• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • taramartin
    Soap Addict
    • Oct 2013

Elizabeth seems out of place in the Finn storyline

Elizabeth seems out of place for some reason to me in this sl. Sometimes I love her and sometimes she's meh.
    I hope they aren't trying to set them up as a couple because I really don't see it.
  • kensgal22
    Senior Board Member
    • Mar 2004

Originally posted by taramartin View Post
    Elizabeth seems out of place for some reason to me in this sl. Sometimes I love her and sometimes she's meh.
    I hope they aren't trying to set them up as a couple because I really don't see it.
    I like them working together. Works for me.

Comment

• OLTLBoomer
      Aspiring soap scribe
      • Mar 2010

They are partners in crime, and work together at GH. it is not unusual for researchers to bounce ideas off individuals. They are connected by Violet, and have been friendly outside the hospital. It works for me.

Comment

• Maxiegirl
        Maxiegirl commented
        Editing a comment
        Yeah it totally works for me for all those reasons you stated!

• december rose
        december rose commented
        Editing a comment
        Since when is Liz a researcher?

• OLTLBoomer
        OLTLBoomer commented
        Editing a comment
        @december_rose - Liz is the individual that Finn (the researcher) bounced his thoughts and ideas to. Most Nurses know enough that they can keep up with the conversation. The scene set up was Finn's need to verbalize his thoughts and frustrations. Liz was a good choice over others in the cast.
    • emsnana
      I Let My Evil Twin Post For Me
      • Dec 2011

I have always hated Liz but I like her working with Finn..I hated her "nice precious me attitude around men and her bitchy attitude around women but her attitude about dead Peter and keeping Finn from turning himself in is causing my attitude to kind of soften about herb..keep it up and I might learn to like her

Comment

• MrAxe
        MrAxe commented
        Editing a comment
        How has she had a bitchy attitude around women that is worse than any other female character on GH? Especially during a 'compete for a man' story?

• emsnana
        emsnana commented
        Editing a comment
        MrAxe ..she probably wasn't any bitchier than any of the other women she just always irritated me and I jyst couldn't stand her I usually always fast forward her but I am so fond of Chase that I have to watch her to see if they can save chase and I am not hating her quite as much ..not liking her but not hating her lol
    • DallasGal
      Aspiring soap scribe
      • Jun 2008

Is Liz a researcher?

Comment

• GHKissOff
        GHKissOff commented
        Editing a comment
        No, she's an RN working with a doctor on a specific case. RN's are known to do this, and the doctor she's assigned to just happens to be a researcher.

• DallasGal
        DallasGal commented
        Editing a comment
        GHKissOff

Thanks; I wasn’t aware that nurses helped out.

• missingOLTL77
        missingOLTL77 commented
        Editing a comment
        Many RNs have PHDs or DNPs and work as researchers in many areas of medicine/health. Not sure what degree Liz has but any bachelors degree RN has a bachelor's, master's etc in science like BSN, MSN etc.
    • Wendall Wilcox
      Soap Addict
      • Jul 2018

Liz/Finn are going to end up dating.

Comment

• VixensVamp
        VixensVamp commented
        Editing a comment
        Yeah, they are.

• Wanda Wolek
        Wanda Wolek commented
        Editing a comment
        I'm sure they are too, but I wish the writers wouldn't go there. Elizabeth and Finn are great as friends, near-relatives (he's the father of her niece), and co-workers. It's a great story for Elizabeth to be involved with because it is far too soon for her to get romantically involved with anyone. I just hope the writers leave well enough alone.

• FLPeaches
        FLPeaches commented
        Editing a comment
        I;m thinking they'll begin to get close -- just in time, of course, for the return of Hayden.
        soapy.
    • c83gilles
      Senior Board Member
      • Jan 2008

This is a fantastic storyline for her.

she’s smart and has a career - she’s more than just a wife and mother. It’s nice seeing her at her actual job and showing what she’s capable of doing. ??

Comment

• Clementine15
        Clementine15 commented
        Editing a comment
        l agree. lt gives Finn someone to talk to about what is going on with his frantic research. And they share the Peter disaster. lf they begin a romantic relationship, l would be fine with that. Just keep him away from awful Anna, please. l never thought they were a good fit.
    • franron
      Aspiring soap scribe
      • Oct 2005

No one misses her out on the floor. 'Where'd you disappear to... Mrs Johnson needs a....'.

Comment

• GHKissOff
        GHKissOff commented
        Editing a comment
        She's apparently been assigned to Chase's case. There are other RN's on the floor to work as well. She is doing her job as an RN by working with Finn.

• Maxiegirl
        Maxiegirl commented
        Editing a comment
        I think Liz is Chase's nurse now. She is working closely with Finn. This does happen in hospitals? I could be totally wrong.

• december rose
        december rose commented
        Editing a comment
        Actually she was reassigned to another floor - last we heard,
    • littleliz
      I Let My Evil Twin Post For Me
      • Nov 2016

I was thinking doesn't Liz have patients? Oh he is her only one? Ok but she is just making
      a pest of herself. She should have called for help with Peter at the bottom of steps. She gave
      Finn the wrong advice. Co-conspirator.

Comment

• Kristabell
        Contract Poster
        • Jan 2021

They will share their first kiss by Christmas and fight their feelings because she's grieving!

I saw it heading this way since the end of February even before Finn/Anna broke up and Franco died! Elizabeth was in Finn's office looking for answers because she knew he'd be honest with her? She was hoping he could tell her that Franco was getting better rather than getting worse but he couldn't! He told her no and she broke down in his arms in tears! She then revealed how angry she was at Franco that he got sick, he hid his diagnosis, he chose not to seek immediate treatment flying off to Switzerland and didn't trust her! She was angry at the tumor for stealing her husband from her but she couldn't show it to Franco! They were pretty powerful scene and a great POV moment for Elizabeth! I saw an immediate connection between them! He reassured her saying everything would be ok? Finn asked her you're worrying about everyone else Franco/Cam the boy's and you've got them covered who's got you covered? Who's supporting you? Very sweet scenes! ?

Comment

• FLPeaches
          FLPeaches commented
          Editing a comment
          I've been basically thinking the same way, they might be really good together,
          but Elizabeth is Hayden's sister -- things could get a little complicated.....

• Kristabell
          Kristabell commented
          Editing a comment
          Complicated is good on a soap opera! It brings the drama! Hayden was with Nikolas after Elizabeth and that was a crazy time! They hated each other and didn't even know they were sisters! Elizabeth tried everything to keep Nikolas away from her ???
      • MalteseBaby
        Scriptwriter
        • Aug 2009

I like Liz and without her, Finn would have collapsed days ago.

He's not using his common sense about the DNA, and likely Liz, with her multi- DNA children will be the one to realize- Chase and Finn have the same father but not the same mother, and Finn's got the wrong DNA for the antidote.

That would be a true tribute to her and her boys. She would have saved Finn's bacon a 3rd time, likely if what I believe happened with Peter did happen.

Comment

• Maxiegirl
          Maxiegirl commented
          Editing a comment
          Oh wow! I would LOVE it if Liz figures this out for Finn/Chase!
      • ABCsoul
        Board Regular
        • Apr 2019

I hope they couple/Linn(?), but not fizzle out like Jordan and Curtis.
        Why isnt Liz a doctor/admin by now, she could run GH blindfolded!

Comment

• chebbo
          chebbo commented
          Editing a comment
          I was wondering why she isn't a nurse practitioner or physician's assistant? We rarely see actual doctors anymore.
      • franron
        Aspiring soap scribe
        • Oct 2005

Patient's get a private nurse, for them, and them alone? Gotta tell the scientist doctor what to think about next?

Except for the part about how visitors had to call in the cavalry, when they felt the patient's forehead and had to tell them to come a runnin', because of the spiked fever?
        Last edited by franron; June 10, 2021, 03:47 PM.

Comment

• MrAxe
          Contract Poster
          • Dec 2016

Watching doctor Finn and nurse Elizabeth.....(and hence Michael Easton and Rebecca Herbst)...working together at the hospital (on a show called General Hospital) has kinda/sorta/almost made me less sad about the loss of The Friz Family. I'm beginning to think as time goes by, I will like this concept more and more.

I still think TPTB should have had more scenes showing her grieve her husband. Ditto with Leisl and Ava and Scotty and the kids.

Comment

• MalteseBaby
            Scriptwriter
            • Aug 2009

They are doing a sloppy job of the retcon of Gregory and Finn. Finn was ALWAYS going to get a second DNA test with he, Gregory and Chase at Mercy Hospital. It was scheduled. We didn't hear much about it but it was not a done deal at that time that Finn was the only possible father. ( DNA tests don't work like that anyway).

Now, Finn can't seem to recall that the man he thought was his brother turned out to be his son, and they all questioned the DNA results and how that one night could produce Chase? There were days of whispered dialogue between Finn and Kim Delaney. There was supposed to be a control of a second DNA test at Mercy Hospital out of Cyrus's way. It was pretty much a fact, not a thought but ' This is what we'll do".

Comment

• Kristabell
              Kristabell commented
              Editing a comment
              He brought up getting a 2nd test the day Peter leaked the paternity news to the world! I guess in that moment they figured it was public knowledge and decided to drop it, the family began to bond together in their new family dynamic then Chase got sick, Finn got invested as Chase's father and now it's being revealed that he isn't!
              Last edited by Kristabell; June 10, 2021, 04:58 PM.

• MalteseBaby
              MalteseBaby commented
              Editing a comment
              OK, well at least we don't have Peter to blame in the future. HOORAY!!

Google Matched Content

Collapse

Bottom of Page

Collapse
          Working...
          X