Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Who could they cast as Jeff Webber if RDA doesn't want to come back?

Collapse

Ad Below Title

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MrAxe
    Contract Poster
    • Dec 2016

As someone who grew up watching "Another World", my vote goes to Stephen Schnetzer who played Cass Winthrop.

Comment

• Mary Mae Ward1
      Board Regular
      • Apr 2018

And they were all blond, said Liz of her family.

Comment

• Bkes Mom
        I Let My Evil Twin Post For Me
        • Sep 2009

Originally posted by jenndflash View Post
        Jerry von Dorn would be great as well. I loved him as Clint Buchanan on OLTL.
        What an excellent actor, I would love that!

Comment

• Pamcho
          Contract Poster
          • Feb 2012

I can picture Jerry Van Dorn or Doug Davidson as Jeff, Walt Willey, not so much. Jeff had a thing with Monica back in the day, and of the 3, JVD is the only one I can picture with Monica.

What do we know about Liz's mother? I only ever hear about Jeff.

Comment

• jodyb22
            Soap Addict
            • Sep 2009

I don't know if Tom Eplin is acting anymore but he's great at playing the type of character who's a bit rebellious and irresponsible but not necessarily an awful person. A redeemeable rebel who'd be in the right age range to play Liz's dad.

Comment

• MayaCanada
              MayaCanada commented
              Editing a comment
              I can’t picture him in love with Monica once.
          • regalbeagle
            Contract Poster
            • Dec 2018

Geoff Pierson would be a good choice. He was one of the Frank Ryans on Ryan's Hope and is still acting today.

Comment

• OLTLBoomer
              Aspiring soap scribe
              • Mar 2010

I have to chuckle - TPTB will cast who ever they want to go with the storyline they are telling....

Case in point - Victor - originally portrayed by Thaaos Penglis (sp - sorry) was perfect - he looked the part of a Cassadine and was a wikly fox.
              Now - Victor is tall, with a clipped British accent and is slightly goofy, having allowed Peter to get the better of him. While I get the casting (he looks like he could be JPS' father), I still wonder what TP would do with the role. And those thoughts in viewers should not be happening for a succesful casting.

Jeff Webber now would be in his mid 60s at least. Tall, with something of an athletic build left in him from working in those remore places.
              i just cannot see a few of the actors mentioned in the role - because they are short people - ****nothing against these actors personally - I have watched them in other roles and loved them*****

So I hope IF Jeff retruns, he at least looks like RDA used to look that we all would go - OMGosh, Jeff has returned.

Comment

• RitaMarshall
                RitaMarshall commented
                Editing a comment
                Jeff should be in his 70s now - even before considering that all his kids are well into their 40s and they were all conceived after he finished medical school. I wouldn't hold any actor playing him to still having that athletic build, because frankly, ALL the men mentioned in this thread were very handsome and had great builds when they were in their 20s and 30s, and even into their 40s or 50s. That's just normal aging. And statistically the odds are against them to be able to maintain their physiques, especially if they haven't had consistent TV work where there's more pressure on them to keep it up.

I also wouldn't put too much thought into height, because unless they're noticeably shorter than everyone else, part of how they shoot film and TV (especially soaps) is to make it look like everyone is the same approximate height. Actors need to fit in the frame/shot together without noticeable head space. Most actors are shorter than the average, and it actually works better that way. I've heard more stories about problems when actors are too tall (and the show needing to put their co-stars on crates) than about them being too short. Tall actors only work well when their co-stars are also tall - like Sean and Tiffany. RH and RB are both tiny. I can't imagine them casting someone as their father who might tower over them.
            • bopeonarope
              Board Regular
              • Sep 2018

Jeff and Ava....bring on Michael Park. Good chance of a ratings spike there. Some age difference, but maybe it’d work anyway somehow.
              Last edited by bopeonarope; October 21, 2021, 10:44 AM.

Comment

• FleurdiLisa
                FleurdiLisa commented
                Editing a comment
                Jeff is the same age as Monica. It matters.

Michael Park is wayyyy too young to play Jeff. Ava and Liz are the same age - Jeff would have to be at least 30 years older - AND don't forget, he's a contemporary of Monica's!

it matters. When they recast Edward years ago it was cringeworthy. Jed Allen looked like Alan's brother and Lilas' son. We don't need Monica's former lover looking more like Jason and Drew's missing and unknown triplet brother.
            • themoonprince
              Contract Poster
              • Nov 2012

Originally posted by Pamcho View Post
              I can picture Jerry Van Dorn or Doug Davidson as Jeff, Walt Willey, not so much. Jeff had a thing with Monica back in the day, and of the 3, JVD is the only one I can picture with Monica.

What do we know about Liz's mother? I only ever hear about Jeff.
              Im hoping somehow Dr.O is her mom. Would make great story imo. Imaginene if Britt was her half sister and bring Hayden back to. The story would write itself. Could easily say Liesl gave Liz to Jeff and his wife so she can go chase Faison. And Faison made her forget. But Jeff remembers and tries to convince her that they were in love and falls in love with her again trying to get her to remember.

Comment

• Carerra
                Senior Board Member
                • Nov 2018

We need Jeff way more than Willow, Portia, Brooklyn, Peter or Esme

Comment

• RitaMarshall
                  Recurring Poster
                  • Feb 2017

Jerry ver Dorn has always been my #1 top choice for Jeff, or any possible GH patriarch. However, given that there's a chance he's retired now, another great choice could be Brian Kerwin. He's the right age and perfect type for Jeff, and spent nearly 4 years on OLTL.

He was just on the 500th episode of L&O:SVU and is a solid actor in every role - good guy, bad guy, a mix of both.

Comment

• Daytripper2772
                    Executive Poster
                    • Nov 2009

Robert Newman and then pair him with Cynthia Watros. They had awesome chemistry as Josh/Annie on GL…until Reva came back and they made Annie into a psychopath ?

RN is 5 years younger than RDA but I think it would work.

Comment

• RitaMarshall
                      RitaMarshall commented
                      Editing a comment
                      The only issue with these "younger" guys being cast in those father roles is that you lose the credible age gap between the parent and child. Right now we have 2 father/son pairs where the actors fall below that proper generation gap - Finn/Gregory (16 years) and Victor/Valentin (13 years). There are only 20 years between RN and RH, which is fine, except Elizabeth is basically the youngest child in her family (Hayden's about the same age) and Steven Lars is a decade older than her.

Also, Jeff is supposed to be the same age as Monica. RN is 13 younger than LC, so... Anyway, it starts to get harder if they go too young. But RN would be great for another role down the road if they needed someone in their late-50s/early-60s.
                  • Ribbonette
                    Contract Poster
                    • Sep 2015

I'd like Scott Bryce although he may be a tad young. I would be happy with any of the other actors named.

Comment

• regalbeagle
                      Contract Poster
                      • Dec 2018

Originally posted by MrAxe View Post
                      As someone who grew up watching "Another World", my vote goes to Stephen Schnetzer who played Cass Winthrop.
                      He was good on OLTL too back in the early '80s.

Comment

Google Matched Content

Collapse

Bottom of Page

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X