Ad Below Title

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• All the Wiley stuff feels like a waste of characters

Wiley is a super cute kid. Love him. But like, with all the screentime Michael, Willow, Chase, and Sasha get, you'd think TPTB could find them something else to do, lol.

I like Michael - for the most part he's a babe, but for a young guy with a ridiculous amount of Q money at his disposal, he's sooo stuffy. I think the only fun time he's taken for himself in recent YEARS was going to Puerto Rico with Sasha that one time. Now he's a full-time stuffy ex-CEO with a baby and a fake wife who's equally obsessed with his baby. Not to mention Sasha and Chase are also seriously...SERIOUSLY invested in this baby. These are all young professionals (kinda, mostly) who could be doing some fun stuff on their daily canvas but nope, all they seem to do is sit in courtrooms, talk about Wiley, put their heads together to plot against Nelle about keeping Wiley, or sadly drink on piers together because they blew up their relationships for the greater good...for Wiley.

I'm not gonna fault anyone for wanting what's best for a child but it's literally consumed them. At this point the whole friend group just lives and breathes for this kid. I miss when Willow had a job and Chase and actual stuff to do, and she seemed to be getting a backbone. I actually love Chase, and at this point I feel like he just deserves better. At least Sasha is getting a new storyline, even if she's popping pills. But why do they keep doing Michael like this, lol. They all have the potential at least to be interesting characters if they didn't fall victim to the curse of the never-ending baby storyline. Ugh!

Originally posted by SoapStoked View Post

. At this point the whole friend group just lives and breathes for this kid.
    Thats the irony of all this. The friends group was dismantled all to defeat Nelle. An while they won against Nelle today I dont think she will give up. An yes it does seem all the conversations are about Wiley

Comment

• maggiebh
      maggiebh commented
      Editing a comment
      Clearly, Nelle's plan now is to kidnap Wiley and skip town. So we will then have to watch everyone wringing their hands until Wiley returns home. Has there ever been a kid with so much angst surrounding his young life? I don't think it was this bad even for Michael as a baby...

I am wondering if, now that they got custody, that Chase and Sasha will come clean about what they did. There is no reason not to tell them now, they are married, and have the baby. They can stay pretend married and get on with their lives with the ones they actually love. No one says this marriage has to last forever, what soap marriage does? And you are so right OP, it is way past time for these people to have something else going on in their lives than Wiley.

Comment

• SoapStoked
      SoapStoked commented
      Editing a comment
      That would make sense if Chase and Sasha come clean. I'd love nothing more than for the truth to come out but the writers seem to like characters keeping unnecessary secrets for unnecessary amounts of time, lol.

Michael thought his biological son was dead for over a year. Willow thought Wylie was her child for over a year. Their worlds were upended by the truth and you question why these two are consumed with Wylie? I get your point that IRL people have other obligation tugging at them. Michael took a paternity leave - what is wrong with that? He can do that. Willow's job has flexible hours - Michael asked her to be a part of the boy's life. I do agree with you regarding the satellite characters - what Sasha and Chase did was tottally unrealistic and sacrifical at the same time. They are moving on with their lives and hurting. Julian is trying to get an annulment from Nelle. Carly is - well, Carly.
    We know that Nelle will try to kidnap Wylie and leave PC.
    All these characters are prime suspects in the who-killed-Nelle storyline that everyone seems to want. Prespective.

Comment

• OLTLBoomer
      OLTLBoomer commented
      Editing a comment
      In defense of Willow's character - she did try to walk away, but MIchael, not realizing the grief/ dilemma that Willow is going through, asked her to be a visible part of the boy's life.
      I agree - Willow needed therapy - Chase saw it and agreed with her that she needed to remove herself from Wylie's orbit. Why didn't Chase talk her out of it, or at least ask her to get therapy while she was dealing with all this. This is the way it was written out. So I have to believe that everyone on the canvas was okay with Willow's thoughts and emotional attachment to Wylie.
      Last edited by OLTLBoomer; August 12, 2020, 03:41 PM.

• SoapStoked
      SoapStoked commented
      Editing a comment
      Totally, therapy would have been nice for Willow. Did anybody ever mention of she kept going to the bereavement therapy sessions at GH?

• OLTLBoomer
      OLTLBoomer commented
      Editing a comment
      Good question - off the top of my head, I think she and Michael stopped attending about the same time.

I was bored with this Wiley story ages ago. Willow and Michael are a big snooze and their coupling is so forced. I love Chloe Lanier and she plays Nelle with such malice. I just love her. GH has to have a bad girl and Chloe delivers everytime. Hope we see her storyline with Nina start up now that we can put this boring Wiley story to bed.

Comment

• RosePetals
      RosePetals commented
      Editing a comment
      I agree, I love Chloe/Nelle and I want her freed from the Corinthos and their boring spouses/friends/etc. Michael is not lead material, there is nothing interesting about him and he made Willow really unlikable.

• SoapStoked
      SoapStoked commented
      Editing a comment
      I like CL too, lol. The custody stuff needs to end here, Wiley is in a loving home and everyone moooves on. I'd much rather see Nelle and Nina in a storyline than watch her blow up her own chances at getting custody of a child she's not invested in.

• Rosey4dogs
      Rosey4dogs commented
      Editing a comment
      Totally agree!!!! Michael was only interesting when he was trying to kill Sonny after Sonny shot AJ. Then of course the stupid writers made him apologize way too fast. Willow has become nauseating now!!!!! I wish Wiley would've just stay with Brad and Lucus. Need has been awesome btw!!!

Boring characters for a boring story that lasted way too long. I am surprised they brought CL back for this when the outcome was predictable from the start. Joint custody would have been more interesting.

Comment

• RosePetals
      RosePetals commented
      Editing a comment
      CL was brought back for the Nina story, they put it on hold and used Sasha as a placeholder until Chloe was free.

Originally posted by 1sbkmcfan View Post
    Boring characters for a boring story that lasted way too long. I am surprised they brought CL back for this when the outcome was predictable from the start. Joint custody would have been more interesting.
    Thats the thing I dont know if Nelle is going anywhere

Comment

• OLTLBoomer
      OLTLBoomer commented
      Editing a comment
      WW- Nelle is not apparently going anywhere. She is Nina's daughter. If Nelle does not run with the boy before she learns of her connection to Nina, Nelle will exploit her new mother to all sorts of ends that will benefit Nelle.

Imo, the reason it feels like a waste is because it *is* a waste. Just a bunch of nonsense to give the Nelle actor something to do. Nothing against the actor personally, but the Nelle character ads nothing to the show, imo.

Comment

Google Matched Content

Collapse

Bottom of Page

Collapse
    Working...
    X