Maxie's reply to Carly re Michael's kidnapping as a baby being her uncle Tony Jones

Collapse

Ad Below Title

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Maxiegirl
    Aspiring soap scribe
    • Feb 2008

Maxie's reply to Carly re Michael's kidnapping as a baby being her uncle Tony Jones

I had to laugh when Carly said to Maxie "I understand how you feel, Michael was kidnapped as a baby" and Maxie replied: "Yes, it was my uncle Tony Jones".
  • Maxiegirl
    Aspiring soap scribe
    • Feb 2008

Sorry bad title. I was trying to make it fewer characters but now I don't know if it makes that much sense.

Comment

• savytabby
      Soap Addict
      • May 2014

She added, “Yes, I am aware of the family lore.” ?

Comment

• bubsmom
        bubsmom commented
        Editing a comment
        One reason I love Maxie is for moments just like that.
    • GConnDi
      Senior Board Member
      • Dec 2012

The Tony we knew before Carly would not done anything like that.
      He was the best Unce,BIL,Brother and Friend,Father and a good guy for 14 years.

Comment

• FLPeaches
        FLPeaches commented
        Editing a comment
        ♥Tony was always such an all-around good and stand-up guy ~
        I really hate how they messed that all up.
    • Skbond
      Board Regular
      • Feb 2012

She didn’t mention to Maxie that it was her lies about Michael that drove Tony to kidnap him

Comment

• Wanda Wolek
        Wanda Wolek commented
        Editing a comment
        I don't think she had to. Maybe for new viewers, but Maxie knows the truth and let Carly know she knows the truth.

• Manninglover87
        Manninglover87 commented
        Editing a comment
        Tony took Michael because of his own selfishness. He chose to do that. No one forced his hand. Yes, Carly treated him badly, but that in no way gave h license to steal someone else’s child.
    • SamDeanLover1
      Board Regular
      • Jan 2010

I don't know what to say to that she wasn't told the whole story

Comment

• OLTL'69
        Aspiring soap scribe
        • Apr 2011

It would be hard to find a family in GH that has NOT experienced a kidnapping

Comment

• JackieChan
          Board Regular
          • Mar 2021

Originally posted by Skbond View Post
          She didn’t mention to Maxie that it was her lies about Michael that drove Tony to kidnap him
          Carly didn’t “drive” Tony to do anything. He chose to do that and is fully responsible for his actions (including withholding Robin’s medications).

I personally think it’d be interesting to see that storyline done over no in current times. I have a feeling that people would see it differently these days given Carly’s age at the time, vulnerability and abandonment issues. I could argue that Tony basically used a young girl and groomed her to meet his needs as grieving father with shaky marriage going through a midlife crisis. But that’s just my POV as someone who re-watched the entire storyline recently.

Comment

• OLTL'69
            OLTL'69 commented
            Editing a comment
            While in this case it was clear that Carly went after Tony to punish Bobbie, I do wonder about how I would look at this now. She was fully adult at 22 or 23 but of course a lot younger than Tony. There always have been a lot older men with younger women on soaps. I have not always liked it either but I do think I would see the young ones more as victims even if they were vixens as well. I am thinking about Tina when she went after Clint (though she just made him think they slept together) but all of Asa's younger women. Sonny has been older than all his (even if they SAY they were in school together)
            Of course Tony was fully responsible for taking up with another woman
            I don't think we can just use age as determining who used whom.
            I do remember being bothered even though I hated Carly by how bossy Tony was at times ,.But I think that this was more acceptable for the husband -Man in a relationship. back then
            Last edited by OLTL'69; July 17, 2021, 10:50 AM.
        • WalnutGirl
          Senior Board Member
          • Jul 2019

Oh please, Carly was no innocent, she wanted to hurt Bobbie for putting her up for adoption, and succeeded. I hated how the writers ruined Tony as well. Maxie has a right to resent Carly for hurting him. Although what Tony did was wrong as well.

​​​​​​

Comment

• CarnyQueen
            I Let My Evil Twin Post For Me
            • Mar 2006

I didn't see Maxie as being resentful toward Carly over what transpired with Tony, it was just Maxie saying that she knew the facts.

It would have been funny if Carly had kept going: "And then Michael was kidnapped AGAIN, this time with Morgan and Kristina...."

Comment

Google Matched Content

Collapse

Bottom of Page

Collapse
            Working...
            X