Ad Below Title

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maurice is a fan of Jax and Brenda

I know he is good friends with both performers off screen, but never knew he was a fan of the couple who drove Sonny batty at times. It drove me nuts that Brenda was so indecisive at times. He feels bringing Brenda back and pairing her with Jax, or just having both performers on canvas would be ratings gold. The story is on this site. I read about Vanessa hinting she might return as well.

Interesting. Vanessa is a good actress but I've never been a big Brenda fan. As for Ingo/Jax, I could take him or leave him. Mostly leave him.

Comment

I used to like Brenda and Jax more than Brenda and Sonny, but she really hurt him. I think they have way more chemistry than Jax and Nina, although I like the friendship between them. If Brenda weren't playing coy between two men, I would enjoy it, but she'd have to be written a lot better than she was last time. What she did to Michael was awful.

Comment

• Bellajewels
        Bellajewels commented
        Editing a comment
        If he was passed out it wasn't consensual. If a woman can't consent to sex while drunk neither can a man. So Brenda was essentially telling a rape victim that she had raped him again. Which is pretty disgusting. I don't really remember that story thankfully. Her last run didn't really do much for me. I'd be pretty okay with her staying gone. Especially since inevitably she'll end up back in Sonny's orbit which she said pretty definitively last time she couldn't do because of her son.

• believeinme246
        believeinme246 commented
        Editing a comment
        Wanda, I cannot blame the illusion on Guza. I stopped watching during his years. This was written either under RC or under Jelly.

Needless to say, it took a beloved character and made her loathsome.

• KingGemini87
        KingGemini87 commented
        Editing a comment
        WalnutGirl No, Brenda did not sleep with Michael. She made him think they slept together to stick it to Carly. And yes I thought it was disgusting because she was Michael's stepmother

i could love without brenda coming back, too much wishy washy in one character

Comment

I love Brenda and I’ll always enjoy anytime she makes a visit.

....I used to love Jax/Brenda, but these days Ingo is just really disappointing me. I’m not sure I would be as fanatic about them as I used to be.

Comment

• VWD
          VWD commented
          Editing a comment
          Ditto IR has put a damper on my J&B love and I was crazy about them. Crazy, consider them my fav couple. That love is still there but don’t know how I’ll feel about a current reunion.

• Starrgirlfish
          Starrgirlfish commented
          Editing a comment
          VWD ...Yes, exactly. I still have so many fond memories of them, but it’s so hard to imagine getting excited about the possibility of them now.

My favorite Brenda relationship is Brenda/Jason. I LOVE the way they HATE each other.

Comment

I actually didn't read into it that Maurice said he was a big fan of Brenda/Jax. From the article he was saying with Brenda and Jax back and him and Carly those four together it's a cool thing. Actually Maurice if anything is a Brenda/Sonny fan. As am I! Mostly Maurice is a big Vanessa fan. They are fairly close in real life and he's been trying to talk her into coming back for a while now. Brenda and Sonny have a connection that she and Jax just don't have. I do think Brenda is coming back and I can't wait! Between Deception, Sonny's dad dying, Jason's troubles and of course the quad of her, Sonny, Jax and Carly there's a lot for Brenda to be a part of. It's perfect timing. The key is how long will Vanessa stay for this time? The reality is if she would have stayed I think Brenda and Sonny would be the stars of the show and not Sonny/Carly, but she never stays for more than a year, if that long.

Comment

The only way I would want Brenda back is if she is the Brenda of the Brenda and Lois days, she is involved in the Quartermaine takeover story, and goes no where near Sonny. I do not want to see Brenda give Sonny the opportunity to treat her like trash one more time. And as much as I loved Jax and Brenda back in the day, she hurt him too many times - all for Sonny! Jax deserves someone who loves him and only him. That's one of the reasons I am not crazy about the Nina/Jax pairing. She still loves Valentin, much like Brenda still loves Sonny. But, I digress. My fear is that if Brenda comes back, the writers will create a story where eventually Jax and Carly are together and so are Sonny and Brenda, but that puts Jax right back looking over his shoulder to see if Sonny is looming over his relationship. Been there, done that too many times.

What would be better is if, as I said, Brenda returns to help Ned and Michael save ELQ from Valentin. Jax could be brought into that mix. If there is a romance between Brenda and Jax it should take at least a year, if not more, to develop. I want to see that the writers aren't going to throw that relationship under the bus for Sonny and Brenda.

Comment

• Purple Haze
              Purple Haze commented
              Editing a comment
              Well said, my sentiments exactly....

Look I could careless who they hook her up with, I will always love S&B, but old school S&B, Sonny is so not the character i fell in love with.. So Carly can have him, that is fine with me, but give her a good story line.. bring back my girl and give her something good..and no Jax either.. lets move on.. she has too much talent to be wasted on those characters anymore..

Comment

I could never get behind Brenda and Jax because other than that one time she ran to Jax over Sonny (when MB was leaving) it never felt like Jax was her first choice. She loved Sonny. Jax was the guy who she knew was better for her.

Also as much as I love VM her post 00s returns have been really disappointing.

Comment

I just think they should give a an actually story line that doesn't revolve around Sonny or Jax.. My God make it interesting

Comment

• deniseisra
                  deniseisra commented
                  Editing a comment
                  You know when she came back in 2002-2003 the plan was to put her with Jason. When they got married they were eventually supposed to fall in love.

If Brenda is brought back she needs to have a brand new love. Not the played out old relationships. I still like the idea of Nik and Brenda.

Comment

• WalnutGirl
                  WalnutGirl commented
                  Editing a comment
                  That might be interesting. The dark Prince and former bad rich girl.I wonder how old is Brenda's kid now? Maybe pair her up with Dante. They were friends once.

I only saw Brenda when she returned for her 2nd stint her other returns after that, I wasn't around for the Sonny/Brenda/Jax triangle in the 90s but I have Youtubed and I do think Brenda is the love of Sonny's life and that Carly belongs with Jax. The only problem is that Sonny and Carly are addicted to each other, I don't even think it's love at this point, it's habit. When it comes to Brenda, Jax is a "logical safe" love while Sonny is the "passionate but risky" love and for Sonny, I think at this Carly is his bestfriend and mother of his children, not the love of his life.

Comment

• deniseisra
                  deniseisra commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I do agree that Sonny and Carly are addicted to each other. That is why her and Jax could never work out. She kept cheating with Sonny. It was a very interesting dynamic when Sonny and Carly were divorced because for the most part they could not stay out of each others lives. At this point Carson should just stay together and raise the 4 kids in their house. If Brenda comes back I hope she is with someone new because Jax was always her second choice and he should want better than that.

• EyeWriteSoapz
                  EyeWriteSoapz commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I totally agree that Jax was always Brenda's consolation prize, he's like the band-aid to cover her "Sonny wounds". From an article I read during the hiatus, it said statistically fans are over CarSon and I have to say I'm one of them. If they could write CarSon as JUST functional co-parents than I'd advocate for a CarJax reunion and Sonny with someone else...maybe even casting Lindsey Hartley as a new love interest for him. Oh, maybe a lost Zacchara!

I like Jax and Brenda and Sonny and Brenda. But I felt like the last Jax and Brenda break up in 2013 was pretty final. Brenda went behind Jax's back to see Sonny, but Jax said some pretty awful things to Brenda, so I feel like they are in a worse place than Sonny/Brenda, who ended fairly cordially. If they were to pair Jax/Brenda again it would have to be a long build up. I am not against it, but I am not really clamoring for it to happen. It's better than Jax/Nina, but he will always seem 2nd choice to me for Brenda. The last time I really felt Jax/Brenda were the real deal was in 1998 lol.

Comment

Brenda and Jax were the reason I started watching General Hospital. I love Brenda and Jax but after she so cruelly dumped Jax for Sonny I lost my feelings for Brenda. I still love Jax. If they would bring Brenda back and really put her with Jax I might like that even if it were only temporary and Brenda left again but not if she went back to Sonny again.

Comment

Google Matched Content

Collapse

Bottom of Page

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X