• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
    Laura Luke
    Recurring Poster

• Laura Luke
    commented on 's reply
    Didnt Britt get pretty serious about Patrick quickly too or am I miss remembering ?
  • Silentfan
    Soap Addict

• Silentfan
    commented on 's reply
    I would love to see Trevor St. John again , but would he even come back to soaps full time? Also, not sure hardcore Jason fans want a recast. Their last attempt wasn't good enough.
  • MrAxe
    Senior Board Member

• MrAxe
    replied
    After back from the dead Drew arrives, they need to have a recast Jason (who every character automatically knows is Jason) appear in time for the Quartermaine Thanksgiving Pizza too.. saying "I made it this time!".

No more mourning. GH to me feels like its been saturated with 'deads' ... and still has too many "maybe-deads".

Leave a comment:

• bubsmom
    Soap Addict

• bubsmom
    commented on 's reply
    I would be OK with that. I really don't want to go through yet another mourning for Jason s/l.
  • Carerra
    Board Regular

• Carerra
    replied
    Recast. He crapped on them once before when he left and said he wanted time with his family and went directly to Y&R. He's replaceable. TJS would be good.
    Carerra
    Board Regular
    Last edited by Carerra; November 25, 2021, 06:29 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Ribbonette
    Senior Board Member

• Ribbonette
    replied
    Originally posted by believeinme246 View Post
    I know that Jason has his fans, but I personally didn't believe he should have been brought back after being kicked into the harbor. That ending was fit for a hitman, and I really liked how Sam grew and rebuilt her life after that. I wish he wouldn't be recast, because his coworkers are stronger without being pulled back into the same old same old. As an actor, I'd want fresh and exciting material. In fact, when SB returned that time, I really didn't think he'd want to play Jason again. I would have thought he would have wanted to put his all into the unexplored aspects of the newer character Drew. After all, he'd left to stretch his wings.
    I wish he had never returned either, or at the very least kept the BM version as he was more layered, and branched out from Sonny & Carly. But we are where we are.

I don't like another mourning period for Jason, not just because he's "died" twice already but also because he's superJason. With all of the people who die and return, of course superJason will come back someday - you just know he found his way out of the tunnel.

Leave a comment:

• emilydaze
    Board Regular

• emilydaze
    replied
    Not looking forward to any of this.

I remember when Jason fell into the harbor years ago, how he was missing and presumed dead and how devastated Sam was. I remember how heartbroken I was that Jason was off the show (and that it was due to the actor wanting to leave). His storyline with Sam, Liz and Carson was the reason I kept watching back then, I missed him very much. But that heartbreak turned to anger when he popped up on another soap for a while, and more anger when the show had to accommodate his return when he came back. It just wasn't the same, for many reasons.

So I am not looking forward to all the crying over Jason again, or the fallout of blame and denial. I do feel bad for Carly and it will be interesting to see how it affects her relationship with Sonny, but otherwise been there done that.

I won't miss Jason this time and to be honest, I'm looking forward to a recast.

Leave a comment:

• FullestHarp43
    Newcomer

• FullestHarp43
    commented on 's reply
    That would be so confusing
  • clamcat
    Contract Poster

• clamcat
    replied
    Originally posted by rkm137 View Post
    . Yes, Britt seems to have fallen hard during their, what, week(?) on the run together and their single time in bed. But since then they have spent almost no time together before a handful of days in Greece. And in the interval, Jason was falling for someone else.

Having Jason dead again and watching the emotional reaction of a barely more than casual not quite girlfriend is underwhelming.
    Excellent point. I understand the frustration of Jason/Britt fans. We’ve all been there: liked a couple a lot only to have the couple end before being fully explored. But that’s the reality here.

Jason prioritized Carly over Britt when he agreed to marry Carly right after Britt got her Huntington’s disease diagnosis. And the writers made sure we knew the marriage was not simply a marriage of convenience when Carly and Jason declared their love for each other. I think Jason cared for Britt, but her feelings were deeper than his.

If we must endure another “Jason is dead” story - and I hope we won’t have to - then those who were most significant to Jason need to be featured for the story to have impact. To me, that doesn’t include Britt.

Leave a comment:

• cole'sgal
    Board Regular

• cole'sgal
    commented on 's reply
    The list of people who will be "grieving" for Jason will include every other character on the canvas. It's going to be unbearable.
  • Forgiveness_Man
    Aspiring soap scribe

• Forgiveness_Man
    commented on 's reply
    I'd love to see TSJ join the show, but can they not make him a recast? I much preferred his take on Todd and feel they did him dirty having him be in the shadow of a hugely popular star. Especially given if covid restrictions lift in a year or two, they'll clearly kick whoever they get to play Jason to the curb to get SB back.

If they want to bring TSJ on, bring him on as a new character and develop him.

Given Jason's icy personsa, TSJ is better suited to someone with a dark sarcasm. Not totally unlike with RH has, but less cartoony and more deadpan.
  • SamDeanLover1
    Board Regular

• SamDeanLover1
    replied
    Originally posted by believeinme246 View Post
    I know that Jason has his fans, but I personally didn't believe he should have been brought back after being kicked into the harbor. That ending was fit for a hitman, and I really liked how Sam grew and rebuilt her life after that. I wish he wouldn't be recast, because his coworkers are stronger without being pulled back into the same old same old. As an actor, I'd want fresh and exciting material. In fact, when SB returned that time, I really didn't think he'd want to play Jason again. I would have thought he would have wanted to put his all into the unexplored aspects of the newer character Drew. After all, he'd left to stretch his wings.
    I love this comment and agree

Leave a comment:

• Golden Girl
    Day Player

• Golden Girl
    commented on 's reply
    Agreed. Hit the bricks, and don’t let the screen door hit ya where the good lord split ya!
  • Golden Girl
    Day Player

• Golden Girl
    commented on 's reply
    Yes, just recast the role. They did it with Jordan, Lulu, Kiki, Lucky, Nicholas, and others. Why not Jason?
  • Rosalia
    Board Regular

• Rosalia
    replied
    I’m not looking forward to the mourning of Jason at all. It will go on for years. It seemed a perfect time, after falling for Carly, for Jason to sacrifice himself by leaving town so that Carly can go on with Sonny. That would have been plenty dramatic, shown how he loves Carly and Sonny more than his own family and avoided a redux of the mourning. Oh well.

Leave a comment:

Google Matched Content

Collapse

Bottom of Page

Collapse
Working...
X