Just when I thought Jax couldn't be any more insufferable...

Collapse

Ad Below Title

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • divamagenta
    Senior Board Member
    • Nov 2014

Just when I thought Jax couldn't be any more insufferable...

Jason was so incredibly gracious and patient in the midst of bully Jax demanding and threatening and insulting, and Jax still didn't learn when to shut up and listen. He just has absolutely no concept of being a reasonable person. I was hoping that Jason would have reminded him that Joss is a young adult now, and all his pouting and foot-stamping doesn't give him the right to decide who she lives with anymore. Once again, it was made quite obvious that Jason is the far better man. He had the patience of a saint to put up with Jax' nonsensical rantings.

• eileenregina
    Soap Addict
    • Jun 2011

Jason will never be a better man than Jax. Jax is not my favorite person at the moment but Jason is still a criminal. I am sick of the Jason Halo and worship. If he was a better person he would not be working with organized crime.

Comment

• thebigman226
      thebigman226 commented
      Editing a comment
      And what do you call Jax repeatedly hiding and helping Jerry.

• stopthefall
      stopthefall commented
      Editing a comment
      Well I wouldn’t compare it to anything that a multi murdering hitman does that’s for one.

When was the last time that Jax helped Jerry in any way? And when did Joss live in the same house with Jerry?
  • SamDeanLover1
    Board Regular
    • Jan 2010

So it's wrong for Jax to protect his daughter?

Comment

• SamDeanLover1
      SamDeanLover1 commented
      Editing a comment
      I disagree.

• BettieCat
      BettieCat commented
      Editing a comment
      SamDeanLover1 I disagree as well, but so many seem to think that him not wanting his child to die in a mob war is the worst thing he could ever do!

• Laura Luke
      Laura Luke commented
      Editing a comment
      No it isn't wrong for Jax to protect his daughter no matter what age she is . I hate what the writers are doing to Jax
  • Sioban
    Scriptwriter
    • Aug 2009

Yup, you said it. Joss is an adult now who should be making her own decisions about her life. Carly and Jason need to show Jax the way and tell Joss not to come whining to them when a mob thug threatens her. Carly and Jason should tell Joss she needs to stand on her own feet, and if she feels threatened by someone to hire her own bodyguards. Joss is an adult, and Carly and Jason shouldn’t have to baby her anymore. Jax is just the worst parent ever, trying to protect Joss from being killed. Joss needs to step up and do that on her own. Carly and Jason! Take up arms and tell all PC parents to answer the call and to cut off their adult children at 18 and stop coddling them! Joss, stop running to Carly when some random mobster approaches you and deal with it yourself already! You are an adult!

Comment

• bubsmom
      bubsmom commented
      Editing a comment
      That's right! Although, I think Jason should have given her shooting lessons when she turned 18. That way when Joey bothered her she could have popped him in the kneecap to send her own 'message' and Jason wouldn't have had to do it for her that she's an adult.

• Sioban
      Sioban commented
      Editing a comment
      Perfect solution! Then Joss wouldn’t need a bodyguard at all!
  • victorialord
    Executive Poster
    • Jan 2013

Originally posted by eileenregina View Post
    Jason will never be a better man than Jax. Jax is not my favorite person at the moment but Jason is still a criminal. I am sick of the Jason Halo and worship. If he was a better person he would not be working with organized crime.
    Thank you! Jason is a professional killer. Jax may have his faults, but he's actually acting like a PARENT! Who would want their kid living in the middle of a mob? Who would want their kid's step dad to be a "professional killer"? Who would want their kid approached by Joey Novak & told he'd be at her game?
    Jason was gracious?! Yes, he was very polite in discussing the MOB THREAT in their lives..

Comment

• MsMalin
      MsMalin commented
      Editing a comment
      ROFL! I don't blame Jax one bit. Saying an 18 year old is an adult and can make her own decisions is also laughable to me. Certain areas of the brain are not yet fully developed and able to make decisions. I would trust Jax decision making over hers.

• Emerald Greens
      Emerald Greens commented
      Editing a comment
      Totally agree . An 18 year old has legal autonomy but mentally and emotionally they are not always that mature .

• Clementine15
      Clementine15 commented
      Editing a comment
      ^^^O boy, this is the truth. Most parents' hair turn completely grey during the years 18 to 25!
  • tart777
    Senior Board Member
    • Sep 2012

Jax is such a sanctimonious jerk.

It's time he self-deports to Australia!

Comment

• DayRose
      DayRose commented
      Editing a comment
      Sad to say but I agree with you!

• eileenregina
      eileenregina commented
      Editing a comment
      He at least cares about the safety of his daughter as a responsible parent would regardless of what age they are. If Jason was a "better person" he would pay more attention to his own kids.
  • Wild Horses
    Day Player
    • Oct 2017

Jax is a concerned father and I see nothing that he did wrong. He was pissed and rightly so. Again I love the mob SL but I agree with Jax because he is worried and his emotions got the best of him. So what?

Comment

• kristendny
      Scriptwriter
      • May 2012

I can't blame Jax for being concerned about his daughter who was recently threatened by a mobster. Jason gave him no reassurance about anything.

Comment

• Bkes Mom
        I Let My Evil Twin Post For Me
        • Sep 2009

I dont care for Jax but on this, Team Jax for me. He was already worried and now his daughter was actually approached and threatened. Whenever someone lets you know that they know all your business and your schedule, they are threatening you. And why didnt Joss have a body guard that day, Jarly already knew trouble was brewing, isnt that why they are getting married.

Comment

• AMHardulak
          Aspiring soap scribe
          • Jan 2009

I am a long time Jason fan but I am with Jax on this one (even Jason gets it). Jax has watched the "mob dance" forever and has had a front row seat to the devastation. His only daughter has been threatened; why wouldn't he want to do anything for her?

Comment

• soapfiction
            Aspiring soap scribe
            • Mar 2012

If only Jason was concerned about his own offsprings as Jax is about his daughter. Don’t get me wrong half the time Jax is insufferable (normally when he’s enabling Carly), but IMO he wasn’t….Jax seems to be very terrified and a little angry because he has no control over protecting his child. He’s just suppose to wait on the sidelines and hope Jason and Carly keeps her safe. Plus Jax wasn’t bullying anybody….at least that’s not my definition of it. What was happening to Aiden at school that time is bullying.

Comment

• Rogue
              Rogue commented
              Editing a comment
              Love Jax, and he should be concerned about Joss, but he can’t go off by himself and start something he can’t finish on his own. He will probably be the exact reason why someone will get hurt. Enabling Carly how? Jax is responsible for his own choices, which he has dragged Carly into with his lies. Kidnapping Spencer, trying to frame Sonny for Claudia’s murder & snatching a kidney out of child that came back to terrorize Carly are all on Jax. When it comes to keeping secrets about Nell, I think Jax owes Carly some “enabling”?, if that’s what your referring too.
          • c83gilles
            Senior Board Member
            • Jan 2008

Jax has every right to be concerned for his daughter - and confront her soon to he step dad who actively engages in the mob.

Comment

• believeinme246
              Aspiring soap scribe
              • Jan 2015

Carly and I have created a situation that puts your daughter in danger, but don't worry because I will keep her safe. Riiiiiight. How Munchausen by Proxy is that?

I am team Jax on this one.

Comment

• njsoaplover
                Senior Board Member
                • Feb 2014

Originally posted by divamagenta View Post
                Jason was so incredibly gracious and patient in the midst of bully Jax demanding and threatening and insulting, and Jax still didn't learn when to shut up and listen. He just has absolutely no concept of being a reasonable person. I was hoping that Jason would have reminded him that Joss is a young adult now, and all his pouting and foot-stamping doesn't give him the right to decide who she lives with anymore. Once again, it was made quite obvious that Jason is the far better man. He had the patience of a saint to put up with Jax' nonsensical rantings.
                I have never liked Jax, and I don't like him now, but 'incredible rantings?' What part of what he said incredible and how is expressing yourself strongly a rant? If you want to see what an incredible rant looks like please refer to Carly any time she disagrees with someone or wants her way. I do agree that he really has no say in Josselyn's parenting since she is 18. But if we're being honest about it neither does Joss.

Comment

• Ribbonette
                  Contract Poster
                  • Sep 2015

Haven't loved Jax like I used to, especially since this last stint. But I'm standing with him on this one. Realistically, if this hadn't been a soap, Joss would've been living in Australia and never moved to the US because her mom married a mob boss - Jax would've had that one covered. He loves his daughter and now that he sees how much the mob activity is ramping up, how Carly is now front & center as the mob boss, it really changes things. Clearly, he doesn't want Joss to be in harms way. Jason and Carly are the ones being sanctimonious, not Jax.

Comment

• Rogue
                    Rogue commented
                    Editing a comment
                    It shouldn’t take anything ramping up for him to take his daughter out of a dangerous situation. Also, he’s had 18 years to fight for her and hasn’t. However, he has been galavanting around the world having a good ole time. That being said, things ramped when Dev was killed. Jax didn’t storm the compound to take her out of there, probably because he was to busy with Nina. I do agree if this was real life some things would be different when it comes to true powerful mobs and that is Jax wouldn’t be alive. He would have been dead when he thought about taking custody from Carly or at the least when he tried to get on a plane with Joss. I honestly don’t think any of them are showing hubris, they’re worried & trying to figure out how to not make things worse, my guess is that’s what will happen and it will be because of Jax.

• Ribbonette
                    Ribbonette commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I agree that it shouldn't take ramping up, but again, it's a soap. So as I respond to most things here, I try to keep that in mind and allow some suspension of disbelief. Sonny was keeping things under control as a whole (even with Dev, he was going strong after Julian and Cyrus.). Jax being upset about the mobster approaching his daughter is understandable as this is a direct threat towards her. Jax can be a tool, but I gotta stand behind him on this one.

You do make a good point about Jax being fish food if this were real life (assuming he didn't get out of the US first with Joss) so an lol on that!

Google Matched Content

Collapse

Bottom of Page

Collapse
                Working...
                X