View Post
              Well, I never thought Joss did anything wrong. The conversation was great and Joss and Trina communicated with each other well. I'm disappointed that no one figured out that Trina was drugged.
              I agree -- Joss did nothing wrong.

It was literally months and months after Trina and Cam decided that they didn't want to date each other that Cam and Joss started going out. Joss went straight to Trina and asked if she was okay with it, and Trina wholeheartedly responded that she was happy for Cam and Joss and wondered what had taken them so long. We've had months and months to observe Trina, and she's never shown any sign that she was carrying a torch for Cam. She's interested in Spencer, although she knows he is not available and has been trying to get past that.

Joss checked on Trina right after Trina ran off. She checked on her again later that night and said Trina was moving around in her room but didn't want to talk or come out. And when Trina did emerge -- again, it's the same night -- they all had a lovely, supportive talk.

It is disappointing that no one figured out that Trina's drink was drugged. But she recovered pretty quickly -- again, it's the same night -- and apparently Trina isn't used to drinking at all.

Comment

Trina bouncing back after a double dose of an opioid and alcohol with only a slight headache was puzzling. After surgery my doctor prescribed that drug for me. I only took half the amount Trina was given and it made my skin crawl and my vision was distorted. I did not take a second dose.

The scenes reinforced why am not an advocate for Trina being paired with Spencer. He is a wuss and Esme has him wrapped around her finger and can play him at will.

Joss was the same annoying as always.

Cam was okay but now that he has gotten his feet wet he will follow Joss' lead much like Spencer caters to Esme.

​​​​​​The goings on with the teens is not what I am interested in. I wish they had all gone to college in another state.

Comment

Originally posted by DayRose View Post
                  Well, I never thought Joss did anything wrong. The conversation was great and Joss and Trina communicated with each other well.
                  I never thought Joss did anything wrong either. She did try to see how Trina was doing when Trina was in the bathroom. Trina wanted to be alone and wouldn't let Joss in. I'm surprised people aren't angry at Trina for not letting her in.

I'm disappointed that no one figured out that Trina was drugged.
                  Well, they aren't scientists. They are teenagers! And teens are dumb.

Comment

• taramartin
                    taramartin commented
                    Editing a comment
                    They are also not experienced drinkers.

• ScrubsFan#1
                    ScrubsFan#1 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Teens are dumb???

That's a pretty insulting generalization of an entire mass group of people.

Trina, Joss, and Cameron have been shown to have MORE grace, class, and maturity than most of the adults in PC.

And why would anybody be mad at Trina after knowing how badly she had been humiliated and violated???

• Pamcho
                    Pamcho commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Since Trina is petite and not an experienced drinker, I am not surprised it hasn't occurred to them that Trina was drugged. I think Spineless Spencer will find the bag of crushed pills or the prescription bottle.

I never saw anything particularly wrong with how Joss acts - all of the teens have gotten loud and vocal when there was something to be upset about. Cam has acted out - Trina was hostile to Curtis - they aren't called mini Carly's.
                  The actress who plays Esme is really good at being Esme. She is usually fakey sweet but yesterday she showed her upset and tears and was just as realistic as she is in her "sweet" scenes.
                  All the teens are good in their own way.

Comment

• PCHARLES
                    PCHARLES commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I agree that Esme actress is very good at her good. However, I did not for one minute think her tears were real. It was all for Spencer's benefit. And I also got the feeling that Spencer is not really into her but feels responsible for her. She has no one else.

• taramartin
                    taramartin commented
                    Editing a comment
                    IA she wanted his sympathy but she did it so well - she's playing him but actually needing him as well.

Originally posted by shadowrose View Post
                  No... not at all. The trio will inevitably change, especially once that sex tape is released. Also, Joss and Cam having sex changes the dynamics of their friendship with Trina permanently and vice versa.
                  What Esme did that weekend will eventually be revealed, but not before more damage is done.
                  Agree. My opinions are the same - the "sex" was ill timed. Happy to see the teens talking - as this is what this group of friends do.
                  There was an awkwardness at the end of the scene, IMHO. If you watch it again, you will see what I am speaking of.

Trina has had another "awakening" of sorts - added to all the horrific things she has been through in the past two news. Something happened to her (the drugging) and I think it frightened her, and it happened with her friends. Your comment of inevitable change is spot on.

Comment

My opinions have not changed! Josslyn has been a mini-Carly for a long time now, and it is beyond annoying. One Carly is one too many; I didn't need another on my screen but we have that in Josslyn.

I had no issue w/anything Josslyn said to Esme, but that moment should have gone to Trina, not Josslyn. Josslyn is featured too much, IMO. It would be nice to see Trina stand up for herself and not have Joss do it all the time. Just b/c Joss is Carly's daughter doesn't mean she has to get all the good, soapy moments. This show is way too biased.

And the black girl being drugged and discarded was still not a good look.

Comment

• lala214
                      lala214 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Dakotacat - Do I think the show decided to sideline Trina because she’s black? No, but the optics of having the sole black character drugged and discarded was not a good look. The show is likely tone deaf when it comes to that issue because there are no POC in the writers’ room.

• Laura Luke
                      Laura Luke commented
                      Editing a comment
                      lala214 I agree with you I can't speak to how this would feel watching it play out as I am not AA but Trina being the 5th wheel and being singled out to be humiliated drugged & only having white friends does pose an optical problem . It was said much better then I can do on Twitter but it was noticed for sure

• lala214
                      lala214 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Thanks Laura Luke

As a AA woman, I do notice things like that even if they are not intentional. And as you said, it was certainly noticed on Twitter so we weren’t the only ones!

"CarnyQueen commented they all have very little experience with alcohol and no experience with drugs."

Yeah very true, so they wouldn't know anything about the signs. Very realistic actually.

"Trina has recovered very quickly"

That was very strange..

"Why would they suspect that she would drug Trina?"

TRUTH!

"taramartin commented They are also not experienced drinkers."

Yes and never done drugs.

Comment

• Laura Luke
                      Laura Luke commented
                      Editing a comment
                      They've drank before at the party with Oscar plus Cam spent 2 yes on probation for buying pot. Also you can't tell me any teen or even tween in this day & age doesn't know about drugs

Google Matched Content

Collapse

Bottom of Page

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X