Clear All
  • CashierJudy
    Contract Poster
    • Jul 2008

Viewers Sept 6-10th

For the week of September 6-10th.
    1.951 million people watched.
    GH viewers down -169,000 viewers for the week
    GH was down -101,000 viewers from 2020 to 2021.
    We've hit an 11 month low in viewers.

Time to get back to writing like a soap opera not a prime time crime drama.
  • Laura Lynn
    Recurring Poster
    • Aug 2021

A lot of viewers are back to work after the pandemic shut down! Does the viewership account for those who DVR or watch online?

Comment

• CashierJudy
      CashierJudy commented
      Editing a comment
      You can Goggle soap opera ratings and get all of the data ..... I posted only briefly and reworded as it's against the rules to copy verbatim.
  • militarymom
    Contract Poster
    • Nov 2019

I haven't watched for a couple of weeks. After reading the live thread, there was nothing that I needed to see. Enough with the Sonny and Carly show.

Comment

• CashierJudy
      CashierJudy commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes same. I stopped DVRing it too. I no longer consider this show a soap.

• MeTyme
      MeTyme commented
      Editing a comment
      Same for me. I FF a lot so decided to take a break.
      I don't like Michael and Willow and the way they made Chase prop them.
      I'm not interested in Sasha/Brando.
      Too much of propping Carly. Monica and Joss propping her has gone overboard; just ridiculous to me. Makes me not want to watch.
      On a break, but read here to see when it's cool to come back.
  • OLTL'69
    Aspiring soap scribe
    • Apr 2011

This is a big back to school and end of summer vacations week. I wonder if viewership was up in 2020. I know I went from catching Hulu to watching almost everyday during the shutdown

Comment

• CashierJudy
      CashierJudy commented
      Editing a comment
      Y&R lost from the week before also. However Young and Restless gained 446,000 viewers over last year.
  • CarnyQueen
    I Let My Evil Twin Post For Me
    • Mar 2006

Not only was it a big back-to-school week, one day was a holiday, Labor Day, when the show didn't air. Labor Day wasn't on the same week last year so I don't think year-to-year comparisons are really valid here.

Comment

• CashierJudy
      CashierJudy commented
      Editing a comment
      The show did air....they chose to air a rerun.

• CashierJudy
      CashierJudy commented
      Editing a comment
      Young and Restless gained 446,000 viewers that week over the year before.
  • want2stayGHfan
    I Let My Evil Twin Post For Me
    • Jul 2015

As I understand it, GH ratings have tied the all-time lowest GH ratings for the last 3 weeks in a row.

Comment

• CashierJudy
      CashierJudy commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes, ratings aren't good long term. These writers are killing us.
  • DayRose
    Aspiring soap scribe
    • Oct 2020

I watch daily but bringing back Peter and Cyrus would almost keep me from watching. I'm just so tired of villains. I also can't stand Esme but at least she is fairly new. I think GH needs to focus on the hospital, love and friendships. I'm tired of never ending bad guys being front and center.

Comment

• rocktheboat
      Board Regular
      • Jun 2015

Valentini needs to go. Whoever at the network is calling the shots needs to go.

And they need to take Sonny, Carly, Jason, and Sam with them.

Comment

• Nikki7447xoxo
        Contract Poster
        • Sep 2019

Originally posted by Laura Lynn View Post
        A lot of viewers are back to work after the pandemic shut down! Does the viewership account for those who DVR or watch online?
        im hearing it is because GH horrific reunion(other people wording online)of Jase with Carly.

i m not sure though.

Adios.

Comment

• CashierJudy
          CashierJudy commented
          Editing a comment
          Yes, rewriting history and changing a character to push the plot just doesn't work in soaps. We follow our characters and know them well.
          It amazes me how familiar views are with characters and their history. Clearly TPTB don't know their viewers at all.

• stormy5
          stormy5 commented
          Editing a comment
          I know people who said they would not watch because the Jason & Carly mess as well. I just watched it on Hulu at night so I could skip through their scenes.
      • Nikki7447xoxo
        Contract Poster
        • Sep 2019

Originally posted by want2stayGHfan View Post
        As I understand it, GH ratings have tied the all-time lowest GH ratings for the last 3 weeks in a row.
        few weeks yep.

mts mts mts mtsmts

Comment

• truecrew
          Recurring Poster
          • Oct 2017

They need to cutdown on their storylines. Too many storylines that are just ignored for weeks at a time.

Saying that I still would watch GH over the two CBS soaps. Y&R’s writers are FAR worse than GH’s, and B&B’s writers aren’t much better.

Comment

• charmed53
            Board Regular
            • Jan 2009

Yep yep.. haven't watched for about 3 weeks now. I cant... I tried FF the couple I can't stand... but they are pretty much the whole show now so there's no point in watching for now. Sad thing is... multiple articles out about people not watching because of them... and yet they are still on. I have switched over to Y&R... i only come on here to see when it's worth watching again. I do have hope that GH can turn it around because when GH is good... it really is the best... but what they have been showing the past few weeks ain't it!

Comment

• CashierJudy
              CashierJudy commented
              Editing a comment
              I'm watching Y&R too. At least it is soapy.
          • Wild Horses
            Day Player
            • Oct 2017

Originally posted by truecrew View Post
            They need to cutdown on their storylines. Too many storylines that are just ignored for weeks at a time.
            Yes I agree. I actually forget what was going on from the last time they showed something on a SL, to many going on and to much time lapse.
            I watch everyday almost and always look forward to my time.

Comment

• JaySherman
              Aspiring soap scribe
              • Jun 2008

The ratings are a bit off for this rating period as GH aired a repeat on Labor Day and that was counted towards it's weekly ratings.

In past years, Nielsen excluded repeat airings of soaps from the ratings however they chose to include it this year for some reason.

Comment

• Bella Scorpio
                Contract Poster
                • Feb 2013

I will say that I've only watched bits and pieces over the past couple weeks. When I heard that Peter was back I just had absolutely no interest in watching him again on my screen. And I refused to watch the Jarly wedding or any of the build up to it because I don't want to see them as a couple. There just really aren't any story lines I'm interested in right now. I may take a peek this coming week to see Sonny's reaction to the Jarly marriage. I like to keep an eye on this forum and the live threads to see when I might want to start watching regularly again. Thank you so much to the folks who give us the live threads! I use those as my guide as to whether or not I want to watch any of the episodes.

Comment

Google Matched Content

Collapse

Bottom of Page

Collapse
                Working...
                X