• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • emsnana
    I Let My Evil Twin Post For Me
    • Dec 2011

What in the world was Sam wearing?

I don't usually say anything about the clothes but they need to fire the wardrobe dept ...that was the ugliest outfit I ever seen ...even if the skirt or pants or what ever it was were cute the top didn't go with it ...she is so pretty and they dress her so ugly
  • franron
    Aspiring soap scribe
    • Oct 2005

The show tries to make us think that Sam goes shopping for that stuff, and that she looks into her closet every morning and that's what she chooses to wear, as her walking around town outfit.

'Oh, look-y here! Cargo pants! In my new flow-y style! This will go great with my same old boots. And, I can still wear wear my chest-baring strappy tank tops!'.
    Last edited by franron; August 13, 2021, 02:50 PM.

Comment

• mauimama11
      mauimama11 commented
      Editing a comment
      LOL=== good grief, a blind man could clearly see that she dresses in the dark!

• Stgmap
      Stgmap commented
      Editing a comment
      I think Sam is pregnant in real time. It will be hidden for awhile to give her and Dante some time to "get together". Then it will be a 4 month pregnancy.
  • perky7kc
    Scriptwriter
    • Apr 2006

I think wardrobe hates her and Maxie

Comment

• JaeBianca
      JaeBianca commented
      Editing a comment
      Oh, wardrobe DEFINITELY hates Maxie! As does hair and makeup! That said, I would have totally bought Sam's skirt, like 15+ years ago...so maybe she's working on a vintage look?
  • mauimama11
    Board Regular
    • Jul 2020

Can anybody recall ANY TIME that Sam looked cute/nice/lovely etc in something? Anything??? Any time??? And dear Maxie too--- where is the Maxie who was the Fashionista at Crimson-- she wore GREAT outfits - fit for a fashion magazine employee... What a shame-- BOTH of these women are gorgeous -- someone in wardrobe must really hate those two!

Comment

• SunsetFan2011
      SunsetFan2011 commented
      Editing a comment
      There have been many occasions where Sam has looked cute/nice/lovely. However, it appears there are more complaints and negative comments about what she wears than compliments and positive comments from people when she wears something they do like. Seems a lot of folks are more outspoken on what they don't like than over what they do like.

• Jj1701
      Jj1701 commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes. She had a decent outfit at Maxie and Peter's non wedding. but it's really rare to see Sam in something nice.

• Laura Luke
      Laura Luke commented
      Editing a comment
      When Sam was with Patrick I recall cute dresses she wore
  • 1sbkmcfan
    Aspiring soap scribe
    • Aug 2006

Originally posted by perky7kc View Post
    I think wardrobe hates her and Maxie
    Last week it was BLQ and Laura. Earlier this week it was Carly's almost-butt-and-boob-bearing dress and Sam's blazers. I think the wardrobe hate for the women's attire gets spread around a bit. The only guy whose wardrobe gets discussed on occasion is Jason's all t-shirt wardrobe.
    Last edited by 1sbkmcfan; August 13, 2021, 04:33 PM.

Comment

• JaeBianca
      JaeBianca commented
      Editing a comment
      Last week...what?! BLQ is ALWAYS poorly attired!!! Poor Amanda Setton has always looked cute on shows going all the way back to Gossip Girl. Yet, the wardrobe person on GH dresses her like Amanda stole her her boyfriend.

Just because some actresses aren't model thin, doesn't mean that they can't be dressed attactively?.
      Last edited by JaeBianca; August 17, 2021, 01:39 AM.

• ToS
      ToS commented
      Editing a comment
      I don't know if it's a budget issue or the wardrobe folks have an issue with certain actresses. Maybe Amanda wears blazers because the wardrobe folks are loyal to Adrianne Leon LOL.
  • SunsetFan2011
    Contract Poster
    • Aug 2015

I'm looking forward to watching today's show, if for no other reason, than to see what Sam is wearing and what the big deal is. However, there have been times in the past where such comments have been made about various characters' wardrobes, and then when I watch the show, it doesn't seem as bad as what some made it to be. Guess I'll see tonight.

Comment

• stormy5
      stormy5 commented
      Editing a comment
      Most of the time I feel that way too, but it was truly atrocious.

• SunsetFan2011
      SunsetFan2011 commented
      Editing a comment
      MsMalin and stormy5 OK, so I saw the outfit Sam was wearing on Friday's show. It was a bit odd looking, but IMO, only the top part of the skirt (at the waist) which looked like it was turned down made it appear unflattering. Sam has a really cute figure and can pull off just about anything, but I don't think the way that particular skirt was made would be flattering on anyone! However, I have seen people wearing something similar to that and have always thought it was odd looking with that strange waistline.

• FleurdiLisa
      FleurdiLisa commented
      Editing a comment
      She's petite and I think it overwhelmed her frame. It's a 90s trend that's returned - I had a skirt very similar but it was ankle length. Something that long and heavy wouldn't be practical for daytime errand running and picking up/dropping off kids (like what Sam was doing all day). But had it been something she wore just for her date with Dante I think it would have been cute with dressier sandals.
      Last edited by FleurdiLisa; August 17, 2021, 09:00 AM.
  • Wanda Wolek
    Contract Poster
    • May 2013

It's amazing that wardrobe found something that would look awful on a beautiful woman like KeMo. But they did.

Comment

• want2stayGHfan
      I Let My Evil Twin Post For Me
      • Jul 2015

Originally posted by 1sbkmcfan View Post
      The only guy whose wardrobe gets discussed on occasion is Jason's all t-shirt wardrobe.
      Speaking of Jason's t-shirt wardrobe... I did notice Jason was wearing a tan t-shirt during his scenes with Britt (in Canada);

The tan colour is more flattering on the Jason character (than the usual black colour), imo.
      Last edited by want2stayGHfan; August 13, 2021, 05:07 PM.

Comment

• Kristabell
        Contract Poster
        • Jan 2021

Originally posted by emsnana View Post
        I don't usually say anything about the clothes but they need to fire the wardrobe dept ...that was the ugliest outfit I ever seen ...even if the skirt or pants or what ever it was were cute the top didn't go with it ...she is so pretty and they dress her so ugly
        I'm not sure if Kelly Monaco is still doing so however 2yrs or so ago Kelly posted on social media that her friend is a designer and GH had graciously allowed her to wear her friends designs onscreen to help promote her friends business! It was around the time Shiloh was killed off if I remember correctly?
        Sam's wardrobe has definitely been quite different since then.......

Comment

• franron
          Aspiring soap scribe
          • Oct 2005

Sam and Maxie are kinda alike. Both wear trends, whether they look good on them, or not.

Comment

• AMHardulak
            AMHardulak commented
            Editing a comment
            Is what Sam was wearing today a trend? (I'm being serious)
        • Jackaled
          Aspiring soap scribe
          • Nov 2007

Hey Sam the 70's called they would like thier
          Palazzo Pants back..

Comment

• franron
            franron commented
            Editing a comment
            She reminded me of a yucca plant, in bloom. Skinny stalk, with a flower on top, yet, big and bushy, spread-y, below.

• JustGigi
            JustGigi commented
            Editing a comment
            I didn’t know what they were called but I knew I had one just like it back in the 80s… KM and I are about the same height - it looks atrocious on us short folks for sure. ?

• SunsetFan2011
            SunsetFan2011 commented
            Editing a comment
            After watching yesterday' scenes, I think the bottom was a skirt, not pants. When she was sitting with Dante on the lounge chairs, you could definitely see her legs. I think the outfit looked a little better when she was sitting because the waist part didn't look so odd.

Anyway, I think KM is beautiful and has such a cute figure, she could wear a burlap sack and still look good IMO. LOL
        • justlurking
          Senior Board Member
          • Mar 2006

Originally posted by emsnana View Post
          Yeah those pants were pretty awful. Or was it a skirt? KM is a beautiful woman why do they dress her so poorly sometimes? She can look gorgeous and has on many occasions.

Comment

• Remarco
            Board Regular
            • Feb 2015

Cargo pants with a peplum ..... all the rage in PC. My friend screamed when she saw Sam's outfit. The usual top to show her gurls. Weird outfit...... sashay away. Go back to Forever 21 when you are around 40. Gurl????????????

Comment

• LDodson
              Recurring Poster
              • Dec 2009

The only character that I have liked how they dress is Ava's character. Sam looked like she was wearing a dang ruck sack.

Comment

• KristaZ
                KristaZ commented
                Editing a comment
                I love Ava.. I really dislike how they dress her!! The black skirt every single time she in seen... every. single. time. The silky blouses that only change colors... the black boots even in the summer. MW is stunning and sometimes Ava's wardrobe is a home run.. like when she was lounging by the pool but, that was because finally we get a break from the black skirt and boots!

• heddalee
                heddalee commented
                Editing a comment
                Ava does change her make-up frequently and fairly dramatically, so at least that's something.

• SunsetFan2011
                SunsetFan2011 commented
                Editing a comment
                I do not care for the outfit Ava has been wearing for the past couple of days. Of course, it is the usual black pencil skirt, but that particular blouse and jacket, with that bulky necklace, did not look very good together IMO.
            • samson2
              Soap Addict
              • Jul 2006

She usually can pull off any outfit! She’s so petite and cute!

Comment

Google Matched Content

Collapse

Bottom of Page

Collapse
              Working...
              X