• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • regalbeagle
    Contract Poster
    • Dec 2018

Nina's Best Strategy to Win Sonny's Forgiveness

Nina doesn't deserve forgiveness from Sonny for what she did.

But there is one hail mary pass she could throw.

"Sonny, what I did was wrong but I did it because I fell in love. You are a wonderful, compassionate, strong, sexy man. I fell for you even though you didn't have money or power.

"You were just a simple man in flannel who swept floors and I wanted you more than any man I ever met."

Sonny liked classy, rich and beautiful Crimson editor Kate Howard falling for him. It appealed to his ego.

Nina could do the same thing. It wouldn't work right away but it could be in the back of his mind if things become difficult with Carly.
  • AMK
    Board Regular
    • Jan 2018

No matter what Nina tells Sonny or how he feels about her, he needs to choose between his children or Nina. The fact is that a stalker was stalking his little girl and Sonny wasn't around to protect her. His little girls haven't seen their father for 9 months, Christina was crying because she missed him so much, and Michael and Dante were happy to see Sonny and sad that they thought he was gone. Also, his wife married another man thinking he was dead. Sonny was pronounced legally dead and all the people that loves him suffered because of it - Nina caused this to happen, so why in the world would he go back to her. Clearly she doesn't care about his children. I hope he realizes that. If he breaks up with Carly, then he should find a new love that's not crazy. Sorry, but Carly should make Nina disappear and, I mean, lock her up somewhere so she can't reach the people she pretends to care about, and keep her there until her head of hair turns grey, maybe out of desperation, she will turn into another person and call herself Nel, with a personality like Mike's.

Comment

• DayRose
      Aspiring soap scribe
      • Oct 2020

Oh my gosh you might be right! It really could work, especially if Sonny gets suspicious about Carly and Jason.

Comment

• KateQ22003
        Executive Poster
        • Dec 2008

If there is one thing we know about Sonny it is that he doesn't tolerate betrayal. If he doesn't get to say, "you're dead to me" to Nina, then the writers have dropped the ball. They need to keep this part of Sonny's personality intact; it's who he is.

Comment

• OLTLBoomer
          OLTLBoomer commented
          Editing a comment
          Co sign!! ... ... ... ...

• regalbeagle
          regalbeagle commented
          Editing a comment
          The fact he didn't do it Friday speaks volumes.
      • morganfan
        Contract Poster
        • Feb 2012

Nina kept Sonny from his kids, he will never forgive that.

Comment

• Beaver
          Day Player
          • Aug 2021

Those words won't work because she knew that Sonny was rich and powerful even though Sonny didn't know it. Also, technically their kiss was non-consensual because Sonny was not aware of the whole situation. Frankly, if I were in Sonny's place and someone like Nina manipulated me like that, I would feel very violated when I get back my memories. I would pounce on her, fall on top of her while her butt lands on the floor, and I would be strangling her. People would have to taser me to split us up. Even if I forgive Nina in the future, I would not get into a relationship with her. Sonny is a hundred times more vicious than me. There is no way his character would go to Nina. It's one thing to hurt one person, but Nina hurt many of Sonny's loved ones. There is no coming back from that. Nina needs serious counselling.

Comment

• AMK
            AMK commented
            Editing a comment
            Couldn't say it better myself. Seriously, in the real world and dealing with a powerful mob person, someone like Nina would not have been around long enough to utter an explanation, she would had been eaten by crocodiles or mixed with cement.

• CarnyQueen
            CarnyQueen commented
            Editing a comment
            I think it's a very good point -- Sonny should feel violated. Because he was. Nina manipulated him and she had a bizarre power over him -- in that she knew that he was while he didn't.
        • Wild Horses
          Day Player
          • Oct 2017

Originally posted by morganfan View Post
          Nina kept Sonny from his kids, he will never forgive that.
          I sure hope not and someone needs to tell Nina that she needs a shrink!

Comment

• c83gilles
            Senior Board Member
            • Jan 2008

Or she could write out the laundry list of all horrible stuff Sonny has done in his life and tell him that people walk around thinking he’s the greatest thing since sliced bread so really - he should know all about forgiveness and what not.

Comment

• Beaver
              Beaver commented
              Editing a comment
              @c83gillies I don't know that storyline. I don't even know who Karen is. But if what you are saying is true, I agree with you about Sonny sexually violating Karen. Thanks for mentioning it to me. These writers write disgusting storylines! At this time though, Sonny is the violated person, and I can't watch.

• c83gilles
              c83gilles commented
              Editing a comment
              Beaver I do agree with you - Nina has crossed a line.
              She does need to get some serious help. I guess it’s because of storylines like the Karen and Sonny, that I just don’t feel bad for him. Karen was Scott’s daughter (although he didn’t know about it until later).

The Karen and Sonny story in full is out there on YT...it was heartbreaking. She was 17 when she was brought into Sonny’s strip club by Stone. He manipulated a KID to get up on stage and
              strip. He then found out not too long after
              that she had been raped repeatedly by i think it was her mom’s boyfriend....she said something along the lines of she let him and she’s a horrible person..while Sonny was like, everyone makes mistakes. Did you like it? No? Well then see? ????‍♀️??‍♀️ Then he ended up giving her pills and started sleeping with her.

I know this was a long time ago but I was like, ten or eleven or somewhere around there and it just stuck with me while watching. I love when Scott takes every opportunity to dog the mess out of Sonny.
              Last edited by c83gilles; September 24, 2021, 05:48 PM.

• Beaver
              Beaver commented
              Editing a comment
              c83gilles Yuck! It seems like the writers mellowed down the disgusting factor, but they haven't fully learned. Now I get why Scott hates Sonny. I don't blame him.
          • regalbeagle
            Contract Poster
            • Dec 2018

Originally posted by c83gilles View Post
            Or she could write out the laundry list of all horrible stuff Sonny has done in his life and tell him that people walk around thinking he’s the greatest thing since sliced bread so really - he should know all about forgiveness and what not.
            I don't think appealing to his guilt has as good a chance to work as stroking his ego.

Comment

• c83gilles
              c83gilles commented
              Editing a comment
              This is highly true. I do totally agree with that. I know some posters think that I am a total Sonny downer (I am lol). But the character has soooo much more potential. He’s been stagnant since the 90’s. I think it’s high time for him to evolve. While I feel Jason is a one note character - Sonny is not. It’s about time Sonny has a “coming to Jesus moment”.
          • Laura Lynn
            Recurring Poster
            • Aug 2021

I'm not being sarcastic.... she needs to walk into GH and asked to be held for a psych evaluation. 36 hours? I dunno how long they keep them.

You say you're not delusional? Prove it.
            Last edited by Laura Lynn; September 24, 2021, 10:19 AM.

Comment

• Clementine15
              Clementine15 commented
              Editing a comment
              So far a little frowning and concerned looks is all we have gotten. l'm thinking she is going to escape the loony bin, And Maxie totally understands and forgives, hey, we all make mistakes!!
          • CarnyQueen
            I Let My Evil Twin Post For Me
            • Mar 2006

I think the smartest thing Nina could do would be to leave Port Charles. If Sonny were a real-life mob boss, she would soon be fertilizing the Pine Barrens. The show isn't going to go that route, of course.

But even if she lays it on thick and tells Sonny that he was so overwhelmingly sexy that she couldn't help being swept away by his charms, he's not going to buy it. Because Nina's initial motivation was to get revenge on Carly.

And too many people were hurt by her actions.

Comment

• regalbeagle
              Contract Poster
              • Dec 2018

Nina tried this strategy today, at least the declaration of love part. And Sonny couldn't look at her for fear of acknowledging that he loved her too.

Now Sonny and Nina seems like a wartime romance.

Nina is talking to Sonny on the tarmac. She knows he has to go back with his wife for the war effort.

Sonny, I'm no good at being noble, but it doesn't take much to see that the problems of three little people don't amount to a hill of Corinthos coffee beans in this crazy world. Someday you'll understand that. Now, now. Here's looking at you, Mike.
              Last edited by regalbeagle; September 24, 2021, 02:08 PM.

Comment

• 1sbkmcfan
                Aspiring soap scribe
                • Aug 2006

I do not think Nina should seek forgiveness from Sonny. She just needs to do what she said and just go out of her way to avoid him and leave well enough alone.

Comment

• JackieChan
                  Board Regular
                  • Mar 2021

My issue with Nina is her lack of genuine remorse for hurting his children. It’s what bothers me the most. Deflecting to her feelings for him or blaming Carly just further illustrates how she doesn’t care about that part. I just can’t get past that.

Comment

• AMK
                    AMK commented
                    Editing a comment
                    That is how I feel too. The grow ups can handle whatever they choose to, but when children are involved, that's a different story. Another thing that bothers me is to let everyone you love and loves you think you are legally dead, and have no conscious about that, is really awful and creepy.
                • soapfiction
                  Aspiring soap scribe
                  • Mar 2012

Others have gotten forgiveness for the heinous things they've done, so I see no problem with Nina getting forgiveness from Sonny or any of his family eventually. Monica actually hugged the woman who wrecked her son's life and wished her other son happiness with that same woman. Nina was all types of wrong, however Sonny himself has been known to be resentful, vindictive and a liar. If he was in Nina's shoes would he have done the same....who knows. Nina has apologized to him, he can either accept it and or not. But he can also simply tell her to leave him alone and stay away from him and his family. And if she doesn't, let the mobster take out a restraining order.

Comment

Google Matched Content

Collapse

Bottom of Page

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X