• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Telepath
    Board Regular
    • Nov 2014

I Hate When Ava is Written like She in not Ava

How dare they have Spencer talk to her and she not see right through him. The fact that she nor Nikolas did not at least go through the BS of saying it was him and dismissing it to have the audience agonize. I fast forward Spencer almost all the time. I hope they right him out of this soap opera girl tendencies. If was tolerable because the little boy who used to play Spencer was a cute kid...this grown man boy is unmanly. Back to my point only Ryan the serial killer and Carly have been able to go toe to toe with Ava. With Avery's safety threatened Ava should easily see through Spencer. Bad writing.
  • stoney616
    Day Player
    • Mar 2014

I'm wondering if Ava might start to catch on after their talk. A couple of times, it seemed that way. I did wonder if Spencer really is doing this at the behest of Ryan. He told Ava he wanted to protect his father. Maybe Ryan has threatened to harm Nicholas if Spencer didn't carry terrorize Ava. Which in a small way would a way for the writers to partially "redeem" Spencer's actions.

Comment

• Wanda Wolek
      Contract Poster
      • May 2013

I thought that Ava was catching several clues about Spencer. The last scene confused me, though. Ava sounded really sincere and there was no indication that her earlier perked ears were still perking.

Comment

• dancingqueen12
        dancingqueen12 commented
        Editing a comment
        I totally thought she was on to him. I am not 100-% convinced, but I am not ruling it out. Ava is smart, she knows that Spencer hates her, he blames her for everything, (but her Nikolas was not 100% innocent either), I wonder if she has doubts and just isn’t letting the audience know (?)

• Wanda Wolek
        Wanda Wolek commented
        Editing a comment
        I hope that she is suspicious, but for Nikolas's sake she is hoping that Spencer is on the up-and-up. That way, she'll still be wary.
    • nykarenb
      I Let My Evil Twin Post For Me
      • Nov 2009

I don’t know what to make of the scenes. Ava started out extremely suspicious of Spencer. And a couple of times it appeared she saw through his faux concern. But her love for Nikolas is as strong as her love for Avery, so she may have bought the imminent threat to him from Spencer. But I don’t see her never interacting with Nikolas, so we’ll see.

Comment

• xoregonian
        Aspiring soap scribe
        • Feb 2014

As long as she doesn't hit the sheets with young prince Spencer, I'm okay with Ava being fooled by him for now.

I swear I thought Spencer was going to go in for a kiss several times today. Kinda gave me the heebs.

Comment

• SunsetFan2011
          SunsetFan2011 commented
          Editing a comment
          I think Ava would only be interested in Spencer that way if Kiki were still alive and interested in him. That appeared to be the way Ava worked.
      • franron
        Aspiring soap scribe
        • Oct 2005

With the way Spencer was talking to Ava, the only thing missing was him, holding a flashlight under his chin, shining it upwards, casting sinister shadows on his face, but, Ava not even noticing that.....

Comment

• LBD12
          LBD12 commented
          Editing a comment
          Ok this made me laugh and it's so true!!

• xoregonian
          xoregonian commented
          Editing a comment
          My older brothers did that to me all the time in our dark, scary basement. I am scarred for life from that.
      • mistyrose52
        Board Regular
        • Oct 2013

Please, redeem Ava!! She is no dumb blonde by any means!! Give her a great husband who will live her for who she is, and not have a rich, spoiled brat kid!?

Comment

• ForeverPluto
          Contract Poster
          • Aug 2008

I can understand why she's acting this way. Again, it all goes back to the death of Kiki. Ava has a lot of guilt where Kiki is concerned from how their strained relationship up to the day she was killed, even down to getting involved with Ryan who ultimately killed Kiki. Ava is very rattled because once again, Ryan (or someone Ryan-esque) is targetting the daughter she has left as well as Trina who she considers as a daughter too. On top of that, given how bad things ended between her and Kiki, she doesn't want to have history repeat itself by coming between Spencer and Nikolas. I noticed how she stressed how glad she was that Spencer was back for his dad.

Having said that, Spencer is awful He's using Ava's guilt about Kiki as well as her fear of Ryan to continue to manipulate her. What he is doing is horrible and beyond cruel. He has no remorse at all for what he is doing to not just Ava but his father either. The same thing can be said of his little stunt with Trina and with Joss. Honestly, he is reminding me of Nelle and as much as I loved Chloe Lanier, I hated that character!!!! I know he's the bad boy of the group and the new villain, but so far, I'm not liking the character.

Comment

• LBD12
            LBD12 commented
            Editing a comment
            Ugh I really want Spencer to ultimately be a grey character, but you are right that there were some Nelle vibes today. He definitely seems to get Ava's vulnerabilities.
        • soaps4me
          Contract Poster
          • Dec 2005

They have changed and destroyed a lot of the characters on this show. Jason and Sam are nothing like they use to be. Ava was smart and savvy and could really tough. Now she's scared of this stalker. They have really destroyed some of these characters.

Comment

• FanFromWayBack
            Board Regular
            • Oct 2013

I still don't get why Avery has to live with Carly to be safe. Ava has enough money to hire full time body guards for Avery. She can get home security system. She acts like only Carly's security will do.

Comment

• Adriane
              Aspiring soap scribe
              • Feb 2011

Yeah. Ava is being dummed down. She is sharp and should be very suspicious now.

Comment

• samson2
                Soap Addict
                • Jul 2006

What character is being written true to character anymore on this show? I don’t even know who and what or why I watch.
                ‘I am very sad about my show I have watched for 40 plus years.

Comment

• parker joe
                  I Let My Evil Twin Post For Me
                  • Feb 2005

It is frustrating---but I can see why neither Nik or Ava would put Spencer on their radar. He was barely speaking and/or out of touch with Nik for months. Why wouldn't Nik believe that the child who was already angry with him wrote him off after he announced he had fallen in love with Ava?

And from Ava's perspective, she's been met with the hostility she expected. Before their sit down at the MC, they'd barely spoken more than a few words to each other. I can just imagine the reaction from Nik if Ava had started bringing up Spencer's name after they seemingly "accepted" that Ryan wasn't faking his condition.

I would like to see them separately begin to suspect Spencer, and when each thought they had proof, bring their suspicions to each other. At the exact same time, of course.

Comment

• OLTLBoomer
                    Aspiring soap scribe
                    • Mar 2010

The original Ava would have murdered the stalker by now - Spencer be damned. I miss that Ava......this was the Ava that I was excited to see married to Nicholas. Finely, a woman who could match the sinister side of the Cassadine! Oh well.....

Comment

• Mr.Sami_Brady
                      Soap Addict
                      • Sep 2006

I am cutting Ava SOME slack in regards to this. Her first priority is Avery. Right now, she is motivated by desperate fear and willing to do ANYTHING to prevent history from repeating itself. (aka having a daughter murdered indirectly by her "selfish" need to be with a man). Granted the situations are different, as Ava mostly suspects it's Ryan (but we all know it's Spencer).

If Ava had not lost Kiki, and wasn't driven by fear/trying to prevent reliving her worst nightmare, she would have definitely caught on to Spencer by now. But because of that fear, she isn't as observant as she normally would be. That, and her love of Nikolas could also be contributing to her not seeing everything objectively. (their mutual love, and the pain of letting him go)

If/When Trina tells Ava that Spencer was also "Victor", and she STILL doesn't suspect Spencer as a possibility for the stalking, THEN I will chastise the writers for dumbing her down. Ava maybe be terrified and traumatized, but she's not stupid.

Comment

Google Matched Content

Collapse

Bottom of Page

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X