• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jarly4ever
    Day Player
    • Oct 2010

I am SO appreciative of Jordan/Portia’s friendship

I am so appreciative that two, grown and professional women were shown on screen talking through their issues and insecurities, without fighting and screaming over a man.

It was so refreshing. I know this can't be the norm, because it's a soap opera after all?? however, it was nice not to have a cringe moment where two strong women degrade themselves over a man.
  • OLTLBoomer
    Aspiring soap scribe
    • Mar 2010

Agree. There were no fights, hair pulling, screaming or threats, lies being told or putting in their place statements.
    Just the sad fact that two women, who were once good friends, are at a place in the their lives where they cannot be supportive to each other at the moment. That statement (sorry - I cannot remember who said / asked the question) was indicative that there is hope for the friendship in the future. Just not now.

Comment

• Logan13
      Aspiring soap scribe
      • Feb 2010

I don't know which is better, that they aren't degrading themselves over a man or that they aren't degrading themselves over Curtis. I am using degrading in the terms of raising fights and getting violent themselves over Curtis but at this point I think they both could ultimately do better. If Curtis is looking for 100% honesty from anyone I think he's a bit naive. I don't even think he'll get 80% or should expect it.

Comment

• Bobaloo
        Board Regular
        • Apr 2020

I agree. It is much more true to modern life that two adult, professional, smart women would respectfully and honestly address their conflict and come to the mature conclusion that some distance is the right thing for now. It is refreshing change from the outdated, sexist soap tropes we are usually subjected to of women screaming, fighting, and scheming to destroy each other.

I love a good verbal smackdown as much as the next soap viewer, but it's nice to see this reality portrayed.

Comment

• dancingqueen12
          Senior Board Member
          • Aug 2012

It was nice to see real feelings and real hurt.
          They discussed their issues as best as they could.

Comment

• NolaAnn
            Contract Poster
            • Jul 2011

Well it may be the grownup adult way to handle this situation but I must say, all three of them, Jordan, Curtis and Portia all lack passion! And so I find this story Borrrring!!! Its like they are sleep walking through it all.

Comment

• jmpenn90
              jmpenn90 commented
              Editing a comment
              Jordan is the only one that I can see a bit of emotion from but I agree with the rest.
          • chebbo
            Contract Poster
            • Jul 2010

I enjoyed Jordan and Portia's friendship. And now it is tossed to the side because of Curtis.

I don't like this version of Curtis.

Comment

Google Matched Content

Collapse

Bottom of Page

Collapse
            Working...
            X