Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Honestly, Would Any Committed Couple Go Back To That Trioship After A NF Scenario?

Collapse

Ad Below Title

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • 2020recalibrate
    Board Regular
    • May 2020

Honestly, Would Any Committed Couple Go Back To That Trioship After A NF Scenario?

Given the whole NF scenario, would you really say let's go back to the way it was before? To me that proves co-dependency, not a real friendship. In other words, Wife, I almost had relations with your best friend; Husband, I almost did the same with another woman. Now let's all go back to being friends??? Not Healthy!
  • houstonian
    Soap Addict
    • Aug 2005

I hate that they even went there because there friendship will never be the same IMO! Sonny will not forget that his best friend and wife were ready to sleep together regardless of the circumstances. Will he ever feel comfortable leaving them alone for any reason. When Carly finds out the full truth about Nina and Sonny, she’s going to be more hurt and angry. I just don’t know how any of this is going to play out.

Comment

• Canuckster84
      Board Regular
      • Aug 2021

The whole Carly/Sonny/Jason triangle, seperate friendships are sick.

1- Sonny has never been a real friend to Jason! Sonny took advantage of a brain damaged 20 something year old, and encouraged him into a life of violence! If Sonny actually cared? He would have told Jason "No" back in 1996 or whatever year it was when Jason had his head injury! I always felt Sonny used Jason, and only cared about him when it suited Sonny's purposes... I don't recall a time where Sonny was ever a real friend to Jason.

2- Jason had no self worth here either in this triangle! The second Jason saw his buddy plowing his GF, was the 2nd Jason should have left town, and never given Sonny the time a day! Real friends don't screw their buddies significant other, and then gloat about it after... Jason does not have a shred of self worth IMO.

3- Carly/Sonny dynamic is just a sick abusive relationship.

Comment

• cruella369
        cruella369 commented
        Editing a comment
        1. I don't disagree with this - but it was a little more nuanced. Sonny didn't discourage Jason - but it's not like he recruited him or Jason was so brain damaged that Sonny was able to pull the wool over his eyes. Jason just wanted people to not have expectations of him and Sonny never did. That made Jason want to work for Sonny - but Sonny was always real about the risks. Sonny was also super damaged and didn't know he was bipolar and he was friends with Robin, Brenda and Luke - so it was a much more complex situation back then. SOnny is very self centered - and I am not sure he has been a good friend to anyone. Ever.
        2. The initial Sonny/Carly sex was because SOnny lied to Carly and on purpose had sex with her to make sure Jason would see her for the "lying trash" that Sonny thought she was. Sonny was living with another woman and when Jason came to the Penthouse, Sonny never even knew he had been shot. At least Carly knew the sex was a total betrayal and wanted to go after Jason. But Jason did heal and leave town. When he came back, Carly wanted to run away with him, but Jason could also see that the miscarriage had built a bond between Carly and Sonny. Jason didn't want to be in the middle and pledged to always be there for Carly. Neither Carly or Jason has ever NOT been there for each other. They have a super close friendship and know they can count on each other. BUT, they are both tied by their caregiving mentality around Sonny. It's always Sonny that comes first - even in this situation.
        3. I used to love Carson, but I don't believe Sonny will ever stop treating Carly badly. He constantly acts like she isn't smart or capable and expects her to take him back after he runs off with another woman. He will run to Nina and when that blows up, he will want Carly back. This time, I want her to be unavailable - for good.

• Rogue
        Rogue commented
        Editing a comment
        cruella369 You explained the dynamics of this relationship perfectly. You are right about Jason and Carly they were always friends and always there for one another. Sonny has never been as good of a friend to him or the best husband to Carly. Often when you see some of the opinions or negative remarks about the trio, Jarly or Carly specifically, it’s always out of context and minimizes their connection. Like you, if they want to continue down the primrose path of rewarding Nina with Sonny’s protection, kindness and love then let him have her, it won’t last and when it fails leave Carly out of his story. We’ve seen Sonny without Jason and Carly at different times, but since this trio developed Sonny has never been without both.
    • LadyScorpio2
      Board Regular
      • Jul 2016

If my spouse decided to marry my best friend and have it be a "real marriage" only 9 months after I had supposedly passed away I would have a problem with that. Even if I understood it to be a MOC initially, the fact that they rekindled old feelings for one another and that they were getting ready to sleep together in my bedroom and in my bed, I would not be ok. I can't imagine someone like Sonny being ok with it either. How can he see Jason and Carly alone together and not wonder.

Comment

• Rogue
        Rogue commented
        Editing a comment
        As Carly said blame Nina. Had she brought him home the MOC wouldn’t have been needed, then the feelings of romantic love wouldn’t have resurfaced, they wouldn’t have been in Carly’s room that she used to share with her dead husband. As bad as they knew he would feel, they love & respected him enough to tell the truth, whereas he’s going to let his wife be humiliated when someone … Nina, tells her the whole story of Sonny and how he didn’t want to come home and is in love with her. Sonny has no high ground here!

• Clementine15
        Clementine15 commented
        Editing a comment
        No he doesn't! Sonny is the one who will come out looking the worst in this situation. Carly and Jason told the truth even tho they knew it could hurt them. Sonny had a shot to do the same and chose not to. lf he turns to Nina, he will look pathetic and weak. He will be doing it only because he feels cheated on, not because he loves her. Carly and Jason thought he was dead. Sonny knows the whole picture, and chooses Nina???? Not the same thing at all

• Beaver
        Beaver commented
        Editing a comment
        There were other circumstances though. They had to get married to show a united front for the five mob families. Then, they decided to make it work. I think Carly took it more seriously than Jason because she became very vulnerable to all the changes happening to her. although Jason was also developing feelings for Carly, he was simply marrying her out of obligation. So, I can see them going back to their original friendship.
    • OLTLBoomer
      Aspiring soap scribe
      • Mar 2010

One word: therapy........

Comment

• Mr.Sami_Brady
        Mr.Sami_Brady commented
        Editing a comment
        Honestly, I don't think therapy could fix all of this. Even if it could with the current plot points, there is also a lot of other interconnected stuff that could be brought up (Sonny's misogyny seeing women through a madonna/whore complex, Carly's territorial behavior derailing Jason's other relationships, etc.)
    • AMK
      Board Regular
      • Jan 2018

Originally posted by 2020recalibrate View Post
      Given the whole NF scenario, would you really say let's go back to the way it was before? To me that proves co-dependency, not a real friendship. In other words, Wife, I almost had relations with your best friend; Husband, I almost did the same with another woman. Now let's all go back to being friends??? Not Healthy!
      It depends on the situation. If I was taken advantage of away from home and not told that I had a family missing and mourning me because they thought I was dead, as soon as I found that out, I definitely want to go back home and try to get my life back to what it use to be, and if it didn't work out, then adjustments would have to be made, but the person who took advantage of me and it caused my family pain and sorrow, I would never want see that person again no matter what.

Comment

• Beaver
        Beaver commented
        Editing a comment
        I am with you.
    • divamagenta
      Senior Board Member
      • Nov 2014

It may be a little blip in their lives, but there's no reason they shouldn't go back to Sonny and Carly married, and Jason as a close friend to both. None of them acted with any disloyalty or disrespect. Nina is the only one to blame in the whole messy scenario, not them.

Comment

• Beaver
        Beaver commented
        Editing a comment
        divamagenta If I were in that scenario, I would want to definitely work it out because there was no disloyalty. If I were Carly, I would still maintain my friendship with Jason. If I were in Sonny's place, I would definitely never want to have anything with Nina and work very hard in my marriage. I would be open to Carly about what went on when I had amnesia. I would also ask Carly not to go after Nina because when the time is right, we both would "take care" of her together as a couple. BTW, I was somewhat in this situation in real life (nothing too soapy), and it all worked out. I have seen soap characters work on worse issues.

• kat401
        kat401 commented
        Editing a comment
        divamagenta Sonny does not possess the generosity of spirit required to put his own feelings second to either Jason or Carly's. Knowing that he should want what's best for the people he loves just makes him angry.

• divamagenta
        divamagenta commented
        Editing a comment
        Sonny is extremely loving, generous and self-sacrificing toward his loved ones. He absolutely wants the best for Carly, Jason, his kids, etc. even at his own expense. This is the man who was willing to risk prison time by taking the blame when Michael killed Claudia. People can hate on Sonny if they want, but he would lay down his life for the people he loves.
    • Soapaholic26
      Senior Board Member
      • Jan 2017

But…suppose Jason moves on and he and Britt fall for each other again…could the trioship survive then? I think it could. Carly would be free to love Sonny who she describes as her soul mate, the one she always chooses. Sonny would have less fear of romance between his best friend and his wife. And Jason would be happy with Britt and realize that the whole Jarly episode in his life was temporary insanity probably brought on by the loss of his best friend and the anxiety of trying to run Sonny’s business without him

Comment

• kat401
        kat401 commented
        Editing a comment
        I think that what you describe above is what they are aiming for in the end, but first they want to let Sonny have a fling with Nina which can only end in disaster. I'm sure Carly will "be driven" to do something unspeakable to Nina before they're done and she will be an obstacle for JaBritt to overcome for a while before eventually reuniting with Sonny.
    • 1sbkmcfan
      Aspiring soap scribe
      • Aug 2006

Sonny and Carly survived when BM was in the role of Jason and separated himself from them. However when SBu Jason returned, or as Carly put it "her Jason", the co-dependency returned. I don't know if Sonny and Carly could survive another Jason-free life. I have always viewed it as Carly and Jason wanting to be together but Sonny is the figurehead and Carly wants the "prestige" being the wife of the head guy gives her so they keep this arrangement which works for them. I look at is a Carly having two husbands.

Comment

Google Matched Content

Collapse

Bottom of Page

Collapse
      Working...
      X