Carly “sees” Sonny’s “ghost” but he’s still alive.

Collapse

Ad Below Title

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Maxiegirl
    Aspiring soap scribe
    • Feb 2008

Carly “sees” Sonny’s “ghost” but he’s still alive.

Carly “sees” Sonny’s “ghost” but Sonny is still alive.

So she’s actually just having a conversation with herself and I guess a “vision” she has of what she thinks is Sonny’s “ghost”?!

Is that how to describe it?!
  • believeinme246
    Aspiring soap scribe
    • Jan 2015

I thought she's just imagining him. He's back in his vampire costume. I am not a fan of that look. He is so handsome with the salt and pepper hair and casual clothing. He always was. That's why I loved Sonny in the wheelchair, not because he was in one, but I think that's just such a handsome look for him.

Comment

• GH1963
      Day Player
      • Aug 2019

In the real world, this would be called psychosis.

Comment

• DaffyMaiden
        DaffyMaiden commented
        Editing a comment
        If she actually saw him it would be, but it's in her imagination.

• NolaAnn
        NolaAnn commented
        Editing a comment
        ???????? your right !

• Flur
        Flur commented
        Editing a comment
        No, in the real world, we call it grief.
    • kat401
      Contract Poster
      • Aug 2005

It's just a dramatic technique. We're not supposed to think that is Sonny's ghost. It's Carly imagining what Sonny would say if he were with her.

Comment

• soapfiction
        Aspiring soap scribe
        • Mar 2012

It was a manifestation of what Carly really wants…Jason. They want us to believe Carly is struggling with this.

Comment

• Trezured1
          Trezured1 commented
          Editing a comment
          I don't believe this at all. There was a time when I think it would have been true but not now. She IS struggling with this.
      • franron
        Aspiring soap scribe
        • Oct 2005

Little does Carly know that her vision of the Sonny she knew and loved is now the grizzled, gray-headed, whisker faced, Smike of NF.

Comment

• Wild Horses
          Wild Horses commented
          Editing a comment
          HA!!!! I can't wait for this to come forth.

• MsMalin
          MsMalin commented
          Editing a comment
          And he is smiling more than he ever did with her!
      • elj2014b
        Board Regular
        • Nov 2014

That's what I thought especially from the way she greeted Jason when he came home. They can now go full ahead. Sonny has given them his blessing. Sorry, I'm not with it! I don't know what Jax was talking to Jason about ending "it" or what "it" is but maybe Jason wouldn't look so miserable. LOL I think a serious train wreck is waiting to happen.

Comment

• Maxiegirl
          Aspiring soap scribe
          • Feb 2008

So literally everything “Sonny” is saying to her is what Carly is imaging “Sonny” would say to her if he was actually a “ghost”. It’s a vision directly from Carly’s imagination. Her mind!

Comment

• franron
            franron commented
            Editing a comment
            'Sonny', giving her permission, to make her feel better, about what she's doing. It usually works out your way if you are doing all the imagining.

• Maxiegirl
            Maxiegirl commented
            Editing a comment
            No kidding! Lol ?
        • 2020recalibrate
          Board Regular
          • May 2020

Carly's imaginary conversations with Sonny (in her head and heart) are only what she WANTS to believe. Sonny would never be that complacent about Jarly's MOC: What's right for me (Sonny) is not right for thee (Jason/Carly). Carly had 2 MOCs' with Sonny in CarSon's past, generally legal manuevers to protect Sonny from going to jail.
          Last edited by JCmojoe81; August 13, 2021, 09:16 PM. Reason: Spoiler in a non spoiler thread

Comment

• JackieChan
            Board Regular
            • Mar 2021

Originally posted by soapfiction View Post
            It was a manifestation of what Carly really wants…Jason. They want us to believe Carly is struggling with this.
            If Carly wasn’t genuinely struggling, they wouldn’t write her pretending to be. Carly as written is grieving her husband,
            Last edited by Moore ideas; August 14, 2021, 01:32 PM. Reason: Characterization of posters with different opinions is not permitted.

Comment

• MalteseBaby
              MalteseBaby commented
              Editing a comment
              I agree with you. It actually changed the way I view Carly's feelings about marrying Jason. She cried over missing Sonny, and then she cried in a sad way about the possibility of marrying Jason will change their friendship.
              It was heart- wrenching to me.
              I'm a Behavioral Psychologist and the word " psychotic" never entered my mind. It was her and her conversation with herself, and imaging the other half of it.

I thought it was very well done!!

• AMHardulak
              AMHardulak commented
              Editing a comment
              ^^I so agree. LW was incredible in that scene

• Carablue
              Carablue commented
              Editing a comment
              It was very well done.
          • JackieChan
            Board Regular
            • Mar 2021

Originally posted by Maxiegirl View Post
            So literally everything “Sonny” is saying to her is what Carly is imaging “Sonny” would say to her if he was actually a “ghost”. It’s a vision directly from Carly’s imagination. Her mind!
            Technically imo it’s always from their mind when a character is visited by someone they lost. Like Zander visiting Cam. JMO though

Comment

• OLTL'69
              OLTL'69 commented
              Editing a comment
              Yes we have seen ghosts that we were lead to believe were ghosts at the time come back to life.
              So I think it is in the mind of the the dreamer
          • JackieChan
            Board Regular
            • Mar 2021

Originally posted by 2020recalibrate View Post
            Carly's imaginary conversations with Sonny (in her head and heart) are only what she WANTS to believe. Sonny would never be that complacent about Jarly's MOC: What's right for me (Sonny) is not right for thee (Jason/Carly). Carly had 2 MOCs' with Sonny in CarSon's past, generally legal manuevers to protect Sonny from going to jail.
            MB has already reported the Sonny return will be EXPLOSIVE! That signals mega Anger and Betrayal emotions on Sonny/Smike's part.
            See I think Carly knows Sonny extremely well. She know exactly how he would react. If he were truly dead, I don’t think he’d want her to be a widow forever even though he wouldn’t love her moving on. It’s only betrayal because he’s not actually dead Imo. So it’s not necessarily her actions or choices but his existence which she’s unaware of

Comment

• jpa777
              Soap Addict
              • Feb 2013

Carly just having a daydream when no one else was around. Talking to herself. Everyone does that sometimes ….don’t they?!

Comment

• OLTL'69
                OLTL'69 commented
                Editing a comment
                LOL I hope this is just a dramatized view of what was going on in her head. If someone came by hey would see her looking "lost in space" but not talking to Sonny

• jpa777
                jpa777 commented
                Editing a comment
                @OLTL’69 Years ago on Y/R when the head writer killed off John Abbott, his grown son Jack saw his father’s ghost constantly. Oh boy did they ever talk up a storm. This went on for a very long time…maybe a decade. Then they started having Ghost-John talk occasionally to his other kids Ashley, Traci, Billy.
                I know they didn’t kill off Sonny…but I think we’ve all seen this kind of thing happen even on sitcoms. I’ll just call it ‘Poetic License” whatever that’s supposed to be. Maybe even borderline science fiction/fantasy.
                Last edited by jpa777; August 13, 2021, 07:49 PM.
            • december rose
              I Let My Evil Twin Post For Me
              • Feb 2016

I dont think it is psychosis to remember a loved one and have a conversation - in your head - with him/ her about a big decisiom

Comment

• december rose
                december rose commented
                Editing a comment
                Me too!

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

• eileenregina
                eileenregina commented
                Editing a comment
                I have conversations with my dead mother all the time (in my head). She and I were very close and she was my hero! When I am feeling down I still "go" to her so to speak. I think it is very common.

• DayRose
                DayRose commented
                Editing a comment
                I talk to my dear departed Dad in my head often. I miss him and like to keep him near me. I can totally see why Carly talks to Sonny. Sometimes when someone dies suddenly, it takes a long time to believe that are gone.
            • OLTLfan4lyfe
              Board Regular
              • Aug 2012

I agree with BelieveinMe. She was probably just imagining him or was just a hallucinations.

Something tells me the writers are doing this to try and rectify Patrick seeing Robin's "ghost" despite that she was very much alive and was being held captive. But then again if you think about it it all just goes to show why some people don't believe in ghosts. As an aside, I don't know if I subscribe to the whole "there's no such thing as ghosts" philosophy because I do believe in spirits/souls so why not ghosts?

Comment

• Carablue
                Carablue commented
                Editing a comment
                Why would the writers of today care about a S/L from years ago? This was written to let us know how Carly really feels about Sonny & Jason and has nothing at all to do with Robin & Patrick..

• c83gilles
                c83gilles commented
                Editing a comment
                This is true. Didn’t this happen to Liz regarding Jake?

• OLTLfan4lyfe
                OLTLfan4lyfe commented
                Editing a comment
                @Carablue
                I'm not saying the writers care about a storyline from years ago and I know it's not about Robin & Patrick. What I was meaning to say was Carly was hallucinating Sonny to the point where she thinks it's his ghost in a similar way Patrick saw what he believed was Robin's ghost but being that she was very much alive at the time, was just his imagination.

@c83gilles
                I don't remember.

Google Matched Content

Collapse

Bottom of Page

Collapse
            Working...
            X