• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Kristabell
    Contract Poster
    • Jan 2021

Thoughts on yesterday's rerun episode?

If any of you watched the episode what were your thoughts about Jason and Britta knowing what we know now?
    They weren't together, barely knew each other Jason was still with Sam but yet for me there was a connection between Jason and Britta in those short scenes! He had her pegged from thr from get go and she was taken back from the possibility that someone might believe that she was better than percieved!
    I don't know where they're going to go from here but I personally enjoyed the journey they had while they had it!
  • FleurdiLisa
    Senior Board Member
    • Mar 2021

The holiday episodes usually aren't chosen at random. I think it's a nod that there is more to their story yet to come. It's kind of like "Previously on...." for a primetime show; they'll show a scene that hardly anyone remembers from an earlier episode in the season because something specific from that episode will play a part in the new episode.

Comment

• want2stayGHfan
      I Let My Evil Twin Post For Me
      • Jul 2015

Originally posted by Kristabell View Post
      If any of you watched the episode what were your thoughts about Jason and Britta
      Originally posted by FleurdiLisa View Post
      The holiday episodes usually aren't chosen at random. I think it's a nod that there is more to their story yet to come.
      I completely agree with this!

Jason has been mostly grudgingly loyal to Carly all these years; I want to see Jason tell Britt he was just trying to make the best of the situation with Carly, but in his heart, he wanted to be with Britt, not Carly, the entire time!

Comment

• Mary Mae Ward1
        Board Regular
        • Apr 2018

Well what ever Jason feels for Britt, it is less important to his loyalty to all things related to Caryl and Sonny, including their kids.

But if that is good enough for Britt and her fans, it is good enough for me. I am too thrilled that Sam is not the happy to be second fiddle, ride and die mate for the loser Jason.

Comment

• lala214
          lala214 commented
          Editing a comment
          I couldn't agree more w/your every word!
      • dannan
        Recurring Poster
        • Dec 2007

I believe that the episode is to remind the audience that there is more coming to the Jason/Britt story. How can there not be with the reintroduction of Victor Cassadine?
        I look forward to seeing the episodes after the wedding debacle takes place.

Comment

• want2stayGHfan
          I Let My Evil Twin Post For Me
          • Jul 2015

Originally posted by Mary Mae Ward1 View Post
          Well what ever Jason feels for Britt, it is less important to his loyalty to all things related to Caryl and Sonny, including their kids.

But if that is good enough for Britt and her fans, it is good enough for me. I am too thrilled that Sam is not the happy to be second fiddle, ride and die mate for the loser Jason.
          Unless I've missed something, there aren't any Jason-Britt fans who want to see Britt play second fiddle to Carly.

Originally posted by dannan View Post
          I believe that the episode is to remind the audience that there is more coming to the Jason/Britt story. How can there not be with the reintroduction of Victor Cassadine?
          I look forward to seeing the episodes after the wedding debacle takes place.
          I completely agree with this!

Comment

• want2stayGHfan
            want2stayGHfan commented
            Editing a comment
            lala214 Unless I've missed something, there is no "they that like it";

Especially since the audience saw nuJason just walk away from the mob and from CarSon, out in the open, in front of all the enemies, with absolutely no negative consequences whatsoever.

I completely agree Jason, who prioritizes, CarSon and their kids, is a romantic loser.

But, that said, there is no "always" on a soap opera; all it would take is a stroke of the pen for the Jason character to decide to stop prioritizing CarSon and their kids;

And, that's what TPTB should do, imo; since Jason as a romantic partner, in his current form, is a loser, imo.

• lala214
            lala214 commented
            Editing a comment
            I guess I would find Jason changing - at this point in his life - hard to swallow, especially if he does so for Britt. I could buy it if he decided to change for Sam and her kids since he had been in a 15-20 year relationshiop w/the woman . . . but changing for Britt?!?!! Nope. Not buying that at all.

And that's not b/c I dislike Britt. I've always liked Britt. I would just find that story wholly unbelievable and downright insulting.

But, again, that's JMO.

• want2stayGHfan
            want2stayGHfan commented
            Editing a comment
            lala214 (Not that it matters in this discussion, imo, but), Although Jason's relationship with Sam spanned a period of a little over 15 years, on and off, their actual time together as a couple was less than 5 years.

I don't want to see Jason decide to change his life "for Britt". I want to see Jason decide to change his life for "himself"!

He should reevaluate his entire life (the part since 1995 that he can remember) and wish he hadn't made the decision to waste his time being CarSon's lapdog and Carly's babysitter all these years.

Jason should decide that, even if Britt were to never agree to take him back, he's still done with Carly and CarSon, imo.

If he can figure out how to de-mob-thug himself and still be friends with Sonny, that could be ok, imo; but he needs to get needy clingy manipulative Carly completely out of his life, imo.

Google Matched Content

Collapse

Bottom of Page

Collapse
        Working...
        X