• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • messinadress
    Recurring Poster
    • Sep 2017

Not feeling Curtis/Portia

I just don't like it. I didn't necessarily like Jordan/ Curtis either. But Curtis has been so nonchalant about the end of his marriage and it's rubbing me the wrong way. I know chemistry is subjective but IMO they have next to none.
  • O_Snap!
    Soap Addict
    • Sep 2009

I feel exactly the same way. I love Curtis but the casual way he just tossed Jordan aside for a lie that IMO had everything to do w her job and was not personal or to cover cheating really bothered me. It also protected him from potentially being charged for going along w fraud, falsifying documents, etc. She tried to protect him and got the boot for her troubles. I'm no Jordan stan but I like her just fine.

Comment

• emsnana
      I Let My Evil Twin Post For Me
      • Dec 2011

I agree ...it just didn't seem to bother him about getting a divorce ..it is like as soon as Portia came to town he was looking for away out

Comment

• CanadianFan_
        Day Player
        • May 2017

I love it! The chemistry is suzzling. I am looking forward to more scenes with them. The kiss was super hot and I can't wait to see where this goes. Curtis deserves to be happy and have someone who is honest with him. Jordan and Taggert need to be together already and let her sign the papers!
        Last edited by CanadianFan_; July 23, 2021, 02:35 PM.

Comment

• jmpenn90
          jmpenn90 commented
          Editing a comment
          Portia lied to Curtis about having a husband. That’s even worse than the lies Jordan told to protect him.

• O_Snap!
          O_Snap! commented
          Editing a comment
          I hate that this show kinda ignored him for awhile and now they are throwing him under the bus w/ a lot of us viewers. I agree that Portia and Curtis have good chemistry but there should have been more emotional turmoil or just straight up them have an affair. If they are going to make me annoyed at Curtis at least make it juicy and not just dumb.
      • channyfan
        Aspiring soap scribe
        • Aug 2011

Curtis is in self protection mode. He invested a lot in his relationship with Jordan and expected them to be able to weather any storm. If he truly wanted to move on he wouldnt go back to à relationship that didnt work in the first place he would go for something New. He knows this fling with Portia wont last he probably even suspects what will blow it apart.

At one point Curtis will realize that he had set his relationship with Jordan to fail by idealising it and will go back to her with clearer idea of how their relationship can work.

Comment

• lala214
          Senior Board Member
          • Apr 2018

I couldn't agree more, OP! I don't even like Jordan that much, but the way they wrote Curtis blowing off his vows and marriage was deeply unattractive and unappealing. I don't think any woman should waste her time w/Curtis. He is an ass. I don't particularly care for Portia so I don't care if he treats her like crap like he did Jordan.

IMO, the writers really ruined him.

Comment

• stopthefall
            stopthefall commented
            Editing a comment
            Perfectly stated. I really, really liked Curtis (didn’t like Jordan all that much) but I just have found him so unlikable in this story. Congrats writers.

• lala214
            lala214 commented
            Editing a comment
            stopthefall - Thank you

Yeah, they have ruined Curtis. There is nothing attractive about him anymore.

• Mary Mae Ward1
            Mary Mae Ward1 commented
            Editing a comment
            He is no different now than he was with Valerie. I know they were not in love or in a committed relationship, but he was a tool toward Valerie. Curtis is all about Curtis as he has always been.
        • Ginuwine
          Scriptwriter
          • Oct 2017

I prefer Portia with Taggert or Shawn.

Comment

• AnnPaige
            Day Player
            • Jul 2021

Curtis can kick rocks… he doesn’t deserve any love interest.

Comment

• cole'sgal
              cole'sgal commented
              Editing a comment
              Spot on. Portia deserves better.
          • Maxiegirl
            Aspiring soap scribe
            • Feb 2008

I can’t stand either Curtis or Portia. They’re so boring together. I find them really unlikeable when they’re together. I FF them when they’re on screen.

Comment

• GH Fan 1991
              Senior Board Member
              • Jan 2021

The writers have ruined Curtis for me with this storyline. It's beyond repair. I no longer care about him. Never cared about Portia to begin with. I will be fast forwarding their scenes from here on out.

Comment

• stopthefall
                stopthefall commented
                Editing a comment
                So many posts perfectly stating how I feel. This is another one. I definitely will be fast forwarding.

• Kelly McKay
                Kelly McKay commented
                Editing a comment
                Totally agree about Curtis being ruined beyond repair to the point that I no longer care about him. Well said.
            • Maxiegirl
              Aspiring soap scribe
              • Feb 2008

Originally posted by GH Fan 1991 View Post
              The writers have ruined Curtis for me with this storyline. It's beyond repair. I no longer care about him. Never cared about Portia to begin with. I will be fast forwarding their scenes from here on out.
              Wow we’re so similar with this. I used to love Curtis but I feel like he’s been completely ruined! I no longer care about him! I never liked Portia to begin with either. But together they’re just plain awful!

Comment

• GH Fan 1991
                Senior Board Member
                • Jan 2021

Originally posted by Maxiegirl View Post

Wow we’re so similar with this. I used to love Curtis but I feel like he’s been completely ruined! I no longer care about him! I never liked Portia to begin with either. But together they’re just plain awful!
                Makes it much easier to fast forward them now that their together. Nothing the writers can do that will ever make me care about Curtis again. If both Curtis and Portia died in a crash I wouldn't care.

Comment

• Maxiegirl
                  Maxiegirl commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Same we here! I FF Curtis and Portia. If they both dropped dead I wouldn’t care at all. It’s a shame I used to like Curtis. I love Jordan and I hate what he’s done to her!

• GH Fan 1991
                  GH Fan 1991 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I was never the biggest Jordan fan. I was mostly Indifferent to her(both when Vinessa Antoine played her and now with Briana Nicole). But now these writers have made my start rooting for her with their current forced pairing of Curtis/Portia. They have done what I believe was the opposite of their intentions with me. I'm now wanting Jordan to find a good man deserving of her that will treat her much better.
              • samson2
                Soap Addict
                • Jul 2006

I cannot stand Jordan she should have resigned immediately, and Laura Miss Mayor should have followed thru.
                ‘That saying I haven’t wanted her with Curtis from the beginning, so I was glad to see him getting a new interest. He and Laura are good together as well.

Comment

• taylors2cats
                  Executive Poster
                  • Aug 2015

Curtis and Poertia are a mix of dull and nauseating. Used to really like Curtis. His character has been ruined. He can kick rocks now.

Comment

• cole'sgal
                    Board Regular
                    • Feb 2018

I seem to be in the minority in that I like Portia a lot. I've never cared for Jordan, but in this case I'm thinking they both deserve better than Curtis, who has been turned into a wishy-washy wuss.

Comment

Google Matched Content

Collapse

Bottom of Page

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X