• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Quinoa
    Contract Poster
    • Feb 2012

Chase finding out about Willow/Michael

I didn’t think that it would actually happen. What now?
  • MalteseBaby
    Scriptwriter
    • Aug 2009

Tickles me to death. Austin is SUCH a sneaky snake, though!

I was afraid Chase would shoot them, actually. Now, that would be a " shocking SL". He looked kinda demented with his eyes bulging out, and then the network immediately airs a commercial about eye drops to treat bulging eyes. You can't make this stuff up!!

Comment

• Pamcho
      Pamcho commented
      Editing a comment
      Big pharma ads are on 24/7. What a marketing budget they musy have! No wonder Rx's cost so much!
      Last edited by Pamcho; August 6, 2021, 11:14 AM.

• MalteseBaby
      MalteseBaby commented
      Editing a comment
      I'm just going to say it. I have a very tender heart. It breaks when the ads for the American Cancer Society come on with the people in the last stages of COPD and then we see- they have no teeth, they have no larynx, they are actively dying ( One lady died 3 days after she was filmed).
      All beg people not to smoke, something I did for years and years as an RN.

Also, the drugs meant to " extend the lives" of breast cancer patients with a particular genetic profile. When you read the small print, it's a 6 month average extension of their lives. I'd thought breast cancer was survivable unless it was in an advanced stage. These commercials make it sound like if you have a particular profile, HER-2 negative, something else positive, you are death walking.

I left nursing before these profiles were developed, except to know about the BRCA genes, so it's very hard for me to get the info from the commercials and understand why some people have a death sentence in their genetics, even with aggressive chemotherapy, mastectomy, radiation. everything we have to throw at them. Why not use the biologicals made from one's own cells to kill breast cancer cells? I need to delve into this very deeply. I think maybe the commercials for the breast cancer drugs are extremely pessimistic and perhaps not inclusive of other treatments.

The poor dogs and cats up for rescue- I think they are ASPCA ads- when that little kitty pokes her paw out of the cage to reach for a hand, I cry. Every time.

Suffering is so very very hard for me to look at and not want to treat and heal.

Also, no drug for eczema, psoriasis, or tardive dyskinesia should have DEATH AS A SIDE EFFECT!!!! Pick your poison, but it's not a skin disorder medication killing an otherwise healthy person!!!

ALL these come on DAILY in the DFW area, and I cry if I'm watching the show live. Every day. Empathy forever.
      Last edited by MalteseBaby; August 4, 2021, 01:54 PM.

• priscillakenned
      priscillakenned commented
      Editing a comment
      Austin was trying to be nice. RH just can’t get a break
  • OLTLBoomer
    Aspiring soap scribe
    • Mar 2010

We are all watching this unfold.

I cannot blame Austin on this one bit. This train wreck was coming and the wreckage is about to fly.

Comment

• 0riginalD0nDada
      Board Regular
      • Dec 2013

Pretty sure the writers are gonna end up making Chase the bad guy in all of this

Comment

• lala214
        lala214 commented
        Editing a comment
        I'm TeamChase no matter what. My show was interrupted for a Pentagon/metro shooting/stabbing but it seemed like Chase was willing to accept it. Austin was the one who seemed to be hinting at getting revenge. I'm here for any revenge Austin convinces Chase to exact!! LOL! Millow deserve it!

LuvIsLife - From what I saw, Chase seemed to think Millow had fallen in love and that's why they cheated. I felt like he was immediately giving them a pass. Austin seemed to be the devil on his shoulder (fine by me), which is consistent w/the way Chase has been portrayed.
        Last edited by lala214; August 3, 2021, 03:01 PM.

• dancingqueen12
        dancingqueen12 commented
        Editing a comment
        Maxiegirl - I am 100% on Chase’s side!
        Willow should have told him LONG before he was poisoned - there was no excuse then. ?

• carson288208
        carson288208 commented
        Editing a comment
        That's my thought as well. Chase will have to be the "Big Bad Villain" that keeps Millow apart. It's sad and alot of us saw this coming. I will still love him though and i hope JS is enjoying this.
    • Skbond
      Board Regular
      • Feb 2012

Well this all happened because of a lie that Sasha and Chase started. When he got out of the hospital he should have asked Willow if you wanted to stay married. So will Chase confront her or will he hide that he can walk.

Comment

• BettieCat
        BettieCat commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks carson288208 I don't get how this is all Chase's fault, both Willow and Michael knew that he was out and they both continued to pretend for months before he got sick. Willow kept playing him the whole time and yet, somehow, he's the bad guy here? I don't see it. His big "crime" was believing what Willow said.

• Q_Supreme
        Q_Supreme commented
        Editing a comment
        Thank you Skbond. This is all on Chase. He made a decision for Willow and Michael albeit for a great reason but he made his bed. Sasha has moved on. Michael and Willow have moved on and he's the only one stuck in what use to be. oh well.

• LuvIsLife
        LuvIsLife commented
        Editing a comment
        This is so laughable to me. You realize that Sasha who was also in on the scheme who more so than Chase NEVER wanted to tell the truth has now moved onto another man, has a baby on the way with him, and is now dealing with a potential future monster-in-law and is focused on her career? And why is that? Because she was TOLD THE TRUTH. Michael and her both acknowledged they were wasting their time.

The issue isn't that Michael and Willow fell for each other. The issue is they were never honest about that first with each other, then with Chase so that he like Sasha could simply move on with his life.

Chase gave Willow so many outs it's a joke.
    • DallasGal
      Aspiring soap scribe
      • Jun 2008

Austin, a snake? What did he do? Of all the people in this story the only thing he did was help Chase make his way to the guest house,

Comment

• soapfiction
        soapfiction commented
        Editing a comment
        Ppl stay trying to make Austin some nefarious evil character, although the only thing he's done so far is eavesdropping. Until he's proven other wise, I think he's likeable. And if he did use the info to his own advantage, it's no worse than half the characters on the show. To me Austin is very observant...he doesn't go into a situation blindly. And right now he's the collector of secrets that everybody seem to be gift wrapping and handing to him. Whether he will do anything with them, who knows if he will. I just know his actions right now has not harmed, but only helped ppl.

• Wanda Wolek
        Wanda Wolek commented
        Editing a comment
        ^^Very good analysis, and I completely agree.

• carson288208
        carson288208 commented
        Editing a comment
        I don't see how he is a snake either. I think I believe that Austin doesn't like Michael and hopefully we find out why down the road.
    • ForeverPluto
      Contract Poster
      • Aug 2008

I think we're about to see Chase go dark!! I'm excited. JS is a wonderful actor and his reaction from the fallout of this will be heartbreaking but great scenes for sure!

Comment

• Ribbonette
        Ribbonette commented
        Editing a comment
        It's so stupid that he would go dark just because he found out Willow is in love with Michael. She's not worth it nor is the "friendship" with Michael. They are both losers.

• Maxiegirl
        Maxiegirl commented
        Editing a comment
        No they’re definitely not worth it. But the writers are going to go there whether I like it or not.

And I don’t care how they spin it I will always love Chase and take his side no matter what!!

• Wanda Wolek
        Wanda Wolek commented
        Editing a comment
        As long as "dark" doesn't mean pretending to still be paralyzed when he is getting better, I can handle Chase going a little dark. But I agree with Ribbonette. Neither Michael nor Willow are worth it.
    • OLTLBoomer
      Aspiring soap scribe
      • Mar 2010

Note: Austin is NOT the bad guy in this - he has been the Voice of Reason (two of them in one show!!) for Chase - you don't know your wife and your best friend as well as you think you do......OMGosh - it sums up the last months!

Comment

• lala214
        lala214 commented
        Editing a comment
        I like Austin . . . BUT I do think he's going to influence Chase to exact revenge in some way. That's the vibe I got from him, esp. since Chase seemed ready to give Millow a pass.

Now . . . if Austin does do that . . . that doesn't bother me in the least. I like my characters gray and on the "bad" side. And no matter what happens w/Chase, I will support him. I'm TeamChase no matter what.

• divamagenta
        divamagenta commented
        Editing a comment
        Austin was being incredibly creepy and sleazy. Even Chase, in the midst of his shock, had the presence of mind to realize that Willow and Michael would never just cheat casually, that they had to have genuine feelings for each other. Austin ignored his insight on people Chase has known for years, and couldn't plant the seeds of anger and betrayal fast enough in a hurting man"s mind. He's up to no good, that's obvious, and I'm definitely not liking him a bit.

My gut feeling is that he's using this to his advantage in ELQ and in the family, throwing Michael under the bus to throw him off and weaken his position so Austin can wedge himself in.

• chebbo
        chebbo commented
        Editing a comment
        I did not see Austin do anything wrong. He was supportive of Chase. In fact he is the only one on Chase's side in this mess. And I must have seen a different show because I saw Austin convincing Chase to fight for his marriage if that is what he wants.
    • rkm137
      Aspiring soap scribe
      • Dec 2009

Originally posted by Skbond View Post
      Well this all happened because of a lie that Sasha and Chase started. When he got out of the hospital he should have asked Willow if you wanted to stay married. So will Chase confront her or will he hide that he can walk.
      I agree about having a talk with Willow about their marriage after he got out of the hospital. It doesn't absolve Willow of her choices, but Chase even said to Valentin that his illness accelerated his relationship with Willow. So he was aware that the marriage only occurred because he was dying.

They weren't even completely together when he became ill. They were dating to see if they still worked. It was totally contrived that everyone took her being concerned about him collapsing in front of her and being admitted to the hospital as evidence that she was ready to commit to him. Anyone who cared about him would have done that. And caring about Chase was never in question. It was whether she still loved him.

I was and am a fan of all three characters (as well as Sasha, but they let her out of this mess). I hate what this story is doing to them. I refuse to dislike any of them for it since the writing is so over the top. As soon as the cheating lie/MOC story started, Chase began losing IQ points and both Willow and Michael forgot how to just say what the felt. Chase spent the whole time he was separated from Willow acting like his choice could be undone without repercussions and Willow and Michael danced around one another for months after starting to fall for one another.

Then when the truth came out about the cheating lie, neither of them could just say "Hey, this is a lot to process. Maybe we should take a month or two and just see how we feel about everything." Instead, both Willow and Michael tried dating Chase and Sasha again immediately. Granted, Chase used literally every opportunity to invite her everywhere and to everything. It was the beginning of their relationship all over again, Chase constantly pursuing and Willow hesitating. Only this time, Willow's hesitation was based on their shared past rather than her own trauma. And they made Chase even dumber or willfully blind to Willow's reluctance.

I'm just waiting for this story to work itself out so I can enjoy Millow and hopefully watch Chase do something else. I hope he a Brook keep hanging out. Whether as friends or lovers, they're good together.
      Last edited by rkm137; August 3, 2021, 05:05 PM.

Comment

• SunsetFan2011
        SunsetFan2011 commented
        Editing a comment
        Great post! The only point where I differ from your view, is that I'm no longer a fan of Chase as I used to be. For some reason, and I know it's the writers to blame, just as they're also making Millow do some things I'm not totally on board with, but making Chase so gullible and naive in certain situations has turned me off of his character. I realize his character is supposed to be an optimistic and gosh happy guy, but seriously, the guy just doesn't pick up on cues well at all... he sees only what he wants to see. I am definitely more of a Millow fan, than I will ever be of Chase. Chase isn't a bad guy, but I never have seen him as a really interesting character as many do. There are many comments like every minute about Millow being boring, but I did not find Chillow interesting while they were together. Perhaps it's because I've wanted Michael and Willow to be paired up from the very beginning.

• Mindflower
        Mindflower commented
        Editing a comment
        I like your insightful commentary here. I think that none of these people are villains. They are all well meaning. You are right. Chase thought his choice to lie about an affair with Sasha could be undone without repercussions. But he was wrong. Chase should know since they haven't been intimate since she saw him and Sasha that Willow's feelings had changed. And Chase saw Michael and Willow together when they were painting Wiley's room.
    • Karla1953
      Soap Addict
      • Apr 2010

I wish it would matter for me...it does not.

Comment

• Maxiegirl
        Aspiring soap scribe
        • Feb 2008

I officially can’t stand either Michael or Willow. As far as I’m concerned they’re both trashy people!

Comment

• Maxiegirl
          Aspiring soap scribe
          • Feb 2008

“Chase and Austin who says let figure it out Willow and Michael betrayed you ..you are in tough spot.. What are you gonna do about it. Chase looks at the bed..”

Now I’m officially excited ? about this story!! Austin is going to help Chase exact revenge on Michael and Willow!

I freaking love it!! ?

Comment

• lala214
            lala214 commented
            Editing a comment
            YES!!!! I cannot wait to see this!

• BettieCat
            BettieCat commented
            Editing a comment
            Except that this is against Michael, so of course, Chase will be painted as the bad guy, even though they have been lying to him for a while, heck, Willow wouldn't be in this at all if she had been honest way back in November when she realized she wanted Michael.
        • Sky's Momster
          Recurring Poster
          • Apr 2019

Sadly, Chase will "go dark" in a totally out of character move by pretending not to have made his recovery. Which, by the way, is pretty miraculous given that he could barely stand on Friday and today was walking by himself after making it up the stairs with a minimum of help.

Comment

• Maxiegirl
            Maxiegirl commented
            Editing a comment
            Yeah I’m sure this where the writers are going with this. I’d love an angry outburst but we’re probably not going to get one. Nobody is allowed to get an angry outburst with Michael and Willow. Instead Chase will be lying and scheming. But you know what I could care less re Michael and Willow are who complete trash. I’m team Chase whatever he does!

• BettieCat
            BettieCat commented
            Editing a comment
            And lying and scheming isn't Chase, he's not that guy. But, in their attempts to prop Michael and Willow as a couple, they'll do it.

• Wanda Wolek
            Wanda Wolek commented
            Editing a comment
            Yes, in an attempt to prop Michal/Willow in this lame plot-driven mess of a story, the writers will twist the character of Chase like a pretzel so that even his most ardent fans won't recognize him.
        • reality addict
          Senior Board Member
          • Feb 2015

Haven't watched yet but I have been anxiously awaiting the day the cheating wife gets caught. That said, given the writing I sincerely doubt we will see an angry vengeful Chase unleashed on these two. Shoot, half the town knew about their affair. Carly and Jason just yesterday were congratulating both Michael and Willow on their awful behavior.

Comment

• Maxiegirl
            Maxiegirl commented
            Editing a comment
            Like I said the previous post. Writers aren’t going to have Chase call out Millow for cheating on him as a wife/friend! So let the lying/scheming begin. Whatever. Millow are straight up trash. Could care less about them. I love Chase no matter what!

• lala214
            lala214 commented
            Editing a comment
            No, we won't see that. Chase will get tossed under the bus so Millow maintain their (tarnished, practically black) halos. This show never writes Michael in the wrong. It's right for him to sleep w/his supposed "BFF's" wife, and it was fine for him to steal his brother's wife. Nothing Michael does is ever called out.

That said, I will always be TeamChase like I am TeamBrad! No matter of trash writing will make me dislike those characters.

• BettieCat
            BettieCat commented
            Editing a comment
            lala214 I almost always agree with you. I too love Brad.

I think I tend to like the underdogs....rather, those who aren't constantly praised by all and sundry as perfectly perfect.
        • rkm137
          Aspiring soap scribe
          • Dec 2009

@SunsetFan2011:
          I see Austin a bit differently. Michael and Willow are in love and Chase was saying that if they are sleeping together, they must love each other.... which is true. However, IMO, from what I read on today's LF, Austin is trying to convince Chase that perhaps that is not the truth, and maybe they are just having a fling. How does that help Chase to believe that version? I think if Chase believes they are together because they're in love, he would be more liable to understand it, especially if he learns their feelings started before he became ill and is told Willow was on her way to tell him the night he was poisoned. But for Austin to put it into Chase's head that they're just "messing around" without having any feelings for each other, IMO, that doesn't make me view Austin as an upstanding guy without any kind of ulterior motive up his sleeve.
          I see what you're saying. It isn't helpful and may even hurt Chase more that they just chose to disrespect him. But Austin doesn't know Willow or Michael or the history between the three of them. Without that context, I'd be inclined to view the situation the same way Austin did.

Comment

• OLTLBoomer
            OLTLBoomer commented
            Editing a comment
            I don't think Austin was making assumptions - I think he was stating the facts in two instances:
            1) you don't know your wife and your BFF as well as you think you know them
            2) cautioning Chase about pushing his body - don't let "them" take away your progress in your desire for the truth (not quite verbatim but close).

• SunsetFan2011
            SunsetFan2011 commented
            Editing a comment
            I believe Austin is jealous of Michael and that is why he trying to steer Chase to be much more angry with him. Chase commented that if Willow was sleeping with Michael, it must be that she is in love with him and that Michael must be in love with Willow. This is true and for once, Chase got it right. I believe Chase could understand that. However, Austin is trying to get Chase riled up to go after Michael and in my book, that makes him a d-bag. I'm not saying Michael and Willow don't deserve to get a huge lashing out by Chase, but I think Austin is going to push Chase to another level, such as payback and revenge.

As a doctor, perhaps Austin was trying to prevent Chase from injuring himself by pushing himself too far physically, but mentally, IMO, Austin is somewhat playing mind games with Chase, of course, to his own advantage down the road.

• BettieCat
            BettieCat commented
            Editing a comment
            Maybe Austin just sees through Michael's "good guy" act and sees that he's still that rotten little red haired kid ordering hits at age 8.

Google Matched Content

Collapse

Bottom of Page

Collapse
        Working...
        X