Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Maxie Now Asking TOO Much of Brook Lynn and Chase?

Collapse

Ad Below Title

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is Maxie Now Asking TOO Much of Brook Lynn and Chase?

I get her initial concerns, and I get why Brook Lynn initially did what she did.
    But how does she expect Brook Lynn to NOT fight for this child eventually? I think Maxie is asking too much, BLQ will be the only parent Bailey knows (and now Chase). Maxie is saying no one can know anytime soon...after Peter is locked away and all chances of getting out are exhausted. I get her concern, I do. But what if this takes another year. How can Brook Lynn just return a toddler and say "this is your real mom". I just don't get how they all think this will play out well.
    JC
    SOC Moderator
    soapcentral.com
    Questions? Email me: JCmojoe81

Chase jumped in all on his own. That is not on Maxie.

BLQ is staying in for her own reasons. She is freely going home to tell her family this lie.

I don't understand why because even she has to realize that Val is going to fight to get the shares back. T

Comment

• JCmojoe81
      JCmojoe81 commented
      Editing a comment
      true, I hear you on that....but Maxie is a parent and BLQ and Chase are not. To me Maxie as a parent MUST realize these two will bond indefinitely with her child, how is she going to pry that child back from them when Bailey only knows them as parents and they bonded with Bailey as their child (which is what Maxie is requesting of them)

• december rose
      december rose commented
      Editing a comment
      Bailey has already bonded with BLQ.

Chase isn't a stranger to her since he lived in the Q mansion for months.

I think we have already seen Maxie deal with this - when she was going over to the mansion all the time. She then realized why she had to stop.

I think the whole plan is misguided considering all the resources and people Maxie is related to

But she believes this is the safest so I get why the character believes Peter is still dangerous.

Honestly, I expected to see Peter escaping again as soon as we saw Anna assuring Maxie that this time is different

• december rose
      december rose commented
      Editing a comment
      One additional thought - Maxie has bonded with Georgie even though she didn't have contact with her initially and then lived on the other side of the country for years.

Originally posted by JCmojoe81 View Post
    I get her initial concerns, and I get why Brook Lynn initially did what she did.
    But how does she expect Brook Lynn to NOT fight for this child eventually? I think Maxie is asking too much, BLQ will be the only parent Bailey knows (and now Chase). Maxie is saying no one can know anytime soon...after Peter is locked away and all chances of getting out are exhausted. I get her concern, I do. But what if this takes another year. How can Brook Lynn just return a toddler and say "this is your real mom". I just don't get how they all think this will play out well.

Foster parents do this all the time. They understand that they are going to fall in love with that child, but, at the end, they know they will have to let go.

Plus, wasn't the original plan before Britt had to go on the run was to find some stranger to adopt Louise?

Comment

• JCmojoe81
      JCmojoe81 commented
      Editing a comment
      I hear you on this, but foster parents generally go into fostering with the knowledge that the goal would be to reunify the children with their parents. They aren't pretending to be the childs parents, the child is generally not calling the foster parent "mommy" or "daddy". To me there's a difference between fostering and what Maxie is asking BLQ and Chase to do (even though, as others said, they are doing this willingly and they aren't yet parents and cannot comprehend what feelings will be involved)

It’s a complicated situation because they can’t tell the Qs and everyone else that Bailey is Louise because they still need to protect her identity from Peter. They really should tell Valentin the truth, but then he wouldn’t be angling to get the stock back and plot revenge on BLQ.

Unfortunately, I feel Peter or one of his minions will find out eventually, and from prison he will be able to take Louise because Valentin and Yuri won’t be around.
    Last edited by ToS; November 24, 2021, 11:24 AM.

Comment

• Mary Mae Ward1
      Mary Mae Ward1 commented
      Editing a comment
      I think Val would still want to get that stock.

Brook Lynn is all in on the new plan. To me she's finally being unsellfish and doing this soley for Maxie. BLQ has nothing to gain from this except growing closer to Bailey. Now you add Chase to this equation, and the two of them are going to feel real grief when Bailey is finally back with Maxie.

Comment

• Mr.Sami_Brady
      Mr.Sami_Brady commented
      Editing a comment
      I was going to say, being Louise' fake mom has softened Brooklynn (in a good way), the fact that she isn't bailing now because she no longer benefits from the arrangement shows character development. And besides, I suspect Brooklynn and Chase posing as Louise's parents is just the beginning of their love story. Brooklynn99 FTW!

• Laura Lynn
      Laura Lynn commented
      Editing a comment
      I agree, this is toally different from the BLQ she's been in the past. To me, she's being selflless in this scenario.

Maxie is not asking anything of them.

Brook Lynn needed a baby to pawn off as Valentin's so she could get her shares back. She came to Maxie, asking to use her baby. Now, she's in it for the long haul.

Chase jumped into this mess on his own. They could have just told Valentin the truth. He would help protect Bailey (I hate the name Louise) from Peter.

Comment

• lala214
      lala214 commented
      Editing a comment
      JCmojoe81 - Right?!? I think he’d even be all in now. He knows how dangerous Valentin is; he’d probably keep up the ruse.

I’m over Peter and this story (never been a fan of long, drawn out baby switch stories), so adding Chase just tells me this won’t be over any time soon. More to FF I guess.

• c83gilles
      c83gilles commented
      Editing a comment
      Watching the three of them yesterday was giving me a headache 😂 it was like - reminiscent of The Three Stooges or something. I can’t even take any of it seriously anymore which means, I just don’t care anymore what Peter does to Maxie or the baby at this point. 🤷🏾‍♀️ It’s like, a comedy of errors. And I love Chase. But my guy! What were you even thinking?!

• lala214
      lala214 commented
      Editing a comment
      c83gilles - You and I are on the exact same page! I couldn’t care less anymore either. I’m even hoping Peter gets away with kidnapping and brainwashing Maxie! Why not?! It’s a joke at this point! Like you, I just 🤷🏾‍♀️ and 🙄!

I feel like this whole thing has gotten out of control. Maxie was right when she told Nina that she needed to level with Valentin. I hated how Nina (big surprise hate about everything she says or does these days except with Sasha) told her not to do it, because Valentin now loves the baby. Yet Valentin now knows the baby isn't his and is heart broken if he knew the truth he no doubt still would have been hurt but I have no doubt would have wanted to protect the baby from Peter so would have agreed to continue to pretend to the father. Instead we get Chase being thrown in and even more lies being told, its just ridiculous.

Comment

YES.
      Both of these women and now Chase are breaking the law:
      Maxie - filing a false police report on an alledged kidnapping, and handing her baby off to another to raise (that is what got her in trouble with Georgie)
      BLQ - FRAUD, with the ELQ shares and Valentin, and aiding and abetting Maxie
      Chase - aiding and abetting Maxie.

I don't care about all the glorifications of motherhodd and protecting her child.....the bottom line is - Maxie broke the law, and so did BLQ (for her own selfish needs).

Comment

Meh, the storyline has been ridiculous from the get-go, but we all knew the writers would drag it out as long as they possibly can.

In the end, Maxie will be reunited with her baby, who hopefully will not be so old that she's applying to PCU at that point.

By the time the reveal happens, Brook Lynn and Chase will probably have fallen in love for real, but they will return Maxie's baby without a fight.

Everybody will understand why Maxie, Brook Lynn and Chase pulled off this long charade and they will all adjust.

And maybe Valentin will feel a little guilty about whatever revenge plot he has carried out to get back at Brook Lynn. Or maybe not.

Comment

• MrsValentine
          MrsValentine commented
          Editing a comment
          This pretty much sums up what I expect to happen too. I get everyone’s motivations. However, I do believe BLQ’s reasons have expanded beyond the stocksELQ motive; she is invested in protecting that child. Sure she is no saint- she’s a Q! But I believe she truly cares about little BLQ and that is now her priority- at least I hope so lol

Originally posted by OLTLBoomer View Post
        YES.
        Both of these women and now Chase are breaking the law:
        Maxie - filing a false police report on an alledged kidnapping, and handing her baby off to another to raise (that is what got her in trouble with Georgie)
        BLQ - FRAUD, with the ELQ shares and Valentin, and aiding and abetting Maxie
        Chase - aiding and abetting Maxie.

I don't care about all the glorifications of motherhodd and protecting her child.....the bottom line is - Maxie broke the law, and so did BLQ (for her own selfish needs).
        I agree with you!

I love both Maxie and Chase BUT I don’t like what either one is doing. I get Maxie is scared of Peter but this is still a bad idea. I love Chase but I absolutely hate what he is doing and think he’s totally wrong for doing it. And I actually want him to pay for doing it. He should be charged for aiding and abetting. And as a cop he should lose his police license.

I really hate this storyline for both Maxie and Chase characters I normally love. But I want both to face consequences for their actions!

I don’t like BLQ so I don’t care 🤷‍♀️ either way. I want her to face consequences for sure.

I wish Maxie could have handled this all differently. Same with Chase.

Comment

Originally posted by lala214 View Post
          Maxie is not asking anything of them.

Brook Lynn needed a baby to pawn off as Valentin's so she could get her shares back. She came to Maxie, asking to use her baby. Now, she's in it for the long haul.

Chase jumped into this mess on his own. They could have just told Valentin the truth. He would help protect Bailey (I hate the name Louise) from Peter.
          I agree Maxie didn’t ask either BLQ or Chase for help.

I love Maxie but I don’t like how she went about “protecting” Louise (Bailey). (Funny I like the name Louise because it was my grandma’s name but I don’t like the name Bailey)

I love Chase but I think he’s wrong for doing this.

BLQ, I could care less about. She’s no angel she wanted ELQ shares and pretended to be pregnant.

I agree all they had to do is tell Valentin and he would help them re Peter.

Comment

• lala214
            lala214 commented
            Editing a comment
            Hahaha!! I don’t hate the name Louise, but it feels very old-fashioned!

I have no issue with Maxie hiding her baby. It just sucks she wasn’t able to fake a miscarriage then no one would be actively looking for her baby.

But I also don’t have a lot of sympathy for Maxie because she was warned about Peter from ppl she should have trusted like Spinelli. She chose to ignore them so now you have a psycho for a baby daddy! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• lala214
            lala214 commented
            Editing a comment
            And I’m not happy with Chase. This is NOT the story I want to see for him. Plus, I don’t like them having him blame Austin for his choices. He’s a grown man. Let him own his choice and not regret it!!

The only one to blame is Peter and maybe to a lesser degree Anna and Valentin. They failed too many times to take Peter down.

Comment

I love Maxie but she is asking too much. It's ridiculous to not tell Valentin also. Stupid! Valentin will help protect Louise with his life.

Comment

Originally posted by Maxiegirl View Post

(Funny I like the name Louise because it was my grandma’s name but I don’t like the name Bailey)
              funny, I feel the exact same way for the exact reason...I loved my grandmother dearly and I love the name because of that lol! I can see how some think it's old fashioned but to me its endearing
              JC
              SOC Moderator
              soapcentral.com
              Questions? Email me: JCmojoe81

Comment

i’m not sure how tptb think it will play out, but it does make maxie look like she is being less responsible than ever. mac and robert and ana would have moved heaven and earth to protect maxie and her baby but she gave in to blq’s scheme.

and blq was the one who initiated the plan, so she should expect to flow with the plan as long as it takes now that its in motion.

blq also could have just continued on her path of confession even though chase showed up but she chose to stop in her tracks

Comment

Google Matched Content

Collapse

Bottom of Page

Collapse
                Working...
                X