• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Soapaholic26
    Senior Board Member
    • Jan 2017

Valentine's Motives

On today's episode when Valentine just had to go announce himself as the new CEO of ELQ to Nina and Jax, it made me stop and think...has this been about Nina the whole time? Jax is a powerful corporate raider, was Valentine trying to be like Jax to win Nina back? Getting Michael ousted as CEO was just gravy.
  • OLTLBoomer
    Aspiring soap scribe
    • Mar 2010

No. This whole fiasco stems from Michael dissing him when they first met in PC when Michael did not give Valentin the respect he felt he was due. This was brought up two days ago when everyone learned that Val was the force behind the take over and Michael asked him.
    Of course anything that Val can do to make himself look good to Nina is a plus. Today's announcement did not appear to work.

Comment

• Sioban
      Scriptwriter
      • Aug 2009

I was confused about what that scene was about, but you may be on to something. Maybe Val thought Nina was attracted to Jax the corporate raider, and when Nina told Val she hopes he now has what he wants, he looked floored (to me at least). I hadnt’ thought about Nina being behind his motivation other than I thought it was a way to forget her, not his twisted way of thinking he could impress her.

I just want Val to start focusing on Anna again. Anna and Val had so much chemistry!

Comment

• louisesnell96
        louisesnell96 commented
        Editing a comment
        I was thinking that as well that he was trying to impress Nina but she didn’t look impressed. Sioban
    • McShirls
      Soap Addict
      • Dec 2017

He wants to be in charge of something powerful since he lost the cassadine fortune and business. I could even live with that, but his lack of support for general hospital is disgusting. Is he in cahoots with Cyrus? I would like Jax to save gh. Not only would it be good for the hospital, but it will infuriate Valentin. Win, win.

Comment

• louisesnell96
        louisesnell96 commented
        Editing a comment
        I totally agree. It can’t be a coincidence that Valentin makes a play for ELQ the same time Cyrus makes a play for GH McShirls
    • thecourt99
      Aspiring soap scribe
      • Jun 2008

Val's motivation is paper thin. He didn't think Michael respected him enough so he took his company? I am sure that Michael isn't the first person to disrespect him.

I still blame Ned though. Ned knew that someone was trying to buy up stock. Instead of telling people to shore up support and save the company, he chose to keep it secret so that he could be the savior and the new CEO.

Comment

• Q777S
        Soap Addict
        • Jan 2015

valentin is not the first to go after the Q family business.
        but i’m liking him take over , so far that is . valentin is a favorite for me but so are the Q’s for me .

i have not liked ned since he married the fish wife and i especially didn’t like the tough love he dished out to his daughter. so let the games begin .
        imdonr even care if the best man wins, just make it entertaining with some witty quips and timely digs

Comment

• Batgary
          Batgary commented
          Editing a comment
          Ned was channeling his grandfather when he kicked Brooklyn out. It sounds like something Edward would have done. And Olivia going after Brook and getting her a room at the MC was like Lila like.
      • ForeverPluto
        Contract Poster
        • Aug 2008

I think it's much deeper. He's been stripped of a major part of his identity which was being a Cassadine. In addition, he's got some serious mommy issues because Helena is his mother and she didn't even want him. I think he went after ELQ to prove to everyone including himself that he was still somebody big and powerful. You have to remember Valentine has always had insecurity issues that go all the way back to childhood when he was a disfigured stuttering youth shipped off to boarding school. I couldn't help but feel a little bad for him when he went to Nina/Jax's table just to say "Hey look at me!! I stole ELQ and now I'm the CEO" It almost felt like he was saying, "I'm still somebody!!"

The sad thing is, this will be a hollow victory. Val needs to find out who his father is and more importantly, stop trying to prove himself to other people so they won't look down on him like Helena clearly did
        Last edited by ForeverPluto; August 13, 2020, 12:51 PM.

Comment

• Soapaholic26
          Soapaholic26 commented
          Editing a comment
          Thank you for this. I like your analysis.

• 2020recalibrate
          2020recalibrate commented
          Editing a comment
          Yes totally agree with analysis. It's also important to him to look important and respectable/honorable in his daughter's (Charlotte) eyes. He dishonored himself when his daughter saw him push Ava off the balcony. He has to redeem himself in her eyes!
      • CarnyQueen
        I Let My Evil Twin Post For Me
        • Mar 2006

Valentin is a big baby, but I think it's a combination of motives.

He's pissy because Michael stopped him from letting Sasha go to prison for a crime Valentin orchestrated. Michael wasn't interfering in any of Valentin's other schemes or his relationship with Nina -- he just wasn't going to let cowardly Valentin hide behind Sasha if Sasha was going to pay the price. Valentin had to give in to Michael on that, and he carries a grudge.

Valentin wants to impress Nina (she didn't look impressed) and somehow he wants himself to look like he's a bigger, badder corporate raider than Jax, because he's a jealous little boy who can't stand that a woman left him over his own terrible behavior and found happiness with someone else. Just like he couldn't stand that Anna rejected his advances and so he ruined the life of her innocent baby.

Valentin also feels deeply inadequate because he was rejected in his attempts to become accepted as a Cassadine. Mikos sent him away when he was a child, Helena never wanted him except as a tool to create a child with her and Luke's DNA, and after he thought he had murdered Nikolas and stolen his home, he got ousted from the castle and the family.

Comment

Google Matched Content

Collapse

Bottom of Page

Collapse
        Working...
        X