• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Soapaholic26
    Contract Poster
    • Jan 2017

A Question: About Edward and his will

I wasn't watching way back in the day, so my knowledge of the Qs is limited. I was reading back information about Edward on the wiki, and it said that "JL Holt" was a known alias of Edward Quartermaine. I don't remember this or the circumstances in which he used an alias, does anyone else? And now I am wondering if that line in his will could then be used to disinherit all of Edward's offsprings since he went by the alias of JL Holt?
  • Draken
    Senior Board Member
    • Jun 2005

An Alias has no bearing on a Will...A Will is instruction from the deceased that upon his death be enacted by an executor which at the time was Diana Miller who like Ned stated Jimmy Lee was mentioned to be disinherited as well as his offsprings...the route that the story is going is Austin is questioning Edwards decision leading up to his passing in which NOW we learn that he was in contact with his estranged son Jimmy Lee and its being lead to believe that he was going to change his will and whether that decision was what we ultimately got which was the Holt family disownment or that Edward was going to bring the Holt Branch of the Quartermaine back into the fold.

Austin stated 2011 is when correspondence between Jimmy and Edward began and that lines up with the events going on in Edward's life during those last few years as he experienced a lot of stressful events involving family, to include the presumed death of Jason and Robin's death the year prior. That period of time Edward was very much trying to reinforce his family including using Luke son Ethan Lovett to marry his granddaughter Maya Ward which eventually ended in a divorce rather quickly. So I would not be surprised that during that time he wanted to ensure his family had strength in numbers and possibly reconnected with his wayward son to both secure his family or make amends...Either way the introduction of the letters CAN show that Edwards Will is not his full wishes and that him taking ill prevented him from finishing out the Will or there's a Codicle to the Will similar to the Cassadines Will situation. Honestly im glad they went this route because I found it odd that he left out the Holts but left in The Wards and even Skye who is not biologically a Q. Which is Austin seems interested in all the wayward Qs that still have their entitlement as Quartermaines despite not being raised as one or having any biological connection yet his family has been kept from it.

Comment

Google Matched Content

Collapse

Bottom of Page

Collapse
    Working...
    X