For Pete’s Sake, Sonny. Shut Up and Untie Her!

Collapse

Ad Below Title

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • CHug
    Day Player
    • Aug 2019

For Pete’s Sake, Sonny. Shut Up and Untie Her!

Jax managed to untie Phyllis and walk out of the Tan-O while “Mike” continued to kneel in front of Nina and profess his love instead of getting her out of the burning building. What the heck? Untie her, run out of the burning building, THEN tell her you love her, for crying out loud!!

Sorry, couldn’t keep that in!
  • jmpenn90
    Contract Poster
    • Jan 2009

I would rather he leave her at this point but you are right that he was being pretty stupid. I think they just wanted to show the audience how much “Mike” and Nina love each other before he potentially gets his memory back. But it just made him look stupid to me.

Comment

• rkm137
      Aspiring soap scribe
      • Dec 2009

Right? Although, not gonna lie, I was cool with either or both of them dying because they took time out of escaping a fire to DTR. Also, I would laugh for ever if Sonny died because he got clobbered by a falling beam after failing to hurry his rescue because he wanted to talk about his effing feelings.

Comment

• CHug
        CHug commented
        Editing a comment
        Cause of Death: Too Stupid To Live!

• jmpenn90
        jmpenn90 commented
        Editing a comment
        He has to live because we didn’t sit through months of that stupid NF story for no payoff. And while it would be pretty funny for Jax to go home and tell everyone Sonny was alive but died again that wouldn’t be as dramatic. So Sonny needs to live and Nina probably does also so that Carly can slap her and Michael and Ava can be disappointed in her because of the kids. Then they can both die or leave or whatever.

• LittlePea
        LittlePea commented
        Editing a comment
        CHug ????? you win!
    • kayemu
      Board Regular
      • Feb 2007

There are so many reasons why I want Sunny back but this has got to be the primary reason: Mike is a world-class idiot. Why on earth would you run into a burning building to have a conversation with someone? Did the amnesia make him stupid?

Comment

• DayRose
        Aspiring soap scribe
        • Oct 2020

Watching Sonny be a bumbling fool trying to save his lady love was so frustrating to watch! I can't stand watching them anyway so his stupidity just made it more unbearable!

Comment

• pattybk
          pattybk commented
          Editing a comment
          Why did the writers do this? Takes away from what could've been a better, less frustrating, shaking my head scene. But the writers did it, not a character named Sonny.
      • crosbpa
        Board Regular
        • Jun 2007

The whole thing was so frustrating. First he's standing out the door shouting for Nina to answer him when both women were not that far away and screaming as much as they could while gagged. So after that delay, he wastes time chatting instead of rescuing her. THEN I know it was slo-mo but it sure seemed like he had enough time to get out of the way of that beam after pushing Nina out of the way.

Comment

• Acceler8
          Recurring Poster
          • May 2020

They should have given long, lingering pledges of love and exchanged a slow, romantic kiss!

Great fire effects, by the way.

Comment

• Golden Girl
            Recurring Poster
            • May 2019

Or just tip the chair backwards and drag her out, genius! Jeeze…then you stop and look up, and push Nina out of the way of a falling beam, and get knocked it when you could have gotten out too. If that knock on the head brings his memory back, the show has devolved into Gilligan’s Island.

Comment

• Harbor Club
              Harbor Club commented
              Editing a comment
              Exactly! He didn't have to get her awake or untied to get her out.

• Francophile
              Francophile commented
              Editing a comment
              Perfect comment! It would indeed be on par with Gilligan’s Island!! I remember watching G.I. and yelling at the TV even when I was a little kid. This storyline continues to be so frustrating…

• CarnyQueen
              CarnyQueen commented
              Editing a comment
              Ha ha! The old cocoanut falling on the beam....
          • slylett
            Contract Poster
            • Jan 2006

By far, one of the dumbest scenes of 2021!

Comment

• littleliz
              littleliz commented
              Editing a comment
              Thank you so agree!!
          • lala214
            Senior Board Member
            • Apr 2018

It was beyond lame! None of it made sense, and it wasn't anything an actual person would do. Plus, instead of pushing her out of the way and standing there, why don't you push and run WITH her out of the way?!?! Lame, lame, lame!!

Comment

• MsMalin
              Senior Board Member
              • Aug 2018

My husband was laughing so hard.
              And did you see how easy it was for Jax to get the rope off Phyllis?!

Comment

• rkm137
                rkm137 commented
                Editing a comment
                Maybe Phyllis is just better at tying ropes than Peter is.

• Harbor Club
                Harbor Club commented
                Editing a comment
                These comments made me laugh! Too bad Phyllis didn't take the shot, she is probably better at that then Peter too.

• Topaz25
                Topaz25 commented
                Editing a comment
                My co-worker and I laughed so hard at all this! We agreed it was entertaining but probably not in the way GH writers intended. And I didn't see their feet tied to chair. Why didnt net hey just walk out????!!!
            • clamcat
              Executive Poster
              • Sep 2005

Originally posted by kayemu View Post
              There are so many reasons why I want Sunny back but this has got to be the primary reason: Mike is a world-class idiot. Why on earth would you run into a burning building to have a conversation with someone? Did the amnesia make him stupid?
              I disagree. To me, today was classic Sonny as he literally almost talked Nina to death. It’s why he never finishes anyone off when he’s holding them at gun point: too busy talking!

OP, thank you for this thread. I was hoping someone would start one.

I’m only surprised Sonny didn’t interrupt his soliloquy long enough to throw some barware around.

Comment

• MsMalin
                MsMalin commented
                Editing a comment
                Too too funny!

• Francophile
                Francophile commented
                Editing a comment
                You know, you’re right…Mike was channeling his inner Sonny! He always tried talking them to death, lol!

• Topaz25
                Topaz25 commented
                Editing a comment
                OMG, I nearly choked on my apple!!!
            • elj2014b
              Board Regular
              • Nov 2014

LOL, that has got to be the most inept rescue I've ever seen. She could have died twice before he made a move to free her. I'm glad that Jax was all motion.

Comment

• Ekokai
                Board Regular
                • Feb 2010

I was hoping Peter would come back to check on the fire and just shoot them both while Sonny kept yelling 'don't leave me' and I kept yelling 'until the ropes, you idiot!'.

Comment

• shmotis
                  Soap Addict
                  • Sep 2006

AHHHHHH! drove me crazy how slow and stupid it was

Comment

Google Matched Content

Collapse

Bottom of Page

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X