Ad Below Title

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sam's Speech to Carly

I LOVED finally hearing her admit that she was an idiot for going after Shiloh, longing for her old badass days when she's a mom now. I do wish that Kelly Monaco had been the one to deliver the lines though. However, it seems that Sam is mostly nasty and snarly these days no matter who's playing her!

It proved she's never grown, she risked everything to feel like 'herself' again, she has never changed, she only mirrored the men she was with.

Comment

From Friday's show, it was clear that Sam already knew that Carly is Jason's health care proxy.

Did Jason tell her? I missed a couple of shows because of the storm.

It seemed a bit off to me that Sam wasn't bothered by that change

Comment

• clamcat
        clamcat commented
        Editing a comment
        It was actually Jason who told Sam. He talked about his wishes and about not wanting to ever put Sam in the position of having to tell Danny that she had made the decision to end his life. It was at the end of Wednesday's show. I was pleased because I wanted Sam to hear it directly from Jason.

• believeinme246
        believeinme246 commented
        Editing a comment
        This has been disturbing me about the POA story. That document usually tandems with a living will where the person explicitly states their wishes and conditions and Carly would only need to show the paper that Jason signed to the medical staff. She would perhaps have to judge when the moment was, or advocate for his wishes if the doctor wanted to deviate, but the paper speaks for itself.

From the conversations, the talk was that it's all up to Carly.

Sam wouldn't have made the decision to end his life, Jason already made that decision. Sam would just be there to see it through as he wished.

• Wanda Wolek
        Wanda Wolek commented
        Editing a comment
        ^^That may be true, but try explaining that to a child. Heck, try explaining that to an adult at times. When my husband and I had our living wills and special directives written up, we were advised to tell every family member what we wanted because - at least at that time - one person could contest the living will and prevent the plug being pulled. Danny could still blame Sam even if she tried to explain that this is what his dad wanted.

Her speech to Carly made me wonder why the writers never considered making Sam a cop. It would give her the adrenaline rush she seems to be craving, not to mention the storyline possibilities of her line of work in direct conflict with Jason's lifestyle.

Comment

I agree. @believeinmme246 with your comment above. (Sorry I don't know how to copy a comment) GH is mixing up the terminology of power of attorney and healthcare directive and a living will. Personally I think this is a disservice to their viewers. It is important that people have both. A power of attorney is directed more at a person's financial affairs. Is that what Jason wants for Carly to handle his finance. As you say, a living will provide information to healthcare professionals for when a person can not speak for themselves and name a person as healthcare proxy who will ensure that your wishes are carried out. In fact, it is not Carly's decision. If she is really Jason's friend, she should follow what he stated as his desire.

I don't understand why at this point Jason gives this power to Carly. How many times has Jason been near death and Sam made the decisions for him? She is perfectly capable of doing it and understanding how Jason would want to live.

Comment

• Wanda Wolek
          Wanda Wolek commented
          Editing a comment
          A power of attorney also allows medical professionals to talk to someone other than the patient. I found out the hard way. My brother had POA for my mother, who was nearing the end of her life. But he traveled a lot for work, and I was not working, so I took care of the day to day stuff. Her doctor dodged me like I had the plague. My brother and I finally had to schedule a meeting with her so my brother, via his POA, could tell her that I could receive all medical information about my mother.

• december rose
          december rose commented
          Editing a comment
          Were you her health care proxy? If so, the doctor should have followed her healthcare directive of you as her proxy,

If there is only a poa, then I guess they follow that,

That was my point above, These are two separate documents. If you are missing one, the hospital may go with whoever has documentation.

I have also seen nursing homes apply for guardianship when there are no directives on file - even when there are living relatives.

Even with the living will and the like there is still that decision whether in this case right now.... Is there a fair chance for recovery? That is a question that people might see differently.

Comment

• Wanda Wolek
          Wanda Wolek commented
          Editing a comment
          That was the point I was trying to make to believeinme246, but you made it much better.

• OLTL'69
          OLTL'69 commented
          Editing a comment
          Decades ago on oltl they had dorian is some crises and she had said "not extraordinary means I do not remember details but I think her neice Kelly had to go agains the wishes for surgery Yes cases like Mike's are pretty easy (not that it ever EASY) But even doctors will give opposite opinions.

It could come to percentages if I have a ____% chance of recovering with this ? I don't usually watch Chicago Med (red?) but one I did had two cases like this.
          In one the man with the terminal disease said yes not for his sake but for the chance they would learn from this (and his unborn son had a chance of inheriting this disease. His wife was against it. since it was so risky
          It would be so hard to make these decisions even "knowing"

A person can state in their living will if they want exceptions in certain circumstances.

If you use one of the pre-printed forms for directives that are available from states and hospitals, some exceptions are listed which you can check and initial. There is also room to write in your own reasons.

However, my concern is that GH - a show based on a hospital - has the very basic concept wrong of a poa vs healthcare directives.

When they did the AIDS story and even with Alzheimer's story they are providing info that can help people. Yet this they are getting wrong, In one scene they show Sonny struggling to know what Mike wants - because he has no directive or never had a discussion with him. That is why Jason decided to do this. Then they are showing Carly implying that it is all up to her.
        Last edited by december rose; August 9, 2020, 07:01 PM.

Comment

I liked that she admitted it. Everyone was blaming Jason for Sam’s legal/parole issues and the choices she’s made. When in fact Sam made those choices and we watched Jason try to persuade her not to go through with any of it. Later he helped her, when she wouldn’t change her mind. Sam made the decision to "Con a con" because she used to be one she felt she had everything in the bag. I’m glad she took responsibility.

Comment

Funny how Sam can't put her kids in front of her wants and needs including Jason, all the while Jason doesn't even trust her to be his proxy. He trust Carly's judgement more. That's gotta burn Jasam fans and I say that not gloatingly because seeing your couple being messed with is torturesome.

Comment

• McShirls
              McShirls commented
              Editing a comment
              Once again, Jason picked Carly to spare the woman he lives, Sam, from having to make the difficult decision to possibly end his life. This fan of Jason and Sam is unaffected by people who fail to realize it.

• Jrjames84
              Jrjames84 commented
              Editing a comment
              But it's pretty pathetic to say the least. Sam should be his proxy. But she can't handle his best interest and Jason knows that. If you can't trust the so call love of your life to spare her of her weak choices then it doesn't say a whole lot about Sam. McShirls

• McShirls
              McShirls commented
              Editing a comment
              Jason told Carly he doesn't want Sam to ever have to explain to their son why she made the decision to pull his plug. It's not about not trusting her. But we'll have to agree to disagree. You are certainly entitled to your opinion, as am I.

I don't understand that.. there have been plenty of wives/girlfriends who have children that had to make that call.. It's not like you tell them when they are 3 years old and about to go to bed.. oh by the way it was my decision not to keep daddy on life support.. you tell them when they get older.. my husband died in front of my daughter she was 13.. Stop the nonsense.. Sam is a big girl she could handle it.. there was no reason to make Carly have that call.. Just another way to make Carly the end all be all of everyone's universe.. no wonder this women thinks she has the upper hand on everyone.. cause she does..

Comment

Google Matched Content

Collapse

Bottom of Page

Collapse
            Working...
            X