Ad Below Title

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scenes in the era of social distancing

As we are clearly getting to scenes that were filmed after the pandemic break (based on the actors changed appearances), I am impressed with the quality of the scenes despite having the actors maintain a distance. It is much move visually appealing than the initial episodes that the B&B put out

What do others think?
    Last edited by Lizincinti; August 6, 2020, 08:04 AM. Reason: Tweaked subject line for clarification

I think it is great. If we didn't know that they were social distancing I wouldn't think much of it. Basically the only thing missing is hugs and kisses. I noticed Diane and Neil shaking hands plus Carson holding hands. My assumption is they just wash their hands right after the scene.

Comment

Yea i'm so glad they aren't going to the extremes that B&B is going. It's subtle. Like you can tell they are clearly social distancing in certain scenes (Alexis and Diane/Sam so far away from each other on the couch for example), but for the most part it's subtle. Sonny, Carly and Jason in the kitchen for example. Alexis and Neil moving around the room to keep it interesting without it seeming weird. And camera angles of confrontational scenes that REALLY make it seem like they're a lot closer than they are. GH clearly has a good team on their hands. I'm impressed.

Comment

But some scenes were shot before the stop, and others after (so the mix doesn't give the real situation of the soap opera), so we have to wait a bit to see when all the scenes will be shot now.

Comment

• envious01
          envious01 commented
          Editing a comment
          Actually the only scenes that were still from before the shut down were the trial scenes, Nina and Nelle talking in her office, part of the scenes between Olivia and Ned at the Q’s and BrookLynn’s scenes at the Metro and Q house. Beyond that everything else we’ve seen were shot afterwards

• kahinamah
          kahinamah commented
          Editing a comment
          Okay, thank you for the clarification.

I agree. I watched a little BB and it looked awkward. (Now only parts of couple shows and can't put my finger on excactly why
        I did giggle a Little when Alexis stretched out her arm fto pass the tea/ But for the most part it was natural even when I knew that they would have been a lttel closer together/

I am glad they can work around it. It expect there will be a littl weirdness at times but so for it is good

Now I wonder if it had been filmed in March if Samwould have started out SLAPPING Neil?

Comment

Much better than B&B. B&B just looks so awkward but GH just looks more natural. The lack of physical contact, Liz not hugging Sonny for example, will take some getting used too

Comment

I caught the first few new episodes of BB and I agree you can definitely tell the social distancing because they make it super obvious. GH has done social distancing but I’m thankful that they don’t make it as obvious as BB.

Comment

Originally posted by OLTL'69 View Post
              I agree. I watched a little BB and it looked awkward.
              Yeah it really did look so awkward! GH is doing a pretty good job so far. I'm glad they are social distancing, but it does make me laugh.

Now I wonder if it had been filmed in March if Samwould have started out SLAPPING Neil?
              Yeah I'm sure she would have. She can be a little slap happy sometimes.

Comment

I noticed today that they are using editing in scenes where people have to be close together. I could tell because of how the outline looks around some of the characters.

Comment

I mentioned in another topic that the directing for GH is better than B&B, mainly because the social distancing is so subtle. I'm glad others agree.

Comment

• Bayside87
                    Bayside87 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    That's why GH keeping winning the Daytime Emmy Award for Directing Team (they clearly know how to do stage direction)!

IF Jason is in critical condition after the motorcycle accident ( show ended with him lying on the ground unconscious), then health care professionals are going to have to be up close and personal. He'll be loaded into an ambulance, go to GH, be taken care of.

Carly- will she be forced to execute his Living Will? When she brought up the deal about marrying Sonny to keep from testifying against him, I thought then- something's coming up very shortly about Sam and Jason not being married. It was an anvil, I thought.

What if it somehow turns out they ARE married and her last minute intercession on his behalf saves his life? There were so many twists and turns in the quickie divorce, the marriage to Drew, the divorce from Drew, all of that, I can see where their divorce might be invalid when a great attorney OR Spinelli has a look at the history and the documentation.

Mostly, I don't want Jason to die. I want he and Sam to raise their blended family together.

Comment

• Wanda Wolek
                    Wanda Wolek commented
                    Editing a comment
                    My first thought when I saw Jason lying on the ground was "where is his helmet?" Do they not have a helmet law in New York?

• deniseisra
                    deniseisra commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I do remember a conversation between Carly and Jason years ago and he said something about he does things he is not supposed to do all the time, like not wear a helmet when he is riding his motorcycle.

• Wanda Wolek
                    Wanda Wolek commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Okay, thank you.

Hi guys, outside viewer just popping' in to ask a few questions....

So I'm a B&B viewer and they are making the social distancing painfully obvious. Everybody is literally like 10 feet from each other on opposite sides of the room, its hysterical.

So I was curious to see how GH was doing it, so I checked out the last half hour of the show today.....now forgive me, I've never watched GH so I don't know any of the characters but it seemed like they were a lot closer than 6 feet apart....

Like there was a scene with 2 guys in front of an elevator that were definitely not 6 feet apart....then there were 4 people standing across from each other (one the girl with the black roots and bleach blonde hair) and they were pretty close.....and then looked like 2 people at a restaurant table.....it didn't look like fancy camera work?? Or maybe it was? What do you guys think? I'm just used to everything on B&B being sub-par

Comment

• Wanda Wolek
                    Wanda Wolek commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I have noticed that some of the actors are standing a little closer than 6 feet. But I also think it's the staging and the location of the cameras. B&B just has its people stand there. GH at least moves them around a bit.

• Logan13
                    Logan13 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    There is also a bit of post-editing involved. If you look good enough on a TV with a clear picture it's noticeable that some of them were like moved closer to someone else in a scene. It's kind of noticeable in the scenes with Curtis and Chase the most..

Originally posted by deniseisra View Post
                  I noticed Diane and Neil shaking hands plus Carson holding hands. My assumption is they just wash their hands right after the scene.

I think i saw this correctly - did anyone else notice ?
                  LW, who has a habit of touching her hair and face, put her hand to her mouth immediately as Sonny was walking away after touching his hand at the hospital.

Comment

I don't want to come down too hard on B&B, because they were the first soap to come back into production and then also having to shut down again (after less than a week after starting). It's a learning process for everyone, so we'll see how Y&R looks when they return with new episodes next week. DAYS returns to production next month and I'm wonder if their team is watching both GH and B&B taking notes and seeing how to film and directed their episodes?!

Comment

l think they are doing a fantastic job! lf l didn't know, l maybe would not know. And l like it that characters who would normally hug, now do not. lt forces the actors to show a lot more emotion and generally what they are thinking with their eyes and facial expressions. GH has some very good actors

Comment

Google Matched Content

Collapse

Bottom of Page

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X