Ad Below Title

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Guza Years Seem Here Again

Does it seem to anyone else like the Guza years are returning since we came back from the pandemic break? The dangerous mobsters at the front of the story line, the corruption in the police department, ELQ in a takover bid, etc.

I didn't like any of that the first time around, I hope that's not where these new writers intend to take us.

I like the mob storylines

Comment

• emsnana
      emsnana commented
      Editing a comment
      I like the mob stories also ...it beats Michael and Willow telling each other how great they are and how lucky Wiley is
      Last edited by emsnana; August 14, 2020, 02:34 PM.

• samson2
      samson2 commented
      Editing a comment
      Me too. To a point.

• deniseisra
      deniseisra commented
      Editing a comment
      I like them too.

Originally posted by TinkerTailor View Post
    Does it seem to anyone else like the Guza years are returning since we came back from the pandemic break? The dangerous mobsters at the front of the story line, the corruption in the police department, ELQ in a takover bid, etc.

I didn't like any of that the first time around, I hope that's not where these new writers intend to take us.
    It certainly beats 15 minutes of scenes like:

Willow: "I just checked up on Wiley. I can't live 15 seconds without him."

Michael: "Well, now it's my turn to check up on Wiley. I bet he'll be walking on water any day now."

Willow: "Well, go check up on Wiley so I can take my next turn."

Comment

• eileenregina
      eileenregina commented
      Editing a comment
      OMG this is so da$m funny!.

• JustGigi
      JustGigi commented
      Editing a comment
      And so dam spot on!!!!

I've said it before. At times, the writing feels like Guza has been secretly writing for the show for a while now. Alot of this hackened writing seems like his forte

Comment

• samson2
      samson2 commented
      Editing a comment
      SL have improved....

Loved the Guza years and no this is nothing like that

Comment

guza had a way of writing the characters... i just cannot see a guza esc era without his character building. sure he killed off alot of characters but i loved the way he wrote sam, jason, sonny, carly, hell even alexis seemed like she had more spunk and personality. now i hate most of those characters.

Comment

• deniseisra
        deniseisra commented
        Editing a comment
        During the early Guza years the writing for all those characters was great.

This is too sci-fi for Guza.

Comment

Originally posted by JustMonika View Post
        guza had a way of writing the characters... i just cannot see a guza esc era without his character building. sure he killed off alot of characters but i loved the way he wrote sam, jason, sonny, carly, hell even alexis seemed like she had more spunk and personality. now i hate most of those characters.
        I completely agree with all of this.

When Guza was writing, sometimes viewers liked the storylines, sometimes viewers did not like the storylines, but at least viewers actually knew what the storylines were.

Now, there are posts after posts and more posts from viewers trying to figure out what the storylines even are; and often, imo, the storylines are over or dropped without viewers knowing enough about to storyline to know what the storyline is, imo.
        Last edited by want2stayGHfan; August 14, 2020, 03:24 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by LovingLiz View Post
          This is too sci-fi for Guza.
          These writers haven't done anything sci-fi, imo; they even dropped the possible Anna/Alex mind mapping stuff from the former head-writers.

Comment

• TeamLuRe
            TeamLuRe commented
            Editing a comment
            Hallelujah. I hope that is buried forever.

• want2stayGHfan
            want2stayGHfan commented
            Editing a comment
            I hope that is gone forever, too!

The over-saturation of certain characters that was omnipresent in the Guza years is not here. Even without the 2.5 month gap, we are not close to having the glut of 5-6 characters being forced down our throats every day.

Comment

The first episodes from the impeachment break maybe where everyone was in a shootout. But this stuff isn't any more Guza than anything involving the other mob storylines for years. Remember, since Guza, we've had Carlos murdered twice (once in cold blood), Sabrina murdered by a serial killer, Morgan presumed dead in a mob hit, Kiki murdered by a serial killer, and a cult leader who rapes those in his cult. This hasn't been a sunshine show. lol

Comment

at least we have the nurseb ball back and laura which guza hated. a=

Comment

Well I do FF most of the time these days. I hated Guza. I can't remember the last time I watched a full episode.

Comment

I’ll take Guza over whatever we were watching before the pandemic. It seems to have improved slightly but I’m not hopeful.

Comment

Guza? CarSaSonSam literally have practically no stories. It's fundamentally un-Guza, and it's still rancid garbage. Something isn't "Guza" just because "mob" and it's not even the mob. It's a drug dealer versus Laura and Jordan. That's not the mob.

Comment

• eileenregina
                      eileenregina commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Well for not having stories they are sure on screen a lot. However, I agree, this is nowhere near Guza (who I hated) territory.

Google Matched Content

Collapse

Bottom of Page

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X