• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rkm137
    Aspiring soap scribe
    • Dec 2009

I simply adore Ava and Trina's relationship

Ava and Trina are two of my favorite characters on their own and, together, they have one of my favorite relationships on this show. (And I loved Portia and Ava referring to her as "our girl.")

Ava gave Trina some much needed perspective that she couldn't have achieved on her own in the midst of her hurt followed by some very good advice infused with understanding. I loved it.
  • jodyb22
    Soap Addict
    • Sep 2009

I haven't seen today's episode yet, but I'm sure they contain more stellar scenes between these two talented actresses. I also adore their relationship. Ava shows restraint and respect and has become a mentor and true friend to Trina without trying to become another mother to her. She's maternal without being motherly. She knows she can't replace Kiki and doesn't try. She's just so thrilled to have this young lady in her life who looks up to her, trusts her and confides in her. Trina turns to her for advice like a favorite Aunt. After a very short period of tension between Ava and Portia at the beginning, Porta quickly came to realize that Trina is safe with Ava and she trusts and appreciates the relationship the two of them share. The "our girl" comments are met by Portia with genuine smiles and affection, not scorn or jealousy. This is one of GHs best written relationships.

Comment

• bbgamer
      bbgamer commented
      Editing a comment
      Very well put.
  • Wanda Wolek
    Contract Poster
    • May 2013

I haven't seen today's scenes yet, but I wanted to comment on "our girl". One of the few things the writers got right was Portia and Ava both loving Trina. Ava respects Portia's role as mother and Portia respects Ava for caring so much about Trina. A person, especially kids and teens, can never have too many people loving and looking out for them.

Comment

• rkm137
      rkm137 commented
      Editing a comment
      So much this. I love that Portia recognizes that another person who loves and supports her daughter is gives more too Trina's life and takes nothing from hers. I just smile whenever I see them discussing Trina, both oozing admiration and love for their girl.
  • Sioban
    Scriptwriter
    • Aug 2009

Another great unexpected pairing! They are magic together, and I love that Ava and Portia call Trina “our girl.” If Spencer tries anything with Trina as a result of that “kick me” incident (which I hope he won’t), he’ll have two lionesses to deal with.

Comment

• THB54
      THB54 commented
      Editing a comment
      Spencer is no longer Granny Laura's responsibility - plus he's 18 years of age. And while Spencer is indeed a spoiled brat, Ava is in no position to judge him.

• bbgamer
      bbgamer commented
      Editing a comment
      I don't see why anyone would think Spencer was upset about the kick me on his back. It was clear he was amused

• FleurdiLisa
      FleurdiLisa commented
      Editing a comment
      I think he kind of took it as a sign that she likes him and she's comfortable with him.
  • believeinme246
    Aspiring soap scribe
    • Jan 2015

Originally posted by Wanda Wolek View Post
    I haven't seen today's scenes yet, but I wanted to comment on "our girl". One of the few things the writers got right was Portia and Ava both loving Trina. Ava respects Portia's role as mother and Portia respects Ava for caring so much about Trina.

I love this post so much and it's true. I am not a fan of cat fights and screeching on a soap, but I love mature women banding together. I love how Trina holds her own with Ava and with Portia, and how Portia and Ava are two mature women who share their love of Trina and work together to make sure she's safe and on the right path.

I loved how Trina could talk to Ava, and how Ava didn't give her the answer she wanted to hear, but the one that she needed to hear, and how Trina respected that, because it's Ava.

Comment

• Wanda Wolek
      Wanda Wolek commented
      Editing a comment
      I absolutely loved how Ava talked to Trina today. So many great lines. Perhaps my favorite was, "No one is perfect, not even you." Trina is still young and needs to learn that everyone - even parents - are flawed. Ava was so kind and gentle, yet firm in telling Trina the truth.
  • faceless
    Board Regular
    • Aug 2004

those scenes today were amazing!!!

Comment

• McShirls
      Soap Addict
      • Dec 2017

Though I'm not an Ava fan, I did love the advice she gave Trina today. I agree that parents are under no obligation to share all of their faults with their children. Those were great scenes.

Comment

• franron
        Aspiring soap scribe
        • Oct 2005

Was today the first day that Trina told Ava that Victor and Spencer were one and the same?

Will Ava think back to the time, when she first heard about the mysterious Victor, and place Spencer as being in town? Even though Spencer is still working Trina to keep his secret about when he first was known to be in PC?

Comment

• franron
          franron commented
          Editing a comment
          Not sure either, but, Trina appears to be keeping Spencer's secrets, because she can't put two and two together, even when talking to her good friend Ava. Trina gets to be an idiot, or, a willing accomplice, in Spencer's plan. Which way will it go?

• Wanda Wolek
          Wanda Wolek commented
          Editing a comment
          The way Ava reacted I thought Trina was telling her that "Victor" was Spencer.

• rkm137
          rkm137 commented
          Editing a comment
          Trina didn't tell Ava that Spencer was "Victor." I think Ava was simply reacting to Trina and Spencer being friends and suspecting that Trina may have influenced Spener's sudden offer of a truce.
      • parker joe
        I Let My Evil Twin Post For Me
        • Feb 2005

I love it, and I love that the show has stuck with it. And rather than keeping Ava and Portia at odds, they have developed a relationship that supports Trina.

Comment

• Maxiegirl
          Aspiring soap scribe
          • Feb 2008

I love Ava and Trina as friends! I'm so glad they work together at the art gallery. They still do, don't they? I wish we could have more scenes of them working at Ava's art gallery.

Comment

• Quinoa
            Contract Poster
            • Feb 2012

I love their bond too. But I still think that it would have been better if Portia had told Trina that she at least knew Curtis from the past.

Comment

• parker joe
              parker joe commented
              Editing a comment
              IA, Portia should've admitted she'd dated Curtis before. If she'd broached it with Trina before Stella's confrontation, she wouldn't have had to admit to having cheated on Taggert. That part was none of Trina's business.

• rkm137
              rkm137 commented
              Editing a comment
              Personally, I think Portia should have told Trina that she and Curtis had history once they decided to date again. Since they agreed Trina should kow they were in a relationship, withholding an entire element to their relationship dynamic was not a good idea.

That said, parker joe, I disagree that having told Trina that they had a past would have somehow insulated Portia from having to admit cheating. That conversation happened because Trina specifically heard Stella say that Portia had put Curtis in a position to interfere with her marriage by making him the other man. So there was no avoiding acknowledging that her relationship with Curtis constituted cheating on Taggart.
          • LDodson
            Recurring Poster
            • Dec 2009

I loved today's scene with the advice that Ava was giving Trina. Trina was acting like a brat over something that occurred years ago that was between her father and her mother. Her parents had moved on from it, so Trina had no right to be upset about that.

Comment

• CapedCrusader
              CapedCrusader commented
              Editing a comment
              I think it's so odd people are calling her a brat, as if she's not allowed to feel remotely negative about the situation. Not to mention, she's been 18 for like 10 minutes. She's still basically a kid and, frankly, is probably reacting way better than some of the older adults on the show would.

She has a right to be upset, she just doesn't have the right to judge her mom about it. It's completely fair for a child to feel some sort of way when you learn one of your parents cheated on the other. That's natural, especially when you're the child of divorced parents. Where Trina messed up was judging her mom about it when she didn't really understand the situation. Their relationship affects her, but she was a product of their relationship, not a participant. She's entitled to a reaction, but the details aren't really something she needs to know.

All that being said, I'm seeing all the red flags that her paternity isn't as it seems... so the whole "it's none of her business" argument might become moot soon if GH decides to go there.
          • KendallSam
            I Let My Evil Twin Post For Me
            • Jun 2007

I adore the friendship as well. Trina truly came along when Ava needed a friend (after Kiki’s death).

The bond they share is true ?

Comment

• Pamcho
              Contract Poster
              • Feb 2012

I wonder if Trina will ever find out about Ava murdering Connie. That "little" detail seems to have been swept under the carpet by TPTB.

Comment

• bbgamer
                bbgamer commented
                Editing a comment
                Maybe when Joss finds out her precious step-daddy tried to murder her FATHER

• griffin12
                griffin12 commented
                Editing a comment
                Trina read the article Crimson put out about Ava. I think every thing that Ava ever did was put in it so I'm pretty sure she knows. At that time Nina and Jax wanted to tear Ava apart. Either way a pretty terrible picture of who Ava was got put in the article. I'm sure that Joss is only to happy to fill her in on what she knows about Ava also.
                Last edited by griffin12; August 12, 2021, 06:55 AM.
            • 2020recalibrate
              Board Regular
              • May 2020

Great advice from Ava to Trina today!!! Great female mentor/friend relationship. Ava is at her best when she gives Trina SOLID, Sage/Mature Advice. Ava redeems herself as a compassionate human being with Trina. Ava may advise Trina not to pursue a relationship with Spencer; boy, what a turn of events (Spencer U reap what U sow).

Comment

Google Matched Content

Collapse

Bottom of Page

Collapse
              Working...
              X